The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Old 05-16-2006, 10:00 AM   #251
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
What a joke. The Spurs have been getting all the calls for the better part of the new millenium. They whine like big babies when they are called for almost any foul, legit or not.

Blah, blah, blah, Its amazing how Mavs fan never contend their players complain about the calls. You have an owner who is the biggest baby of them and blogs about the officiating and gets fined and presto, the calls go for them.

Bob, Josh Howard was crying all night last night about the calls.

Every player complains about the calls. The Mavs do it, the Spurs do it, every team does it.

BTW, The Spurs won those championships not because of the officiating but because they were the best team those years.

Last edited by ro_50; 05-16-2006 at 10:03 AM..
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #252
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Heh. Google. That's rich.

No my friend. I've been a Mavericks fan since they were winning 13 games a year back in the early 90's. I didn't really care to comment on the first series because I knew they were going to win. The grizzlies were pushovers.

Rebound, slam and jam! I'm a Dallas Mavericks fan! (for the ignorant, that's part of an original radio promo that the Mavericks' station ran back in the 90s. Any TRUE Mavericks fan on these forums that was living in Dallas at the time can probably verify).
I should check the hockey thread to see which teams bandwagon you've jumped on.

And I am not talking about the first series you dolt, I am talking about the over abundant number of threads all season long that have talked about Dirk and the Mavs. You been conspicuously absent from those threads....perhaps because you are a gloryboy?
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #253
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Here is another classic Dirk picture.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #254
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50
Blah, blah, blah, Its amazing how Mavs fan never contend their players complain about the calls. You have an owner who is the biggest baby of them and blogs about the officiating and gets fined and presto, the calls go for them.
That's a joke. Cuban's a b**** for sure but he's been complaining about the refs and getting fined for it for years now.

The Spurs are the NBA's biggest babies. Even a local talk-show radio host here, who is a Spurs fan, admitted it (Craig Miller of KTCK 1310AM). He said he was sick of it and it was embarrassing.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #255
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What was really pathetic was when they brought back Derek Harper at the end of his career...and he was one of the better players on the team.

The three J's were idolized in Dallas...and two of them went to other teams and were no better than bit-players.

My favorite Mavs game of all time was back in 93 or 94...can't remember when, but I think they won about 15 games that year. Popeye Jones laid in the game winning shot against the heavily favored Bulls and Reunion Arena went wild. Reunion Arena was one of the loudest basketball arenas ever...

I remember when they brought him back. That was pretty amazing to see him as one of their best players despite being up in age.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #256
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:
That's a joke. Cuban's a b**** for sure but he's been complaining about the refs and getting fined for it for years now.

The Spurs are the NBA's biggest babies. Even a local talk-show radio host here, who is a Spurs fan, admitted it (Craig Miller of KTCK 1310AM). He said he was sick of it and it was embarrassing.

First off, I give as much respect to radio talk-show hosts as I do to OJ Simpson, which is none.

Every team whines and complains about the officiating.

Do you want me to replay last night's game, I will venture to say both teams whined about the officiating pretty evenly.

I admit TD gets upset w/ calls, Manu does as well and the others. But to say the Mavs players do not complain as well is laughable.

Again, Mavs fans w/ blinders.

They are all the same.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #257
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain
I should check the hockey thread to see which teams bandwagon you've jumped on.
I hate hockey. I own a Stars jersey just to own one, but I could never get into it.

Quote:
And I am not talking about the first series you dolt, I am talking about the over abundant number of threads all season long that have talked about Dirk and the Mavs. You been conspicuously absent from those threads....perhaps because you are a gloryboy?
It's true I've been absent from those threads. I don't watch regular season NBA basketball. It's pathetic. I DO watch the playoffs.

I put in my time when the Mavericks were winning 13 games a year. I'm justified.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #258
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Bob lives in Dallas? Did I know that?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #259
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I hate hockey. I own a Stars jersey just to own one, but I could never get into it.

It's true I've been absent from those threads. I don't watch regular season NBA basketball. It's pathetic. I DO watch the playoffs.

I put in my time when the Mavericks were winning 13 games a year. I'm justified.

Ok, there you go, you just watch it when the playoffs come around. Come on. Most true fans of their teams watch the teams during the season.

At least Llama does.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #260
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones
Bob lives in Dallas? Did I know that?
I live in Houston
Old 05-16-2006, 10:21 AM   #261
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50
Ok, there you go, you just watch it when the playoffs come around. Come on. Most true fans of their teams watch the teams during the season.

At least Llama does.
Llama use to be a Chicago Bulls fan. He became a Mavs fan this season after they started winning games. Atleast Bob stuck with his team through the tough years.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:24 AM   #262
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
The above is the definition of a bandwagon gloryboy. I am glad you could outline it so well.

Okay, now that we've established that bob is a bandwagon fan, it's time to get back on track and talk NBA playoffs.

The cavs are giving Detroit all the pistons want right now...perhaps the Pistons are not as good as advertised?

The Heat can get to the ECC tonight with a win over the Nets.

The Mavs look like a lock for the WCC...but who will they face?

Can the Clippers get past the Suns? I think they can and thaey can give the Mavs a hell of a series too. The Suns are doing it with smoke and mirrors right now but have home court in the series. I think the Clips can take it though.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #263
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
The above is the definition of a bandwagon gloryboy. I am glad you could outline it so well.
A bandwagon fan JUMPS BANDWAGONS. I've never rooted for another NBA team.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:29 AM   #264
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

The Mavericks play better defense and match up better when they have the ball if they face the Suns. It'll be a high scoring series though.

Devin Harris will shine...Steve Nash can't take him.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:30 AM   #265
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:

Okay, now that we've established that bob is a bandwagon fan, it's time to get back on track and talk NBA playoffs.

The cavs are giving Detroit all the pistons want right now...perhaps the Pistons are not as good as advertised?

Can the Clippers get past the Suns? I think they can and thaey can give the Mavs a hell of a series too. The Suns are doing it with smoke and mirrors right now but have home court in the series. I think the Clips can take it though.
The Cavs are tough for one simple reason -- Lebron. He is a matchup nightmare. He has Ben Wallace's height and build and the ability of a point guard. Their offense is simple, throw the ball to Lebron, everyone spread out and let him create offense. They have enough shooters to keep the double teams honest. With that being said, I still think the Pistons are going to win the next two games and advance to the finals against the spurs.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:31 AM   #266
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
I still think the Pistons are going to win the next two games and advance to the finals against the spurs.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #267
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I have been impressed w/ the way the Heat have bounced back. They could be a much tougher matchup for the Pistons, provided they get past the Cavs, than I originally figured.

Out west, I think if the Mavs matchup well w/ both teams, the Suns and Clippers.

But I think the Clipps will give them a tougher mathcup.

I see the Mavs taking that series in 6 if it happens that way.

But as a Spurs fan, I have hope, believe in the impossible.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #268
Montaq
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Llama use to be a Chicago Bulls fan. He became a Mavs fan this season after they started winning games. Atleast Bob stuck with his team through the tough years.
The Mavericks just started winning this season?
Montaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:43 AM   #269
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
exhibit A:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryllama
Was I supposed to pull for Dallas in the playoffs? They had a couple of great 20-win seasons during that stretch and the mixture of Kidd/Jackson/Mashburn was unbearable on and off of the court. Living in Oklahoma, the only local sports I had to keep up with were OU sports.
I was definately an MJ(Chicago Bulls)fan. How could you not be?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:43 AM   #270
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Okay, perhaps fair weather is a better term for you.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #271
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Okay, perhaps fair weather is a better term for you.
Not really. The Mavericks won sixty games this year and I didn't see one of them. I saw all 11 of their wins in 1993, though.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:51 AM   #272
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Not really. The Mavericks won sixty games this year and I didn't see one of them. I saw all 11 of their wins in 1993, though.
You did not watch one Mavs game this year?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #273
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryllama
Was I supposed to pull for Dallas in the playoffs? They had a couple of great 20-win seasons during that stretch and the mixture of Kidd/Jackson/Mashburn was unbearable on and off of the court. Living in Oklahoma, the only local sports I had to keep up with were OU sports.
I was definately an MJ(Chicago Bulls)fan. How could you not be?

You got to be kidding, Llama really said that. When? Was it recently.

I admired and respected MJ but couldn't stand the Bulls. They use to always kick the Spurs butts in the 90's.

If this true, I have lost the respect (not that much to begin w/) I had for Llama.

GEEZ. I've been a Spurs fan since 1989-90 when I was 10. I went through that 96-97 injury marred year and Spurs have had good fortune w/ the lottery (the Admiral and TD) but you know I will be rooting for them once their run is done.

I cant stand bangwagon fans and hoppers. I know misery, I'm a Cleveland Indians fan.

I went through all of those years as a Spurs fan when they couldnt win the big game. They were the Mavs of a decade earlier.

Freaking Rod Strickland's behind-the-back pass in game 7 of the 1990 Western Conference Semis, the meltdown in 94 against the Jazz in the first round.

And dont get me started on Hakeem, he is still abusing the Admiral in the 95 WCF in the back of my mind.

And the Spurs-Lakers battles through the years. My stereotype of Mavs fans are further enchanced by Llama and Bob.

Last edited by ro_50; 05-16-2006 at 10:58 AM..
Old 05-16-2006, 11:05 AM   #274
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I dont know what is more amazing, the fact you didnt even watch one game of the Mavs this season or the fact you are a Broncos fan in disguise.

And why you always keep harboring back to 1993.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #275
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

well, dammit, i haven't been posting about the NBA for a week or so because i've been heartbroken. My Nuggs got their asses handed to them. I had to watch my lakers get dismantled in the midst of 11 drunk suns fans. I'm a beaten man.

On top of that, the player I hate the most in the NBA, dirk ****ing nowitski, is putting on the best postseason of his career. Damn you llama, and damn you rulon You can both suck a big fatty.

All in all, this has been on of the best postseasons in memory for me. TREMENDOUS games, heartbreaking upsets, buzzer beaters, spectacular D, rediculous shooting, rivalries, hard fouls, horrible officiating, fantastic bench production...I seriously have been enjoying these games more than any other postseason.

Lebron is flat out sick. That kid is truly incredible. He's had two triple doubles in his first postseason appearance, and is on his way to defeating one of the most solid teams in the league. unbelievable.

I swear the clippers we're going to be the clippers again when they all but squandered a 13 point lead in the forth, but once again the alien comes up big in the playoffs, and they even the series. THAT is going 7 games.

it really pains me to say this, but the Mavs look like they're out to stop the madness this year. Not so much that I guess, but the spurs just look old. I was under the impression that they'd come out and beat the crap out of Dirk and co, but man oh man they just can't finish. Dirk just won't stop. ugh.

Anyways, three cheers for a ****ing fantastic two rounds of NBA Postseason Play thus far....it just keeps getting better and better.

and bob, you suck big donkey dick
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote