The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2006, 10:11 PM   #2301
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Sens over Lightning in 4
Hurricanes over Canadiens in 6
Devils over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 5

Red Wings over Oilers in 6
Avalanche over Stars in 6
Flames over Ducks in 7
Sharks over Predators in 5

The best tournament in North American sports starts in two nights. I can't freaking wait.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #2302
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

So where will most of the game be shown? OLN?
Will ESPN have any games?
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #2303
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Beard
So where will most of the game be shown? OLN?
Will ESPN have any games?
OLN and NBC. ESPN didn't renew their contract with the NHL and won't have any playoff games. ESPN probably won't even show highlights, unless something bad happens; ie Bertuzzi incident, Tochett gambling, etc.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #2304
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Sens over Lightning in 4
Devils over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 5

Flames over Ducks in 7

The best tournament in North American sports starts in two nights. I can't freaking wait.
Do you really think the Avs will knock off the Stars? If so...why?

In any case I hope you're right.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:09 PM   #2305
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Do you really think the Avs will knock off the Stars? If so...why?

In any case I hope you're right.
Because the Avs have played well against the Stars this season when you throw out the shootout, which we do in the postseason. Because Turco has not been good in the playoffs, especially against Colorado in '04. Because I think our elite players (Sakic, Blake, Hejduk, Tanguay) will outperform theirs (Modano, Zubov, Lehitnen, Arnott). Because I think Wolski will add a spark to the team. Maybe we're due for some breaks.

Outside of Nashville there's not another team in the Western Conference I would have rather played in the first round than the Stars. I don't know, for some reason I have a good feeling about this series.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:46 PM   #2306
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Because the Avs have played well against the Stars this season when you throw out the shootout, which we do in the postseason. Because Turco has not been good in the playoffs, especially against Colorado in '04. Because I think our elite players (Sakic, Blake, Hejduk, Tanguay) will outperform theirs (Modano, Zubov, Lehitnen, Arnott). Because I think Wolski will add a spark to the team. Maybe we're due for some breaks.

Outside of Nashville there's not another team in the Western Conference I would have rather played in the first round than the Stars. I don't know, for some reason I have a good feeling about this series.
I really hope that your right but i think they'll take us in 6...we've been way to inconsistant all year long and have had to many injuries...the only way we make it out of the first round is if Theodore plays like he did in th 02 playoffs...sorry man i'm just being real! Dallas 4-2...maybe 4-3.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:47 PM   #2307
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

The draft lottery will be held tomorrow at noon eastern time. Here are the teams chances of landing the 1st pick.

1. St. Louis (25.0 percent)
2. Pittsburgh (18.8 percent)
3. Chicago (14.2 percent)
4. Washington (10.7 percent)
5. Boston (8.1 percent)
6. Columbus (6.2 percent)
7. N.Y. Islanders (4.7 perecnt)
8. Phoenix (3.6 percent)
9. Minnesota (2.7 percent)
10. Florida (2.1 percent)
11. Los Angeles (1.5 percent)
12. Atlanta (1.1 percent)
13. Toronto (0.8 percent)
14. Vancouver (0.5 percent)
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:52 PM   #2308
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Sens over Lightning in 4
Devils over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 5

Flames over Ducks in 7

lets see, you picked all the higher ranked teams BUT the avs, being quite the homer there arent ya ?

Red wings are gone first round, they had a really weak division, and have an artificially good record this year, any team that gets 24 games against the blues, blackhawks and blue jackets should win the presidents trophy, hell thats 48 points off just 3 teams. Edmonton has takin 5 of 8 points from them this year and playing good hockey.

Hurricanes are also out, they have been over achieving all year, mostly much like the red wings against weak teams in there division.

Senators, sorry al, another first round exit for you this year, emery aint gonna cut it against the defending stanley cup champs, and hasek aint comin back, get out the clubs, youll be able to catch the leafs on the back 9.

Rangers are gone, probally 4 straight, devils are hottest team in the league, and how can you argue with brodeur, best goalie in the game, and hes hot.

Flyers and sabres, well im a flyers fan so im gonna do the homer thing and pick them, but itll take 7 games, and its not going to be easy, altho the sabres dont have a goalie thats played an nhl playoff game, that should help. If not they can go golf with the leafs and sens.

Sharks preds, i think sharks take it, thorton is just on fire, and i think they have better goaltending.

Flames, ducks and avs stars i dont really know so ill go with whoever wins the first game to lose the series.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #2309
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta
lets see, you picked all the higher ranked teams BUT the avs, being quite the homer there arent ya ?

Red wings are gone first round, they had a really weak division, and have an artificially good record this year, any team that gets 24 games against the blues, blackhawks and blue jackets should win the presidents trophy, hell thats 48 points off just 3 teams. Edmonton has takin 5 of 8 points from them this year and playing good hockey.

Hurricanes are also out, they have been over achieving all year, mostly much like the red wings against weak teams in there division.

Senators, sorry al, another first round exit for you this year, emery aint gonna cut it against the defending stanley cup champs, and hasek aint comin back, get out the clubs, youll be able to catch the leafs on the back 9.

Rangers are gone, probally 4 straight, devils are hottest team in the league, and how can you argue with brodeur, best goalie in the game, and hes hot.

Flyers and sabres, well im a flyers fan so im gonna do the homer thing and pick them, but itll take 7 games, and its not going to be easy, altho the sabres dont have a goalie thats played an nhl playoff game, that should help. If not they can go golf with the leafs and sens.

Sharks preds, i think sharks take it, thorton is just on fire, and i think they have better goaltending.

Flames, ducks and avs stars i dont really know so ill go with whoever wins the first game to lose the series.
We have another Flyers fan on the board.

Great.....

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #2310
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
The draft lottery will be held tomorrow at noon eastern time. Here are the teams chances of landing the 1st pick.

1. St. Louis (25.0 percent)
2. Pittsburgh (18.8 percent)
3. Chicago (14.2 percent)
4. Washington (10.7 percent)
5. Boston (8.1 percent)
6. Columbus (6.2 percent)
7. N.Y. Islanders (4.7 perecnt)
8. Phoenix (3.6 percent)
9. Minnesota (2.7 percent)
10. Florida (2.1 percent)
11. Los Angeles (1.5 percent)
12. Atlanta (1.1 percent)
13. Toronto (0.8 percent)
14. Vancouver (0.5 percent)
Im going to be furious if we end up 3rd.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #2311
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Im going to be furious if we end up 3rd.
You already have Crosby and will most likely get Malkin in the not too distant future. You have no right to complain whatever happens.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #2312
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta

I'll be one of the first ones to admit I'd love to see Detroit bounced, but it ain't gonna happen. You're delusional.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #2313
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Well the Kings cleaned house, kind of old news but Ive said before two-three weeks ago that Dave Taylor and upper management are gone. Coaches are gone. Kings need to spend money on players otherwise they better get used to these results. I would hope the Kings make a pitch for Luongo again and grab Gaborik. We should have alot of money to spend to outbid just about anyone with Roenick/Luc Robitaille gone.

Anyway 1.5% chance for the top pick? sweet....not.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #2314
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
I'll be one of the first ones to admit I'd love to see Detroit bounced, but it ain't gonna happen. You're delusional.
Detroit typically sucks in the first round. Oilers will put up a good fight.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:29 AM   #2315
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
I would hope the Kings make a pitch for Luongo again and grab Gaborik. .
No...he's ours to get, you cant have him!

We have to get him out of Minnesota somehow. 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and throw in Ryan Malone, I dont care. We need someone who can close on Crosby's passes.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 AM   #2316
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Detroit typically sucks in the first round. Oilers will put up a good fight.

Uh huh. They suck so much, please remind me how many Cups they've brought home in the last ten years.

Now knock this **** off, you guys are making me look like a Wings apologist.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 AM   #2317
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
No...he's ours to get, you cant have him!

We have to get him out of Minnesota somehow. 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and throw in Ryan Malone, I dont care. We need someone who can close on Crosby's passes.
I dont know socal, he would be a nice heir apparent to Luc.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #2318
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well the Kings cleaned house, kind of old news but Ive said before two-three weeks ago that Dave Taylor and upper management are gone. Coaches are gone. Kings need to spend money on players otherwise they better get used to these results. I would hope the Kings make a pitch for Luongo again and grab Gaborik. We should have alot of money to spend to outbid just about anyone with Roenick/Luc Robitaille gone.

Anyway 1.5% chance for the top pick? sweet....not.

I think Luongo stays put. There's talk of Jokinen reupping with the Panthers and Luongo likes that fact.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:33 AM   #2319
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

IMO, I don't think Gaborik will leave Minny either. He's their star.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #2320
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
IMO, I don't think Gaborik will leave Minny either. He's their star.
Gaborik wants out of minny as I understand it.

As for Luongo he is asking for alot of money and Im not quite sure if Keenan wants to pay him that much. That said if the new GM for the Kings makes a nice pitch to Keenan for Luongo then I suspect a trade will happen. Dave Taylor had Keenan at the table during the trade deadline and didnt put up a good offer so Keenan walked away.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:45 AM   #2321
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Really? I hadn't heard that. I figured they would keep him at pretty much any cost, although they are pretty tight fisted up there.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:55 AM   #2322
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

About Luongo he turned down a 5 year contract worth 30 million from the Panthers, that alone should tell you he doesnt really want to play for them.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:05 AM   #2323
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens
You already have Crosby and will most likely get Malkin in the not too distant future. You have no right to complain whatever happens.

I just want to see everyone go ballistic (especially Herc) if we get the 1st pick again.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:22 AM   #2324
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Word is Dean Lombardi will be the Kings next GM, wonder if phillybronconut has any info on the guy or if any shark fans know him. I dont know much about the guy

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14373289.htm
Old 04-20-2006, 05:02 AM   #2325
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
On what basis do you think your going to beat them?

Dont bring up stuff from 94 and 97, thats hardly relevant to this discussion as it is 10 years ago and the rosters on both clubs have changed dramatically. Even though they lost Stevens and Neidermayer, NJ's roster has alot of playoff experience and you guys have squat (the players as a group together, not individually). You guys are playing like queers and NJ is raping. Is Lundy even healthy enough for the opening game?

NYR has alot of questions. Its not the same team as earlier in the year.

Read Post #2284

For the Rangers to win, Skyora and Prucha need to play better....without Stevens and Neidermayer, NJ is easier to attack on D if you have speed. Look at every game the two have played this year, they are always close and this will not be a blow that you all think...

PS, stop b****ing about the Pens maybe getting the #3 pick....you have no room to complain about your team in the draft....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote