The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #2251
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
And Svatos.

Just sayin....
Not quite in their class, but not too far behind. Unfortunately he has porcelain shoulders. This isn't even the second time that he's missed a lot of time due to his shoulders.

He's a hell of an offensive player though...it's just...

You know.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:14 PM   #2252
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain
 
Breck Bronc's Avatar
 
The Gunslinger

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,049
Default

Dion Phaneuf is just as good at his position as Ovechkin and Crosby are at forward. Forwards naturally get more attention, especially when they play on the east coast.

It's not going to be fun playing against this guy 8 times a year for Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota, and Vancouver.

I thought Theodore was very good tonight in net. He stopped a bunch of great scoring chances. His weakness was shown on Edmonton's game winning goal; shots over the shoulder and under the crossbar are tough for most goalies, particularly smaller ones like Jose.

The defense needs to step it up big time in the playoffs and hopefully Wolski can spark the team a little. Dallas will be favored, but any team with Sakic, Blake, Tanguay and Hejduk and some good role players will not be easy to beat. I just wish we had another option on the blueline other than Brisebois (and Liles sometimes, too).
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:37 PM   #2253
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Dion Phaneuf is just as good at his position as Ovechkin and Crosby are at forward. Forwards naturally get more attention, especially when they play on the east coast.

It's not going to be fun playing against this guy 8 times a year for Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota, and Vancouver.

I thought Theodore was very good tonight in net. He stopped a bunch of great scoring chances. His weakness was shown on Edmonton's game winning goal; shots over the shoulder and under the crossbar are tough for most goalies, particularly smaller ones like Jose.

The defense needs to step it up big time in the playoffs and hopefully Wolski can spark the team a little. Dallas will be favored, but any team with Sakic, Blake, Tanguay and Hejduk and some good role players will not be easy to beat. I just wish we had another option on the blueline other than Brisebois (and Liles sometimes, too).
Great take.

Dion Phaneuf is an outstanding player. He won't garner the votes that Ovechkin, and Crosby will. There are some Norris trophies in his horizon.

The Av's defense is doing what they can. Blake is playing well. Liles (as Tredici pointed out) plays hard, and Skrastins is steady. Sauer makes Skoula look hard nosed, and Clark gets the most out of his abilities.

Cripes...that's what they've got at the blueline.

I'd love to see them advance...it's always possible if the guy in the nets gets hot. They can score goals, but I'm just not sure if they can prevent them.

If Tay-O-Door goes Vezina...then the Avs have a chance...otherwise...they're out in 6 at the most.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:21 AM   #2254
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Went to tonights Ducks vs Calgary showdown which in all respects lost most of its necessary needs for a win with Avs losing, but Ducks needed to get in the playoffs on a winning run after the horrible road trip. Game notes had two pages of penalties with many of them for fighting. If this is what to figure for next week's start of the 3 vs 6 match up, this will be epic. I like the matches of the Avs and Stars and Predators turning it around in time to take on the new hot team the Sharks. Good western conference match ups.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:55 AM   #2255
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

svatos is good - phaneuf is phan-onemonal -

but crosby hit 100 MF'ers!

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #2256
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,382
Default

svatos is made of glass and only gets about 12 minutes a night....

PL would be smart to trade him while he still has value.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:50 AM   #2257
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,382
Default

Andrew Peters showing the Leafs' bench what they'll be doing soon.
(scroll down for the link)

http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #2258
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia
Andrew Peters showing the Leafs' bench what they'll be doing soon.
(scroll down for the link)

http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/
Hah! F the Leafs.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #2259
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Crosby with Goal # 39 on the year, Point #101.

I know this is greedy since he already got his 100, but I want that 40th goal!

EDIT: Crosby with an assist. 102 points.
__________________

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 04-18-2006 at 08:29 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #2260
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Caps end with a win and Ovechkin has an assist. 52-54-106 and a +2 and 3rd in the NHL in scoring, only about 20 points better than what I thought would be a great season.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #2261
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

The Atlantic Division crown switched hands twice tonight, but after being down 3-0 and with the Rangers losing, the New Jersey Devils pull off a huge comeback against Montreal and wind up finishing with the third seed. With that, your Eastern Conference playoff matchups:

(1) Ottawa Senators versus (8) Tampa Bay Lightning
(2) Carolina Hurricanes versus (7) Montreal Canadiens
(3) New Jersey Devils versus (6) New York Rangers
(4) Buffalo Sabres versus (5) Philadelphia Flyers
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #2262
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Thee New Jersey Devils finish the season with 11 straight wins and come all the way back to win the Atlantic Division. The Eastern Conference is now set.

1. Ottawa vs 8. Tampa Bay
2. Carolina vs 7. Montreal
3. New Jersey vs 6. NY Rangers
4. Buffalo vs 5. Philadelphia
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #2263
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
The Atlantic Division crown switched hands twice tonight, but after being down 3-0 and with the Rangers losing, the New Jersey Devils pull off a huge comeback against Montreal and wind up finishing with the third seed. With that, your Eastern Conference playoff matchups:

(1) Ottawa Senators versus (8) Tampa Bay Lightning
(2) Carolina Hurricanes versus (7) Montreal Canadiens
(3) New Jersey Devils versus (6) New York Rangers
(4) Buffalo Sabres versus (5) Philadelphia Flyers
Cool. I didnt want Philly winning the division and getting home ice. They will have their hands full with Buffalo.

SoCal's First Round Picks

(1) Ottawa 4
(8) Tampa Bay 2

(2) Carolina 4
(7) Montreal 2

(3) New Jersey 4
(6) New York 2

(4) Buffalo 4
(5) Philadelphia 3

(1) Detroit 4
(8) Edmonton 2

(2) Dallas 4
(7) Colorado 3

(3) Calgary 3
(6) Anaheim 4

(4) Nashville 1
(5) San Jose 4
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:15 PM   #2264
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Predictions folks?

Here's mine:

East

Ottawa over Tampa Bay in four games
Montreal over Carolina in six games
New Jersey over New York in six games
Buffalo over Philadelphia in seven games

West

Detroit over Edmonton in five games
Dallas over Colorado in six games
Calgary over Anaheim in seven games
San Jose over Nashville in six games
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #2265
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Ottawa over Tampa in 5
Carolina over Montreal in 6
New Jersey over New York in 5
Philadelphia over Buffalo in 6

Detroit over Edmonton in 5
Colorado over Dallas in 6
Calgary over Anaheim in 6
San Jose over Nashville in 6
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #2266
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Predictions folks?

Here's mine:

East

Ottawa over Tampa Bay in four games
Montreal over Carolina in six games
New Jersey over New York in six games
Buffalo over Philadelphia in seven games

West

Detroit over Edmonton in five games
Dallas over Colorado in six games
Calgary over Anaheim in seven games
San Jose over Nashville in six games
First, I must say last night I pulled a SoCal, and cheered for a loss. I really did not want the Avs to have to face Calgary...at home. Yikes.

My predictions:
Ottawa over TB in 4
Carolina over the Habs in 6 ( although those Habs certainly are a hot commodity )
NJ over NY in 7
Buffalo over Philly in 7

West:
Detwat over Edmonton in 6
Dallas over our beloved Avs in 6 too
Calgary over Anaheim in 6
San Jose over Nashville in 7

There they are. I can't wait for the playoffs to start!
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #2267
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

NJ has never beat the Rangers in the playoffs....that streak will stay alive...not having Kasper or Lundqvist down the stretch hurt the rangers...
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #2268
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Congrats to Joe Thornton on winning the Art Ross Trophy (he should add the Hart Trophy to that in my opinion) and Jonathon Cheechoo on the Rocket Richard Trophy.

If Cheechoo gets any kind of bonus for winning the award, he should split it with Thornton immediatly. He had 7 goals in 24 games before Thornton arrived and 49 goals in 58 games afterwards.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #2269
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle
NJ has never beat the Rangers in the playoffs....that streak will stay alive...not having Kasper or Lundqvist down the stretch hurt the rangers...
Im sorry but your going to get raped by NJ.

They are playing so good right now and Marty is going to own.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #2270
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Im sorry but your going to get raped by NJ.

They are playing so good right now and Marty is going to own.

I agree, they are scary right now. Of course, Melrose is drooling all over them like a b!tch in heat. They are peaking at just the right time. I think that might be a pretty interesting series to watch.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #2271
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Congrats to Joe Thornton on winning the Art Ross Trophy (he should add the Hart Trophy to that in my opinion) and Jonathon Cheechoo on the Rocket Richard Trophy.

If Cheechoo gets any kind of bonus for winning the award, he should split it with Thornton immediatly. He had 7 goals in 24 games before Thornton arrived and 49 goals in 58 games afterwards.

Wonder how Boston is feeling about that right now? Geez, talk about a mad dash to wrap those up. I thought for sure it was going to be Jagr for the Art Ross.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:43 PM   #2272
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Wonder how Boston is feeling about that right now?
That has to be the most one-sided NHL trade since the Habs sent Patrick Roy to Colorado (along with Mike Keane) for Jocelyn Thibault, Andrei Kovalenko and Martin Rucinsky. It'll look even worse if Marco Sturm ends up back in San Jose this summer as has been rumored.

To think that now former Bruins GM Mike O'Connell said, at the time of the trade, that Thornton wasn't a top 10 player in the NHL.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #2273
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
That has to be the most one-sided NHL trade since the Habs sent Patrick Roy to Colorado (along with Mike Keane) for Jocelyn Thibault, Andrei Kovalenko and Martin Rucinsky. It'll look even worse if Marco Sturm ends up back in San Jose this summer as has been rumored.

To think that now former Bruins GM Mike O'Connell said, at the time of the trade, that Thornton wasn't a top 10 player in the NHL.
Really? Sturm is rumored to be headed back, possibly? Ooooo, this is just getting worse and worse for Beantown.

I probably wouldn't go out alone at night if I was O'Connell.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 AM   #2274
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Ottawa over Tampa in 5
Carolina over Montreal in 5
New Jersey over New York in 5
Buffalo over Phily in 7

Detroit over Edmonton in 4
Dallas over Colorado in 6
Anaheim over Calgary in 7
San Jose over Nashville in 6

How can we make this a point system to see who comes the closest to perfection?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:52 AM   #2275
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

24's First Round Picks

(1) Ottawa 4
(8) Tampa Bay 1

(2) Carolina 4
(7) Montreal 2

(3) New Jersey 3
(6) New York 4

(4) Buffalo 4
(5) Philadelphia 2

(1) Detroit 4
(8) Edmonton 3

(2) Dallas 4
(7) Colorado 1

(3) Calgary 4
(6) Anaheim 2

(4) Nashville 0
(5) San Jose 4


Detroit typically sucks in the first round, Calgary is too physical for the quacks, San Jose is going to tear up the predators.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Denver Broncos