The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #201
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Isles win at the 9th shooter in the shootout. Dammit we had 6 chances to win it in the damn shootout.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #202
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Fun to watch that's for sure...
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #203
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Isles win at the 9th shooter in the shootout. Dammit we had 6 chances to win it in the damn shootout.
Wow, I didn't know it went that deep into the shootout. Who were the goalies?
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:27 PM   #204
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Wow, I didn't know it went that deep into the shootout. Who were the goalies?
Thibeault and DiPietro.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:43 PM   #205
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Yeah, I'd agree more with you Hogan, if Forsberg had ever played for Philly, but he didn't. So it wasn't like you were missing out on something. They never even knew what having the 'something' was like....until now.
I beg to differ. Forsberg's accomplishments far outweigh what that stiff Lindros ever brought to the Flyers.....one can't help to think what might have been if that deal was never made in the first place.

That's missing out big time.....kinda like dealing an unknown Randy Johnson for half a year of Mark Langston. When a front office doesn't recognize what they have when they deal a player and then that player goes on to do great things....fans tend not to get over it, even after 14 years.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #206
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF
Another point being missed is that this is a Denver sports message board dominately, so you're a minority dealing with a bunch of Avs fans.
Yeah, so?

Quote:
If this was a Philadelphia site for the Eagles or Phillies, and there were a lot of Flyers fans there, then yes you can talk about how Forsberg being in an Avs uniform is touting it in your face, but get real, you and Philly are the only 2 fans of the Flyers here against an arsenol of Avalanche fans.

Theres plenty of other Flyers players on that team, but it's Forsberg in the avatar, and were not supposed to think that it's a jab back at us?
1) I can talk about Forsberg anytime and anywhere I choose.

2) Philly & I are hardly the only two Flyers fans on this site....there are many more here than just us two.

3) I don't have a Forsberg avatar so I can't say if Philly's or dbroncos31's is a direct jab at Av's fans or not. I can say if I had one, it wouldn't be intended as a jab to Av's fans but a kudos to a great player on the team I support......and if that bothers other fans, well...their preceptions are hardly my problem.

Last edited by Hogan11; 11-14-2005 at 11:16 PM..
Old 11-14-2005, 10:57 PM   #207
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
...and if they didnt get a stud in Eric Lindros back from us, it's not like it was a big blunder of a move by the Philly front office by trading Forsberg to Quebec for a career back up or anything.
You've got to be kidding.

Quote:
Lindros was a great player and did a lot for that franchise.
Like what?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:37 AM   #208
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Hogan, you are assuming that the flyers would have won a cup WITH forsberg.

You also forget the avs teams were stacked, HOF goalie, tons of talent - and good coaching.

The flyers helped to screw lindros when it came to his injuries - lindros when healthy was an AMAZING guy - he was a great offensive threat + had the ability to play very physical.

Then Kasperitis knocked him out, then Scott Stevens finished the job.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:25 AM   #209
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Jesus Christ Breck. Are you telling me that my sole intention for the avatar is to rub it in Av's fans faces? Get real bro.

tell you what, I hate Miami so..... Take your avatar down and I will switch my avatar.
Also, Chad Johnson torched us last time out so.... Fade's avatar pisses me off. If he takes his avatar down (a Bengal on a Bronco site), I'll take mine down.
MT has a green snow mobile up. The Egirls are green so I hate that avatar as well. Her avatar must come down as well.

Sounds petty doesn't it? My setiments exactly!

If you can't handle my avatar, put me on ignore!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:25 AM   #210
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
Hogan, you are assuming that the flyers would have won a cup WITH forsberg.

You also forget the avs teams were stacked, HOF goalie, tons of talent - and good coaching.

The flyers helped to screw lindros when it came to his injuries - lindros when healthy was an AMAZING guy - he was a great offensive threat + had the ability to play very physical.

Then Kasperitis knocked him out, then Scott Stevens finished the job.

They parayed that trade for Lindros to get that HOF goalie.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:28 AM   #211
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
They parayed that trade for Lindros to get that HOF goalie.

Well then they out 'did' you, didn't they?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:37 AM   #212
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Mention relocation or attendance issues in the NHL and the reflex for many is to rattle off teams in the Sunbelt as ones that are prime candidates to be rolled up and sent somewhere else like an old carpet.

The issue percolated again this week, when officials representing a new downtown arena in Kansas City, a group that includes Los Angeles Kings president Tim Leiweke, reiterated their desire to have an NHL team as their anchor tenant.

Specifically, Anschutz Entertainment Group would like to have Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins come to Kansas City when their new building opens in fall 2007. The Penguins play in the NHL's oldest building, the Mellon Arena, and the team has been embroiled in a lengthy battle with city and state officials over funding for a new arena that will be crucial to the team's future in Pittsburgh.

If the Penguins don't have a new arena in the offing when their lease ends at the end of the 2006-07 season, they'll be gone. Where they might end up will make for hours of debate -- another American, non-hockey market like Kansas City or a return to a hockey hotbed like Winnipeg, which has a new arena. But the topic leads to a broader discussion of franchise health and which teams can be expected to make it in the new NHL and which should start packing up.

Critics quickly toss out Atlanta, Nashville and Carolina as teams that ought to get the heave-ho. Yet early into this season, those teams have regularly outdrawn teams in so-called hockey markets like Chicago, Long Island, New Jersey and Buffalo.

The Islanders have been angling for a new arena to replace what many consider the worst rink on the circuit, the Nassau Veterans' Memorial Coliseum. And the Devils' new arena in Newark has been the subject of vigorous debate in New York state. But if the Islanders organization can't get its arena business in order, is that group any more deserving of a team than the Carolina Hurricanes'?

The Isles, winners of four straight Cups from 1980 to 1983, have averaged 12,948 through their first eight home games. They have one sellout and couldn't manage to sell out against the crosstown rival Rangers.

The Devils, winners of three Stanley Cups since 1995, have failed to sell out a single home game.

In Buffalo, the Sabres are averaging 15,711 through nine home games and boast two sellouts (against Montreal and Toronto), along with an embarrassing announced crowd of 8,552 against Washington.

And then there's Original Six member Chicago, which has one sellout and three home dates with fewer than 13,000 in attendance.

In three Southern markets, history has shown attendance jumps with the start of the holiday season and the end of the college football and NFL seasons. Through eight home games, the Hurricanes are averaging 14,934 with one sellout and the Thrashers have averaged 14,025 with one sellout. The Predators are averaging 14,261 with two sellouts through nine.

If we assume that "real" hockey towns would have embraced the new NHL instantly, as has been the case in Philadelphia, Detroit and all of the Canadian markets, then maybe we've misjudged the standing of the game in markets like Long Island, New Jersey and Buffalo. Or perhaps we've unfairly besmirched hockey fans in places like Carolina, Atlanta and Nashville.

-- Scott Burnside

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2223552
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #213
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I think that Pitt will get the arena - although mario was mad that they didn't get the slots license yet -
Old 11-15-2005, 11:50 AM   #214
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Jesus Christ Breck. Are you telling me that my sole intention for the avatar is to rub it in Av's fans faces? Get real bro.

tell you what, I hate Miami so..... Take your avatar down and I will switch my avatar.
Also, Chad Johnson torched us last time out so.... Fade's avatar pisses me off. If he takes his avatar down (a Bengal on a Bronco site), I'll take mine down.
MT has a green snow mobile up. The Egirls are green so I hate that avatar as well. Her avatar must come down as well.

Sounds petty doesn't it? My setiments exactly!

I do appreciate the new suggested name. Jesus Christ Breck just might have to be my new handle.

I guess the entire argument hasn't been understood and I'm done talking about it.

I can handle your avatar, that was never in question.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:51 PM   #215
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
If he won't, then I will.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:53 PM   #216
FADERPROOF

Flyers fans = USC of the NHL.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #217
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
If he won't, then I will.
You just wanna keep stirring the pot.

Quote:
Flyers fans = USC of the NHL.
Whatever.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #218
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Avery slinging snot

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143159&hubname=nhl

TSN.ca Staff with Sportsticker/ESPN files

11/15/2005 12:44:07 PM

Los Angeles Kings forward Sean Avery has once again voiced his displeasure, lashing out at the NHL and suggesting the league is targeting him.

The league fined Avery $1,000 for diving during a game on Nov. 3, an infraction that was not called during the game.

"How can a guy sitting in an office in New York determine if you dived or not by watching a tape?" Avery told the Los Angeles Times. "They don't know if you had a bad ankle or torn bursa sac or something. I can't even tell you what play they are talking about. They don't have to tell you a play, just what game they are looking at."

According to the Times, Avery received a warning after he took a diving penalty in a game on Oct. 19.

"No question that this is a way to do something to me," Avery told the paper. "It has nothing to do with diving. How can (director of hockey operations) Colin Campbell, or whoever it is, sit at a desk and make that call? They should send the tape to all seven members of the competition committee and let them look at it."

The comments are just the latest in a string of controversial remarks by Avery, who told a Toronto sports radio The Fan 590 that league contraction would be good if European players were the ones who lost jobs.

"I think they can eliminate a lot of Europeans who are mediocre and are taking a lot of jobs," Avery told the station.

In an interview with TSN before the start of the season, Avery was quick to slam French-Canadian players after Denis Gauthier of the Phoenix Coyotes delivered a check in Sunday's preseason game that left Kings teammate Jeremy Roenick with the 11th documented concussion of his career.

"I think it was a clean hit," Avery told TSN. "I think it was typical of most French guys in our league with a visor on, running around and playing tough and not back anything up."

Avery later apologized for the comment, and the league didn't discipline him. NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly released a statement, calling Avery's remarks "insensitive" and added that "similar misconduct in the future would result in the imposition of league discipline."

The league could not yet be reached for comment on Avery's latest comments.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #219
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens
Wow, a relocation article that doesn't mention the Caps. I'm guessing they just slipped his mind.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #220
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Mark your calendar boys and girls. November 23rd!!!
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #221
Jori
US Olympian

Sergei Fedorov traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Tyler Wright and Francois Beauchemin. The Blue Jackets also receive a 2006 6th round pick from the Ducks.

Holy salary dump Batman!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143183&hubname=
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:52 PM   #222
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
You just wanna keep stirring the pot.

Whatever.
stirring the pot?

Sorry, but you're not going to fool me into thinking that Philly didnt even think about how Colorado fans would react here if he put up a Forsberg avatar, I might be young but I'm not that naive.

You have plenty of other Flyers to chose from, but it's Peter Forsberg, and that thought never crossed his mind about how it could get under our skin? You'd have to really think we are dumb to believe that he's just using that avatar because Forsberg happens to be a Flyers player that is doing well for the team.

Was it the full intentions? Maybe not, but there is a an intention to rub it back in our faces here.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:55 PM   #223
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Yeah, so?

Yeah, so?

Because if this were a Detroit message board, no one would give a ****!

If it were an Anaheim message board, no one would give a ****!

If it were a Dallas message board, no one would give a ****!

But it's not, it's a Denver message board with a lot of Avs fans that just lost a fan favorite and great player to your team, so that is why people give a **** around here.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #224
FADERPROOF

Quote:
Fade's avatar pisses me off. If he takes his avatar down (a Bengal on a Bronco site), I'll take mine down.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:12 PM   #225
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Sergei Fedorov traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Tyler Wright and Francois Beauchemin. The Blue Jackets also receive a 2006 6th round pick from the Ducks.

Holy salary dump Batman!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143183&hubname=
It was just a matter of time. Fedorov got, what is considered now under the salary cap age, a bad contract from the Ducks. Then there's the matter of the possible bad feelings between the two after Cryin' Brian Burke didn't exactly get on well with Sergei's brother Fedor when both were with Vancouver.

Nash-Fedorov-Zherdev aint a bad top line at all when they're actually healthy.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote