The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2006, 10:12 PM   #2176
Jori
US Olympian

Avs played well tonight; Kiprusoff was phenominal. If I'm the Avs, avoiding Detroit and Calgary in the first round is a must. I can't see them finishing 5th, I think 7th is their likely finish. I think the Avs could stretch a series with Dallas to six games.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #2177
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

The Avs & Oilers have both clinched playoff spots thanks to Vancouver's 5-3 loss to San Jose tonight. The Canchokes are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Have a nice offseason you ****ing jerkoffs.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #2178
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
The Avs & Oilers have both clinched playoff spots thanks to Vancouver's 5-3 loss to San Jose tonight. The Canchokes are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

And Matt Carle scores the game winning goal....gotta love it!
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #2179
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
This is pretty funny...

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Kings' frustration over their slide out of the playoff race became palpable Friday when Sean Avery had a heated verbal exchange with commentator Brian Hayward in the dressing room.

Hayward calls games for the Mighty Ducks. He criticized Avery during Tuesday's broadcast and accused hiim of running away from a confrontation with the Ducks' Todd Fedoruk.

Hayward visited the locker room to do prep work. Upon seeing Hayward, Avery unleashed a profanity-laced tirade. "You're an embarrassment", Avery said.

Hayward, a former NHL goalie, responded, "You want to see an embarrassment? Look in the mirror, Sean."

Avery said, "You're the reason the league doesn't have a national television deal. You're a (terrible) announcer and you were a (terrible) player." Hayward responded, "How would you know? When I played, you were in your third year of eighth grade."
Avery is a dumbass, Terrell Owens of the NHL if you ask me.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:20 PM   #2180
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Here one nuck post i found funny....

04-13-2006, 10:05 PM · #302
Comus
lol@thecanucks

Somebody hold me.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #2181
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Brampton's season ended tonight, so Wojtek Wolski is now eligible to be called up by the Avs. Whether they will or not is unknown, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

I know they'll lose a year of service on his contract, but I don't see the big deal. He won't be a UFA in two years, so why not bring him up and put him out there on a line with Tanguay?
Old 04-13-2006, 11:24 PM   #2182
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
And Matt Carle scores the game winning goal....gotta love it!
It is what it is.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:20 AM   #2183
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.....

That being said the "Dave Taylor should be fired" train is picking up steam and I think he will be gone after the playoffs are over. Roenick isnt coming back, Luc retired. Im not sure if Avery is sticking around, but I do know we have lots of cap space to get a freaking goalie like LUONGO! I dont know how many times i gotta say it! Maybe we could get Gaborik (sp?) from the Wild even though he is a restricted FA. Anyway playoffs are around the corner and I cant wait to see some great hockey being played.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:29 AM   #2184
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Damn, the Avs didn't waste any time.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_3709141

Avalanche fans can expect to see the team's top prospect, Wojtek Wolski, on the ice in the NHL playoffs.

The team plans to recall Wolski for the postseason now that Brampton of the Ontario Hockey League has been eliminated from the playoffs. Brampton was ousted in the Eastern Conference semifinals by Barrie on Thursday night.

Wolski cannot play for the Avs in either of their last two regular-season games because his nearly $1 million NHL salary would put Colorado over the $39 million salary cap.

It is unusual for junior players to be recalled only for the NHL playoffs, but the Avs could use another good offensive player for the postseason. Wolski is likely to win most valuable player honors in the OHL this season. The left wing had 128 points (47 goals) in 56 games for Brampton. He was the league's player of the month four consecutive months.

Wolski, 20, scored six points in nine games for Colorado in October before being sent to Brampton. The Avalanche will not have to pay Wolski any salary for playing in the postseason.

Nice.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:46 AM   #2185
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Awwwww.. is po' widdle Cwawfowd gonna get that Toronto gig now? Is Tawd gonna head south and be comforted by Bwian?
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #2186
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Awwwww.. is po' widdle Cwawfowd gonna get that Toronto gig now? Is Tawd gonna head south and be comforted by Bwian?
tred i sense a little bit of anomosity there.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #2187
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Colorado eagles update:

http://centralhockeyleague.com/news/?id=9933

The reigning Central Hockey League champion Colorado Eagles still have an opportunity to defend their President’s Cup Trophy, following a 6-2 home win Wednesday night in a do or die seventh game against the upstart Oklahoma City Blazers. After a narrow 5-4 loss in Oklahoma on Tuesday, both clubs journeyed the 700 plus miles to finally decide a series winner, and in the end, the Eagles superior talent won out over the Blazers unmatched effort.

Live CHL Playoff Scoreboard
CHL Playoff Bracket
The CHL Playoffs on CHLTV.com

A power play goal by Chris Hartsburg opened the scoring just over 3:00 minutes into the opening period, and Lee Arnold doubled Colorado’s lead midway through the period. Oklahoma City sniper Garrett Prosofsky got the Blazers within a goal with a beautiful move and a wicked shot late in the frame, but a second period goal by Riley Nelson, again on the power play, regained the two goal advantage for the Eagles. The lead was quickly extended to three in the final frame on Scott Polaski’s goal 58 seconds in, then matched by Prosofsky’s second of the game just 18 seconds later.

Down by two and with the Blazers pressing offensively, Colorado’s Greg Pankewicz scored perhaps the prettiest goal of the season, flipping the puck to himself on a one on one situation and somehow managing to shoot and score from a horizontal position while being dragged down. Polaski would add an empty netter for Colorado with 28 ticks remaining. The Blazers can hold their heads high after taking Colorado the distance and much further than anyone outside their locker room expected. The Eagles, meanwhile, will recuperate from the grueling seven game series and regroup for a Northern Conference Finals series against well rested Bossier-Shreveport, beginning Tuesday at the Budweiser Events Center.

Northern Conference Finals
Playoff Series E – Colorado (1) vs Bossier-Shreveport (2)
Series Tied 0-0

GM 1, Tue, 4-18, @ Colorado (7:05 PM)
GM 2, Wed, 4-19, @ Colorado (7:05 PM)
GM 3, Fri, 4-21, @ Bossier-Shreveport (7:05 PM)
GM 4, Sat, 4-22, @ Bossier-Shreveport (7:05 PM)
GM 5*, Mon, 4-24, @ Bossier-Shreveport (7:05 PM)
GM 6*, Wed, 4-26, @ Colorado (7:05 PM)
GM 7*, Thu, 4-27, @ Colorado (7:05 PM)
*If Necessary
Old 04-14-2006, 01:11 PM   #2188
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:

I hear Crawford can still get his old job back:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_marc_behind_counter_b.jpg (114.7 KB, 43 views)
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #2189
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Avery is a dumbass, Terrell Owens of the NHL if you ask me.
No. Owens actually has talent.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:05 PM   #2190
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
No. Owens actually has talent.
I disagree, Avery has talent. Thing is TO has put up the numbers where Avery hasnt.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #2191
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
I disagree, Avery has talent. Thing is TO has put up the numbers where Avery hasnt.

Last edited by bronco militia; 06-12-2008 at 12:46 PM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:23 PM   #2192
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Ok. So in what field is Avery talented? It's certainly not hockey. Being a human punching bag? Landscaping perhaps?
Old 04-14-2006, 03:30 PM   #2193
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Ok. So in what field is Avery talented? It's certainly not hockey. Being a human punching bag? Landscaping perhaps?
I dont have his scouting report here since im at work but tell me this, if he isnt talented why was he picked in the first round by the red wings
Old 04-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #2194
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Finally, http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=162589&hubname=

1 more to go.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #2195
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
I dont have his scouting report here since im at work but tell me this, if he isnt talented why was he picked in the first round by the red wings
Because even the Red Wings miss once in awhile. It didn't take them long to get his punk ass out of Detroit either...now did it?

He won't be in the league much longer unless he cleans up his act. 39 points and 257 PIM's...He's an idiot. So far the highlight of his career was getting Forsberg to fight in a pre season game...at least he won that one.

Truth be told...I'd be fine if he stays with the Kings forever. He's worth at least one power play a game...for the opposition.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:20 PM   #2196
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
In 1994 the then Nordiques picked Wade Belak in the 1st round. They then picked Chris Drury in the 3rd and Milan Hejduk in the 4th.

The draft is a crap shoot.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #2197
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Nice Ovechkin article from the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041201900.html

An equipment company recently threw a lavish news conference to introduce a new line of sticks and skates endorsed by Washington Capitals rookie Alex Ovechkin. Hordes of media members gather around him after every game. Autograph seekers loiter near the players' entrance at visiting arenas, sometimes for hours, hoping he'll stop.

Ovechkin gets the star treatment everywhere he goes -- except in the locker room, where, despite his pursuit of 50 goals and growing celebrity, his teammates say he's still just "another one of the guys."

An episode during yesterday's practice backed up that sentiment. Toward the end of the session, veteran goaltender Olie Kolzig ripped off Ovechkin's helmet, put it on his own head and began mocking the way Ovechkin bounces up and down as he skates.

Ovechkin responded by putting on Kolzig's mask and mimicking one of the goaltender's stick-banging temper tantrums. The players -- and the smattering of fans in the stands -- cracked up with laughter.

"That's what makes Alex so special, the way he interacts with everyone," Kolzig said later. "He's just another one of the guys."

Except for when he's on the ice, of course. There's nothing ordinary about the season Ovechkin is having or the plateau the 20-year-old left wing will be chasing tonight at Philips Arena in Atlanta.

Ovechkin could become only the second rookie to record 50 goals and 100 points in a season by scoring once against the Thrashers. He has 49 goals and 100 points with four games remaining.

"It's too bad I can't be first," Ovechkin joked, referring to Teemu Selanne's 76 goals and 132 points in 1992-93. "I will try to score 50 goals. My father tells me it will be history, it is forever. I want to be part of NHL history. It will be very nice."

Ovechkin's disposition contrasts sharply with that of Washington's last superstar, Jaromir Jagr, who was prone to sulking and occasionally was standoffish toward some of his teammates and coaches. Ovechkin, some players and team employees have said privately, is the anti-Jagr.

"He's a normal guy with superstar status," center Dainius Zubrus said. "He's a very likable guy and that's why everyone in here is so happy for him. Look at what happened with the shaving cream the other day."

Zubrus was referring to the shaving cream pie shoved in Ovechkin's face by veteran Jeff Halpern on Monday in Boston. Ovechkin, who had just recorded his 49th goal and 100th point, was doing a television interview when Halpern sneaked up on him. No one laughed harder than Ovechkin.

Although he's on the doorstep of a major milestone, is the team's most popular player among fans and routinely is featured on television highlight shows, Ovechkin has managed to remain grounded. Left wing Matt Pettinger said he admires that.

"He could come in here say, 'Hey, I'm Alex Ovechkin, I've played in the Olympics, I've scored 49 goals, I've done all this at 20 years old,' " Pettinger said. "But he doesn't. He treats everyone the same, from [owner Ted Leonsis] on down. He's just down-to-earth."

Coach Glen Hanlon, a former NHL goaltender, said Ovechkin's teammates have embraced him not because of what he does on the ice, but the way he carries himself off it.

"When you are in your rookie year you have to be respectful," Hanlon said. "There's not one person who is in this room on a daily basis who doesn't appreciate how respectful he is of the game, of the history and the players.

"There are some rookie players who are great players, who have been great players all of their lives, and when someone gets called up from the minors, they hardly even know their names," Hanlon added. "Whereas Ovechkin is buddies with him. They are on the bench talking. It's not like he's a prima donna."

The attention Ovechkin receives only figures to intensify if he equals Selanne and if, as expected, he wins the Calder Trophy as the league's top rookie.

"Hopefully when he's 30, he'll be the same way," Pettinger said. "I'm pretty sure he will."
Old 04-14-2006, 09:36 PM   #2198
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
In 1994 the then Nordiques picked Wade Belak in the 1st round. They then picked Chris Drury in the 3rd and Milan Hejduk in the 4th.

The draft is a crap shoot.
Dude...I remember when the Avs traded Belak for Whiskey Fleury, but I did not know that he was a number one pick.

It follows the whole hobey baker thing...some of them turned out to be good players, but then again...Robb f***ing "Blue line" Stauber won it...

f*** Avery, and f*** anyone who likes the way he plays...they like all texans deserve whatever they get.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:55 PM   #2199
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Even though we lost, this was like a big fat ice cream sundae.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #2200
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Because even the Red Wings miss once in awhile. It didn't take them long to get his punk ass out of Detroit either...now did it?

He won't be in the league much longer unless he cleans up his act. 39 points and 257 PIM's...He's an idiot. So far the highlight of his career was getting Forsberg to fight in a pre season game...at least he won that one.

Truth be told...I'd be fine if he stays with the Kings forever. He's worth at least one power play a game...for the opposition.
He will be a nice crowd draw in the minors next season OR some NHL team will pick him up and the process repeats.