The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #176
Jori
US Olympian

Bertuzzi with a hat trick against the Red Wings
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:05 AM   #177
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF
That Miami player wasnt a big fan favorite on a Colorado team before jumping ship to the Canes.
Thank you, FADE.

You can have all the Flyers stuff you want in your avatar, that's cool; it's the Forsberg stuff that seems taunting on site where the majority of people root for the Avalanche.

Foppa was voted Denver's most popular athlete by fans in a 2003 Denver Post survey; not just for hockey players but all of Denver's pro and college athletes.

I was happy when we traded for Bourque in 2000, but I wouldn't have gloated about it so much on a Red Sox message board (if I were a fan of the Sox, mind you).
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:15 AM   #178
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF
That Miami player wasnt a big fan favorite on a Colorado team before jumping ship to the Canes.
Yes, thats correct.

It would be like me going to BuckNuts.com and having MoC in my avatar.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 AM   #179
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
We know the Flyers can't do squat against the Sens (especially in the playoffs).
Sun. October 30 Philadelphia 5 Ottawa 3

As you were saying?
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:37 AM   #180
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
Everyone who knows me, know's I am a Flyer fan. I'm just excited about having Forsberg back on the Flyers. That's all.
The point being missed here is stated above.

How do you think Philly felt seeing Foresberg in an Av's uni touted in his face year after year on these message boards?

It works both ways, so spare me this thin skin stuff.

Last edited by Hogan11; 11-14-2005 at 06:55 AM..
Old 11-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #181
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Actually i think the MTL are the team to beat in the east. Not to mention Car -

It's so early in the season - my pens are a bit bad this year - but considering they were the 'worst' team in the NHL the last time there was a season - i sort of expect to see this now and then.

However saying that crosby is the ONLY person we have is a bit uneducated, and thus shows the lack of knowledge that philly fans (in particular) really know about hockey, or young hockey players. They got some young D guys that have some serious potential - and wReckin' ball is playing well this year, not to mention we have some good young talent like Ryan malone that really come up with clutch goals. It's a young team. The problem with the pens is too many offensive defensman who are soft (tarnstrom, jackman, gonchar) - and not enough grit and defensive ability. I think the goal tending is a bit soft - but we got two young guys in net that have good longterm upside (caron & fluery) - Tbone is less than desirable IMO.

For the last 10 years, the flyers have had one of the top teams in terms of talent on their roster, and each year, they can't seal the deal.Their best player IMO is D - Pikonen - Guy is probably the most vital cog for D and for special teams.

Last edited by alkemical; 11-14-2005 at 11:00 AM..
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #182
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Bertuzzi with a hat trick against the Red Wings
Yeah, we don't have anyone that can lean on him. As i said, we don't matchup well against them.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:36 PM   #183
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Sun. October 30 Philadelphia 5 Ottawa 3

As you were saying?
The Flyers can't do it when it matters most.

If you want to bring up history then say so because you know the Flyers and JR were the biggest chokes.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:49 PM   #184
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
The Flyers can't do it when it matters most.

If you want to bring up history then say so because you know the Flyers and JR were the biggest chokes.
History? We're talking three weeks ago...you were the one who said the Flyers "can't match up" and "can't do squat" against the Sens and yet.....in their lone meeting thus far, the Flyers beat the Sens 5-3 on Ottawa's home ice. Now it all changes to "The Flyers can't do it when it matters most"......well, we were talking this season until that game was remembered, weren't we?

Yeah, that's what I thought.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:52 PM   #185
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
However saying that crosby is the ONLY person we have is a bit uneducated, and thus shows the lack of knowledge that philly fans (in particular) really know about hockey, or young hockey players.
That was just me who said that Josh and I admit, I was trying to mess with the Pen lovefest by stating that.....my apologies.

Of course they have more than Crosby....they have a couple of old Flyers in Recchi and LeClair as well.......and that's about it
Old 11-14-2005, 02:55 PM   #186
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
That was just me who said that Josh and I admit, I was trying to mess with the Pen lovefest by stating that.....my apologies.

Of course they have more than Crosby....they have a couple of old Flyers in Recchi and LeClair as well.......and that's about it

Well Considering that Recchi came BACK to pitt.....

Leclair i thought was a good signing just for locker room stuff -

but watch out for orpik & whitney on the pens blue line - and malone - also wait till we get Malkin in the pens uni -
Old 11-14-2005, 03:05 PM   #187
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Well Considering that Recchi came BACK to pitt.....
Touche.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #188
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Touche.

You know he got his name on the cup in Pitt too, right?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #189
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
You know he got his name on the cup in Pitt too, right?
Yeah so? 1991-92 was a very long time ago....it illustrates Recchi's age more than anything else now.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #190
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Yeah so? 1991-92 was a very long time ago....it illustrates Recchi's age more than anything else now.
It illustrates that the last time there was hockey he was the flyers leading scorer -
Old 11-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #191
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:

How do you think Philly felt seeing Foresberg in an Av's uni touted in his face year after year on these message boards?

Lol, that trade happened 14 years ago and at least the Flyers got some great years from Lindros. Foppa never played in Philly. Give me a break on a point being missed, if it's that garbage.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #192
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Lol, that trade happened 14 years ago and at least the Flyers got some great years from Lindros. Foppa never played in Philly. Give me a break on a point being missed, if it's that garbage.
What? A fan can't be displeased by a bad front office move? Yeah it was 14 years ago, but so what? Foresberg had a lot more great years (plus a Cup) in Colorado than Philly had good years with Lindros as a result. You're telling me that Philly fans have no right to have been upset by that or be glad that Foresberg has returned to Philly? Get real.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #193
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
What? A fan can't be displeased by a bad front office move? Yeah it was 14 years ago, but so what? Foresberg had a lot more great years (plus a Cup) in Colorado than Philly had good years with Lindros as a result. You're telling me that Philly fans have no right to have been upset by that or be glad that Foresberg has returned to Philly? Get real.
First, it's Forsberg. Second, it's two Cups.

The whole pointless argument is that we're just getting over the shock of losing Forsberg 3 months ago and I don't like seeing it plastered on a message board of a Denver team. It has nothing to do with what team he went to or was drafted by. If he signed with Pittsburgh and SoCal had him on his avatar I'd still be pissed.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #194
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Yeah, I'd agree more with you Hogan, if Forsberg had ever played for Philly, but he didn't. So it wasn't like you were missing out on something. They never even knew what having the 'something' was like....until now.

I can choose to have thin skin over it if I want to. I was asked about why I had the hatred now, and I explained. So if that makes me thin skinned, so be it.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #195
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:

Another point being missed is that this is a Denver sports message board dominately, so you're a minority dealing with a bunch of Avs fans.

If this was a Philadelphia site for the Eagles or Phillies, and there were a lot of Flyers fans there, then yes you can talk about how Forsberg being in an Avs uniform is touting it in your face, but get real, you and Philly are the only 2 fans of the Flyers here against an arsenol of Avalanche fans.

Theres plenty of other Flyers players on that team, but it's Forsberg in the avatar, and were not supposed to think that it's a jab back at us?
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:57 PM   #196
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Yeah, I'd agree more with you Hogan, if Forsberg had ever played for Philly, but he didn't. So it wasn't like you were missing out on something. They never even knew what having the 'something' was like....until now.
...and if they didnt get a stud in Eric Lindros back from us, it's not like it was a big blunder of a move by the Philly front office by trading Forsberg to Quebec for a career back up or anything, Lindros was a great player and did a lot for that franchise.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:04 PM   #197
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Actually i think the MTL are the team to beat in the east. Not to mention Car -

It's so early in the season - my pens are a bit bad this year - but considering they were the 'worst' team in the NHL the last time there was a season - i sort of expect to see this now and then.

However saying that crosby is the ONLY person we have is a bit uneducated, and thus shows the lack of knowledge that philly fans (in particular) really know about hockey, or young hockey players. They got some young D guys that have some serious potential - and wReckin' ball is playing well this year, not to mention we have some good young talent like Ryan malone that really come up with clutch goals. It's a young team. The problem with the pens is too many offensive defensman who are soft (tarnstrom, jackman, gonchar) - and not enough grit and defensive ability. I think the goal tending is a bit soft - but we got two young guys in net that have good longterm upside (caron & fluery) - Tbone is less than desirable IMO.

For the last 10 years, the flyers have had one of the top teams in terms of talent on their roster, and each year, they can't seal the deal.Their best player IMO is D - Pikonen - Guy is probably the most vital cog for D and for special teams.
We're one period from going back to being 4 games under .500. Theyve played like **** the last 1 2/3 games. Very pathetic.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:49 PM   #198
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

This is very exciting. Great OT period and a great 3rd period rally to tie it with goals by Crosby and Christensen.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #199
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Shootout time.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:58 PM   #200
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

shootout tied 2-2 after 3 a piece. Sudden death shootouts now.