The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2006, 02:16 PM   #1926
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
do you think cb24 is now coming back feeling good after his kings just posted two wins by shutouts? He better come in b4 tomorrow's game when reality check (into the boards) meets his team. Ducks high powered offense versus his defensive dominance lately. Ducks score 4 Kings 2. Selanne/McDonald each with two points. BTW: Selanne is comeback player of the year IMHO but isnt everyone since there was no hockey last year?
Well, my prediction was right on until the last 11 seconds of the game when Ducks hit an open netter and then somehow score another 10 seconds later with the goalie in the crease. Ducks are 2 points from the Predators. Avs and Ducks both want a piece of Kariya. Go San Jose!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #1927
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
today's topic:

marc andre-fluery's bright ass yellow pads

The shooters certainly know where he is at all times.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #1928
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
The shooters certainly know where he is at all times.

i laugh everytime i see them, i think he's trying to blind people

he plays tonight v brodeur
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #1929
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
i laugh everytime i see them, i think he's trying to blind people

he plays tonight v brodeur

Hey if it works! They are some bright muthas. Someone in NY has some equally bright orange ones too. Not sure if it's DiPietro.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #1930
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Hey if it works! They are some bright muthas. Someone in NY has some equally bright orange ones too. Not sure if it's DiPietro.

i think dipetro has some orange ones
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #1931
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Ovechkin picks up an assist for his 97th point of the season. That now gives him a 10 game points streak.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #1932
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Crosby with a goal and assist. 87 points for #87.

Devils lead 5-3 at the 2nd intermission.

Go Canes!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 04-05-2006 at 07:22 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #1933
Disco Man
Style n Profile

Canadiens on FIRE 7 in a row!!!!!!!
Disco Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #1934
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Ovechkin picks up an assist for his 97th point of the season. That now gives him a 10 game points streak.
and he's slumping too. 8 goals in the last two games and all he has is two assists.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #1935
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Avs lose in a penalty festival..............

PS: I hate refs
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:49 PM   #1936
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

It was nice going down to The Can tonight to watch Matt Carle play, even though he didn't get much ice time.

The Avs seem to have run out of gas. Sakic, Blake and Hejduk can only carry you so far when guys like McCormick, May, Hinote and Boughner are your secondary scoring options. Laperriere had a rough game, as did Turgeon. I can't be mad at Lappy with how well he's played for us this season.

For those that watched tonight on TV, how did that puck not go in during the scramble in front of San Jose's net late in the 3rd period? I thought I saw a Shark player close his hand on the puck in the crease, but I didn't get a good look at the replay.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #1937
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

That blew anyway. And of course the Flamers had to win too. Could it get any tighter?

I can already feel my annual Stanley Cup ulcer rearing its ugly head.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #1938
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
It was nice going down to The Can tonight to watch Matt Carle play, even though he didn't get much ice time.

The Avs seem to have run out of gas. Sakic, Blake and Hejduk can only carry you so far when guys like McCormick, May, Hinote and Boughner are your secondary scoring options. Laperriere had a rough game, as did Turgeon. I can't be mad at Lappy with how well he's played for us this season.

For those that watched tonight on TV, how did that puck not go in during the scramble in front of San Jose's net late in the 3rd period? I thought I saw a Shark player close his hand on the puck in the crease, but I didn't get a good look at the replay.
Hey Breck, when you go to Calgary, give me a comparison on their arena compared to the Pepsi Center or other ones if you want. From TV, the Pepsi Center looks very nice. The Saddledome...not so nice. They have the same seats in that place that we had in our cheesy auditorium in high school. You know the ones, they're wood and small and they rock....or maybe they weren't supposed to.

Both my husband and I were just curious as to how it stacks up to others.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #1939
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

This would be cool, no?

Avalanche fans are likely rooting for the Barrie Colts in their OHL playoff against Brampton. If the Battalion are eliminated, that would free up prospect Wojtek Wolski to play for Colorado immediately. The left wing has had a great season in Brampton, with 128 points (47 goals) in 56 games - tops in the league. In six playoff games, Wolski has 12 points. - Denver Post
Old 04-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #1940
anthonypacino
off season mode

When is Jose going to be ready?? Buhda is driving me nuts, everytime they shoot at him I think it's a 60/40 chance it will be a goal. That ding dong off the pipe killed me last night. Sauve lost last night but still had 32 saves, I always thought he was better than Abby.
anthonypacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #1941
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Seriously, you thought he was better than Aebi? Whoa.

With Budaj, I close my eyes if he hasn't made the initial save because rebounds are what get him a LOT. I hear the horn blow a lot while my eyes are closed.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #1942
anthonypacino
off season mode

Quote:
Seriously, you thought he was better than Aebi? Whoa.

With Budaj, I close my eyes if he hasn't made the initial save because rebounds are what get him a LOT. I hear the horn blow a lot while my eyes are closed.
It was close but I thought Sauve had more potentional
anthonypacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:21 PM   #1943
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
This would be cool, no?

Avalanche fans are likely rooting for the Barrie Colts in their OHL playoff against Brampton. If the Battalion are eliminated, that would free up prospect Wojtek Wolski to play for Colorado immediately. The left wing has had a great season in Brampton, with 128 points (47 goals) in 56 games - tops in the league. In six playoff games, Wolski has 12 points. - Denver Post
Apparently there's no way that Wolski is eligible to play for the Avs this season. I can't remember who...but someone explained why earlier on this thread. I believe it has to do with his being a teenager, and being sent down to the juniors. As soon as the Avs sent him down he was done wearing their sweater for the remainder of the season...all inclusive of course.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #1944
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Apparently there's no way that Wolski is eligible to play for the Avs this season. I can't remember who...but someone explained why earlier on this thread. I believe it has to do with his being a teenager, and being sent down to the juniors. As soon as the Avs sent him down he was done wearing their sweater for the remainder of the season...all inclusive of course.

Yeah, I remember that, but I figure if TSN has it from the DP..it must be possible?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #1945
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that, but I figure if TSN has it from the DP..it must be possible?
Perhaps so mt...

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_3677739

Avalanche fans should root hard for the Barrie Colts in the coming days.

The Colts of the Ontario Hockey League play the Brampton Battalion tonight in Game 1 of a semifinal playoff series. If the Colts eliminate Brampton, that would free up the rights for Avalanche prospect Wojtek Wolski to play for Colorado immediately.

Under NHL bylaws, Wolski - the prohibitive favorite to be named MVP of the OHL this season - cannot play for the Avs until his junior season ends. Once the Avs returned Wolski, 19, to Brampton early in the regular season, he wasn't eligible to return to the NHL until his junior season was over.

Wolski could be a potent addition to the Avalanche playoff roster. The left wing has had a great season in Brampton, winning the OHL's player of the month award three straight months at one point. Wolski had six points in nine games for Colorado in October, and 128 points (47 goals) in 56 games for the Battalion - tops in the league.

In six playoff games, Wolski has 12 points. The Avalanche said if Wolski were to play only in the playoffs, his nearly $1 million NHL salary would not count against the salary cap. Teams stop paying player salaries when the regular season ends.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #1946
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Then this is from the Post's Mailbag titled "Wolski Not In the Cards"...written by the same person responsible for the above column. Perhaps there is gray area.

Hey, Adrian. There were some rumors on a few boards that Wojtek Wolski might be able to come back now that his season is over. Any truth to those?
-- Mark, Fairbanks, Alaska

Mark - No, Wolski will NOT be able to play with the Avs, either at the end of the regular season or the playoffs. Because of his age, 19, he is ineligible to play, because the Avs sent him back to junior this year rather than keep him after 10 NHL games. It's a technicality that I'm sure the Avs don't like right now, but they have to live with it.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #1947
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Aha. So we really should be hoping that they lose.

I fee like SoCal and Herc here. ( You know I luv you guys )
Old 04-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #1948
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Another good offensive player would be great if this is true...but I still think the Avs are too weak both defensively and between the pipes to be a serious cup threat.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #1949
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Then this is from the Post's Mailbag titled "Wolski Not In the Cards"...written by the same person responsible for the above column. Perhaps there is gray area.

Hey, Adrian. There were some rumors on a few boards that Wojtek Wolski might be able to come back now that his season is over. Any truth to those?
-- Mark, Fairbanks, Alaska

Mark - No, Wolski will NOT be able to play with the Avs, either at the end of the regular season or the playoffs. Because of his age, 19, he is ineligible to play, because the Avs sent him back to junior this year rather than keep him after 10 NHL games. It's a technicality that I'm sure the Avs don't like right now, but they have to live with it.

Well damnit, who's right? They shouldn't be printing this stuff and gettin hopes up if it's not possible.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #1950
Jori
US Olympian

The article today by Adrian Dater is correct. Dater occasionally posts on the HF boards and was kind enough to post yesterday that he was incorrect about saying Wolski could not be called up.

He just couldn't be called up until his season in the OHL is over (and the fact that he is now 20 years old).

Just to update, Brampton won 4-1 in the opening game of the Eastern Conference semi-finals. Wojo had an assist tonight.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote