The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #1901
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

STL 5 mins away from getting at least a point at MIN.

I'll be furious if they blow it again like their last game against Nashville.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #1902
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

OT, STL gets a point.

Come on Blues, get another
Old 04-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #1903
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

One of the best OT periods ive seen. So many great scoring chances.

Shootout.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #1904
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

MIN wins the shootout. Its ok, one point is better than nothing
Old 04-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #1905
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
One of the best OT periods ive seen. So many great scoring chances.

Shootout.
i have trouble with a team fan that wants his team to lose or do u just want the other crapola teams to do better? They play to wina nd i watch to win!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #1906
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
i have trouble with a team fan that wants his team to lose or do u just want the other crapola teams to do better? They play to wina nd i watch to win!
That's an irrational approach in these circumstances.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #1907
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Avery that big Puss A$$. He starts a fight in the 1st then lets others finish it. Well, Kings got two in the first. I guess by my prediction, no more scoring for them. GO DUCKS! Selanne 1 goal
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #1908
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
MIN wins the shootout. Its ok, one point is better than nothing
Not in your case hoss. Don't you mean that one point is better than two? Isn't zero ideal? You're not sandbagging us are you?
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #1909
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Not in your case hoss. Don't you mean that one point is better than two? Isn't zero ideal? You're not sandbagging us are you?
Zero is definitely NOT ideal (from my perspective for St. Louis).

Im like Herc. Ive been hoping my club finishes dead last (and that the other teams near the cellar, like STL and WSH dont) for months so that we can be assured of at worst the 2nd overall pick.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 04-04-2006 at 09:42 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #1910
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Zero is definitely NOT ideal (from my perspect for St. Louis).

Im like Herc. Ive been hoping my club finishes dead last (and that the other teams near the cellar, like STL and WSH dont) for months so that we can be assured of at worst the 2nd overall pick.
Whoops...I didn't realize you weren't talking about the Pens. Things are clearly still in order in the 'Mane's hockey universe.

Why don't you and Herc throw some of your bad mojo at the Flames, Ducks, Oilers, Cansucks, and pretty much every other team competing for a playoff spot with the Avs. It'd be the decent thing to do.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #1911
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Why don't you and Herc throw some of your bad mojo at the Flames, Ducks, Oilers, Cansucks, and pretty much every other team competing for a playoff spot with the Avs. It'd be the decent thing to do.

Yeah, SoCal...get on that!

Go Kings...for tonight anyway.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #1912
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I find this irritating.

Nashville defenceman Brendan Witt has been suspended one game by the NHL following a questionable hit on Monday night.

The Blue Jackets lost David Vyborny at the 10:05 mark of the first period of Coumbus' game against the Predators after he collided knee-on-knee with Witt.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=161222&hubname=nhl

And then this one:
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Sabres forward Jochen Hecht will be lost for two weeks with a sprained ligament in his left knee following a hit by Toronto's Darcy Tucker in the third period of Buffalo's 3-2 shootout win over the Maple Leafs on Monday night.

And no suspension for Tucker.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=161221&hubname=nhl

Now what the hell happened to constistency here? Witt lays a 'questionable' hit on Vyborny and gets the ax for a game. Tucker ( we all know he has a sterling reputation ) lays a definite knee to knee hit on Hecht and gets nothing.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #1913
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Tucker's a really cheap ass player too. But he plays for toronto so.....
Old 04-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #1914
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Come on now, you know Darcy is the epitome of class.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #1915
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
I find this irritating.

Nashville defenceman Brendan Witt has been suspended one game by the NHL following a questionable hit on Monday night.

The Blue Jackets lost David Vyborny at the 10:05 mark of the first period of Coumbus' game against the Predators after he collided knee-on-knee with Witt.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=161222&hubname=nhl

And then this one:
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Sabres forward Jochen Hecht will be lost for two weeks with a sprained ligament in his left knee following a hit by Toronto's Darcy Tucker in the third period of Buffalo's 3-2 shootout win over the Maple Leafs on Monday night.

And no suspension for Tucker.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=161221&hubname=nhl

Now what the hell happened to constistency here? Witt lays a 'questionable' hit on Vyborny and gets the ax for a game. Tucker ( we all know he has a sterling reputation ) lays a definite knee to knee hit on Hecht and gets nothing.

I guess hartnall ended patrick lalimes season the other night, anybody see it?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #1916
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I didn't see it. I heard he was done for the season, didn't know someone else caused it for him. What happened?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #1917
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Tucker's another one of these punks who the league allows to play as dirty as they want with no consequences. He's right there with Ruutu & Avery.

I saw Ruutu throw a blatant elbow to the head of Corey Perry a few days ago while Perry was on one knee. He got a 2 minute minor for it. Pretty typical.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #1918
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Tucker's another one of these punks who the league allows to play as dirty as they want with no consequences. He's right there with Ruutu & Avery.

I saw Ruutu throw a blatant elbow to the head of Corey Perry a few days ago while Perry was on one knee. He got a 2 minute minor for it. Pretty typical.
Avery is a douche, but he is not even close to being in Tucker or Ruutu's class...Avery is only a notch or two worse than Dan Hinote...he's not nearly as cheap as the two aforementioned...although he's easily the dumbest of the group of four in this paragraph.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:46 AM   #1919
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Theodore takes part in his first full practice with the Avs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2397053

DENVER -- New Avalanche goaltender Jose Theodore participated in his first full practice with the team Tuesday, a key step in his recovery from a broken heel.

Theodore was in full pads and took part in the entire practice, team spokesman Damen Zier said. No estimate has been made on when he will play his first game for Colorado, though the team has said he would be 100 percent for the playoffs.

"He said every day's better than the one before," Zier said.

Theodore was traded by Montreal on March 8 for Avalanche goalie David Aebischer. He has not played since fracturing his right heel while putting salt on the ice outside his Montreal home during the NHL's Olympic break.
-----------------------------------

I'm hoping that he can maybe get his first start near the end of the homestand. 100% healthy or not, he's got to knock the rust off in a hurry and the more regular season games he's got for that the better.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #1920
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I hope you're right, CO. I find it incredibly worrisome that he will just be thrown into the fire when the playoffs start. At least a game or two ought to help a bit.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #1921
Tredici
Ring of Famer

When did Jose go on Injured Reserve? You know, those magical 28 days that made it possible for the Avs to fit him in under the cap?

My guess is he's in net day 29....
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #1922
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

So when is day 29?!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #1923
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Ha. Don't know. I still find the whole thing remarkably "coincidental". I wouldn't say anything like "orchestrated".

Theodore doesn't get his form back and Pierre will be in severe jeopardy of losing his mastermind status. But since everything the guy does seemingly, somehow, works out I only hope this will too.

To be where they are without Forsberg, Foote, Kono, Svatos, Tanguay and Abey is a testament to the strength of the organization. Or maybe parity came instantly to the "new" NHL.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #1924
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default San Jose Sharks vs. Colorado Avalanche

GAME: San Jose Sharks (37-26-11) at Colorado Avalanche (41-26-8).

TIME: Wednesday, 9 p.m. EDT.

The Colorado Avalanche look to extend their home point streak to eight games and continue their push for the Northwest Division title when they face the San Jose Sharks, who are battling just to make the playoffs.

Colorado looked to be on its way to a costly loss Monday before scoring two goals in the final minute to defeat Chicago 4-3 at the Pepsi Center. Rob Blake scored a power-play goal with 58 seconds left Monday and Dan Hinote got the winner with 12 seconds remaining for the Avalanche, who are three points behind Calgary for the Northwest title and the third seed in the Western Conference.

"This was big because we needed these points," said Blake, who scored twice to become the 17th NHL defenseman with 200 goals. "I got a power play at the end and Danny made a strong move down the wall, put the puck to the net and it went in."
Click here to find out more!

Colorado improved to 6-0-1 in its last seven in Denver.

The Avalanche are also battling Anaheim for the fifth spot in the West, and are only three points ahead of eighth-place Vancouver.

The Avs' remaining schedule could be an advantage for them, considering how well they have played at home recently. The Avalanche, who opened a five-game homestand Monday, are 13-2-3 at the Pepsi Center since the start of January.

Colorado's final three games, however, are on the road against Northwest opponents Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton.

Andrew Brunette had a goal and an assist for Colorado on Monday while Joe Sakic added three assists to extend his point streak to 10 games, with eight goals and 12 assists in that span. Sakic is one goal shy of tying Hall of Famer Mike Bossy for 17th place on the career list with 573.

Colorado has lost two straight to San Jose and will try to even the season series at 2-2 in the final meeting between the teams. The Avalanche have won four of their last five home games against the Sharks, outscoring them 16-6.

The Sharks got a badly needed victory Monday night, defeating Dallas 3-2 in overtime. Joe Thornton scored a power-play goal with 20.2 seconds left in the extra period to end a three-game losing streak for San Jose, which is two points out of the final playoff spot.

"Hopefully we can look back and say that's how we got into the playoffs," said Thornton, who scored his first goal since March 9. "We had 20 guys show up tonight. We're hoping we can reel off three or four in a row and keep it rolling."

Thornton has two goals and two assists in two games against the Avalanche this season.

Patrick Marleau added a power-play goal and an assist and Ville Nieminen scored a short-handed goal for the Sharks, who outshot the Stars 34-18.

San Jose's three-game road trip concludes Thursday against the Los Angeles Kings, who are battling Vancouver and the Sharks for the final postseason berth.

STANDINGS: Sharks - 85 points, 3rd place (tied), 18 PB, Pacific Division. Avalanche - 90 points, 2nd place, 3 PB, Northwest Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Sharks - Jonathan Cheechoo, 46 goals; Thornton, 57 assists; Marleau, 82 points; Mark Smith, 93 PIM. Avalanche - Marek Svatos, 32 goals; Sakic, 51 assists and 81 points; Ian Laperriere, 109 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Sharks - Power play: 17.6 percent (78 for 442), 17th in NHL. Penalty killing: 81.2 percent (294 for 362), 21st. Avalanche - Power play: 19.5 percent (85 for 436), 5th. Penalty killing: 83.9 percent (339 for 404), 10th.

GOALTENDERS: Sharks - Evgeni Nabokov (15-18-7, 1 SO, 3.08); Vesa Toskala (17-7-4, 1, 2.72 GAA). Avalanche - Peter Budaj (13-9-6, 2, 2.86); Vitaly Kolesnik (3-3-0, 3.24).

SEASON SERIES: Sharks, 2-1.

LAST MEETING: March 19; Sharks, 6-5. At San Jose, Calif., Alyn McCauley's goal with 4:13 remaining snapped a tie, and Marleau scored twice for the Sharks.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Sharks - 15-18-4 on the road; Avalanche - 23-8-6 at home.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #1925
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

today's topic:

marc andre-fluery's bright ass yellow pads
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote