The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2006, 03:06 PM   #1776
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
Heard the game on the radio and it seemed Sakic was everywhere. Ducks did lose but showed a lot of heart to tie it up twice. Thought they might tie it up one more time with the goalie pulled but no luck. One more road game then 4 at home and taking on the Canucks. Love this run with approximately 10 games to go. Hey Kings, where are you?
right on your trail John, we play Calgary tonight.

Quote:
Though they could miss the playoffs altogether, the Calgary Flames also could very possibly claim the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference. The Los Angeles Kings would be happy with any seed.

The Flames return home from an unsuccessful road trip to face the Kings in a matchup of teams fighting to make the postseason.

Calgary went 2-4-1 on its season-high seven-game trip, capped by 3-2 losses in Columbus on Friday and at Dallas on Sunday.

"We wanted to put a good string together," Flames leading scorer Jarome Iginla said. "We didn't do that. Now it's about winning the next game. It's crunch time. A lot of teams are desperate. This will be a dogfight."

While battling Colorado, Vancouver and Edmonton for the Northwest Division crown - and likely the third seed in the West playoffs - the Flames also are only two points ahead of the eighth and final postseason spot in the conference.

Los Angeles is three points behind the No. 8 spot, standing 10th overall and with virtually no chance to catch Dallas for the Pacific Division crown.

The Kings, looking to make the playoffs for the first time since 2001-02, have split two games since interim coach John Torchetti took over last week after Andy Murray was fired.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/5452720
So looks like Av fans will have to root for Avery and the kings tonight.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #1777
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
So looks like Av fans will have to root for Avery and the kings tonight.
For the 2nd straight game, you guys are the lesser of two evils. Hopefully they give a better showing than they did against Vancouver.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #1778
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
For the 2nd straight game, you guys are the lesser of two evils. Hopefully they give a better showing than they did against Vancouver.
The game against vancouver basically we played really well up to a certain point in the second period, if we can play really well for 60 minutes instead of 25 then we should be in great shape tonight. On the other hand the flames play extremely well at home and it isnt going to be easy.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:02 PM   #1779
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Does anyone know the exact date or time frame Theodore is suppose to start playing?!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:03 PM   #1780
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler
Does anyone know the exact date or time frame Theodore is suppose to start playing?!
Nope nobody does except the coach..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #1781
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

http://hockeyoutsiders.com/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

Detroit, MI - If Mike Illich has any say in it this year, the Motor City Mad Man will be a Stanley Cup Champion... unofficially. With the Red Wings poised for another deep playoff run this year, owner Mike Illich is already making plans for additions to Lord Stanley's Cup. The trophy awarded to the winner of the NHL's two month long playoff tournament, has a storied tradition. Each player from every team who has won the championship has their names etched on the cups silver rings. Rings have been added over the years to compensate for all the names, and some have been removed and stored in the Hockey Hall of Fame to keep the trophy from getting too big. A trophy that was no more than 14 inches high when it was first awarded stands now at over 3 feet tall.

Until recent years, the honor of having your name engraved on the trophy was reserved for players and coaches on the winning team. But Mike Illich has started a new tradition. Illich has expanded the honor to include family members and pets, but not of the players, of the owner. "I see no reason why they shouldn't be on there." says Illich "They are with this team through thick and thin all season long. They feel the exuberance of the victories and the agony of the defeats. If I'm upset about a loss and can't get to sleep at night, my wife is there to comfort me and console me. She's a big part of my team, and I'm a big part of what goes on down on the ice. If it weren't for Pizza Pizza deals [referring to his Little Ceasers empire that funds the Red Wings] there would be no Red Wings.

That brings us to this years honorary member. Nothing says Detroit like the Motor City Madman himself, Ted Nugent. Making his name as a Rock and Roller in the 1970's and as a hunting and gun rights advocate in the late 1990's, Nugent has interwoven himself into the fiber that is Detroit. Illich says he remembers those late nights at grad school studying under the black lights at 3 o'clock in the morning listening to Wang Dang Sweet Poontang and eating frozen pizzas. That's where he said he first started thinking of his Pizza empire. He remained a fan of Nugent also, even playing Nugents Stranglehold as his wedding song. "With my family, Pizza, and Ted Nugent being such a big part of my life, and me being such a big part of the Red Wings, I think you see the conection that Ted has to the Stanley Cup and that he desreves to be on the cup if we are victorious."

Well said Mike, and your team has the NHL in a Stranglehold baby... gonna crush their face.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:28 PM   #1782
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33

Detroit, MI - If Mike Illich has any say in it this year, the Motor City Mad Man will be a Stanley Cup Champion... unofficially. With the Red Wings poised for another deep playoff run this year, owner Mike Illich is already making plans for additions to Lord Stanley's Cup. The trophy awarded to the winner of the NHL's two month long playoff tournament, has a storied tradition. Each player from every team who has won the championship has their names etched on the cups silver rings. Rings have been added over the years to compensate for all the names, and some have been removed and stored in the Hockey Hall of Fame to keep the trophy from getting too big. A trophy that was no more than 14 inches high when it was first awarded stands now at over 3 feet tall.

Until recent years, the honor of having your name engraved on the trophy was reserved for players and coaches on the winning team. But Mike Illich has started a new tradition. Illich has expanded the honor to include family members and pets, but not of the players, of the owner. "I see no reason why they shouldn't be on there." says Illich "They are with this team through thick and thin all season long. They feel the exuberance of the victories and the agony of the defeats. If I'm upset about a loss and can't get to sleep at night, my wife is there to comfort me and console me. She's a big part of my team, and I'm a big part of what goes on down on the ice. If it weren't for Pizza Pizza deals [referring to his Little Ceasers empire that funds the Red Wings] there would be no Red Wings.

That brings us to this years honorary member. Nothing says Detroit like the Motor City Madman himself, Ted Nugent. Making his name as a Rock and Roller in the 1970's and as a hunting and gun rights advocate in the late 1990's, Nugent has interwoven himself into the fiber that is Detroit. Illich says he remembers those late nights at grad school studying under the black lights at 3 o'clock in the morning listening to Wang Dang Sweet Poontang and eating frozen pizzas. That's where he said he first started thinking of his Pizza empire. He remained a fan of Nugent also, even playing Nugents Stranglehold as his wedding song. "With my family, Pizza, and Ted Nugent being such a big part of my life, and me being such a big part of the Red Wings, I think you see the conection that Ted has to the Stanley Cup and that he desreves to be on the cup if we are victorious."

Well said Mike, and your team has the NHL in a Stranglehold baby... gonna crush their face.
Upon hearing this news, Kid Rock and Eminem expressed their outrage at not being included.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:42 PM   #1783
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Florida 3 Pittsburgh 0 Mid second period.

Lynn Swann endorses Isle of Capri (Penguins parter) slots proposal putting the heat on Rendell. Rendell will announce his Plan B for the arena tomorrow, we'll see if its fraudulent or not.

So far, so good.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:45 PM   #1784
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Ovechkin's got his 48th goal of the year tonight.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:57 PM   #1785
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

92 points b****es. 1 clear of Staal and 2 of Alfie, and into 3rd place in the League.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #1786
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
92 points b****es. 1 clear of Staal and 2 of Alfie, and into 3rd place in the League.
Extremely impressive

Go Canes!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #1787
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Extremely impressive
Your team is killing me. Totally killing me. And so's mine for beating the 'Canes 2 straight.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #1788
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Your team is killing me. Totally killing me. And so's mine for beating the 'Canes 2 straight.
Heh.

I dont think you guys were going to end up with the worst record anyway....you guys were behind STL and CHI as well. Now its pretty much a lock.

I have some good news for ya though...Johnny LeClair just scored for us. The bad news (for you) is that now we are still down by 3 goals.

Congrats on AO....he deserves to get quite a few votes for the Hart in addition to winning the Calder ofcourse.

Go Canes!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #1789
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Damn, the Panthers are on fire. It would be a great story if they made the playoffs.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #1790
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Damn, the Panthers are on fire. It would be a great story if they made the playoffs.
I got loungo in my FHL and everytime i pull him because i don't think they will win the SOB wins.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #1791
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Upon hearing this news, Kid Rock and Eminem expressed their outrage at not being included.
Steve yzerman
Kris Draper
Kirk maltby
Fluffy
Mr Toodles
Edith Illich
Jose martinez (the gardener)
Ted Nugent
Old 03-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #1792
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Staal dropped off the earth for some reason.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #1793
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Staal dropped off the earth for some reason.
With the loss of Cole, Stall has gone cold. Stall and Cole were awsome line mates and had wonderful chemistry, now Stalls on the Second line and isent getting the opportunitys. Even though he had two shots go off the indside post tonight...
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #1794
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Thank Cam Ward...
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #1795
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

STL and CHI headed to OT.

Both get a point.

Go Canes!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #1796
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:

What a tard. That's just ridiculous.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:37 PM   #1797
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Stupid Wild. Stupid Kings.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:51 AM   #1798
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

well there isnt much to say about tonights game other than being suprised that Jeremy Roenick played tonight. Tommorow is do or die with the oilers.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #1799
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_3653310

Vaananen hopeful
Although a longshot, Avalanche defenseman Ossi Vaananen hasn't ruled out a return to the lineup for the playoffs.

Vaananen had a walking boot removed Wednesday from his surgically repaired left ankle, and said he is "way ahead of schedule" in his rehabilitation.

The Finnish veteran suffered multiple fractures to bones in the ankle, and several screws were inserted as part of the surgery. The screws will be taken out by next season.

Vaananen, who was leading the team in plus-minus at the time of his injury (Feb. 2 in Nashville), said he is walking without much pain. Still, a return for the playoffs remains a slim possibility, not only because of the time it would take to get back in top condition, but because of rust from missing so much time.
-------------

While I can't really see it happening, it'd be nice if somehow Ossi could get back for the playoffs.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #1800
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_3653310

Vaananen hopeful
Although a longshot, Avalanche defenseman Ossi Vaananen hasn't ruled out a return to the lineup for the playoffs.

Vaananen had a walking boot removed Wednesday from his surgically repaired left ankle, and said he is "way ahead of schedule" in his rehabilitation.

The Finnish veteran suffered multiple fractures to bones in the ankle, and several screws were inserted as part of the surgery. The screws will be taken out by next season.

Vaananen, who was leading the team in plus-minus at the time of his injury (Feb. 2 in Nashville), said he is walking without much pain. Still, a return for the playoffs remains a slim possibility, not only because of the time it would take to get back in top condition, but because of rust from missing so much time.
-------------

While I can't really see it happening, it'd be nice if somehow Ossi could get back for the playoffs.
Ouch. Now I'm seeing that happening again. Brutal.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote