The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006, 10:16 PM   #1751
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
The mighty jim dowd deserves a shot!

Sure does! I am ashamed to say I have been calling him Jim Dud. But I still add the mighty so I figure I'm ok.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #1752
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta
see that to me still sounds wrong, you lose the game yet still get a point ? what the hell is that, you do not reward teams for losing games, its just wrong. Play until the game ends, or end it in a tie, these gimmacks to end games in the regular season are just that gimmacks which should be left for minor hockey not the NHL.

Come on! Ties just suck. I have always hated the ties. A game should be won or lost, not tied. It's so unfulfilling to watch a game that ends in a freakin tie.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #1753
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Um, go Kings.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:00 AM   #1754
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

6-3 Nucks...in the third. What a game by your Queens, 24cb. Sheesh.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:34 AM   #1755
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
6-3 Nucks...in the third. What a game by your Queens, 24cb. Sheesh.
gotta laugh this off and move on to Calgary. The beaks just didnt go our way.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:43 AM   #1756
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Come on! Ties just suck. I have always hated the ties. A game should be won or lost, not tied. It's so unfulfilling to watch a game that ends in a freakin tie.
It isnt the question of a game should end in a tie but should we do rock paper scissors to find out the winner. You play 60 minutes, then 4 on 4 and still have a tie. Does a SO loss warrant at least a point or all or nothing or just end in a tie after overtime? The one point for the loss is a carry over from the point given in an overtime loss from the last season. At least with a SO loss, you made it past OT 5 minutes. For now, who cares as the playoffs will fix all this nonsense. BTW: cb24, after your team's display tonight, I think the link of the "loser" chick would even turn you and any Kings' fans. Googled her. That is where you can find a wife for yourself. Prove me wrong. San Diego this coming season I want to see Tina by your side.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:02 AM   #1757
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
cb24, after your team's display tonight, I think the link of the "loser" chick would even turn you and any Kings' fans. Googled her. That is where you can find a wife for yourself. Prove me wrong. San Diego this coming season I want to see Tina by your side.
Look I like our style of play right now with Tochetti making this team VERY agressive. We still have 10 games left I believe and the pressure is on us now to win in Calgary and Edmonton. If we can win those two games then the vancouver game can be forgotten. Btw im not buying tickets from you Broncocalijohn this year because Im moving to denver in the fall. Anyway found a better ticket broker in denver who will hook me up with some home games. So while your still in SD this season Ill be at mile high. with Tila not tina your girlfriend.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:16 AM   #1758
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

whatever. She is staying in OC. You can still make the trip to SD as everyone else is.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #1759
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Congrats to Stevie Y. In bold is why the guy is seen as nothing but class...

Yzerman's 690th goal ties Lemieux for eighth on all-time list

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Steve Yzerman and the Detroit Red Wings just keep rolling along.

Yzerman scored his 690th goal to tie Mario Lemieux for eighth place on the career list and help the NHL-leading Red Wings clinch a playoff spot with a 4-1 victory over the St. Louis Blues on Monday night.

However, you won't hear Yzerman compare himself to Lemieux.

"I don't really know the significance," Yzerman said. "If anything, it shows how good [Lemieux] is; he played almost five years less than I did."

Yzerman, 40, scored midway through the second period off a scrum that started with Niklas Kronwall's shot from the slot. Blues goalie Patrick Lalime made the save on Kronwall, but the rebound ended up on Yzerman's stick just to the left of the goal, and the Detroit captain buried it for his 12th goal of the season.

Next up for Yzerman is Mark Messier, seventh with 694 goals.

"It's fantastic to be around," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said. "It shows you how much he loves the game. When you look at the leadership we have, that's why we win on a consistent basis."

Especially in March. The Red Wings are 10-1-2 this month and 89-31-17 in March since 1994-95.

Babcock said there was no secret to the Red Wings' success Monday.

"We just rolled [the lines] one, two, three, four," Babcock said. "It didn't matter. We let our guys go, and it kind of worked out well."

Kirk Maltby, Johan Franzen and Tomas Holmstrom also scored for Detroit.

Manny Legace made 20 saves for the Red Wings. His bid for a second straight shutout was ruined when the Petr Cajanek scored of a faceoff with 57.3 seconds left on a slow-developing play.

"It's unfortunate it took an hour and a half to get to that puck," Legace said. "There were three guys in front of the net and they just touched it to Cajanek. My leg wasn't long enough to get there, but we got the win and that's the most important thing."

The Blues dropped all four games on their homestand and have lost seven in a row overall, marking the third time that St. Louis has lost at least seven straight. Heading into this season, the longest losing streak in Blues' history was seven games.

"This homestand is probably the most embarrassing in my career," Blues forward Keith Tkachuk said. "I don't like what I see. I know I always say I've got to be a lot better. Our better players have got to rise to the occasion and lead."

Maltby put the Blues behind early when he broke in on right wing and beat Lalime with a wrist shot from the right circle just 2:01 into the contest.

After Yzerman made it 2-0 at 9:45 of the second period, Franzen put the game away 47 seconds later when he scored off his own rebound.

"We had a game plan," Tkachuk said. "We just couldn't execute."

Game notes
Detroit is the only team in the NHL that has not been shut out this season. ... Scott Young leads the Blues in scoring with 46 points and is the only St. Louis player with more than 40. Detroit has eight players with 50 or more points. ... The Red Wings are 33-0-2 when leading after two periods and the Blues are 0-28-4 when trailing after two.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #1760
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Whoopee. Nice to be in a sucky division.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #1761
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Hell, the Avs are only 9-9 against this sucky division, including 1-7 against the two teams that matter--Detroit and Nashville. What's your excuse? Leave it to an Avs fan to be unable to give credit where it's due. Bitterness causes some to make asses of themselves, it seems.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #1762
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27
Hell, the Avs are only 9-9 against this sucky division, including 1-7 against the two teams that matter--Detroit and Nashville. What's your excuse? Leave it to an Avs fan to be unable to give credit where it's due. Bitterness causes some to make asses of themselves, it seems.
Defensiveness is often in direct proportion to how much the truth hurts...

Hey - An opportunity to take a shot at the Wings is never to be passed up. Apparently you take things a little more serious than I do.

That division does suck. I'm pretty sure you'd trade Nashville, Columbus, Chicago and St. Louis straight up for 32 games this season against Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Minnesota.

Last edited by Tredici; 03-28-2006 at 03:47 PM..
Old 03-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #1763
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Thanks Wild!

Hope you all are having a good time watching the game on OLN. Are we winning?
Old 03-28-2006, 11:04 PM   #1764
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

They won?!! Wahooooooo!

How'd it look out there?
Old 03-28-2006, 11:31 PM   #1765
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

It wasn't pretty, but it was a win.

Joe Sakic has suddenly turned it up. He's currently on an 8 game point streak with 6 goals & 9 assists over that span. That's the kind of shot in the arm this team sorely needed, especially after Tanguay went down with the knee injury.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:44 PM   #1766
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
They won?!! Wahooooooo!

How'd it look out there?
They played a solid game against the hottest team in the league.

This has to be the most persistant Avalanche team we've had in Colorado. They lose their best power forward for the season, they keep scoring. They lose their second line center for over a month, they keep scoring. They lose their best goal scorer for the season, they keep scoring. They lose their biggest point producer for 2 to 4 weeks, they keep scoring. They trade their starting goalie and his rookie backup keeps the team on the same track.

Guys like Brett Clark and Andrew Brunette have been awesome in the last few weeks. The Frederic Cassivi for Brett Clark deal a couple of seasons ago was a nothing trade back then, but now it's turned into another Lacroix theft.

Sakic, Blake and Hejduk have all been so much better since the Olympics.

Tonight was perfect for the Avs; they get 2 points and the Predators, Sharks, Ducks and Oilers all lose in regulation.

The Flames game Friday night should be intense.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:32 AM   #1767
Jori
US Olympian

The Avs outplayed the Ducks for the majority of the game. The Ducks had no answer against the Hejduk/Sakic/Bruno line. Budaj made some nice saves, but he did allow two soft goals.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #1768
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
The Avs outplayed the Ducks for the majority of the game. The Ducks had no answer against the Hejduk/Sakic/Bruno line. Budaj made some nice saves, but he did allow two soft goals.

You're kidding me!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #1769
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
They won?!! Wahooooooo!

How'd it look out there?
I think Andrew Brunette wanted to make sure you had a nice birthday present of 2 points. Talk about stepping up.

Man, I was glad to see that last goal! Of course putting the Ducks on the PP with about 4 minutes left had me concerned. On a call that could've gone either way I might add. I thought Quinn was to blow again.

Anybody see the film footage of Patrick losing his cool as a Coach this past weekend? Good to see the old temper tantrum hasn't disappeared. I'd love to know what he was saying to the opposition. Might've learned some new words....
Old 03-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #1770
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Happybirthday MT and just so you know i ordered that win for your birthday.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:19 PM   #1771
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Happybirthday MT and just so you know i ordered that win for your birthday.

Thanks, Bronx! That was a great gift. I like how you ordered the rest of the conference to lose too...just like we needed.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:22 PM   #1772
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Thanks, Bronx! That was a great gift. I like how you ordered the rest of the conference to lose too...just like we needed.

Nothing but the best for you
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #1773
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default The ol' college try makes a hit with NHL, Penguins

This is a good article, not JUST on the pens

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06088/677647-61.stm

The ol' college try makes a hit with NHL, Penguins
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #1774
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
It wasn't pretty, but it was a win.

Joe Sakic has suddenly turned it up. He's currently on an 8 game point streak with 6 goals & 9 assists over that span. That's the kind of shot in the arm this team sorely needed, especially after Tanguay went down with the knee injury.
Heard the game on the radio and it seemed Sakic was everywhere. Ducks did lose but showed a lot of heart to tie it up twice. Thought they might tie it up one more time with the goalie pulled but no luck. One more road game then 4 at home and taking on the Canucks. Love this run with approximately 10 games to go. Hey Kings, where are you?
Old 03-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #1775
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
Hey Kings, where are you?
Hopefully they're ready to rock tonight, we Avs fans need them to beat Calgary.

I love this time of year. Every game is critical and every point that a team can scratch out is huge. The games seem to take on a playoff-like intensity, especially when you've got so many teams fighting for postseason spots.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote