The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #151
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Not me!

So tell me MT.... If Foppa is (or was) your favorite player, How could you possibly go out of your way to cheer against the team he is on?

The only thing I could compare it to is John Elway. If Elway left the Broncos, I would still be a die hard Bronco fan, but, I would be cheering for the team that Elway went to on the side. It's not like Foppa went to a division or even conference rival. He went to a team that the Av's play ONE time a year.
As long as I've known you, you never had a hatred for the Flyers until this season.
How could you love Foppa for all these years and then pull a 180 and dispise him in the span of a couple months?
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #152
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
I know it's wayyy early, but it's hard to keep the excitement in check over that team.....I gotta find out when they're coming to Buffalo so I can check them out in person.
They are playing absolute lights out right now. Here is the kicker, 2/3rds of our second line have been out most of the season.
Both Primeau and Kapanen (who has been out all year) will be back. The depth on this team is ungodly bro!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #153
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Flyers @ Sabres Thurs Feb 2nd & Friday April 7th....I will be there!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:06 PM   #154
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
So tell me MT.... If Foppa is (or was) your favorite player, How could you possibly go out of your way to cheer against the team he is on?

The only thing I could compare it to is John Elway. If Elway left the Broncos, I would still be a die hard Bronco fan, but, I would be cheering for the team that Elway went to on the side. It's not like Foppa went to a division or even conference rival. He went to a team that the Av's play ONE time a year.
As long as I've known you, you never had a hatred for the Flyers until this season.
How could you love Foppa for all these years and then pull a 180 and dispise him in the span of a couple months?
Elway and Forsberg are my two favorite athletes of all-time. If Elway went to the Redskins or whatever that rumor was years ago I would have still rooted for John but not Washington. Same thing with Forsberg. I hope he continues to do well (though it's painful watching him do so well) but I couldn't care less about the Flyers and how they do as a team.

The way we lost Forsberg due to the salary cap was heartbreaking. He didn't want to leave, the fans certainly didn't want him to leave and the organiztion didn't want him to leave. It was essentially forced. Aside from buying out Rob Blake there was nothing the Avalanche organization could have done (and many people around here, including me, wish we would have bought out Blake and signed Foppa). Somehow we're still scoring goals better than anyone but Ottawa without Sakic or Hejduk really playing that well.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #155
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

good lord the flyers are amazing. knuble wins it with 3.2 seconds left
dbroncos31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #156
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

thats three games off of the top of my head where we had some amzing play in the last minute. forsberg's first goal tied it with like 50 secs left and we won in OT (dont remember against who) and then pitkanen ties it with 23 secs left and wins it in OT vs. Bos. and now knuble wins it with 3.2 secs left. and robbie got the assist!!
Old 11-12-2005, 11:12 PM   #157
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:

This is the only way I can explain it. Hypothetically here, if I had a boyfriend and he decided to dump me, I would hate him forever for it. That's just me. That's how I feel about the Forsberg thing. It's the whole feeling of betrayal. It all boils down to being hurt over it and that's how I deal with it. Plus I want his only rings to be with the Avs.

I can honestly say I have never really liked the Flyers. Seems like I am always fighting with their fans, and not just you fans on here. I generally judge a team by their fans as I'm sure a lot of us do. I've not come across too awfully many Flyers fans that are cool to chat with. Seems they always have a big chip on their shoulders. ( I'm not saying this about anyone in particular on this board, so no whining. )

So there's my best explanation for the thing. It's just me.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #158
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

Quote:
They are playing absolute lights out right now. Here is the kicker, 2/3rds of our second line have been out most of the season.
Both Primeau and Kapanen (who has been out all year) will be back. The depth on this team is ungodly bro!
its amazing. i knew gagne was good...but damn!!!! i had no idea how amazing he'd be. and you gotta consider how primeau can play when he's on (see: 2003 playoffs and esp. v TB) and how key Kapanen is. i think that we will win the east and win the cup. we're just so good. and our goalies are both really good. everyone is amazing. i'm in almost shock. but we do need to remember that its only like 1 month into the season...there's a lot of hockey left. and i think we'll be the last one standing.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:15 PM   #159
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

but he didn't betray you...it wasnt his choice...he wasn't like...f- colorado, im going to philly.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #160
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Breck has a point too. The way we lost him made it all worse. We had already lost Foote ( a fan fave ), and after that I know I thought for sure Forsberg was staying. I think most of us were penciling him in on our lineup and out of the blue, GONE! It was shocking and hard to take and Breck's also right about the feeling about buying Blake out. Especially now!
Old 11-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #161
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroncos31
but he didn't betray you...it wasnt his choice...he wasn't like...f- colorado, im going to philly.

I feel like he did somewhat, and I know a lot of others do too. Not necessarily people on this board though. He was very well paid when he played in Colorado all those years. Consistenly one of the highest paid players in the league if not the highest. He was well taken care of here. And then he went somewhere else for more money. I never would have thought it would have come down to money with him.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:31 PM   #162
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

no i kno...i agree with you somewhat, but i dont see the straight up betray, like if he had demanded a trade, or something like that. but, if this was gagne, i would be so pissed. i feel like it was less than what Flava Clown Portis did, and initially, i still liked him. (until the season started. now that little b**** annoys me. i was one of many booing him at week 5) but i see where you're comin from.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #163
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

It really is just me. Everyone dealt with it differently. I didn't and won't deal with it well. I definitely don't equate with any flava clownish-ishness. You know how the more you are attached to something the more it hurts, well that's how it goes for me.

Thanks for understanding though.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:49 PM   #164
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

gotcha
Old 11-13-2005, 01:57 AM   #165
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
its amazing. i knew gagne was good...but damn!!!! i had no idea how amazing he'd be. and you gotta consider how primeau can play when he's on (see: 2003 playoffs and esp. v TB) and how key Kapanen is. i think that we will win the east and win the cup. we're just so good. and our goalies are both really good. everyone is amazing. i'm in almost shock. but we do need to remember that its only like 1 month into the season...there's a lot of hockey left. and i think we'll be the last one standing.
I don't think I'll ever be totally comfortable with our goalies (but that's just me).

I agree though, the Rangers will fade and the Flyers will take the East barring something extraordinary. The team defines the word solid.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #166
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
I don't think I'll ever be totally comfortable with our goalies (but that's just me).

I agree though, the Rangers will fade and the Flyers will take the East barring something extraordinary. The team defines the word solid.
The Flyers taking the East?

All thi talk about Gagne?

The Flyers the team to beat? No.

The Flyers aren't going to win the East.

Who's their goalie? Robert 'stinking' Esche

The Sens will win the East, guarantee it.

The Flyers are no match for the Sens.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:49 AM   #167
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson

Sun. October 30 Philadelphia 5 Ottawa 3

No match eh?

Last edited by Hogan11; 11-13-2005 at 09:56 AM..
Old 11-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #168
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
The Flyers taking the East?

All thi talk about Gagne?

The Flyers the team to beat? No.

The Flyers aren't going to win the East.

Who's their goalie? Robert 'stinking' Esche

The Sens will win the East, guarantee it.

The Flyers ARE the team to beat in the East. That's just the facts my Ottawa loving friend. Does that mean we will win the East? No. They are the favorites though.

Robert Esche is the best goalie we've had since a young Ron Hextall. Esche is not one of the bigger name goalies in the league but he is as solid as they come. Just ask the American team, and American hockey fans, who was the only player on the USA that bothered to show up for the world cup. Esche is the reason the Americans didn't lose every game by 10 goals.
He played tremendously in the '03 playoffs. If Esche slips up somehow, I am very comfortable with Anttiro Nitimaki as our future goaltender.

The 2 biggest obsticles for the Flyers this year will be the Lightning and Sens because of their speed. That's the only matchup problem I saee in the East for the Flyers. The Sens and Ning speed alone, will give teams fits. The Flyers are more talented acrossed the 4 lines then anyone in the league.
If they can deal with the speed, they should take the east.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:14 AM   #169
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

MT.... I understand where you are coming from. I didn't realize you viewed it the way you do. I thought you kept the love for Forsberg even though you were pained by his departure.
If you hate Forsberg all together, I understand your hatred for the Flyers.

As far as Flyers fans with a chip on their shoulder, yes, we do. that chip comes from 30 years without a Cup. If we sucked for those 30 years, I could see where a chip on the shoulder would be too much. However, we have been a competitor for the Cup in probably 22 of those 30 years. We have been so close year in and year out.
It's like a smoker feening for a smoke. Remember when you quit? Imagine for the first week, someone just held a cigarette just inches from your lips and everytime you went to put it in your mouth, someone crushed it into tiny pieces and then stomped on it as it laid on the ground.
That's what we have dealt with. That's the reason for the chip. broncos fans had that chip after so many super bowl loses.

Flyer fans are some of the most passionate and knowledgable hockey fans around. TSN didn't name them the best hockey town in America for nothing. We are just very hungry and the additions we made this season have added to that hunger.
Don't hate Flyer fans for their passion.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #170
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

esche has won 6 starts in a row, so i dont think the nickname "stinkin" fits here. just you wait until the Flyers smack the Sens to knock them out of thw playoffs.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:07 PM   #171
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
It's like a smoker feening for a smoke. Remember when you quit? Imagine for the first week, someone just held a cigarette just inches from your lips and everytime you went to put it in your mouth, someone crushed it into tiny pieces and then stomped on it as it laid on the ground.
Isn't that also like having a Forsberg-in-a-Flyers-jersey avatar on a Denver based message board?
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #172
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Isn't that also like having a Forsberg-in-a-Flyers-jersey avatar on a Denver based message board?
Not at all! I'm here as a Bronco fan. If I was on an Av's board, you might have a point. I'm pretty much here for Bronco talk.
I am, however, a Flyers fan. We've been talking hockey here for years. Everyone who knows me, know's I am a Flyer fan. I'm just excited about having Forsberg back on the Flyers. That's all.

It's no different then having a Miami U avatar on a "colorado based board"!
Old 11-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #173
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:
Not at all! I'm here as a Bronco fan. If I was on an Av's board, you might have a point. I'm pretty much here for Bronco talk.
I am, however, a Flyers fan. We've been talking hockey here for years. Everyone who knows me, know's I am a Flyer fan. I'm just excited about having Forsberg back on the Flyers. That's all.

It's no different then having a Miami U avatar on a "colorado based board"!
That Miami player wasnt a big fan favorite on a Colorado team before jumping ship to the Canes.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:43 PM   #174
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
esche has won 6 starts in a row, so i dont think the nickname "stinkin" fits here. just you wait until the Flyers smack the Sens to knock them out of thw playoffs.
Robert Esche is 'nothing' compared to the Dominator.

And the Flyers aren't going to stop the Sens.

It's quite the opposite....the Sens will knock the Flyers out as usual
Old 11-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #175
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
The Flyers ARE the team to beat in the East. That's just the facts my Ottawa loving friend. Does that mean we will win the East? No. They are the favorites though.
Since when were the stinking Flyers the favourites?

Make a poll. Hell, before season start the Sens were faourites for East & The Cup, so stop it with this 'Flyers favourite' crap.

We know the Flyers can't do squat against the Sens (especially in the playoffs).

If Lalime killed the Flyers, imagine what the Dominator will do to those little turds.

Mark my words, the Flyers aren't going to win the East.