The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #1701
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

2-2 after 2 the oil got a cheap deflection goal off of scratch.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:54 PM   #1702
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
2-2 after 2 the oil got a cheap deflection goal off of scratch.

That was a tough one. The guy puts it all out there, sometimes those are the ****ty breaks.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:59 PM   #1703
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
I cant watch the Av's-Blues game a la Saturday duty..... Ship's comps cant connect to online audio, so I'm stuck with a score sheet.

How the hell did Proapst get a misconduct?
How did we get an abuse of officials penalty?
?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:12 PM   #1704
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Montreal 6 Pittsburgh 5 Final in Regulation

Chicago got a point in an OT loss.

4 up on STL, 5 on CHI, 7 up on WSH

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #1705
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Montreal 6 Pittsburgh 5 Final in Regulation

Chicago got a point in an OT loss.

4 up on STL, 5 on CHI, 7 up on WSH

seeing as I can't stand the Tank-burgh penguins, I think they are destined for Kansas City
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #1706
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco
seeing as I can't stand the Tank-burgh penguins, I think they are destined for Kansas City
I think if Pitt were to move it would be to Cananda like Winnepeg or Quebec.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #1707
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
You have to have talent to tank, otherwise you just really suck.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #1708
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Its possible, given that our partner, Isle of Capri, has only a slightly greater
chance of winning the slots license than the Pens do of making the playoffs. It would kill me if the Penguins went to those bunch of inbred worthless hicks. Kansas City is the LAST place that deserves a team like the Pens who are going to be major Stanley Cup contenders soon. Before salary cap issues hit the team in about 5-6 years, Id be surprised if they did not make at least 1 appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals. Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Whitney, Welch, Armstrong and likely a top 2 pick this year. I am expecting at least 1 Stanley Cup Title in the next 5-6 years.

But I think the arena will get done. I dont live in Pennsylvania, but from all the stuff I have read alot of pressure is on the Governor and the County Executive from what I have been reading. The Governor is going to announce his Plan B on Thursday for the arena. He hates the Penguins, and doesnt give a **** about them but he's not running well right now in trial heats against Lynn Swann and this is starting to be a political liability for him in the Western side of the state.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:51 PM   #1709
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

The Avs lose a shootout. An utter shocker. All I can say is thank the Lord there is no SO in the playoffs.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #1710
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
?

He got a misconduct ( which was undeserved ) for what I thought was really boarding on Cody McCormick. He had a pretty good gash above his eye that required some stitches.

The abuse of officials penalty was utterly ridiculous. Quenneville was a bit upset about a call ( justifiably ) and let a few f bombs fly, nothing we haven't all seen before, so they called him on it. It sucked.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #1711
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Darn, I was just checking Theodore's record on the SO, but it seems he hasn't faced any. Good Lord, he can't be any worse than what we have now when it comes to them.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #1712
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
The Avs lose a shootout. An utter shocker. All I can say is thank the Lord there is no SO in the playoffs.

I hate these fricken bush league shootouts.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:59 PM   #1713
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Its possible, given that our partner, Isle of Capri, has only a slightly greater
chance of winning the slots license than the Pens do of making the playoffs. It would kill me if the Penguins went to those bunch of inbred worthless hicks. Kansas City is the LAST place that deserves a team like the Pens who are going to be major Stanley Cup contenders soon. Before salary cap issues hit the team in about 5-6 years, Id be surprised if they did not make at least 1 appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals. Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Whitney, Welch, Armstrong and likely a top 2 pick this year. I am expecting at least 1 Stanley Cup Title in the next 5-6 years.

But I think the arena will get done. I dont live in Pennsylvania, but from all the stuff I have read alot of pressure is on the Governor and the County Executive from what I have been reading. The Governor is going to announce his Plan B on Thursday for the arena. He hates the Penguins, and doesnt give a **** about them but he's not running well right now in trial heats against Lynn Swann and this is starting to be a political liability for him in the Western side of the state.
Somebody will move the team back to Canada seeing that Crosby is god there, not quite like Gretzky but close. Move the team back to Canada and you will have sellouts, I just dont see any way you could move a team to KC when St. Louis has a hard time selling tickets, even in their good years. St Louis Blues is another team that may move.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:02 PM   #1714
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I hate these fricken bush league shootouts.

The sad thing is I still get kind of excited when one comes up. I always think, **** he can't lose them all. They'll have to get a win with Budaj in net at least one time.

Apparently, I'm wrong.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #1715
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
crap, I was hoping Avs would win tonight because Kings need to catch up. Im also glad there is no SO because because every once in the playoffs there is a game that is played from 7pm till 2am! I just love those games when it goes on to like 4 OTs.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #1716
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Somebody will move the team back to Canada seeing that Crosby is god there, not quite like Gretzky but close. Move the team back to Canada and you will have sellouts, I just dont see any way you could move a team to KC when St. Louis has a hard time selling tickets, even in their good years. St Louis Blues is another team that may move.

Just way too much expansion under Bettman. Tampa Bay worked out, but in general, the game has less talent because of expansion. Playoff hockey is still perhaps the best tournament in sports. They just need to get it to that level or close to it in the regular season. It's not easy to do though. The NBA is having the same problems. No one cares about these sports in the regular season.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #1717
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
crap, I was hoping Avs would win tonight because Kings need to catch up. Im also glad there is no SO because because every once in the playoffs there is a game that is played from 7pm till 2am! I just love those games when it goes on to like 4 OTs.
Me too. Nothing like sitting there with your guts twisted into pretzel knots for hours on end.

I do not know who couldn't like the Stanley Cup playoffs. They are the ultimate.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #1718
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
The sad thing is I still get kind of excited when one comes up. I always think, **** he can't lose them all. They'll have to get a win with Budaj in net at least one time.

Apparently, I'm wrong.
Well we can't hang his game on budaj our shooters just stink they should have let the mighty jim dowd have one of those shots.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #1719
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:

yea that's competition at its best. As far as the avs go, Budaj isn't a bad goalie, but he has some issues in shootouts, but I don't blame him because the avs shooters have even more issues scoring in shootouts.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #1720
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Well this makes tuesdays game all that more important...
Old 03-26-2006, 10:10 PM   #1721
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well we can't hang his game on budaj our shooters just stink they should have let the mighty jim dowd have one of those shots.

I know. It just seems like no matter what if Budaj is in net, it just isn't going to happen.

Ok, was anyone else talking like the PA announcer and yelling out "the Mighty Jim Dowd" when he scored again?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:11 PM   #1722
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well this makes tuesdays game all that more important...

Against those damn Ducks. I won't be watching because I think it's on OLN.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #1723
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Against those damn Ducks. I won't be watching because I think it's on OLN.
I think the kings are on OLN tommorow, but I dont like OLN. Going to watch it on with Foxy and Bob Miller on FSN "Prime Ticket".

Quote:
Me too. Nothing like sitting there with your guts twisted into pretzel knots for hours on end.

I do not know who couldn't like the Stanley Cup playoffs. They are the ultimate.
I love NHL playoffs period, whether the kings make it or not. BTW since we are talking about TV coverage, are the playoffs to be televised by NBC?

Quote:
Just way too much expansion under Bettman. Tampa Bay worked out, but in general, the game has less talent because of expansion. Playoff hockey is still perhaps the best tournament in sports. They just need to get it to that level or close to it in the regular season. It's not easy to do though. The NBA is having the same problems. No one cares about these sports in the regular season.
agreed, but the new CBA should make it more competitive for teams.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #1724
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I thought at least part of them were? Good gawd, someone please tell me there won't be any playoff coverage on OLN! I might go postal.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #1725
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Not that he's made much noise, but I'm sure it still hurts them:

Kings centre Jeremy Roenick will likely miss the rest of the season after suffering a fractured ankle last night. The injury occurred midway through the second period, when Roenick blocked a slapshot from Predators defenseman Shea Weber. - Tennessean
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=