The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2006, 08:33 PM   #1676
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Avs wiin in OT!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:41 PM   #1677
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Super Joe scores the OT winner. It wasn't pretty by any stretch, but 2 points is 2 points.

Alexander Ovechkin scored his 47th goal and added an assist against Carolina tonight to bring his point total to 91 on the season.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #1678
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

nucks losing to the oil 3-2 in the 3rd also LA and the preds are tied up in the 3rd.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #1679
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Preds just took a 4-3 lead.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #1680
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Oilers hang on to beat the Canchokes 3-2.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #1681
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

The refs in our game seemed a bit over ambitious when it came to calling penalties. ****, they were calling people for their shirts flapping in the breeze too much.

I've seen coaches do a lot more than Q did and not get that call.

Way to go, Oil! Too bad the Ducks couldn't choke for us.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #1682
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Very true mt, that major penalty and game misconduct against Poapst was a flat out ridiculous call. I know McCormick was cut, but it sure looked like a clean hit to me.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #1683
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Yeah, I thought it was just going to be a boarding call. It especially sucks when you get those calls and your team can't even do anything with it!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:14 PM   #1684
Jori
US Olympian

Nice imploding job by Nashville tonight. Did you see that POS Avery do push-ups after he scored?
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #1685
Jori
US Olympian

Carle in teal...being congratulated after scoring his first NHL goal.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:23 PM   #1686
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

F-ing Caps
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:26 PM   #1687
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Sheesh, why is it the Preds choke every time we would like them to win?
Old 03-26-2006, 12:42 AM   #1688
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Today was one of those great hockey days. Between NHL Center Ice and the NCAA hockey tournament on Altitude and Comcast 5 I watched about 19-20 games today.

I watched almost the entire Sharks/Wild game with an eye towards Matt Carle. He had a shaky second period with a couple of penalties and getting burnt for a Rolston breakaway goal. Matt didn't play again until the Sharks built a three goal lead. I switched to the Avs game for good with a minute left in the Sharks game. I was so mad at myself when I later found out Carle scored his first NHL goal and I missed it. Good thing for the internet I'll be able to see the goal, but that's not the same as watching it live.

The Avs played without 4 of their top 6 forwards and it showed. Good thing Joe Sakic had one of the best games I've seen him play in his years in Denver. He was all over the ice all night; Joe has certainly picked up his play since the Olympic break.

I was rooting for DU's main rival to at least get to the Frozen Four, but CC decided to choke against Cornell. They're going to struggle in the next few years without Sertich and Sterling. I don't think Matt Zaba is a very good goalie.

Now I really don't know who to root for. I'd usually pull for WCHA teams, but I don't like North Dakota or Wisconsin.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:26 AM   #1689
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Nice imploding job by Nashville tonight. Did you see that POS Avery do push-ups after he scored?
that was helluva goal so he can do how many pushups he wants, freaking avery haters.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:35 AM   #1690
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Sheesh, why is it the Preds choke every time we would like them to win?
choke? **** they had some lucky breaks including the fakeout by Kariya, that was a great play by the preds but the preds just got outplayed big time. Too many penalties on that team, Im glad we didnt trade for Witt because that dumbass was in the penalty box for half the freakin game. Anyway I like what the new coach Tochetti did for this game, he must have lit a fire under the players asses because what I saw tonight was players going full speed back and forth and the preds just got knocked around like rag dolls. BTW shots on goal was redicoulus(41-19?), Vokoun was great for them in goal even though there was 6 goals against him but its kinda hard when your team f***s it up by giving the Kings the Power Play for half the game. Anyway my boy Frolov is back!! Shoot I just might change my name to 24frolov . Now we should get Demitra back for monday against the canchokes. Time to charge for the playoffs!!!!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:39 AM   #1691
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

am i the only one who want to see both the toronto maple leafs and the montreal canadiens miss the play offs ?

id say that would shut up about 75% off the people at work come playoff time, it would be so nice.

Theres a few flyers fans, a few bruins fans, a few sens fans, even a few avs fans, but most of the people are leaf or canadiens fans and id really love to have a nice quiet playoff. That was the only good thing about there being no hockey last year, i didnt have to listen to them plan the parade every time they won a game or scored a goal.

Please hockey gods let the leafs and habs both miss the playoffs
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #1692
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Edmonton Oilers vs. Colorado Avalanche

GAME: Edmonton Oilers (35-24-12) at Colorado Avalanche (39-25-7).

TIME: Sunday, 9 p.m. EST.

The Colorado Avalanche have lost two of their best young stars to injuries. It's a good thing they still have veteran Joe Sakic in the lineup.

Sakic will try to keep his latest points streak alive and lead Colorado to its fifth straight win at the Pepsi Center when it meets the Edmonton Oilers in a key Northwest Division matchup.

The Avalanche have 85 points, good for sixth place in the tight Western Conference playoff race, one point behind both defending conference champion Calgary and Anaheim.

Colorado holds a three-point lead over both Edmonton and Vancouver, which are tied for seventh, and is four points ahead of ninth-place Los Angeles.

Sakic was the hero against St. Louis on Saturday, scoring a power-play goal 57 seconds into overtime to give Colorado a 3-2 victory.
Click here to find out more!

"We were patient out there. I just kind of moved it around, "Sakic said. "I gave it to Blakey (defenseman Rob Blake), actually I thought he was going to shoot. I think so did they. It was in the right spot."

Sakic, who also assisted on Pierre Turgeon's power-play goal midway through the second period, has six goals and five assists during a six-game points streak.

The 17-year veteran, who has spent his entire career with the Quebec/Colorado franchise, picked up the scoring slack after the Avs lost dynamic rookie Marek Svatos on March 9 with a season-ending shoulder injury and veteran Alex Tanguay on Tuesday for two-to-four weeks with a sprained knee.

Svatos led Colorado with 32 goals - including nine game-winners - in 61 games, while Tanguay paced the team with 48 assists and 74 points.

Sakic's 30 career goals versus the Oilers are the second-most he has scored against one team. He has 31 against both Calgary and Los Angeles.

March also has historically been the best month for the future Hall of Famer. In 212 games, Sakic has tallied 112 goals and 170 assists, both career bests.

Edmonton completed a grueling three-game set against another division rival with a 3-2 win Saturday over Vancouver. The Oilers lost to the Canucks 4-1 on Tuesday in Edmonton before falling 4-3 in overtime on Thursday in Vancouver.

Former Canuck Steve Staios scored what proved to be the game-winner for Edmonton 2:07 into the third period.

"That was as big as they get at this time of the year," he said. "We knew we needed it. We didn't want to put too much pressure on it, but we certainly knew this was a huge game for us."

The Oilers are expected to start Ty Conklin in goal, ending a streak of 10 straight starts by Dwayne Roloson since he was acquired earlier this month from Minnesota.

Conklin was waived earlier this season by the Oilers, but went unclaimed. He hasn't started since surrendering three goals in regulation and overtime on March 7 in a 4-3 shootout loss to Dallas.

Conklin is 1-4-0 with a 3.93 goals-against average and .846 save percentage in his career versus Colorado.

STANDINGS: Oilers - 82 points, 3rd place (tied), 4 PB, Northwest Division. Avalanche - 85 points, 2nd place, 1 PB, Northwest Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Oilers - Ryan Smyth, 32 goals; Ales Hemsky, 52 assists; Shawn Horcoff, 69 points; Jaroslav Spacek, 90 PIM. Avalanche - Sakic, 28 goals; Tanguay, 48 assists and 74 points; Ian Laperriere, 105 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Oilers - Power play: 17.7 percent (77 for 434), 16th in NHL. Penalty killing: 83.4 percent (358 for 429), 13th. Avalanche - Power play: 19.5 percent (82 for 420), 7th. Penalty killing: 83.7 percent (324 for 387), 11th.

GOALTENDERS: Oilers - Roloson (9-20-4, 1 SO, 2.97 GAA); Conklin (7-5-1, 1, 2.85). Avalanche - Peter Budaj (11-8-5, 2, 2.70); Vitaly Kolesnik (3-3-0, 0, 3.29).

SEASON SERIES: Avalanche, 4-2.

LAST MEETING: Feb. 7; Avalanche, 5-2. At Denver, Milan Hejduk, Tanguay and Rob Blake scored in the second period for the Avs. Jarret Stoll and Radek Dvorak tallied power-play goals for the Oilers.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Oilers - 19-11-6 on the road; Avalanche - 21-8-5 at home.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #1693
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Super Joe scores the OT winner. It wasn't pretty by any stretch, but 2 points is 2 points.

Alexander Ovechkin scored his 47th goal and added an assist against Carolina tonight to bring his point total to 91 on the season.
So are we saying he is the real stud and not Crosby? I would say YES. Why cant the Ducks draft someone like that? Kariya was the start and not too much offensive greatness since. How about those DUCKS? another 5 plus goals last night after playing the night before and smoking Nashville. I wanted some room in this heated pack 5 through 10 but found myself going with the kings last night as a Nashville loss gives the ducks only a 6 point margin to close for the 4th spot. Ducks were 8 points out of a playoff spot (10th place) on Jan 13th. Now they are in 5th and 6 points out of 4th spot. I believe they have won 5 or 6 games in a row. This after giving up the first goal (quickly) in most of these games. Basketball and hockey season really shines in march and april. This battle was needed after the year lock out.
Selanne 2 goals last two games. Avs, you think he is still washed up and hurt? Glad Anaheim took him again.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #1694
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
The Ducks are scary good right now. Teemu Selanne is playing like it's 1993 and guys like Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Andy McDonald, and Joffrey Lupul have given them new life. They've got incredible speed at forward with the aforementioned players and Todd Marchant, Jeff Friesen, Jonathon Hedstrom and Rob Niedermayer.

They've got two good goalies with J.S. Giguere and Ilya Bryzgalov. Giguere and his Conn Smythe trophy has obviously played well in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Anaheim has the best defenseman in the league in Scott Niedermayer (with apologies to Niklas Lidstrom). Vitaly Vishnevski is arguably the most underrated defenseman in the NHL. Ever since Niedermayer came back from injury the Ducks have been on fire.

I would want no part of the Ducks in the playoffs. It looks like Nashville and Anaheim will meet up in the #4 vs #5 series.

The Avs best shot is to finish ahead of Calgary for the #3 seed in the Western Conference. Columbus helped us out last night. Beating St. Louis tonight is a must.
Not bad Ducks anaylises from an Avs fan. Jonathan does have his moments (like you saw in his penalty shot and his first hat trick i got to personally witness earlier this 2006), but has been scratched healthy last week. Andy McDonald has major wheels and plays phenomenal with Teemu. I like my chances against the Preds. I dont like playing Red Wings though. That D is fing tough and we get the updates all the time on this thread from MR Red Wing himself Mr Assassin27.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #1695
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
So are we saying he is the real stud and not Crosby? I would say YES.
except that they are from different drafts, washington had the first pick in the 04 draft, pittsburgh had the first pick in the 05 draft.

If not for the strike this wouldnt be such a big deal coming from different years and all but yeah i would have to say right now ovechkin is turning out ot be a better pick, but we will see which player can lead his team to the play offs first, then to the cup.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #1696
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
So are we saying he is the real stud and not Crosby? I would say YES. .
Your right, Crosby is terrible. He only has 79 points. My god, for an 18 year old on the worst team in the league, he should be raping Ovechkin. The guy is clearly a scrub.

(And just as im typing this Crosby delivers a great backhand pass right to the tape of Armstrong's stick for a goal).

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:52 PM   #1697
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Avs up 2-1 after 1...
Old 03-26-2006, 07:52 PM   #1698
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Your right, Crosby is terrible. He only has 79 points. My god, for an 18 year old on the worst team in the league, he should be raping Ovechkin. The guy is clearly a scrub.

(And just as im typing this Crosby delivers a great backhand pass right to the tape of Armstrong's stick for a goal).

he is still no Jagr
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #1699
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle
he is still no Jagr
So you're saying Crosby doesn't quit when the going gets tough and his team isn't winning?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #1700
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

SJ won...... in OT