The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #1651
Jori
US Olympian

Just a shocking upset in college hockey tonight. Holy Cross beat Minnesota 4-3 in OT. I can't believe it. Unfortunately, this game wasn't shown live in its entirety. Just imagine a #16 beating a #1 in the NCAA basketball tournament, it's that big of an upset. Wow...I'm just stunned.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:19 PM   #1652
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Unfortuneatly, we won it in OT.
Catching up
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #1653
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Catching up
Yeah, we're only 3 ahead of the pack and 4 ahead of you guys.

Fleury needs to be sent down to WBS for the Calder Cup playoffs so Caron and come in and give up 4-6 a game. Its getting too close for comfort now.

STL has to somehow get at least a point against Colorado tomorrow and you guys need to bring Carolina down to earth.

Im going to be so ****ing pissed if we blow it after being dead last all year long.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:34 PM   #1654
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
you guys need to bring Carolina down to earth.
Not gonna happen
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #1655
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Herc and SoCal, it's so funny to read your posts hoping for losses and jousting to see who'll finish last.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:47 PM   #1656
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Those damn Ducks jumped ahead of us in the standings thanks to the Preds wussin' out tonight.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 PM   #1657
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Herc and SoCal, it's so funny to read your posts hoping for losses and jousting to see who'll finish last.
It doesnt bother me too much. Its in the team's best interest. Its not even hard to do actually. I had no problem hoping the Broncos would lose in their finale in 99 against San Diego, 01 against Indianapolis and 02 against Arizona. I didnt have a problem with it, because I knew it was in the team's best interest to lose and we would gain absolutely nothing winning the game. It's easy.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:57 PM   #1658
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Well you guys better keep an eye out on St. Lou. They really suck too.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:21 AM   #1659
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Well you guys better keep an eye out on St. Lou. They really suck too.
they will beat the avs wont they?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:30 AM   #1660
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

12-1-1 yaaaaaaaa baby
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:58 PM   #1661
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
12-1-1 yaaaaaaaa baby
I got fisher and chara in my FHL AND FISHER NEEDS TO PICK IT UP!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:59 PM   #1662
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshackleford
Im pretty sure your talking about Fedor Federov-Sergei's younger brother.He was in the Canucks system for a few years,even played a few NHL games.But Vancouver finally gave up on his lazy attitude to defense\forchecking.He is extremely high skilled offensively,however.
Dude how far back did you have to go to get that post?
Old 03-25-2006, 01:00 PM   #1663
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Those damn Ducks jumped ahead of us in the standings thanks to the Preds wussin' out tonight.

Are the ducks that good? or did the preds wuss out? i missed the game.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #1664
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I got fisher and chara in my FHL AND FISHER NEEDS TO PICK IT UP!
He's out with injury for probably another week.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:24 PM   #1665
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Are the ducks that good? or did the preds wuss out? i missed the game.
The Ducks are scary good right now. Teemu Selanne is playing like it's 1993 and guys like Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Andy McDonald, and Joffrey Lupul have given them new life. They've got incredible speed at forward with the aforementioned players and Todd Marchant, Jeff Friesen, Jonathon Hedstrom and Rob Niedermayer.

They've got two good goalies with J.S. Giguere and Ilya Bryzgalov. Giguere and his Conn Smythe trophy has obviously played well in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Anaheim has the best defenseman in the league in Scott Niedermayer (with apologies to Niklas Lidstrom). Vitaly Vishnevski is arguably the most underrated defenseman in the NHL. Ever since Niedermayer came back from injury the Ducks have been on fire.

I would want no part of the Ducks in the playoffs. It looks like Nashville and Anaheim will meet up in the #4 vs #5 series.

The Avs best shot is to finish ahead of Calgary for the #3 seed in the Western Conference. Columbus helped us out last night. Beating St. Louis tonight is a must.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #1666
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
He's out with injury for probably another week.
I know it's going to kill me.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #1667
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2384104

The Boston Bruins, who appear destined to miss the playoffs for the first time in five years, fired general manager Mike O'Connell on Saturday.

TSN of Canada broke the story on its Web site. Assistant general manager Jeff Gorton has been named interim GM of the club.

The Bruins will make a formal announcement at 6 p.m. ET.

With Friday's 4-2 loss to the Devils, the Bruins fell 10 points behind Atlanta for the eighth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot with 11 games to go. The Bruins have lost three straight games and 14 of their last 18.

The Bruins fancied themselves Stanley Cup contenders when O'Connell spent to the edge of the $39 million salary cap for this season.

O'Connell had been under the gun more than coach Mike Sullivan, given that he sold normally frugal owner Jeremy Jacobs on a possible Stanley Cup run with free agents such as Brian Leetch and Alexei Zhamnov.

-----------------------------

I would have thought that him trading Joe Thornton for a bag of magic beans would have been the reason, yet they make absolutely no mention of it.

That's gonna go down as one of the worst trades of all time.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #1668
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2384104

The Boston Bruins, who appear destined to miss the playoffs for the first time in five years, fired general manager Mike O'Connell on Saturday.

TSN of Canada broke the story on its Web site. Assistant general manager Jeff Gorton has been named interim GM of the club.

The Bruins will make a formal announcement at 6 p.m. ET.

With Friday's 4-2 loss to the Devils, the Bruins fell 10 points behind Atlanta for the eighth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot with 11 games to go. The Bruins have lost three straight games and 14 of their last 18.

The Bruins fancied themselves Stanley Cup contenders when O'Connell spent to the edge of the $39 million salary cap for this season.

O'Connell had been under the gun more than coach Mike Sullivan, given that he sold normally frugal owner Jeremy Jacobs on a possible Stanley Cup run with free agents such as Brian Leetch and Alexei Zhamnov.

-----------------------------

I would have thought that him trading Joe Thornton for a bag of magic beans would have been the reason, yet they make absolutely no mention of it.

That's gonna go down as one of the worst trades of all time.

Wow thats wayyyyyyyyyyy overdue.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:08 PM   #1669
Jori
US Olympian

Bruins fans actually have some hope...unless they hire Milbury
Old 03-25-2006, 06:20 PM   #1670
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Colorado Avalanche vs. St Louis Blues

GAME: Colorado Avalanche (38-25-7) at St. Louis Blues (20-37-11).

TIME: Saturday, 8 p.m. EST.

A new era for hockey in St. Louis is about to get under way.

When the Blues take the ice against the reeling Colorado Avalanche, it will be their first game since Dave Checketts and his Sports Capital Partners and Towerbrook Capital Partners announced Friday they were purchasing the team and Savvis Center from current owners Bill and Nancy Laurie.

Checketts, who at 28 was the youngest president of a professional franchise when he ran the Utah Jazz in 1984, later became head of the New York Knicks and Madison Square Garden, which owned the New York Rangers. Checketts' group still needs final approval from the NHL Board of Governors before the sale is complete, but he already is thinking big.

"Next season we will move ahead and begin working toward the ultimate goal of a Stanley Cup championship," Checketts said. "That's what I think is very possible and I want our fans clearly to know that."

The Blues have never won the Stanley Cup since joining the league as part of a six-team expansion at the start of the 1967-68 season, but had the longest active postseason appearance streak in U.S. professional sports at 25 straight seasons.

That run ended Thursday when they were eliminated from postseason contention after their fifth consecutive defeat, 7-2 to Calgary.

"It's one of those nights, the last couple have been," Blues forward Dallas Drake said. "We make a mistake and it ends up in our net. That's just the bottom line. There's no real reason or rhyme for it. They scored on their good opportunities and we haven't even come close."

St. Louis has been outscored 25-7 during its current skid.

Colorado, meanwhile, is looking to make its 11th straight postseason appearance, but is struggling on a five-game road trip.

The Avalanche lost for the third time in four games Wednesday after falling 5-4 in overtime to Anaheim. Colorado squandered a pair of three-goal leads early before Peter Budaj gave up four unanswered goals - capped by Jonathan Hedstrom's penalty shot 1:38 into overtime.

"You can't just sit on a lead and expect to win those games," Colorado forward Ian Laperriere said. "That's what we did, and they came at us pretty hard. We got at least one point, but that's not what we came here for."

The Avalanche are 10-3-3 against the Blues since March 8, 2001.

STANDINGS: Avalanche - 83 points, 2nd place, 3 PB, Northwest Division. Blues - 51 points, 5th place, 51 PB, Central Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Avalanche - Marek Svatos 32 goals; Alex Tanguay, 48 assists and 74 points; Laperriere, 103 PIM. Blues - Scott Young, 16 goals and 45 points; Young and Petr Cajanek, 29 assists; Barret Jackman, 156 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Avalanche - Power play: 19.3 percent (80 for 414), 5th in NHL. Penalty killing: 83.9 percent (327 for 378), 8th. Blues - Power play: 15.4 percent (67 for 435), 25th. Penalty killing: 81.9 percent (326 for 398), 18th.

GOALTENDERS: Avalanche - Budaj (10-8-5, 2 SO, 2.74 GAA); Jose Theodore (17-15-5, 0, 3.46). Blues - Patrick Lalime (4-15-6, 0, 3.71); Reinhard Divis (0-4-0, 0, 5.26).

SEASON SERIES: Avalanche, 2-0.

LAST MEETING: March 7; Avalanche, 2-1 (SO). At St. Louis, Milan Hejduk scored the only shootout goal to give Colorado coach Joel Quenneville his first win in his return to the Savvis Center after the Blues fired him in February 2004.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Avalanche - 17-17-2 on the road; Blues - 11-17-5 at home.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:56 PM   #1671
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Hedjuk out with the flu.....
Old 03-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #1672
Jori
US Olympian

CC is eliminated from the NCAA tourney with a 3-2 loss to Cornell.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:42 PM   #1673
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I cant watch the Av's-Blues game a la Saturday duty..... Ship's comps cant connect to online audio, so I'm stuck with a score sheet.

How the hell did Proapst get a misconduct?
How did we get an abuse of officials penalty?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #1674
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
I cant watch the Av's-Blues game a la Saturday duty..... Ship's comps cant connect to online audio, so I'm stuck with a score sheet.

How the hell did Proapst get a misconduct?
How did we get an abuse of officials penalty?
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...6/GS021053.HTM
Old 03-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #1675
Jori
US Olympian

Matt Carle scores his first professional goal tonight. It was with 17 seconds left in the game and the game was well in hand for the Sharks. San Jose won the game 5-1. Carle played about 10 minutes in his NHL debut.