The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #1601
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,816

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
how did the avs let a 3 goal lead slip away? Well I guess Budaj was brought back to earth in this game.
HELLO AVS FANS! I love the play by play here as the game in person was awesome. Why your team lost and gave up three goals? Try not having a shot on goal in the third for 13 minutes! Not to mention the Great Mighty Ducks had 3 of 5 on the Power play. Nice defense! One point down for 5th. I think 4th is out of reach so here is to 5th. I would love the Ducks to match up against that trader Paul Kariya. Pay Back! I warned you. They are clicking at the right time. Just like 3 years ago. If there is a Avs Ducks match up ( we need to both beat the home advantage teams), we can have a Hockey tailgate in anaheim for those that will travel. ChampBailey24 can even be a Ducks fan since his team is on the verge of tanking it!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #1602
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,763

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Paul Karyia is not a trader.... he choose to sign with Colorado.. and then again he CHOOSE to sign in Nashiville, I wouldent call him a trader.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #1603
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain
 
Breck Bronc's Avatar
 
The Gunslinger

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
HELLO AVS FANS! I love the play by play here as the game in person was awesome. Why your team lost and gave up three goals? Try not having a shot on goal in the third for 13 minutes! Not to mention the Great Mighty Ducks had 3 of 5 on the Power play. Nice defense! One point down for 5th. I think 4th is out of reach so here is to 5th. I would love the Ducks to match up against that trader Paul Kariya. Pay Back! I warned you. They are clicking at the right time. Just like 3 years ago. If there is a Avs Ducks match up ( we need to both beat the home advantage teams), we can have a Hockey tailgate in anaheim for those that will travel. ChampBailey24 can even be a Ducks fan since his team is on the verge of tanking it!
Is Trader Paul Kariya in any way related to Trader Jack McKeon?
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #1604
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,763

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

For some reason, I think he means Traitor....
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:33 PM   #1605
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Ovechkin nets his 45th in the 1st period against Tampa.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #1606
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Ovechkin nets his 45th in the 1st period against Tampa.
He's got 42 assists right now, and Zubrus has 41 points. If that holds, I believe he'd be the first player in NHL history to have the lower of his goals or assists still be more than anyone else on the team has points.

Edit: Another assist along with Zubrus.

So 45-43-88 to 16-26-42

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 03-23-2006 at 07:40 PM..
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:50 PM   #1607
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

And there's his 46th goal of the season.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #1608
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

13 points clear now
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:01 PM   #1609
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
Blake has been everywhere. Lyles plays hard. Skrastins apparently thinks falling on the ice and blocking shots is smart defensive play. Sure do miss the grit of Adam FooteLongNose.
Blake had one lapse last night, and it resulted in an immediate goal. You're right though...he's playing very well. Why not? He's Rob Blake. Liles is a nice young defenseman, and Skrastins is pretty steady. After that the Avs are very weak. I have no idea what Brisbois is still doing in the league...he flat out sucks. Was Sauer even worth getting for Skoula? Clark is what he is.

That's overall a very weak blueline. Add that to the uncertainty in the net, and the Avs are where they are. They can still score goals even with some pretty good players out for the year. Too many lapses, and right now their netminder isn't always bailing them out.

How many games has Foote played this year? I know he missed some time. He plays with a very mean spirit. It was a big blow to let him go. Perhaps even bigger than losing Forsberg.

Last edited by Pendejo; 03-23-2006 at 08:04 PM..
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #1610
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Damn it Caps, lose the game the regulation and don't wait until 40 seconds into OT
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #1611
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Damn it Caps, lose the game the regulation and don't wait until 40 seconds into OT
The Caps have a bright future. They'll be in the conversation again soon. They'd have to really F themselves up for things to turn out otherwise. They've got a franchise player in Ovechkin...a cornerstone...they'll be all right.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #1612
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 36,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Damn it Caps, lose the game the regulation and don't wait until 40 seconds into OT


The Caps hang around long enough to get a point....Exxxxxxccccellent!!

Smithers....how's St. Louis doing? Chicago?

Uh sir, St. Louis is getting raped and Chicago is down a goal.

Dammit! Oh well...we cant afford to beat the Isles tomorrow.
__________________
Its a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh!

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #1613
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

You guys remind me of Rachel Phelps, the Cleveland Indians owner from Major League.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:57 PM   #1614
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
The Caps have a bright future. They'll be in the conversation again soon. They'd have to really F themselves up for things to turn out otherwise. They've got a franchise player in Ovechkin...a cornerstone...they'll be all right.
They need another year or two at the bottom. They've got their offensive cornerstone, but they need at the minimum another F or C to feed/score with Ovechkin and a defensive cornerstone.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:05 PM   #1615
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
They need another year or two at the bottom. They've got their offensive cornerstone, but they need at the minimum another F or C to feed/score with Ovechkin and a defensive cornerstone.
Yes...in the mean time they can't draft high, and make some moves in free agency. They're going to have to be very determined to suck...in order to f*** up what they have with Ovechkin.

To hell with it...it's a team game....for your sake Herc...may the Caps lose their remaining games in the second period.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #1616
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
To hell with it...it's a team game....for your sake Herc...may the Caps lose their remaining games in the second period.
As long as Ovechkin hits 100 points in the process, damn straight.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:56 PM   #1617
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,484
Default

Quite the game going on here between the Oil and Nucks.

Unfortunately those idiot Nucks just won in the SO on a goal by none other than Clodd.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:06 PM   #1618
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,847

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
HELLO AVS FANS! I love the play by play here as the game in person was awesome. Why your team lost and gave up three goals? Try not having a shot on goal in the third for 13 minutes! Not to mention the Great Mighty Ducks had 3 of 5 on the Power play. Nice defense! One point down for 5th. I think 4th is out of reach so here is to 5th. I would love the Ducks to match up against that trader Paul Kariya. Pay Back! I warned you. They are clicking at the right time. Just like 3 years ago. If there is a Avs Ducks match up ( we need to both beat the home advantage teams), we can have a Hockey tailgate in anaheim for those that will travel. ChampBailey24 can even be a Ducks fan since his team is on the verge of tanking it!
screw the ducks, i have been invited to alot of ducks games and I always root against them. Secondly they cant even fill up half the pond. What makes you think a tailgate can be organized.

As for the Avs, I dont like them any better but I do like them when they play against the Red Wings, now there is a team everyone hates. Anyway Kings have their own problems and im praying we got our **** together since we fired Murray. Im intrigued to see how the team plays on Sat. against the preds.

Quote:
"The game Monday night, a lot of guys didn't show up. You can't put that on Andy. They're paid a lot of money to show up. I'm kicking myself and saying I blew it. Every player had better be saying the same thing, but Andy's the only guy paying tonight.

"We as an organization have to do better. It's inexcusable. I don't blame our fans for being frustrated. I think what fans will see is that winning is what we're demanding. Losing is not acceptable."
No **** i was calling out the players for not playing with intensity. Hopefully we will get our crap together, if not then Taylor is getting the axe.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:34 PM   #1619
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,484
Default

The Great Mighty Ducks. There are some words that just don't go together.

Yeah, I must say the Ducks fan base is very much on the lame end. There were quite a few empty seats in there, not as bad as the Blues that I saw tonight though. Yikes.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:19 AM   #1620
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,816

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
Paul Karyia is not a trader.... he choose to sign with Colorado.. and then again he CHOOSE to sign in Nashiville, I wouldent call him a trader.
He is a trader to us Ducks fans as he went on about how "we" were going to come back and take it a step further, etc. during the fan rally after the 7th game loss. He then promptly bailed out to the AVS. We would have taken him back this year to be with his friend Selanne, but choose to go to that mecca of sports fanatics, Nashville. He was with the Ducks since there 2nd year and was everything we had (Selanne later). He could of been Carl Yaz of Baseball or Elway of football being a town hero and staying in one spot. He gave us hope for the future then turned his back on us. Yes, he is a trader in my eyes.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:51 AM   #1621
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,847

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
The Great Mighty Ducks. There are some words that just don't go together.

Yeah, I must say the Ducks fan base is very much on the lame end. There were quite a few empty seats in there, not as bad as the Blues that I saw tonight though. Yikes.
The only games I saw personally at the Pond was the Red Wings awhile ago and all the Kings game. They sell out when the Kings show up at the Pond and the Red Wing fans come out to the Pond in large numbers. The rest of the games ive been to the Pond isnt even half-full.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:39 AM   #1622
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,816

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
The only games I saw personally at the Pond was the Red Wings awhile ago and all the Kings game. They sell out when the Kings show up at the Pond and the Red Wing fans come out to the Pond in large numbers. The rest of the games ive been to the Pond isnt even half-full.
You are so full of it. They had over 15k last night out of 17174. Earlier this year it was around 13 to 14k. Yes, Kings draw better. Maybe with the success of the Angels people are paying more attention to baseball even though both leagues dont over lap that much. Attendance is up almost everywhere. The passion for hockey here isnt what it was. But, dont give me the half full crap. You're just an angry Kings fan. The only remedy for you is more cowbell.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:17 AM   #1623
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Am I wrong? Didn't Anaheim CHOOSE to not qualify Kariya after the 02-03 season, thus making him an unrestricted free agent? You live by the sword...you die by the sword. We know there is a fine line when it comes to loyalty in sports, but Anaheim took a chance that Kariya would stay for less money and it back-fired. If that makes him a traitor, then there are lots of traitors in sports.

I'm willing to guess that Kariya will get the Rob Blake treatment tonight in Anaheim. Should be a good game tonight. A nice night cap after all the great college hockey games this afternoon.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:55 AM   #1624
Tredici
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Am I wrong? Didn't Anaheim CHOOSE to not qualify Kariya after the 02-03 season, thus making him an unrestricted free agent? You live by the sword...you die by the sword. We know there is a fine line when it comes to loyalty in sports, but Anaheim took a chance that Kariya would stay for less money and it back-fired. If that makes him a traitor, then there are lots of traitors in sports.

I'm willing to guess that Kariya will get the Rob Blake treatment tonight in Anaheim. Should be a good game tonight. A nice night cap after all the great college hockey games this afternoon.
Please do not confuse educated fans with the details....
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #1625
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Am I wrong? Didn't Anaheim CHOOSE to not qualify Kariya after the 02-03 season, thus making him an unrestricted free agent? You live by the sword...you die by the sword. We know there is a fine line when it comes to loyalty in sports, but Anaheim took a chance that Kariya would stay for less money and it back-fired. If that makes him a traitor, then there are lots of traitors in sports.

I'm willing to guess that Kariya will get the Rob Blake treatment tonight in Anaheim. Should be a good game tonight. A nice night cap after all the great college hockey games this afternoon.

You jori are correct...
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Denver Broncos