The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2006, 01:08 AM   #1576
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Hey, I was just wondering how Luongo is workin out for you guys?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. You were just sure your Kings were going to land him, remember.
Panthers pulled out of the deal, it was a nice offer. Bunch of prospects and Garon for Luongo. We will try and get him in the off-season again since we can pay him what he wants.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:11 AM   #1577
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Panthers pulled out of the deal, it was a nice offer. Bunch of prospects and Garon for Luongo. We will try and get him in the off-season again since we can pay him what he wants.

Iam hopin luongo #1 and theodore #2 both on the avs.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:17 AM   #1578
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Iam hopin luongo #1 and theodore #2 both on the avs.
couldnt afford both. I dont know how much Theo makes but I understand it is alot. Luongo is looking for the big payday and the Kings can offer that kind of payday.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:20 AM   #1579
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I think Haynes is a germophobe. Did you all hear him freaking out over the guy just grabbing the new whistle and putting it straight in his mouth?

It was darn funny to listen to him panicking over it.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:20 AM   #1580
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Keep enjoying those 3 early season wins. Maybe one day the Kings will give a painting depicting one of those victories over Colorado to Mathieu Garon when he retires. Kind of like giving Adam Deadmarsh a painting of your only playoff series win in over a decade.
when you give joe sakic a painting, he will probably be in a Quebec Nordiques jersey since thats where the avs are from.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:32 AM   #1581
ClevelandBronco

Quote:
I dont know how much Theo makes…
4.5 million.

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/Player...hy.asp?ID=5574
ClevelandBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:53 AM   #1582
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Blake had a great game tonight. Can't blame a lot on him.
Yeah. Unfortunately his only mistake wound up right on Niedemayer's (sp?) stick and thus found the twine.

The Avs just didn't have any jump or play with any type of a frenzy after Turgeon's goal. The Ducks had a lot more energy. The positive is they did get a point out of this debacle. The negative is that on this three game California swing they've scored 14 goals...but only managed to take 3 of a possible 6 points. Good thing the Kings are inept. The two points resulting from that stomping are important.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:00 AM   #1583
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

They looked like the early season Avs out there tonight. Build a nice lead and then watch it vanish before their very eyes.

At least they salvaged a point out of it.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:41 AM   #1584
Jori
US Olympian

Don't expect Luongo to go anywhere. All Luongo wanted was the Panthers to show that they had a committment to winning and they did that by resigning Jokinen.

Budaj is too up and down. Other then the two wins in a row against Chicago and Calgary he's either shut you out or gave up five plus goals. Yet, he isn't to blame if the Avs miss the playoffs, it's Lacroix and Quenneville who couldn't get Aebischer out of Denver fast enough. To be so arrogant and thinking it will be easy to make the playoffs with two rookies in a tight Western Conference.

If Theo's contact wasn't so hideous, the Avs would have been able to make some major changes on the blueline this summmer (which it needs to do). How the coaching staff thinks that Breezeby playing on the PK is a good idea is beyond me.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:37 AM   #1585
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
when you give joe sakic a painting, he will probably be in a Quebec Nordiques jersey since thats where the avs are from.
You're right. And Martin Brodeur will get one with him in a Colorado Rockies jersey (And Kobe in a Minneapolis Lakers and Gagne in a Brooklyn Dodgers jersey, etc).
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #1586
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

truly a schizo performance from the avs. thought they had turned the corner defensively with that shutout.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #1587
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Isn't that what Deadmarsh should've been wearing?

Brilliant.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #1588
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

<cough><cough> the avs choke on a Duck last night

ugh!

go nugs
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #1589
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Don't expect Luongo to go anywhere. All Luongo wanted was the Panthers to show that they had a committment to winning and they did that by resigning Jokinen.

Budaj is too up and down. Other then the two wins in a row against Chicago and Calgary he's either shut you out or gave up five plus goals. Yet, he isn't to blame if the Avs miss the playoffs, it's Lacroix and Quenneville who couldn't get Aebischer out of Denver fast enough. To be so arrogant and thinking it will be easy to make the playoffs with two rookies in a tight Western Conference.

If Theo's contact wasn't so hideous, the Avs would have been able to make some major changes on the blueline this summmer (which it needs to do). How the coaching staff thinks that Breezeby playing on the PK is a good idea is beyond me.
Budaj plays exactly like what he is right now. A kid who has the ability to be a decent backup. He might develop into someone who can take the net every night in the future but it's obvious he isn't ready.

When does that 28 days expire? I think we may see a remarkable recovery from Jose in conjunction with that timing.....
Old 03-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #1590
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia
<cough><cough> the avs choke on a Duck last night

ugh!

go nugs
I know! Flip, flip, flip between channels. Fun. Fun. Fun. Suddenly it looks tense on both fronts. But the Nugs pull it out and the Avs? Score 14 goals in three games and come away with 3 points. The natural order of things are shifting...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:08 AM   #1591
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
I know! Flip, flip, flip between channels. Fun. Fun. Fun. Suddenly it looks tense on both fronts. But the Nugs pull it out and the Avs? Score 14 goals in three games and come away with 3 points. The natural order of things are shifting...
I'm afraid so....thank god the avs are only 1 point out of 1st, but why does it feel like I'm watching a last place team all the time?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #1592
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
couldnt afford both. I dont know how much Theo makes but I understand it is alot. Luongo is looking for the big payday and the Kings can offer that kind of payday.

I was joking..
Old 03-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #1593
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Budaj plays exactly like what he is right now. A kid who has the ability to be a decent backup. He might develop into someone who can take the net every night in the future but it's obvious he isn't ready.

When does that 28 days expire? I think we may see a remarkable recovery from Jose in conjunction with that timing.....
i thought budaj was a good goalie when i saw him play. He was lights out IMO and he is a solid young goalie. He is a rookie so he is getting better everyday and in time should be a solid goalie.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:03 PM   #1594
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

it takes a while for goalies to get there
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #1595
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Which is why I say right now his ability level is as a solid backup. He's not ready to take the net every night.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:47 PM   #1596
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Good Gawd! watch this fight......

http://www.ericmcerlain.com/offwingo...ves/005905.php

Here's what Tasker had to say after the fight:

The one thing I remember the most about this fight was that I was thinking to myself (when I was punching him): I am hitting this guy as hard and as fast as I can and he's not dropping. It was like hitting a wooden post and it just wouldn't budge. The final part of the fight I got some combos going and some rhythm and was lucky enough to end up putting him down. It was fantastic for me, because I was the home town guy and my folks were there too.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #1597
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Tim Leiweke

I take it Tim is pi**ed....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...ck=1&cset=true

The Kings long ago stopped listening to Andy Murray. He'd worn them out, pushing them past the point at which they paid attention to his fiery speeches or the strategy sheets and inspirational messages he'd slip under their hotel room doors.

But Tim Leiweke, the Kings' chief executive, on Tuesday issued a message they cannot ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT
Play hard. Play with pride. Make the playoffs, or be gone.

And that applies as much to General Manager Dave Taylor as to any player.

On the day Taylor fired Murray, the day the Kings slipped out of a playoff spot, Taylor became the next figure on the firing line.

And don't think Leiweke will hesitate to pull the trigger if the Kings can't climb past Vancouver or the Mighty Ducks and salvage something from this sour season.

Taylor gave Murray enough time to find new ways to deliver his message after nearly seven seasons. He could not.

Taylor gave him time to revamp a poorly organized power play — please, no more dump-and-chase with a man advantage — but Murray, sometimes too ostentatious about his hard work and long hours, never found time to fix that crucial element. Nor did Murray take the power-play portfolio away from assistant John Van Boxmeer, who lacked creativity and vision and was also fired.

Taylor, and by extension Leiweke, gave Murray more time and resources than any King coach before him, but the wait for the Stanley Cup is 38 years and counting.

"It's probably the right decision, but in part, shame on the players," Leiweke said by telephone from New York, where he was tending to business involving another tentacle of the AEG empire.

"Shame on Jeremy Roenick for not sticking his nose in every night. Shame on the players who laid Andy out to dry. They'd better perform now.

"Dave had no choice. I'm not saying Andy did everything right, because he didn't. But it wasn't a lack of effort on his part. I want every player to look in the mirror, and only a few can say they gave 100%. We've got 12 games left and now what this does is it sends a message to Dave and everybody that we're not going to accept losing. You want to blame Andy? Andy's gone. I'm very curious to see what they say now."

Leiweke said he apologized to owner Phil Anschutz, who bought the Kings a decade ago merely to get a foothold into the Los Angeles real estate market and has since absorbed losses of about $250 million on a club that has won one playoff series during his tenure. Although the Kings may be little more than a tool for Anschutz, they have deeper meaning to Leiweke. He's tied to them emotionally, and although he's not as involved in day-to-day operations as he was initially, he can't sever that connection.

He's not shy about expressing his feelings and he might not be politically correct, but Leiweke authorized the investment of serious money into building the farm system Taylor wanted. He trusted Taylor. The question is whether Taylor deserves it.

Maybe Taylor should have dismissed Murray sooner, and that will go on the minus side of the ledger if the Kings can't recover in the next 12 games. So too will Taylor's errors in judging players, the area in which he, as a former player, is supposed to be an expert. The list includes Roman Cechmanek, Roenick, Anson Carter and, perhaps, Mark Parrish. Throw in Olli Jokinen, maybe. And not retaining Rob Blake, Mathieu Schneider or Philippe Boucher, who have energized power plays in Colorado, Detroit and Dallas, respectively. How many more mistakes is Taylor entitled to make?

Perhaps he and Murray made too many errors for the Kings to regroup this season. Leiweke had promised that it would be a good one.

The Kings, he said, could compete on equal footing with the rest of the league because of the new economic system, and because years of investing in a farm system had finally produced results. But a fast start has faded to a horrible end, and Leiweke said he's not willing to accept injuries as an excuse.

Nor should he.

"Our fans deserve better. I failed them miserably and I apologize," he said. "I think our team's burned out. I'm not saying Andy was perfect. He wasn't. But he's not the guy you put all of our problems on.

"The game Monday night, a lot of guys didn't show up. You can't put that on Andy. They're paid a lot of money to show up. I'm kicking myself and saying I blew it. Every player had better be saying the same thing, but Andy's the only guy paying tonight.

"We as an organization have to do better. It's inexcusable. I don't blame our fans for being frustrated. I think what fans will see is that winning is what we're demanding. Losing is not acceptable."

Taylor insisted that the Kings "can get things turned around from now to the end of the year."

If not, it's his job.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #1598
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Which is why I say right now his ability level is as a solid backup. He's not ready to take the net every night.
Absolutely correct.

Although I think it goes without saying that the Av's defense as a whole isn't ready to take the ice every night.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #1599
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

line up for the fire sale!
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #1600
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Absolutely correct.

Although I think it goes without saying that the Av's defense as a whole isn't ready to take the ice every night.
Blake has been everywhere. Lyles plays hard. Skrastins apparently thinks falling on the ice and blocking shots is smart defensive play. Sure do miss the grit of Adam FooteLongNose.