The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #1526
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Wow. Didn't see that one coming. During the home stretch of the season while the team is in the thick of the playoff hunt too.
Yeah...that's odd. I think he had some problems with players...I know for sure he didn't get along with Avery...somehow I doubt that Avery is a coach killer though. Talent wise the Kings are pretty much where they should be. This is weird.

Didn't Murray come to the Kings from a prep school?
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:26 PM   #1527
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I'd be surprised if anyone got along with that jackoff. Avery, that is.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:27 PM   #1528
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
We are down 3-1 to Ottawa right now.
Thank God. We cant afford to win this game with Herc's boys and St. Louis losing last night.
You guys so do not deserve to pick in the first 3 this year
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #1529
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I think neither of your teams do.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #1530
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
I'd be surprised if anyone got along with that jackoff. Avery, that is.
Yeah. I dislike that guy a great deal. Not the same way that I disliked Darren McCarty when he was with the wings, but in the way I feel about my ex-girlfriend's mother.

It was nice to see Hinote beat him upside his head a bit last night. It's just too bad that Hinote doesn't have any apparent punching power because he tagged him pretty square a few times. Then again perhaps the miscarriage that is Avery just has a hard head.

Every time he takes the ice he's only a stride or two away from a stupid penalty.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #1531
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Maybe the Avs should instead? That would be fair to all involved.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:32 PM   #1532
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
You guys so do not deserve to pick in the first 3 this year
Top 3?

Im going to be fuming if we blow it and arent guaranteed the 2nd pick at worst.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-21-2006 at 09:45 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:33 PM   #1533
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Maybe the Avs should instead? That would be fair to all involved.
Your catchin on here, Herc.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #1534
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Every time he takes the ice he's only a stride or two away from a stupid penalty.
That's the beauty of him....unless he's on your team of course.

Since when did Cheechoo sneak up the goal leaders charts? I had no clue he had that many goals! He's tied with Kovalchuk for 3rd.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #1535
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

The Chokes win.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:40 PM   #1536
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Since when did Cheechoo sneak up the goal leaders charts?
Since Thornton started feeding him the puck
Old 03-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #1537
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

That's quite a tandem they've got going there.

Hey Herc, since your boy wears a tinted visor...what is the reasoning behind it? I've seen Nash wear a yellow tinted one and a few others around the league with the plain tints.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:45 PM   #1538
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

I haven't seen a reason, I'd guess just to be different
Old 03-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #1539
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

Darren Tourcotte (of the Rangers back in the 90's) wore a tinted visor, so did Theo Fleury....they did it to be different and they thought it shielded their eyes from the goalie...
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:03 PM   #1540
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
What a flavor clown . Man, I hate that saying.

I'm glad to see Andy Murray gone. I've disliked the guy since the 2001 playoffs. He and Bob Hartley had some memorable battles in the press during the '01 and '02 playoffs. I enjoyed Hartley making fun of Murray's height in 2002.

http://web.dailycamera.com/sports/ho.../28sanote.html

When asked what the exchange was about after the game, however, Hartley answered: "I can't even understand your question. You can listen to the radio, watch TV, read the papers and it's 'Andy, Andy, Andy,' all the time. He's the guy that gets the most coverage in the first round. You guys should focus on (Joe) Sakic, on (Rob) Blake, (Patrick) Roy, (Felix) Potvin, (Bryan) Smolinski, (Jason) Allison and (Ziggy) Palffy. Even his players are fully aware of this. I have no energy to even waste."

When prompted again about Murray, Hartley responded with, "Like I said, my parents always taught me not to waste time on four-foot-six guys. There's no sense even wasting time."
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #1541
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

I think all Avalanche fans should take a few minutes to peruse letsgokings.com. Back in 2001 and 2002 this site was headquarters for anti-Colorado smack. They were adamant that the Kings "won" the Blake trade.

The threads this morning before Murray's firing were great, now they're even better after Murray got the boot. Here's a hilarious thread on the gifts Deadmarsh received last night from the Kings and Avs (and some much deserved criticism for those who booed Sakic):

http://www.letsgokings.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=25633

Aaron Miller is in their doghouse right now, but 4 years ago he was supposedly better than Rob Blake. They're not too fond of Jeremy Roenick, either .
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:57 AM   #1542
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

booing Blake (he didnt leave he was traded) is like Broncos fans booing Romo after we didnt sign him. Yes he went to Faiderville but he didnt leave because of money. Blake deserves class from Kings fans. He gave a ton to that franchise.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:13 AM   #1543
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
What a flavor clown . Man, I hate that saying.

I'm glad to see Andy Murray gone. I've disliked the guy since the 2001 playoffs. He and Bob Hartley had some memorable battles in the press during the '01 and '02 playoffs. I enjoyed Hartley making fun of Murray's height in 2002.

http://web.dailycamera.com/sports/ho.../28sanote.html

When asked what the exchange was about after the game, however, Hartley answered: "I can't even understand your question. You can listen to the radio, watch TV, read the papers and it's 'Andy, Andy, Andy,' all the time. He's the guy that gets the most coverage in the first round. You guys should focus on (Joe) Sakic, on (Rob) Blake, (Patrick) Roy, (Felix) Potvin, (Bryan) Smolinski, (Jason) Allison and (Ziggy) Palffy. Even his players are fully aware of this. I have no energy to even waste."

When prompted again about Murray, Hartley responded with, "Like I said, my parents always taught me not to waste time on four-foot-six guys. There's no sense even wasting time."
yeah reminded me of Melrose and Pat Burns going at it in the 93 playoffs. Anyway I knew murray would get the axe but not during the season and not when we are in the middle of a hunt. Major Shakeup indeed.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:39 AM   #1544
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
We are down 3-1 to Ottawa right now.
Thank God. We cant afford to win this game with Herc's boys and St. Louis losing last night.

haha, no doubt man.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:13 AM   #1545
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Yeah...that's odd. I think he had some problems with players...I know for sure he didn't get along with Avery...somehow I doubt that Avery is a coach killer though. Talent wise the Kings are pretty much where they should be. This is weird.

Didn't Murray come to the Kings from a prep school?

The kings are just using the scapegoat method, remember when we fired hartley? is wasn't his fault the team was playing poorly but methods like this motivate teams. Problem is somebody gets their neck chopped in the the process.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:16 AM   #1546
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
That's the beauty of him....unless he's on your team of course.

Since when did Cheechoo sneak up the goal leaders charts? I had no clue he had that many goals! He's tied with Kovalchuk for 3rd.

Cheechoo has having his best year ever the media is just stating to catch on that's why it's been so quit.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #1547
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Part of it is that Vancouver simply is not as good as advertised. They never really have been. For some reason they've been considered amongst the league's elite teams despite the fact that they've won a grand total of one playoff series since their run to the Finals in '94.

Their goaltending is average at best even with a healthy Cloutier. They take far too many dumb penalties. Their stars have a habit of coming up small when the chips are down.

This really shouldn't come as any surprise and nothing will please me more than to see them headed for the golf course when the playoffs start.
I'm just glad to see there is some sense of reason. Whining about a clean hit which happens when you are vet skating throught the nuetral zone with your head down, inflaming the fan base about the incident to sell a couple more tickets, ignoring the rules of engagement, and eventually pile driving a guy's head into the ice ending his career are all acceptable and defendable behaviours. But losing 6 out of 7? Well, there you go.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #1548
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wow! Do my eyes deceive me?! Tred!! It's about freakin time!

It was a very cool ceremony, wasn't it? His cheapshot comment just made the whole thing.
To me the most disturbing part of the whole ceremony was Aaron Miller's hair. WTF?
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #1549
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
To me the most disturbing part of the whole ceremony was Aaron Miller's hair. WTF?
Tell me about it...blond hair doesn't work for everybody Millsie
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:52 PM   #1550
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Colorado Avalanche vs. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

GAME: Colorado Avalanche (38-25-6) at Anaheim Mighty Ducks (34-21-12).

TIME: Wednesday, 10:30 p.m. EST.

Colorado Avalanche center Joe Sakic has been moving his way up the NHL's all-time scoring list while trying to make sure his team doesn't drop in the playoff race. He might have to step up even more with the team's leading scorer sidelined.

Sakic looks to help the Avalanche remain ahead of Anaheim in the Western Conference standings when they visit the Mighty Ducks without the injured Alex Tanguay.

Tanguay, who leads the Avalanche with 74 points, including 26 goals, sprained his right knee during the first period of Sunday's 6-5 loss at San Jose. The team said Tuesday that tests revealed no further damage to the knee, and Tanguay is expected be out two-to-four weeks.

Sakic picked up a season-best four points Monday with two goals and two assists in Colorado's 5-0 win over Los Angeles. Sakic's first goal gave him 1,468 career points, moving him past Stan Mikita and into sole possession of 11th place on the all-time list.

His first assist, on Ian Laperriere's second-period goal, moved him past Bryan Trottier for 15th all time with 902.

"It's kind of nice, but I don't think I'm passing anybody else for a while," said Sakic, whose two goals came in a five-minute span in the first period. "I appreciate every moment that it happens."

Perhaps more importantly, Sakic's impressive night helped fifth-place Colorado end a two-game slide and remain two points ahead of the surging Mighty Ducks in the conference standings.

"We need every point we can get right now," Laperriere said. "We knew we needed a huge start. We just kept coming at them. That's one thing we weren't doing at the very beginning. We would take a good start and just maybe sit back, but tonight we went for 60 minutes."

Sakic, who ranks second on the team with 26 goals, 43 assists and 69 points, has four goals and four assists in his last four games.

"That's Joe Sakic. He's been carrying this team for years," Laperriere said. "When it's crucial time, that's where your captain shows up. He's been like that for weeks right now. He knows the games are so important."

The Mighty Ducks kept pace with their third straight win Monday, 2-1 over the Pacific Division-leading Dallas Stars. Samuel Pahlsson scored the tiebreaker with 3:15 left and helped keep Dallas' high-scoring centers Mike Modano and Jason Arnott without a point.

"He's a pro," coach Randy Carlyle said. "That's what he's here for ... (he's) capable of doing those things."

Anaheim, which won for the sixth time in seven games, wrapped up a 3-1-0 road trip.

"We're finding ways to win right now and that's the sign of a good team," goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere said. "We battled and battled after we fell behind. We used to hang our heads when we got down. Now we work even harder. The way we came back at the end, you can't call that fortunate."

Anaheim has lost five of its last seven meetings with Colorado, including both this season.

STANDINGS: Avalanche - 82 points, 2nd place, 2 PB, Northwest Division. Mighty Ducks - 80 points, 2nd place, 13 PB, Pacific Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Avalanche - Marek Svatos, 32 goals; Tanguay, 48 assists and 74 points; Laperriere, 103 PIM. Mighty Ducks - Teemu Selanne, 29 goals and 65 points; Scott Niedermayer, 44 assists; Todd Fedoruk, 147 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Avalanche - Power play: 19.2 percent (79 for 411), 5th in NHL. Penalty killing: 84.4 percent (315 for 373), 7th. Mighty Ducks - Power play: 16.4 percent (65 for 397), 21st. Penalty killing: 84.3 percent (359 for 426), 8th.

GOALTENDERS: Avalanche - Peter Budaj (10-8-4, 2 SO, 2.64 GAA); Vitaly Kolesnik (3-3-0, 3.29). Mighty Ducks - Giguere (22-10-11, 2, 2.53); Ilya Bryzgalov (12-11-1, 1, 2.58).

SEASON SERIES: Avalanche, 2-0.

LAST MEETING: Nov. 18; Avalanche, 3-2. At Anaheim, Calif., Svatos scored the game-winner with 5:58 left and Sakic had two assists.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Avalanche - 17-17-1 on the road; Mighty Ducks - 20-9-5 at home.