The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2006, 05:22 AM   #1476
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
It was great to see Deadmarsh, so what if he has added a few chins
I'll bet he's still in better playing shape than Keith Tkachuk was when he showed up at Blues camp a few months back.

But still, the guys career got cut short, who could begrudge him a few extra slices of pie?

A couple of things I noticed. First, Deader's wife is a butter face (don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick her out of the sack, just an observation). Second, do the Avs have a warehouse full of that painting that they gave him? It seems like that's the same one they give everyone at every ceremony for every occasion. Patrick Roy has to have at least three of them.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:46 AM   #1477
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

15 games left, 3 at home and 12 on the road with most of them almost all against playoff teams or teams competing for playoff spots. Hello 2nd worst record.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:52 AM   #1478
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
15 games left, 3 at home and 12 on the road with most of them almost all against playoff teams or teams competing for playoff spots. Hello 2nd worst record.
And hello Phil Kessel.

Old 03-21-2006, 05:54 AM   #1479
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Or EJ if they win the Lottery or Staal if someone jumps ahead of them. Any of those 3 are fine with me.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:55 AM   #1480
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Or EJ or Staal. Any of those 3 are fine with me.
Jonathon Toews wouldn't be a bad choice either. I saw a bit of him this year and he looks like a stud in the making.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #1481
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

hey the pens are right 'down' there....

i'm not sure WHO'D they would take, we have lots of young D - and if they want immediate help, they'd go with a forward.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #1482
MajikMan7
Ring of Famer

Alando 'National TV' Tucker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Plummer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=frei_terry&id=2371146

Report: Gretzky Not Man Enough To Bet On Football

PHOENIX--When Wayne Gretzky’s wife, Janet Jones, was accused of betting thousands of dollars on professional football, many wondered if Gretzky himself was involved as well. However, a report today in The Arizona Republic appears to have cleared Gretzky of any involvement, claiming that he is way too much of a p***Y to do something as cool as betting on football.

According to sources cited in the report, Gretzky is “not even man enough to buy a scratch ticket.”

“I can tell you that Wayne is one hundred percent innocent,” the source claimed. “This guy is speaking the truth. I’ve been associated with him for many years and there is no bigger p***Y on earth than Wayne Gretzky. It takes balls to bet on football, especially the huge amount of money his wife was betting. That lady has the courage of ten men, unlike her husband, who would shrink in fear from a game of bingo.”

The source also called Gretzky “wishy-washy” and claimed that he warned his wife against betting several times.

“Whenever she wanted to bet on a game, he would be like ‘Honey, it’s wrong to wager on sports. Money doesn’t grow on trees, you know,’ like he was her father or something. Then she would roll her eyes and tell him to live a little. I mean it’s not like he isn’t swimming in cash. If I was him I’d be betting on everything - except for his own team, of course. Those guys are horrible.”

Hours after the report was published, Gretzky’s attorney told reporters that it was “one hundred percent accurate” and that his client should not be under any suspicion for gambling.

“This report is true. We agree with everything claimed by these sources,” said attorney Ron Fujikawa. “Simply put, gambling large sums of money is not consistent with Wayne’s personality. He’s a family man, a man of conviction and integrity that would never participate in something so illegal and dangerous. He’s a pillar of the community. He ‘s never been in an ounce of trouble his whole life. In other words, he’s a colossal bore.”

The new evidence seems to support Gretzky’s statement that he never gambled on sports, despite the fact that his assistant coach, Rick Tocchet, is charged with operating a large gambling ring that also involved his wife. Since the allegations were made, several of Gretzky’s friends and associates have come to his defense, including some of his players on the Phoenix Coyotes.

“I know Wayne and he would never do something like this,” said goalie Curtis Joseph, during a telephone interview. “It breaks my heart to see his name being dragged through the mud. This is a guy who goes through his whole life not having one ounce of fun or breaking any rules, and now he’s being questioned like he’s some kind of criminal. Sorry, but his only crime is being married to a woman who really, really liked the Steelers last week.”

Some in the media aren’t buying the latest alibi from the Gretzky camp, however. Some are even accusing the Great One of a cover up in order to protect himself from prosecution.

“I’m not buying all this ‘he’s not man enough’ B.S.,” said Jay Mariotti on Around the Horn. “Just think, if he really did bet on sports, this would be the biggest scandal in NHL history. This could bring down the whole league, and totally tarnish Gretzky’s legacy. Granted there is no evidence that he committed any crimes or placed any bets, but it’s really fun to think and talk about anyway. So let’s just pretend he did, OK?”

Hours later, Around the Horn producers announced that they will devote the next week of broadcasts to pretending that Wayne Gretzky is a gambling addict and that the scandal will rock the sports world.
MajikMan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #1483
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default NHL agrees on new contract with officials

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2377203

TORONTO -- The NHL announced a new four-year labor agreement with the league's on-ice officials Monday.

Referees and linesmen ratified the extension Friday. The deal was first agreed to in late December but needed to be passed by both sides. The NHL's board of governors unanimously voted in favor of it last month.

The deal will pay first-year refs $136,000, with a maximum of $290,000 for veterans. First-year linesmen will be paid $95,000, with the most experienced earning up to $190,000.

Also part of the contract is a stipulation for mandatory helmets for all on-ice officials starting next season and mandatory visors for all incoming refs and linesman in 2007-08.

Will frazier have to cover his pretty hair?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:34 PM   #1484
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2377203

TORONTO -- The NHL announced a new four-year labor agreement with the league's on-ice officials Monday.

Referees and linesmen ratified the extension Friday. The deal was first agreed to in late December but needed to be passed by both sides. The NHL's board of governors unanimously voted in favor of it last month.

The deal will pay first-year refs $136,000, with a maximum of $290,000 for veterans. First-year linesmen will be paid $95,000, with the most experienced earning up to $190,000.

Also part of the contract is a stipulation for mandatory helmets for all on-ice officials starting next season and mandatory visors for all incoming refs and linesman in 2007-08.

Will frazier have to cover his pretty hair?

No. He has a natural helmet. So I think he's good.

Also. A great win for the Avs last night. They were flying around the ice. Hinote started the night off perfectly by getting the better of that anus lesion Sean Avery. Sakic's first goal was a beauty, and you knew then that the Avs were getting the bounces. Budaj went all Irbe on us and was "Like wall." Add to that the great ceremony for Deader before the game. It's a shame he had to get off the ice so early. He was living up to his potential with the Kings. While in Colorado he was a very good player...in L.A. he became a legit upper echelon power foward. It just ended too soon.

Time to go hunting for some duck.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #1485
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Tanguay reportedly out 2 to 4 weeks with a knee sprain. Damn, damn, damn. Sakic and Hejduk are going to have to keep up their hot streaks.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:13 PM   #1486
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

whats the season series between the kings vs avs?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:20 PM   #1487
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
3-1 kings....you knew the answer didn't you
Old 03-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #1488
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Tanguay reportedly out 2 to 4 weeks with a knee sprain. Damn, damn, damn. Sakic and Hejduk are going to have to keep up their hot streaks.
Offical link
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159527&hubname=

ENVER (Ticker) -- If the Colorado Avalanche hope to win the Northwest Division, they may have to do so without leading scorer Alex Tanguay.

The Avalanche on Tuesday learned that Tanguay will be sidelined up to four weeks with a sprained right knee.

Tanguay, 26, suffered the injury in the first period of Colorado's 6-5 loss to the San Jose Sharks on Sunday. An MRI on Tuesday revealed no serious structural damage.

An All-Star in 2004, Tanguay has 26 goals and a team-leading 48 assists in 67 games this season.

Tanguay's injury could not have come at a worse time for the Avalanche (38-25-6), who trail the first-place Calgary Flames by two points in the division standings.

Colorado will already be without rookie sensation and leading goal scorer Marek Svatos, who is out for the remainder of the season with a fractured right shoulder.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #1489
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
3-1 kings....you knew the answer didn't you
yeah i had the broom waiting, oh well maybe ill take the broom out for the playoffs! Hope the canucks choke again tonight.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:50 PM   #1490
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Yeah...the Kings are up 3-1 in the season series...but are once again looking up in the standings at the Avs. Every year it's the same thing with the Kings. They whine about injuries...this year is no different...and end their season with a whimper. The Kings' window was slammed shut in '93 when Marty McSorely's stick was found to be illegal. They've been also rans ever since. Their team's highpoint in the past 13 years was upsetting Detroit in the playoffs, and of course then losing to a better team and eventual Stanley Cup champion soon thereafter.

They're less of a threat to win the cup than the Avs, and of course the Ottawa Senators...the latter team has taken the concept of the postseason choke to astronimical heights, on what in recent history has been a yearly basis.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 02:56 PM   #1491
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
yeah i had the broom waiting, oh well maybe ill take the broom out for the playoffs! Hope the canucks choke again tonight.
Ehhh they are both about the same point wise i don't care who wins that one probably lean towards the nucks though.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #1492
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Yeah...the Kings are up 3-1 in the season series...but are once again looking up in the standings at the Avs. Every year it's the same thing with the Kings. They whine about injuries...this year is no different...and end their season with a whimper. The Kings' window was slammed shut in '93 when Marty McSorely's stick was found to be illegal. They've been also rans ever since. Their team's highpoint in the past 13 years was upsetting Detroit in the playoffs, and of course then losing to a better team and eventual Stanley Cup champion soon thereafter.

They're less of a threat to win the cup than the Avs, and of course the Ottawa Senators...the latter team has taken the concept of the postseason choke to astronimical heights, on what in recent history has been a yearly basis.
holy crap, av fans were whining about injuries this year, if only we had ( insert player name) we would be contenders. Injuries are part of the game and I have no problem with it. Just when Frolov and Demitra come back we are a way better team.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #1493
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Ehhh they are both about the same point wise i don't care who wins that one probably lean towards the nucks though.
waiiit a av fan leaning towards the nucks? that isnt right...
Old 03-21-2006, 03:18 PM   #1494
Tredici
Ring of Famer

If you looked closely at Deader, his body didn't appear much bigger. His face looked puffy to me. Kind of inclined to think he is still on some type of steroid regiment for the brain.

And - His wife was right behind him. NOT the overly oranged tanned with white bleached blonde hair woman towards the back. That may have been some family member but his wife is normal looking.

Can't believe those twins are 5 years old...

No one went to the net - and owned it like Deadmarsh.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:19 PM   #1495
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

i dunno, dino cicerreli did a nice job
Old 03-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #1496
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
i dunno, dino cicerreli did a nice job
I should've qualified. No one wearingan Av uniform has ever come close to parking themselves as an immovable object in the crease like Deader.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #1497
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
I should've qualified. No one wearingan Av uniform has ever come close to parking themselves as an immovable object in the crease like Deader.
I love you Tred.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #1498
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

considering your hate for hockey, i'd say that this is stalking....
Old 03-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #1499
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Alec's full of it. He never calls. He never writes. He never sends flowers....
Old 03-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #1500
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

well tred -

being a woman, i'm sure the best thing you wear is your smile.

(i get a smile for that all the time, i use variations of course)