The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2006, 11:02 PM   #1451
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Nucks getting killed 6-3 in the 3rd.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #1452
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Tonight was almost a total disaster. Only the Wings helped us vs. Vancouver.

I don't care how poorly Budaj played, the Avs deserved at least a point tonight after their great comeback. The Sharks game winning goal was bogus. That's the way it's gone for the Avs this year. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Tanguay have a season ending injury, joining Kono, Vaananen, and Svatos.

Tomorrow is a must win game.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #1453
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Tonight was almost a total disaster. Only the Wings helped us vs. Vancouver.

I don't care how poorly Budaj played, the Avs deserved at least a point tonight after their great comeback. The Sharks game winning goal was bogus. That's the way it's gone for the Avs this year. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Tanguay have a season ending injury, joining Kono, Vaananen, and Svatos.

Tomorrow is a must win game.
What weird is when they showed where he may have been hurt and i didn't see anything heck he got up and skated away.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #1454
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Bertuzzi is killing me in my FHL and i got rid of baumgardner and carney.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:12 AM   #1455
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

If the playoffs started today, the Canchokes would be on the golf course.

This is the risk that Lacroix ran when he made the deal for Theodore. If Budaj/Kolesnik falter (as Budaj did tonight), that one move will doom the Avs playoff hopes.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #1456
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange

This is the risk that Lacroix ran when he made the deal for Theodore. If Budaj/Kolesnik falter (as Budaj did tonight), that one move will doom the Avs playoff hopes.
I dont see you guys dropping out of playoff race anytime soon. Regardless of what happens this year, next year you will be set up pretty damn nice. Tommorow should be a good game, hoping the kings can win some games to move up in the playoff race.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #1457
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Burnside's take on the last month of the season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2372474
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #1458
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

How about the sens without Hasek? 10-1-1 in the last 12 games. Emery has been awesome, and looks to be a star in the future.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159363&hubname=nhl
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #1459
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

I think PL is thinking about next year and understands as we sit right now with all the injuries would not go far in the playoffs anyways, so instead of trading off some future talent or a good draft pick for a rental player, Which probably explains how unbusy he was during FA.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:16 PM   #1460
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I think PL is thinking about next year and understands as we sit right now with all the injuries would not go far in the playoffs anyways, so instead of trading off some future talent or a good draft pick for a rental player, Which probably explains how unbusy he was during FA.
Yeah...but they can still make the playoffs, and have an outside shot at the division. They need to pick up some points tonight in LA, and in Anaheim on Wednesday. Both teams are right on their heels. Wins in regulation is key here.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #1461
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Dead was our last power foward and we been missing one ever since we traded him.
Yeah the power forward part and everything else about the guy. I am excited to see the ceremony for Deader tonight and I think it's very cool that our team gets to be part of it. ( Kinda )

Please hockey gods, we really really need these points.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:43 PM   #1462
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:

And we'd be in. Ahhhh, that'd be sweet.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:19 PM   #1463
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Avs up 4-0 after 2 sakic with 2 goals and a helper.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:08 AM   #1464
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

5-0 win!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:27 AM   #1465
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

That was an awesome ceremony for Deader. His cheap shot comment had me smiling and wishing his career hadn't been cut short for the 1000th time.

The game wasn't too shabby either. Sean Avery is a big prick, not that we didn't know that already. Did I miss something with him and Lappy? Why won't he fight him?

Joe...what can ya say. He didn't earn the nickname Super Joe for sitting on the bench.

Nice game for the D and Budaj too. Keep it up,boys.

Here's fingers crossed that Tang's injury is very minor.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:01 AM   #1466
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Kings fans got what they deserved tonight after booing Sakic during Deadmarsh's ceremony. Seriously, who boos one of the most classy and respected players in NHL history when he's out there to do something nice for a former teammate? That seemed to light a fire under Sakic, who played his best game of the season.

It was nice to get some bounces go our way, especially after San Jose's bogus game winner last night.

I'm glad Q stuck with Budaj. The kid's a good goalie who had two bad first periods in a row. I'd rather have him playing down the stretch than guys like Garon, Roloson and Auld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
That was an awesome ceremony for Deader. His cheap shot comment had me smiling and wishing his career hadn't been cut short for the 1000th time.

The game wasn't too shabby either. Sean Avery is a big prick, not that we didn't know that already. Did I miss something with him and Lappy? Why won't he fight him?
I was rolling when Deader made the cheap shot joke. The TV producers should only show the player being celebrated and his former teammates when one of these things happen. I don't want to see any crowd reaction shots when the players are banging their sticks in respect and reacting to one of their own.

Sean Avery is a punk. He won't back up his stupid comments about French Canadian players he made last year. He is simply afraid of badly losing a fight to Ian Laperierre. Lappy obviously challenged Avery after his cowardly spear of Budaj. Avery backed down once again.

Looks like the Kings and Canucks are in serious trouble right now. The Avs aren't out of the woods, either. They should beat St. Louis in two games, but Wednesday's contest in Anaheim is the most important game the Avalanche have ever played vs. the Ducks. A win would help tremendously.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:03 AM   #1467
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Joe...what can ya say. He didn't earn the nickname Super Joe for sitting on the bench.

Nice game for the D and Budaj too. Keep it up,boys.

Here's fingers crossed that Tang's injury is very minor.

I see deader has packed on a few pounds, and hinote drilled avery a couple good shots in the fight, Avery would get hi arse kicked and he knows it that's why he didn't go with lappy.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:07 AM   #1468
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Yeah, I agree Breck, on the booing of Sakic. I thought the same thing. Although we are talking about the same fans who have been booing Rob Blake for five years now. Not surprising.

Ok, so I wasn't the only one who noticed Deader has gained a few.

The dive they called on Budaj was ridiculous. I'd like to see them stand up and act calmly after getting narded with a hockey stick.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #1469
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Yeah, I agree Breck, on the booing of Sakic. I thought the same thing. Although we are talking about the same fans who have been booing Rob Blake for five years now. Not surprising.

Ok, so I wasn't the only one who noticed Deader has gained a few.

The dive they called on Budaj was ridiculous. I'd like to see them stand up and act calmly after getting narded with a hockey stick.

One of the dumber calls this year the question is how are you suppose to fall after being speared in the rocks?
Old 03-21-2006, 01:12 AM   #1470
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I'm not even a guy and I was wondering the same damn thing.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:57 AM   #1471
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Alright Av fans, I was at the game and came away pissed off. Im pissed off at alot of things, Our team came out flat and I know you all hate Avery but I like the guy and wish he would have started a fight to get things rolling. Secondly as for the ceremony I stood up and clapped, I never booed Sakic because I have met him and his wife in Vegas while they were vacationing there and they were extremely nice people. Anyway I clapped for Deadmarsh. As for the game I came away impressed with your goalie Budaj, I sat behind the goalie and he made some nifty saves. Hopefully the kings get Demitra and Frolov back soon, I think Demitra could play on sat against the Predators. We are 8-9 without Demitra which translates that we are an average team without the guy. Anyway these next 4 days we need to look at ourselves and start ramping up the intensity because today was a shame.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:24 AM   #1472
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

i personally loved it tonight! The Ducks were sitting in 5th place before the Avs kings game but i think there are teams 5 - 10 all within striking distance. Giggy is back at his high as in when Ducks hit it to the Finals. This team is on fire right now. If this keeps up, AVS are in trouble come Wednesday. Ill be there and screw the Kings. Team is hurt more than any team in the NFL the last two seasons played. Walking wounded. Gutty 24 Champbailey but cant never get a full team together. Here is to the last 3 weeks! GO DUCKS!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:00 AM   #1473
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
i personally loved it tonight! The Ducks were sitting in 5th place before the Avs kings game but i think there are teams 5 - 10 all within striking distance. Giggy is back at his high as in when Ducks hit it to the Finals. This team is on fire right now. If this keeps up, AVS are in trouble come Wednesday. Ill be there and screw the Kings. Team is hurt more than any team in the NFL the last two seasons played. Walking wounded. Gutty 24 Champbailey but cant never get a full team together. Here is to the last 3 weeks! GO DUCKS!
now your talking smack? Where have you been all season? Freaking front runner. Im not complaining about injuries, its part of the game.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:24 AM   #1474
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Seriously, who boos one of the most classy and respected players in NHL history when he's out there to do something nice for a former teammate?
The same people who are still booing Rob Blake 5 years after he was traded. I'm glad that Joey took it out on them where it matters, on the scoreboard.

Budaj is currently in fine rookie form, which is to say that he's up and down. He was terrible against the Sharks and a brick wall against Los Angeles. He'll need more of the latter performances if this team is going to get into the playoffs.

This is gonna be a tight race down the stretch in the Western Conference. I love it because it becomes such a playoff atmosphere with every game and every point being so crucial.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:11 AM   #1475
Jori
US Olympian

It was great to see Deadmarsh, so what if he has added a few chins

In TV and radio interviews, Deader mentioned he is living in Idaho and is looking to get back into hockey. *hint* *hint* Pierre...give the man a call...he wants a job!

Wednesday's game is huge, especiailly with the Ducks winning last night. Budaj needs to be sharp.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote