The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #1326
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Pardon my ignorance, but who's Rosie?

Martin Rucinsky

I thought you guys would remember his nickname from when he was with the Avs...
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #1327
Jori
US Olympian

Rucinsky wasn't here long enough to develop any nicknames
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #1328
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle
I thought you guys would remember his nickname from when he was with the Avs...
Like Jori said, his stay here was rather short.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #1329
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal
GO BUDAJ!!!!!

WOOT!!!!

Through two games he is making Pierre look like a genious.
credit where it's due...the kid is making the most of his opportunity. shutting out the flames is no small task.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #1330
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Like Jori said, his stay here was rather short.

I thought he was here for a couple of years....sorry.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #1331
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
He was traded to Montreal in the Roy deal.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #1332
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
He was in Colorado for two months from October 1995 to December 1995, when he was part of the Patrick Roy trade. He would have put up some big numbers with the '95-'96 Avalanche, but Roy was obviously a much more important piece of the puzzle.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #1333
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Scott Parker just climbed the glass between the benches to try and get at Nashville's Brendan Witt. He was already getting a penalty for elbowing Jordin Tootoo, he picked up a couple of misconducts and was on his way to the locker room when he went bananas and tried to get over the glass at Witt. Parker ended up getting 2 for elbowing, 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct, 10 minute misconduct and a game misconduct. He can probably expect a suspension here shortly.

Crazy stuff.
He got two games. I wonder if Witt called him a name?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2367071

TORONTO -- San Jose Sharks forward Scott Parker was suspended for two games Monday for attempting to climb a glass barrier to fight Nashville's Brendan Witt.

Parker elbowed Nashville's Jordin Tootoo late in the second period of his team's 3-2 win on Saturday. After leaving the ice, Parker tried climbing the glass barrier to get at Witt.

Neither Parker nor Witt, making his Nashville debut after a deadline trade from Washington, managed to land any big punches. Both were ejected after teammates and coaches quickly pulled them down.

Parker will miss games against Los Angeles on Monday and St. Louis on Thursday and will forfeit $5,971.42 in salary
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:41 PM   #1334
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I didn't get to watch much of the 2nd flames game can somebody give me a low down on how they played and what was the problems?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #1335
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I didn't get to watch much of the 2nd flames game can somebody give me a low down on how they played and what was the problems?
Budaj gave up two goals he'd like to have back in the first period, particularly the Marchment goal. Calgary then took a 3-0 on a 5-on-3 Iginla goal. The game appeared to be over until Sakic scored in the third period to make it 3-1, followed by Hejduk scoring a nice goal to bring the Avs within one. Chuck Kobasew scored with 4 minutes left to make it 4-2 and it looked like the Avs were done again. Then we pulled Budaj and Tanguay scored on a nice feed from Blake. The Avs then got a 4-on-3 powerplay with about 70 seconds left, which they turned into a 5-on-3 by pulling Budaj again. Unfortunately Sakic lost a huge faceoff in the Calgary zone and Blake took a penalty that finally ended the game for good.

The Avs didn't play great in the first 40 minutes, but they once again showed heart in coming back to make it a game, unlike Calgary the day before.

If Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay, and Blake keep playing like this then the Avs should make the playoffs quite comfortably. I think Calgary has the division in their hands now that they're one point ahead of us with three games in hand while the Canucks and Oilers seem to be fading.

The teams to watch out for right now are Anaheim and San Jose.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #1336
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33

I got to see it in person! It really was a blast. The Flames fans weren't too hard on us. Their damn mascot gave ME the most grief.

It was really disheartening to be sitting there in the midst of all the Flames fans and have them go up 3-0. Every time they score a goal, they have these pyrotechnics set up in the rafters and along the bottom edge of their scoreboard. ( I have to admit, it was pretty cool. ) I got to feel the heat of those damn things 3 times before anything decent happened.

The May/McCarty fight was really close to us and from our vantage point, May definitely looked like the winner. I could hear the fans around us getting worried when the second goal was scored. When I stood up to cheer for our goals, I totally expected to be pelted with something, but I wasn't. There was a lot of talk about Sakic around us. A chant started up in the 2nd, "Go home, Sakic, go home." Kinda surprised me.

The officials seemed to be letting a lot of stuff go on both sides it seemed.

Things I noticed:
* Seeing them in person was amazing. They're so fast!
* Brett Clark seems to have a mouth piece solely to chew on throughout the game.
* Ian Laperriere seems to talk to himself the whole game.
* When those pucks hit the glass in front of you, it's freakin loud! I just about **** myself a time or two.
* They play awesome music in the arena.

That's it. I know I rambled, but it was so cool to finally see them in person. I would love beyond pretty much anything to come to Denver to see them with the home crowd.

Last edited by Mtbrncofn; 03-15-2006 at 12:28 AM..
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:03 PM   #1337
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Alfie nets the winner with 6 seconds to go
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:06 PM   #1338
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
Alfie nets the winner with 6 seconds to go
He's having a Hart Trophy caliber season.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #1339
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
I got to see it in person! It really was a blast. The Flames fans weren't too hard on us. Their damn mascot gave ME the most grief.

It was really disheartening to be sitting there in the midst of all the Flames fans and have them go up 3-0. Every time they score a goal, they have these pyrotechnics set up in the rafters and along the bottom edge of their scoreboard. ( I have to admit, it was pretty cool. ) I got to feel the heat of those damn things 3 times before anything decent happened.

The May/McCarty fight was really close to us and from our vantage point, May definitely looked like the winner. I could hear the fans around us getting worried when the second goal was scored. When I stood up to cheer for our goals, I totally expected to be pelted with something, but I wasn't. There was a lot of talk about Sakic around us. A chant started up in the 2nd, "Go home, Sakic, go home." Kinda surprised me.

Things I noticed:
* Brett Clark seems to have a mouth piece soley to chew on throughout the game.
* When those pucks hit the glass in front of you, it's freakin loud! I just about **** myself a time or two.

That's it. I know I rambled, but it was so cool to finally see them in person. I would love beyond pretty much anything to come to Denver to see them with the home crowd.
There was actually a good picture of May pummeling McCarty in the San Diego Union Tribune today. I was shocked.

You're right on mt...you don't realize how fast those bastards are until you see it in person. That's why hockey is where it is amongst the major sports. It simply doesn't translate well to television.

Minor league hockey is great as well.

Glad you got to see the boys in person...sorry they couldn't pull it out.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #1340
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
There was actually a good picture of May pummeling McCarty in the San Diego Union Tribune today. I was shocked.

You're right on mt...you don't realize how fast those bastards are until you see it in person. That's why hockey is where it is amongst the major sports. It simply doesn't translate well to television.

Minor league hockey is great as well.

Glad you got to see the boys in person...sorry they couldn't pull it out.

Yeah, me too, but after the first two periods had gone by, all I was hoping at that point was that they'd score at least one goal! I was getting worried.

And holy **** is gas in Canada expensive. It's like 4 bucks a gallon!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #1341
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

The Canucks are about to lose their 5th straight game in humiliating fashion.

Nothing short of a third Avalanche Stanley Cup would be better than the Canucks missing the playoffs this season. Their upcoming schedule is not easy.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:29 PM   #1342
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
The Canucks are about to lose their 5th straight game in humiliating fashion.

Nothing short of a third Avalanche Stanley Cup would be better than the Canucks missing the playoffs this season. Their upcoming schedule is not easy.
Yeah...the Predleys have their **** together this year, and the Cansucks are beat up and have that mental patient Crawford behind the bench.

F 'em. F'em one-thousand times.

(Edit: Cripes. I didn't realize that the Avs were only 4 points behind the Preds. They've got a real scrappy bunch this year. This may be the first time since 2001 this team will realize it's potential.)

Last edited by Pendejo; 03-14-2006 at 08:32 PM..
Old 03-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #1343
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:

Things I noticed:

Was this your first NHL game, Mt?

I'm making the trip up to Calgary for the Avs/Flames game on April 13th. One of my friends lives in downtown Calgary and hooked me up with some good tickets and a place for me to stay. I'm hoping the Avs and Flames are tied for first at that point, setting up a huge game.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #1344
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Was this your first NHL game, Mt?

I'm making the trip up to Calgary for the Avs/Flames game on April 13th. One of my friends lives in downtown Calgary and hooked me up with some good tickets and a place for me to stay. I'm hoping the Avs and Flames are tied for first at that point, setting up a huge game.

It was my first. We had awesome tix, I thought. They were 2 rows from the glass in the corner. It was the end that the Avs attacked in twice, so all the goals were scored right in front of us.

It was awesome. Hopefully the fans were as decent to you as they were to us.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #1345
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Things I noticed:

Great Mt! too bad the avs couldn't treat ya to a win but ill bet the flames fan got quit there when we almost caught em.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:30 PM   #1346
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Budaj gave up two goals he'd like to have back in the first period, particularly the Marchment goal. Calgary then took a 3-0 on a 5-on-3 Iginla goal. The game appeared to be over until Sakic scored in the third period to make it 3-1, followed by Hejduk scoring a nice goal to bring the Avs within one. Chuck Kobasew scored with 4 minutes left to make it 4-2 and it looked like the Avs were done again. Then we pulled Budaj and Tanguay scored on a nice feed from Blake. The Avs then got a 4-on-3 powerplay with about 70 seconds left, which they turned into a 5-on-3 by pulling Budaj again. Unfortunately Sakic lost a huge faceoff in the Calgary zone and Blake took a penalty that finally ended the game for good.

The Avs didn't play great in the first 40 minutes, but they once again showed heart in coming back to make it a game, unlike Calgary the day before.

If Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay, and Blake keep playing like this then the Avs should make the playoffs quite comfortably. I think Calgary has the division in their hands now that they're one point ahead of us with three games in hand while the Canucks and Oilers seem to be fading.

The teams to watch out for right now are Anaheim and San Jose.
Thanks breck...
Old 03-14-2006, 10:04 PM   #1347
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

3 more points tonight
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #1348
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
3 more points tonight

It's about time that slacker contributed.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #1349
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
3 more points tonight
Your boy is also only like a goal behind Jagr for the league lead too.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #1350
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

He had a couple great chances that he missed on tonight and then almost scored a goal from his knees
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote