The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #926
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
Right. Tell me, how old was the organization when they had their first 4 top 5 picks? 8 straight playoff years. That speaks volume of how good the Sens management is. This is cup year baby, the dom (mvp) will bring it home.
Just pray Toronto doesn't make the playoffs.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #927
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Just pray Toronto doesn't make the playoffs.
What does Toronto have on Ottawa? Ottawa is a lot more physical, and actually have goaltending this year. The Leafs can't even beat the Caps.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #928
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Herc, it's ok. I know the Caps won't make the playoffs for the next 'i duno..say 10' years? Anyways, Ovechkin will attract some players to Washington. I like the kid..atleast he isn't a p***Y and plays physical unlike 95% of Russians & Euros.
You don't watch much hockey do you? There are a lot of "euros and russians" that play physical more then your 5%...The Senators tanked for years to build their team, that is a luxury that most teams don't have. That and being able to trade with Milbury (as suggested) helped them big time. What is going to happen when they don't win the cup and can't keep Redden (thanks Milbury the first time) and Chara (thanks Milbury the second time)?
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #929
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
What does Toronto have on Ottawa? Ottawa is a lot more physical, and actually have goaltending this year. The Leafs can't even beat the Caps.
You're kidding right? They've owned you in the postseason for the last several years. Hell, there was one year that Ottawa swept them in the regular season and then got swept by them in the first round of the playoffs.

Until you do something in the postseason, you haven't done jack.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #930
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

The Leafs can't beat anyone....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #931
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle
The Senators tanked for years to build their team, that is a luxury that most teams don't have. That and being able to trade with Milbury (as suggested) helped them big time. What is going to happen when they don't win the cup and can't keep Redden (thanks Milbury the first time) and Chara (thanks Milbury the second time)?
Ok, dumbass.

YEAR W L T OL PTS Finish
2003-04 43 23 10 6 102 3rd
2002-03 52 21 8 1 113 1st
2001-02 39 27 9 7 94 3rd
2000-01 48 21 9 4 109 1st
1999-00 41 28 11 2 95 2nd
1998-99 44 23 15 103 1st
1997-98 34 33 15 83 5th
1996-97 31 36 15 77 3rd
1995-96 18 59 5 41 6th
1994-95 9 34 5 23 7th
1993-94 14 61 9 37 7th
1992-93 10 70 4 24 6th

first 4 years. They were a new franchise. Look at the consistency the past 8-9 years. Compare this to all the other franchises. That's how good this oraganization is.

Redden & Chara will sign with the Sens.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #932
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
You're kidding right? They've owned you in the postseason for the last several years. Hell, there was one year that Ottawa swept them in the regular season and then got swept by them in the first round of the playoffs.

Until you do something in the postseason, you haven't done jack.
I thought you were talking about this year moron. Ok, and what happened after they beat us? They got their asses kicked the next round.

Fact of the matter is that not only is Ottawa strong offensively, but they are the best defensively, play physical, and have the best goalie in the league. Finally, a goalie that's worthy.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #933
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I thought you were talking about this year moron. Ok, and what happened after they beat us? They got their asses kicked the next round.

Fact of the matter is that not only is Ottawa strong offensively, but they are the best defensively, play physical, and have the best goalie in the league. Finally, a goalie that's worthy.
You really can't go one post without being a douchebag, can you?

Nice to see that your only fallback to that was that someone else succeeded where your team failed time and time and time again. But hey, it must be tough when your home games against the Leafs seem like road games due to the Leafs fans outnumbering you in your own building.

The Leafs may have been beat in the next round, but they made sure to send your boys to the golf course beforehand. Call me when your team wins something that means anything. Either that or keep crowing about your regular season success, it's about all you've ever known.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #934
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
You really can't go one post without being a douchebag, can you?

Nice to see that your only fallback to that was that someone else succeeded where your team failed time and time and time again. But hey, it must be tough when your home games against the Leafs seem like road games due to the Leafs fans outnumbering you in your own building.

The Leafs may have been beat in the next round, but they made sure to send your boys to the golf course beforehand. Call me when your team wins something that means anything. Either that or keep crowing about your regular season success, it's about all you've ever known.
Ya, it does suck those a-holes outnumber us, but they'll be golfing in a couple of weeks, I'm sure.

Anyways, tell me how lucky was Colorado when they got the ready Nordiques package.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #935
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Ya, it does suck those a-holes outnumber us, but they'll be golfing in a couple of weeks, I'm sure.

Anyways, tell me how lucky was Colorado when they got the ready Nordiques package.
Pretty lucky actually, we could have ended up getting the Winnipeg Jets had they waited.

Even luckier that we inherited a GM that went out and got Patrick Roy, Claude Lemieux and Sandis Ozolinsh after the team got to town. I'd call that downright charmed.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #936
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Our resident Senator fan is always making friends.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #937
Jori
US Olympian

If the Caps are looking for an established player would they be looking for a forward or defensemen? Though I'd love to get rid of Breezeby, nobody will be stupid enough to take him (if only Milbury hadn't stepped down). The Avs blue line is thin and their prospect system is devoid of any talented blue liners. I can see the Avs making a bid for Witt but with this being such a sellers market, they'll be outbid by other teams.

I suppose as long as we don't get Cementhead and neither Stastny nor Wolski are involved in any deals (unless one of them is apart of a package to land a significant player), I'll be a happy camper.

Last edited by Jori; 03-06-2006 at 09:54 PM..
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:55 PM   #938
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
I suppose as long as we don't get Cementhead and neither Stastny nor Wolski are involved in any deals (unless one of them is apart of a package to land a significant player), I'll be a happy camper.
By cementhead I assume you mean Tkachoke.

Wolski, Stastny & Stoa should be completely off-limits, period. I'd rather go into the postseason with the current roster as is then see any of these youngsters dealt.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:04 PM   #939
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:

Wolski, Stastny & Stoa should be completely off-limits, period. I'd rather go into the postseason with the current roster as is then see any of these youngsters dealt.
Good ole Cementhead...I can never use his real name....it just wouldn't seem right

Good call on Stoa. I know some Avs fans have been disappointed with his first year at Minnesota, but I think he's progressed well. He started out very slow and now he's playing on the top line as a LW. That's a great accomplishment considering how much talent is on the Gophers. It may take 3-4 years, but he could finally become the young power forward the Avs have been seeking for quite some time.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:11 PM   #940
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Good call on Stoa. I know some Avs fans have been disappointed with his first year at Minnesota, but I think he's progressed well. He started out very slow and now he's playing on the top line as a LW. That's a great accomplishment considering how much talent is on the Gophers. It may take 3-4 years, but he could finally become the young power forward the Avs have been seeking for quite some time.
I couldn't agree more. For a freshman to be elevated to the top line of a stacked team like Minnesota says plenty. Even if he's three years away, so be it. No reason not to be patient and let his game develop. Same goes for Stastny, no need to rush him through the ranks (especially since the homer in me wants to see him play two more years at DU .).
Old 03-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #941
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:

I agree completely. They need to allow those players to develop. Let's face it...they're most likely not good enough to win the cup this year...unless whoever their netminder is in the playoffs pulls a Patrick Roy circa 1993. Keep the kids.

They obviously need help on the blueline, and someone to take up Konowalchuk's spot...but just about anyone they get who'd be worth a damn is going to be a rental.

I guess I could see them giving up one of the aforementioned youngsters to go after Luongo, but then you'd have to wonder if they'd be able to lock him up long term.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #942
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
I guess I could see them giving up one of the aforementioned youngsters to go after Luongo, but then you'd have to wonder if they'd be able to lock him up long term.
That's about the only scenario under which trading one of those kids is acceptable.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #943
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
You'll have to wait for chadta to show up for true expert advice.

Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:40 AM   #944
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Right. Tell me, how old was the organization when they had their first 4 top 5 picks? 8 straight playoff years. That speaks volume of how good the Sens management is. This is cup year baby, the dom (mvp) will bring it home.
Call me when they go 17 straight like the Caps did from the early 80's to late 90's.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #945
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Kings have alot of prospects and young players on the team as it is. Brown and Frolov will be the future Jari Kurri & Luc Robitaille. Just wish we had still had Ziggy but rumors flying around that we may trade for him soon. We are in great shape for the future. I like how Taylor drafted himself a young crop of kids waiting in the wings. Anze Kopitar is a 17-year old kid playing in a veteran swiss league. He has great size and can see the ice very well. Should cross the pond in 2006-07. He is the kings best prospect IMO and the Kings almost ripped up the developmental contract to shreds and wanted him to turn pro right away but Anze declined.

if you mean pallfy, he's retired man.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #946
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle
The Leafs can't beat anyone....

when do they play the pens next?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #947
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Theo Fleury needs to change careers. I think UFC is in his future...What a fool.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2356682
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #948
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27
Theo Fleury needs to change careers. I think UFC is in his future...What a fool.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2356682

Wow! theo needs to find a new hobby.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #949
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Did anyone hear that the guy who hit Eric Cole is getting a 3 game suspension...Alot of fans are putting the check up there with the scum of the earth Bartuzzi...
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #950
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Yeah he's on my team.