The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #901
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Just doesn't seem possible that Rob Blake is a -6 and Breeze only a -2.

The whole teams' +/- is pretty atrocious.
and 9 out of the next 10 on the road. could make or break where you end up for the Cup run.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #902
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Avery was far from the most important part of that deal; the first round pick in '03 and second rounder in '04 were. I thought it was funny watching Avery get traded on ESPN's The Season.

Yes, that was classic. Watching Shanny call him 'puppy' was pretty damn funny too. For us, that trade was addition by subtraction. Avery is too undisciplined to be a legitimate grind liner, and not skilled enough to play with the world class forwards on the other 3 lines while Kuznetsov is a slower, less talented version of an old Darian Hatcher. What did the Kings do with the draft picks?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:43 PM   #903
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27
and 9 out of the next 10 on the road. could make or break where you end up for the Cup run.

And we've started it off with a bang. More like a wimper is what I meant.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #904
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

If the Canes can keep in the top 3 without Cole and maybe finish in the semis of the Cup finals then that would be a huge testiment to our coach and the rest of the team Cole was huge for us.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #905
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27
What did the Kings do with the draft picks?
2003 was one of the deepest NHL drafts in recent history. The Kings had their own #1, Colorado's #1 from the Blake trade, and Detroit's #1 from the Schneider trade. They took University of Michigan forward Jeff Tambellini with the Wings' pick. He's a decent prospect now playing in the AHL. The Kings traded the 2004 second round pick they got in the Schneider deal to Boston for Jozef Stumpel (who started his career in Boston, went to Los Angeles, back to Boston, and back to Los Angeles).
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #906
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
2003 was one of the deepest NHL drafts in recent history. The Kings had their own #1, Colorado's #1 from the Blake trade, and Detroit's #1 from the Schneider trade. They took University of Michigan forward Jeff Tambellini with the Wings' pick. He's a decent prospect now playing in the AHL. The Kings traded the 2004 second round pick they got in the Schneider deal to Boston for Jozef Stumpel (who started his career in Boston, went to Los Angeles, back to Boston, and back to Los Angeles).
I need a hockey players advice. All my gear is still in Colorado, and I'm starting to practice again here in Jacksonville. Its amazing that there is actually a hockey following here.... the funny thing is most of the hockey fans in Jacksonville are from Canada, Minnesota, Illinois, etc...

Its time to get new gear. I wanted to stick with one brand... I thought I would try out RBK.... I got all new gear from RBK and it turned out to be like $600. So I said screw that.

I'm just going with deals. What I mean by that is cutbacks %-wise from the origional price... what I got was mixed brands, and saved a pretty penny as well. I guess I would like an expert to tell me about the products I got

Nike Bauer 4000 Helmet ($23 marked down from $79)
Oakley Half-Visor ($60 marked down from $80)
Jofa 2500 Senior Shoulder Pads ($19 marked down from $50)
RBK Elbow Pads ($19 marked down from $34)
RBK Shin Guards ($34 marked down from #39)
Mission Matrix Senior Ice Hockey Pants 2001 ($20 m. $79)
CCM Tacks Sr. Ice Hockey Gloves ($29 m. $54)

The big one was the skates. To me, the skates are the most important part of any players setup. I wanted the new Bauer Supreme 190 (The new ones endorsed by Ignla and St. Louis)... and then I saw they were $600. My next choice were the RBK 8k.... I was on the verge of buying them at $250 (marked down from almost $400.... and then I saw a Nike model from their 2003 collection. They were $149 marked down from almost $500. So I had to get them. I'm not a big fan of Nike, so I'm wondering if it was a good idea?

It came with a 36" Bauer bag, and it is this skate -

Nike Quest V-10 Sr. Ice Hockey Skate

Plus lots of Friction Tape, CCM Jersey, CCM socks, Shock Guard Mouth Guard, Blade Covers, Handheld blade sharpener, LARGE cup.... I'll still use my Koho 4490 Composite stick...
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #907
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
I need a hockey players advice. All my gear is still in Colorado, and I'm starting to practice again here in Jacksonville. Its amazing that there is actually a hockey following here.... the funny thing is most of the hockey fans in Jacksonville are from Canada, Minnesota, Illinois, etc...

Its time to get new gear. I wanted to stick with one brand... I thought I would try out RBK.... I got all new gear from RBK and it turned out to be like $600. So I said screw that.

I'm just going with deals. What I mean by that is cutbacks %-wise from the origional price... what I got was mixed brands, and saved a pretty penny as well. I guess I would like an expert to tell me about the products I got

Nike Bauer 4000 Helmet ($23 marked down from $79)
Oakley Half-Visor ($60 marked down from $80)
Jofa 2500 Senior Shoulder Pads ($19 marked down from $50)
RBK Elbow Pads ($19 marked down from $34)
RBK Shin Guards ($34 marked down from #39)
Mission Matrix Senior Ice Hockey Pants 2001 ($20 m. $79)
CCM Tacks Sr. Ice Hockey Gloves ($29 m. $54)

The big one was the skates. To me, the skates are the most important part of any players setup. I wanted the new Bauer Supreme 190 (The new ones endorsed by Ignla and St. Louis)... and then I saw they were $600. My next choice were the RBK 8k.... I was on the verge of buying them at $250 (marked down from almost $400.... and then I saw a Nike model from their 2003 collection. They were $149 marked down from almost $500. So I had to get them. I'm not a big fan of Nike, so I'm wondering if it was a good idea?

It came with a 36" Bauer bag, and it is this skate -

Nike Quest V-10 Sr. Ice Hockey Skate

Plus lots of Friction Tape, CCM Jersey, CCM socks, Shock Guard Mouth Guard, Blade Covers, Handheld blade sharpener, LARGE cup.... I'll still use my Koho 4490 Composite stick...
You'll have to wait for chadta to show up for true expert advice.

One of my good friends works at Players Bench and hooks me up with some discounts. The equipment you bought looks fine to me. A lot of it is personal preference. I wear older, smaller shoulder pads and elbow pads that I've had for years. Skates are definitely the most important thing to me. It's all about comfort and performance. I have Bauer Vapor SFL XX skates and they work well for me.

How much would it have cost to have your equipment shipped from Colorado?
Old 03-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #908
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion
If the Canes can keep in the top 3 without Cole and maybe finish in the semis of the Cup finals then that would be a huge testiment to our coach and the rest of the team Cole was huge for us.

brooks isn't a dirty player, sorry it happened to a guy on your team.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #909
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Kings have alot of prospects and young players on the team as it is. Brown and Frolov will be the future Jari Kurri & Luc Robitaille. Just wish we had still had Ziggy but rumors flying around that we may trade for him soon. We are in great shape for the future. I like how Taylor drafted himself a young crop of kids waiting in the wings. Anze Kopitar is a 17-year old kid playing in a veteran swiss league. He has great size and can see the ice very well. Should cross the pond in 2006-07. He is the kings best prospect IMO and the Kings almost ripped up the developmental contract to shreds and wanted him to turn pro right away but Anze declined.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #910
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
You'll have to wait for chadta to show up for true expert advice.

One of my good friends works at Players Bench and hooks me up with some discounts. The equipment you bought looks fine to me. A lot of it is personal preference. I wear older, smaller shoulder pads and elbow pads that I've had for years. Skates are definitely the most important thing to me. It's all about comfort and performance. I have Bauer Vapor SFL XX skates and they work well for me.

How much would it have cost to have your equipment shipped from Colorado?
Yeah I almost got the Bauer Vapor SFL XIV.... but I uppgraded....

Really doesent matter, I needed new gear anyway. I used Bauer Supreme 400s, and most of my interior pads were Mylec, and I think they might have been roller pads anyway, lol.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #911
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
Yeah I almost got the Bauer Vapor SFL XIV.... but I uppgraded....

Really doesent matter, I needed new gear anyway. I used Bauer Supreme 400s, and most of my interior pads were Mylec, and I think they might have been roller pads anyway, lol.
Yeah, I remember Mylec from high school PE class. I think they made those plastic sticks and puck we used for floor hockey. I also remember having a Mylec in-line hockey stick back in the day. I guess you were due for an equipment upgrade .
Old 03-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #912
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Svatos somewhat out of joint

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...518171,00.html

By Aaron J. Lopez, Rocky Mountain News
March 6, 2006
ST. PAUL, Minn. - Two words Marek Svatos never wants to hear: shoulder injury.

The Colorado Avalanche rookie, who leads the team with 32 goals, sat out its 5-3 loss Sunday night against the Minnesota Wild because of what team officials termed "weakness" in his right shoulder.

The injury is not believed to be serious and Svatos hopes to return to the lineup Tuesday against the St. Louis Blues or Thursday against the Chicago Blackhawks.

"We'll see," Avalanche coach Joel Quenneville said. "He was kind of iffy (Sunday) morning. We'll see how he presents in the next day or so."

Svatos, who has a history of shoulder problems, was flattened by Jason Arnott in the first period of the game Saturday night against the Dallas Stars.

Slovak, 23, left the game in the third period after taking a high stick to the mouth.

Svatos missed most of training camp in 2002 because of shoulder surgery and he needed another operation a few months later after separating his shoulder three times in three weeks.

After making his NHL debut in 2003, Svatos suffered another shoulder injury two games into the season and missed 78 games before returning.

Finally healthy, Svatos has put together a remarkable season, trailing only Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals for most goals among NHL rookies.

Joining Svatos on the injury report was forward Brad May, who missed his second game in a row because of a finger injury he suffered during a fight Thursday.

ON THE BOARD: When Avalanche forward Alex Tanguay returned from a beach vacation, he had no idea his scoring touch would be delayed at the customs office.

Tanguay went without a point in the first three games after the two-week Olympic break, but he broke out of the doldrums with three assists against the Wild.

"I've been a little rusty. I expected that coming in," said Tanguay, who spent part of the break in the Bahamas. "I wanted to play good right at the start, but I've been struggling a little bit.

"(Sunday night) I just started feeling my legs a little bit and feel the puck a little better and, hopefully, it can help the team."

Tanguay did his team no favors when he was called for a double-minor penalty for high-sticking Stephane Veilleux with 3 minutes, 44 seconds to play in the third period.

Colorado trailed 4-3 at that point and it put Minnesota on the power play for the remainder of the game.

"There was no blood," Tanguay said. "I know the guy. He was from my hometown. I stayed there to apologize, and there was no blood.

"In the rule book, from my understanding, it says there's got to be blood, so I was a little disappointed in the 4 minutes."

FINALLY RETURNING HOME: More than two years after being fired by the Blues, Joel Quenneville finally will return to the Savvis Center on Tuesday - as coach of the Avalanche.

Quenneville led the Blues to seven consecutive playoff appearances before being fired Feb. 24, 2004. He has faced St. Louis once this season, but that game was in Colorado.

"It was all good when I was there," Quenneville said. "The bottom line is, trying to win the hockey game is going to be the priority."

ETC: Minnesota's victory against Colorado gave coach Jacque Lemaire his 400th career victory. Lemaire apparently did not have champagne on hand as he neared the milestone. "What 400?" he said. "Never really thought about it. I like to win games and play well. That's my goal, and if there is a reward, it goes to the whole team." . . . Avalanche forward Andrew Brunette scored in the first period to extend his points streak to six games (two goals, five assists).
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #913
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

So what do Avs fans think of Terry Frei's suggestion that they go after Witt?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #914
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

3 points for Ovechkin tonight

41-35-76 in 59 games
Old 03-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #915
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
So what do Avs fans think of Terry Frei's suggestion that they go after Witt?
Nice pick up on a big phsyical D man but what would we have to give up is the question.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #916
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Nice pick up on a big phsyical D man but what would we have to give up is the question.
McPhee claims he doesn't want anymore picks or prospects, he wants a young NHL-ready player. Doubt he's going to get that from a playoff contender though.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #917
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
McPhee claims he doesn't want anymore picks or prospects, he wants a young NHL-ready player. Doubt he's going to get that from a playoff contender though.

We need help on D for sure that is our problem area right now IMO.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #918
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Devils, Kings, Thrashers and Avs had scouts in attendance for Was-NYI tonight
Old 03-06-2006, 08:35 PM   #919
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Devils, Kings, Thrashers and Avs had scouts in attendance for Was-NYI tonight

PL will pull something off iam sure but if you ask me i would focus on next season and try not to loss anybody for the future on a rental player.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #920
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Brown and Frolov will be the future Jari Kurri & Luc Robitaille. Anze Kopitar is a 17-year old kid playing in a veteran swiss league. He has great size and can see the ice very well. Should cross the pond in 2006-07. He is the kings best prospect IMO
future Kurri and Robitaille? Stop kidding yourself. Those guys are legends, and won't be replaced. Maybe 1 in a million. heh.

Kopitar played in Slovenia. That's right, Slovenia. Maybe he has potential to be a bust like Nik Antropov.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #921
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
3 points for Ovechkin tonight

41-35-76 in 59 games
Poor guy. Why did he end up with the Capitals...I bet he'd be at 100 points if he was playing with Spezza.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #922
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
Poor guy. Why did he end up with the Capitals...I bet he'd be at 100 points if he was playing with Spezza.
kiss me, and tell me that you love me. Especially coming from the fan of a team who drafted 5 times in the Top 3 in the 90's.

You suck TJ for having an auto-change of B L O W M E to "kiss me"

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 03-06-2006 at 10:04 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #923
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
kiss me. Especially coming from the fan of a team who drafted 5 times in the Top 3 in the 90's.
Not to mention were the beneficiaries of one of the most lopsided trades in the last 10 years. They should name a street in Ottawa after Mike Milbury for that one.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #924
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
kiss me. Especially coming from the fan of a team who drafted 5 times in the Top 3 in the 90's.
Right. Tell me, how old was the organization when they had their first 4 top 5 picks? 8 straight playoff years. That speaks volume of how good the Sens management is. This is cup year baby, the dom (mvp) will bring it home.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #925
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Herc, it's ok. I know the Caps won't make the playoffs for the next 'i duno..say 10' years? Anyways, Ovechkin will attract some players to Washington. I like the kid..atleast he isn't a p***Y and plays physical unlike 95% of Russians & Euros.