The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #876
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I wouldnt say first place because Aebi has made up for his weak play in December these last two months. In fact, Aebishcher has been the best goalie, maybe top 5 in the league, these last two months.

Just look at our las game agains Columbus, or even the Wild game... there are many more too, that Aebischer won himself.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #877
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
I wouldnt say first place because Aebi has made up for his weak play in December these last two months. In fact, Aebishcher has been the best goalie, maybe top 5 in the league, these last two months.

Just look at our las game agains Columbus, or even the Wild game... there are many more too, that Aebischer won himself.
I disagree. I think Aebischer was worse in late November and December than he was good in January and February. His play in the last two months was the same as we saw in 2003-'04. If Aebi had played like his usual self during the first two months this team would have at least 5 or 6 more points (right now they're only 1 point out of first place).
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #878
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Carolinas #1!!!

GO CANES

Staal and Cole are unstopable
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #879
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

It was a mistake starting bish vs the jackets instead of vs the stars tonight.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #880
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

The Avs D stinks tonight it, really STINKS.

Last edited by Bronx33; 03-04-2006 at 07:41 PM..
Old 03-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #881
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
I disagree. I think Aebischer was worse in late November and December than he was good in January and February. His play in the last two months was the same as we saw in 2003-'04. If Aebi had played like his usual self during the first two months this team would have at least 5 or 6 more points (right now they're only 1 point out of first place).
Oh you mean first place in the Division

I thought you meant 1st place in the conference.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #882
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

That was a scary game to watch. Our guys were dropping left and right. I certainly hope whatever is wrong with Svatos is nothing serious and that Blakey doesn't have anything too bad either. He did seem to put that to rest when he went out and scored that goal a short while later though.
Is there some unspoken rule that Budaj has to start when the Avs play the Stars?
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #883
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Well that didn't take long. Six whole days. Geez.

On a night when they fell seven points behind Montreal for the eighth and final playoff spot in the NHL's Eastern Conference following a 4-2 loss to rival Ottawa, they also lost centre Eric Lindros for the season after the Big E reinjured his right wrist.

"I tore it again," said an emotional Lindros, fighting back tears. "I'll need surgery this week.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157187&hubname=nhl

Seriously, how many times does it take for cryin out loud?! Give it up man.

Last edited by Mtbrncofn; 03-04-2006 at 10:04 PM..
Old 03-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #884
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn

On a night when they fell seven points behind Montreal for the eighth and final playoff spot in the NHL's Eastern Conference following a 4-2 loss to rival Ottawa, they also lost centre Eric Lindros for the season after the Big E reinjured his right wrist.

"I tore it again," said an emotional Lindros, fighting back tears. "I'll need surgery this week.

I've never liked Lindros, even though his refusal to play in Quebec City helped Denver win its first major sports championship a decade ago. Now I just feel bad for the man and all the injuries he's gone through in his career. He's sort of like Ken Griffey Jr. in a way; massively hyped #1 overall picks that were dominant early in their careers, followed by injury-riddled seasons and likely no championships.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:46 AM   #885
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

I was at the Kings game this afternoon had awesome seats right behind the Kings bench, 3 rows behind to be exact. It was a great game with a fight in the first period Parros vs Shelly. Avery kicked ass today with two goals but needs to cut down on penalties! Kings are doing great without their two best players in Demitra and Frolov are out for a week or two. Kings are expected to trade for Witt or Luongo of the Panthers before the Trade deadline. For any Jacket fans I was impressed by Rick Nash's size and speed!

BTW im not suprised Lindros is hurt again!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #886
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Avery CAN'T cut down on penalties. He's wired to be undisciplined and takes his 'pest' act much too far. He'll be a liability in the playoffs. Getting Schneider for that stiff was the best deal Holland's pulled off in years.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #887
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27
Avery CAN'T cut down on penalties. He's wired to be undisciplined and takes his 'pest' act much too far. He'll be a liability in the playoffs. Getting Schneider for that stiff was the best deal Holland's pulled off in years.
Avery was far from the most important part of that deal; the first round pick in '03 and second rounder in '04 were. I thought it was funny watching Avery get traded on ESPN's The Season.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #888
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
I was at the Kings game this afternoon had awesome seats right behind the Kings bench, 3 rows behind to be exact. It was a great game with a fight in the first period Parros vs Shelly. Avery kicked ass today with two goals but needs to cut down on penalties! Kings are doing great without their two best players in Demitra and Frolov are out for a week or two. Kings are expected to trade for Witt or Luongo of the Panthers before the Trade deadline. For any Jacket fans I was impressed by Rick Nash's size and speed!

BTW im not suprised Lindros is hurt again!
Everyone and their brother's team is 'expected' to trade for Luongo.

Last edited by Mtbrncofn; 03-05-2006 at 04:16 PM..
Old 03-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #889
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
That was a scary game to watch. Our guys were dropping left and right. I certainly hope whatever is wrong with Svatos is nothing serious and that Blakey doesn't have anything too bad either. He did seem to put that to rest when he went out and scored that goal a short while later though.
Is there some unspoken rule that Budaj has to start when the Avs play the Stars?

I had the same question for Q why couldn't budaj start vs the jackets and let bish start vs the stars, though i doubt bish would have made a big difference since the D was so anemic but i would almost say the score would have been alot closer. Iam really questioning Q anymore another issue is WHY breezby is getting some many minutes when he s**** so bad.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #890
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I had the same question for Q why couldn't budaj start vs the jackets and let bish start vs the stars, though i doubt bish would have made a big difference since the D was so anemic but i would almost say the score would have been alot closer. Iam really questioning Q anymore another issue is WHY breezby is getting some many minutes when he s**** so bad.
I guess we're seeing why the Habs fans wanted him gone so much. He can shine or he can **** the bed. He seems to **** a lot more than shine.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #891
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

Pro Athletes dont know how to gie up. I dont blame Lindros for trying what he is doing.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #892
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
Pro Athletes dont know how to gie up. I dont blame Lindros for trying what he is doing.
Ever heard of eddie kennison?
Old 03-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #893
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Well he quit on a team.... thats different from presevering athletically....
Old 03-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #894
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Ooooo, this hurts.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157284&hubname=nhl

The Carolina Hurricanes have suffered a setback to their aspirations to win the Stanley Cup because winger Erik Cole has suffered a significant neck injury.

The Hurricanes announced Sunday that Cole has a compression fracture in a vertebra in his neck expected to miss at least the rest of the regular season.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:37 PM   #895
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Damn, it looks like the Dead Things will get a Third.

Anyway, Go Rangers! (After the Av's of course)
Old 03-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #896
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Anyone have any inside info on Svatos? Damn, I hope this isn't the same shoulder thing with him.

That was a tough game to lose, since the Avs needed the points so badly. Way to go, D. The plethora of odd man breaks in that game was enough to cause heart failure.

Last edited by Mtbrncofn; 03-05-2006 at 11:16 PM..
Old 03-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #897
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Bwahahahahahaha! Gotta love a little factoid like this one:

Scott Young and Barret Jackman gave St. Louis an early two-goal lead Sunday as the lowly Blues beat injury-depleted Vancouver Canucks 4-1 for a sweep of their season series. Vancouver lost all four games to the last-place Blues.........
Old 03-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #898
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

The Avalanche has to beat St. Louis and Chicago after these last two pitiful performances against the Stars and Wild.

It's time for Sakic to start burying all these great chances he's getting. If he doesn't start scoring this team will be hard pressed to make the playoffs, especially if Svatos doesn't come back for a while.

Brisebois needs to be scratched or something. Everytime the opponent scores you can count on #71 being out there.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #899
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Just doesn't seem possible that Rob Blake is a -6 and Breeze only a -2.

The whole teams' +/- is pretty atrocious.

Last edited by Mtbrncofn; 03-05-2006 at 11:12 PM..
Old 03-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #900
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Bwahahahahahaha! Gotta love a little factoid like this one:

Scott Young and Barret Jackman gave St. Louis an early two-goal lead Sunday as the lowly Blues beat injury-depleted Vancouver Canucks 4-1 for a sweep of their season series. Vancouver lost all four games to the last-place Blues.........

And bertuzzi puts nothing on the board (again) the poor nucks have the manitoba defense playing with all the injuries.