The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #826
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I see Pierre Turgeon's name on the sheet. How'd he look out there tonight?
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:43 PM   #827
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

Tampa Bay's lack of goaltending will KILL them in the playoffs
dbroncos31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #828
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Apparently, the killing started early....with tonight's game. Ouch.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #829
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Red Wings played great tonight! gotta love it!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:21 AM   #830
Jori
US Olympian

But Detroit is without some of their regulars. They had five players on Team Sweden and none of them were dressed for the game last night. You know Dr. Brian Burke will be pissed because his Ducks will have to face a full Red Wings lineup tonight.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #831
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

My pens play, or attempt to play tonight.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:32 AM   #832
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Red Wings played great tonight! gotta love it!
it wasn't the Red Wings, it was not even a reasonable facsimile of the Red Wings. But hey, glad you could go to bed happy. Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Samuelsson and Kronwall are kinda important to this team (2nd, 3rd, 7th, and 8th on team in points) and all were out. Not to mention Draper, Chelios, Datsyuk and Lang didn't even have their own equipment. The price you pay for having so many olympians, i guess. Don't get used to watching the Wings lose 5-1, let alone lose period.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #833
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
I see Pierre Turgeon's name on the sheet. How'd he look out there tonight?
He looked allright, a little rusty. But then pretty much all of the Avs who didn't play in the Olympics looked that way, especially Tanguay.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #834
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Punk ass Jason Allison hits Ovechkin from behind into the boards.

Nice to see the Caps take up for their franchise player.
Allison's not dirty. Ovechkin clearly lost his edge...making it look kind of bad. There was clearly no bad intentions on Allison's part. He wasn't trying to hurt AO. But I do agree...it bodes well for him that his teammates jumped right in. Actually it's good for the team in general.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #835
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
He looked allright, a little rusty. But then pretty much all of the Avs who didn't play in the Olympics looked that way, especially Tanguay.

Yep he was rusty that's for sure, the way Q is playing him it seems hes just easing him back into the action playing only 12 mins.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #836
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Jori are you having problems getting into HFboards?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #837
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Owen Nolan not coming back this season

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=156803&hubname=

The Owen Nolan Sweepstakes are over almost before they began.

The big winger has decided he won't try to come back this season to the NHL because his surgically-repaired knee isn't yet 100 per cent.

''I have decided not to resume playing hockey this season,'' Nolan said. ''My knee is still not at the stage where I could be cleared to play. I was looking forward to signing and making an impact in the playoffs, but I am simply not as far along as I had hoped.

"It would not be fair to the teams that expressed an interest in my services if I could not give them one hundred percent of my abilities. Overall, I am probably in the best shape I have been in years. I look forward to getting my rehab finalized over the next few months and signing with a team this summer.''
Old 03-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #838
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Jori are you having problems getting into HFboards?
It's working fine for me.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #839
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Wolski gets the hat trick. He was named OHL player of the month for the third month in a row.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/news/?id=1657

He's currently 6th in the league in scoring despite getting a late start due to his stint with the Avs early this season. He's got 36 goals, 62 assists for 98 points in just 47 games.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #840
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
It's working fine for me.

It's working now, seems they are always having problems though.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #841
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Wolski gets the hat trick. He was named OHL player of the month for the third month in a row.

He's currently 6th in the league in scoring despite getting a late start due to his stint with the Avs early this season. He's got 36 goals, 62 assists for 98 points in just 47 games.
Ya i read that on another site, great for him and us!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #842
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:

Clockwork...I vaguely remember when the Avs drafted Wojtek. If memory serves he had some problems with the authorities, and that had something to do with him falling to the Avs. A fight or something. Obviously he's kept his nose clean since.

Is he a power forward? The Avs have been sorely missing that since they traded Deader away. What are the chances he gets called back up to the big team down the stretch...sort of the way Svatos broke in...and scored a game winning goal against Dallas in the playoffs a couple of years ago?
Old 03-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #843
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Clockwork...I vaguely remember when the Avs drafted Wojtek. If memory serves he had some problems with the authorities, and that had something to do with him falling to the Avs. A fight or something. Obviously he's kept his nose clean since.

Is he a power forward? The Avs have been sorely missing that since they traded Deader away. What are the chances he gets called back up to the big team down the stretch...sort of the way Svatos broke in...and scored a game winning goal against Dallas in the playoffs a couple of years ago?
He got into a fight at a party while in juniors and all of a sudden there were "legal issues" surrounding him. I don't see it as that big of a deal really, it's not like it was domestic violence or anything that raises serious red flags.

He's a big forward, that's for sure. Whether he fits the power forward mold depends on how his game develops. He's definitely got skill to go with his size. I'm excited to see him up with the Avs for a full season in '06-'07.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:07 PM   #844
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
He got into a fight at a party while in juniors and all of a sudden there were "legal issues" surrounding him. I don't see it as that big of a deal really, it's not like it was domestic violence or anything that raises serious red flags.

He's a big forward, that's for sure. Whether he fits the power forward mold depends on how his game develops. He's definitely got skill to go with his size. I'm excited to see him up with the Avs for a full season in '06-'07.
Right...that's what I thought regarding his legal issues. I guess it was the Avs blessing though...because he did drop.

When you say he's got the skill to go with his size....who would you compare him to...someone like Rick Nash? A young Keith Tkachuk?
Old 03-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #845
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Just found this on an ESPN draft site from 2004.

Scouts like Wolski's even-keeled nature and appreciate what he has, knowing what his parents went through to put him in this position.

"We talk about skill, but what happens at home is a big part of the player," said a scout. "This kid has his head screwed on right."

I could have sworn that I read that he dropped because of the fight. Oh well. I'm not bright, and am not a strong reader.

Here's the link. They say he has high end skill.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft/...er?playerId=33

One more edit. At the bottom of the page it says the following...

The Hockey News says: Character forward

Bring him up. Why not?

Last edited by Pendejo; 03-02-2006 at 03:14 PM..
Old 03-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #846
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Right...that's what I thought regarding his legal issues. I guess it was the Avs blessing though...because he did drop.

When you say he's got the skill to go with his size....who would you compare him to...someone like Rick Nash? A young Keith Tkachuk?
I've only seen Wolski in his short stint with the Avs so I don't quite know who to compare him to just yet. Though he seems to be something of a playmaker so I don't think he compares favorably to Rick Nash, a pure goal scorer.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #847
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Bring him up. Why not?
They can't bring him up. When you send a player back to juniors, they have to stay there for the entire season. He was too young to go to the minors so he was sent back to Brampton, which (while I didn't agree with the move) gives him a chance to get a lot more minutes and saves the Avs a year on his contract.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #848
Jori
US Olympian

The situation around Wolski is that he got into a fight at a party defending his girlfriend. If not for that incident, he would have been a top 15 pick, perhaps even top 10. He's the best forward prospect the Avs have had since Tanguay. He was drafted as a LW, but has been playing C for some time now and started taking off offensively once Luch Aquino returned.

He has the size of a power forward but he's more of a finesse player. The kid in our system to keep an eye on is Ryan Stoa, freshman at the University of Minnesota. He's a project and likely wont sniff the NHL for 3-4 years, but he could potentially be the power forward this team has lacked. He started out slow, but has been moved up to the top LW for the Gophers and has really started to come on offensively. For him to be on the top line of a stacked Gophers team is an accomplishment in itself.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #849
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/1703.0.php

SERTICH, GOLIGOSKI HOPING FOR NCAA RINGS
by Joe Sager
pittsburghpenguins.com
03/02/2006

It’s been three years since the Minnesota University men’s ice hockey team won an NCAA championship.

Andy Sertich and Alex Goligoski are helping the Golden Gophers bring their “A” game to their quest for another title.

The efforts of the two Pittsburgh Penguins prospects have Minnesota atop the national rankings with a 23-6-5 record. Sertich, a senior, is more concerned about getting another championship ring to go along with the one he received in 2003, while Goligoski, a sophomore, wants his first piece of NCAA jewelry.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:43 PM   #850
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
They can't bring him up. When you send a player back to juniors, they have to stay there for the entire season. He was too young to go to the minors so he was sent back to Brampton, which (while I didn't agree with the move) gives him a chance to get a lot more minutes and saves the Avs a year on his contract.
That explains it, and concisely so. Thank you.

He needs to add about 10-15 lbs...if what I was reading is accurate. 6'3 and 202 at the highest. I want him to be a thumper. He needs the weight if he's going to dominate the corners in the NHL.

This totally has nothing to do with anything it just struck me. But in 2001 I went to a Portland Winterhawks game against Regina. I was with my ex-girlfriend so we bought sweet seats. We were sitting around staid Winterhawks fans...and they kept talking about Adam Deadmarsh. The chick new I was a schill for Deader and squeezed my arm. But it's funny...they were talking about Deader, and not the great Cam Neely...(Edit: They both played for the Winterhawks.)

Ok. Nevermind. Pretend this post didn't happen.

Last edited by Pendejo; 03-02-2006 at 03:46 PM..