The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #776
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

The Patrick Roy trade was not a deadline deal, it was made in early December.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:12 AM   #777
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:46 PM   #778
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
The Avs are shown once again that they are no longer amongst the league's elite.

Jezzz one down year, take it easy man i really didn't expect much this year i was just glad to have hockey back on my TV set and after kono went down and then Ossi we will be lucky to make the first round the good part in some of the youngsters will get some valuable ice time. We will be back to normal next season with some new faces in the line up and beating the wings
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #779
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Jezzz one down year, take it easy man i really didn't expect much this year i was just glad to have hockey back on my TV set and after kono went down and then Ossi we will be lucky to make the first round the good part in some of the youngsters will get some valuable ice time. We will be back to normal next season with some new faces in the line up and beating the wings
Take it easy? I said before the season that this wasn't an elite team. Believe me, I'm not upset about it, I've accepted it as being just the way it is.

You can't have the mass exodus of talent that the Avs did (Forsberg, Foote, Kariya, Selanne, etc) and not have a drop off.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:34 PM   #780
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Thanks to Dish not sorting out their difficulties with OLN, I didn't get to see the game yesterday. After seeing the score, I guess I didn't miss much.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:36 AM   #781
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Thanks to Dish not sorting out their difficulties with OLN, I didn't get to see the game yesterday. After seeing the score, I guess I didn't miss much.
Scoreboard-wise, it was close until Detroit broke out in the third period. However the ice was tilted in the Avs end for the majority of the game. It was a pooly executed game plan by the Avs.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #782
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

http://www.battalionhockey.com/hm/in...7209a837c0f29e

Wojtek Wolski named OHL player of the month for January. That's two straight months he's earned that honor.

This kid is gonna be a good one. If Lacroix includes him in any deadline deal I'm gonna run amok with a meat cleaver.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:57 PM   #783
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
http://www.battalionhockey.com/hm/in...7209a837c0f29e

Wojtek Wolski named OHL player of the month for January. That's two straight months he's earned that honor.

This kid is gonna be a good one. If Lacroix includes him in any deadline deal I'm gonna run amok with a meat cleaver.

I will go on some type of jihad! as well.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:36 AM   #784
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Hockey's Future has updated their Top 50 prospects list

26-50
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

11-25
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:37 AM   #785
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Olympics first wounded..

http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/Olympi...eng161352.html

Feb 17 2006

(adds new Hasek quotes, Quinn quote)

By Alan Crosby

TURIN, Feb 17 (Reuters) - Top Czech goalie Dominik Hasek will leave the Olympics due to a leg injury, team officials said on Friday, dealing a severe blow to his team's chances of dethroning champions Canada.

Zbynek Kusy, general manager of the Czech ice hockey team, added that forward Patrik Elias was also leaving the Games after suffering a rib injury from a crosscheck during the club's opening game against Germany.

He said Dusan Salficky would replace Hasek, while Ales Kotalik would be called up for Elias.

"I'm not able to play. It's over," Hasek said. "I also don't want to get injured and have it affect the rest of the NHL season."

Hasek, a two-times NHL MVP, was the star of the Czech team that upset Canada and Russia on the way to Olympic gold in 1998, and was expected to reprise his role in Turin.

But the 41-year-old's Olympic dream was shattered less than 10 minutes into the Games, when he fell awkwardly while making a save.

He immediately came off the ice with a strained adductor muscle in his left leg.

The news hits hard a Czech team that has struggled so far even though they are considered one of the top two teams in the tournament.

The Czechs trailed Germany 1-0 after the first period on Wednesday before pulling away late in the game to win 4-1.

Bad went to worse as they underestimated a spirited Swiss team on Thursday, losing 3-2 in a game where goalie Tomas Vokoun, Hasek's replacement, admitted he played poorly.

"He's probably the biggest reason they won gold in 1998, and he would have been the dark horse to carry them to gold again," said Canadian coach Pat Quinn, who is also head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The injury to Elias comes just as he was getting his skating legs back.

The New Jersey Devils forward was not named to the original Czech team after he contracted Hepatitis A last year while playing in Russia during the NHL labour dispute.

He missed the first 39 games of the NHL season this year as he recovered, and was later added to the Czech squad after New York Rangers forward Petr Prucha went down with a knee injury days before the Games started.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:41 PM   #786
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

1-10

Ovechkin and Crosby switch from the last list, Phaneuf and Malkin might have as well.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:05 PM   #787
Octop***Y
Just Drafted

taco sucks
Octop***Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:24 PM   #788
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

http://www.iihf.com/news/OG06/torino1100.htm

Awards from the Olympics
MVP: Nittymaki

All-Star Team:
G: Nittymaki
D: Lidstrom, Timonen
F: Selanne, Koivu, Ovechkin
Old 02-27-2006, 09:27 AM   #789
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Anyone else so ready for NHL hockey to get back goin'? It feels like forever!
Old 02-27-2006, 10:22 AM   #790
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Big congrats to my boy Nitty! God he looked great the entire tourney.

Now, for the rant......

Why is Darius Kasperitis still able to walk? I swear, He should have had his knees blown off his body by now. That little prick has been going for Kneecaps his entire career. He can add another kneecap to his long list of dirty ass hits. Anyone see his blatant BS hit to Simon Gagne in the Olympics?
Kasperitis is as cheap as I've ever seen. At least when guys like Dale Hunter, Tie Domi and Scott Stevens were handing out their cheap shots, they would have no problem dropping their gloves to defend themselves. Darius is the worst kind of cheap shot artist. He makes the hit then runs like a little b**** when guys come looking for him.
He's been doing that bullchit ass hip to the knee his entire career. It's about time someone turns the table on him.
Little Commie focker!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #791
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

sour grapes because it was He (kasper) that setup lindross to be finished off by stevens.

Kasper's great!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #792
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Anyone else so ready for NHL hockey to get back goin'? It feels like forever!
time for the home stretch...what a shock that hasek won't be here to do more than be a cheerleader. somebody get peltonen a winged wheel sweater, quickly.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #793
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
http://www.iihf.com/news/OG06/torino1100.htm

Awards from the Olympics
MVP: Nittymaki

All-Star Team:
G: Nittymaki
D: Lidstrom, Timonen
F: Selanne, Koivu, Ovechkin

complete and utter bullshet....How did Lundqvist not get the MVP?
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #794
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27
time for the home stretch...what a shock that hasek won't be here to do more than be a cheerleader. somebody get peltonen a winged wheel sweater, quickly.

Wow. Is Hasek really out for an extended period? Hmmmm, wonder how that'll sit with the Sens.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #795
Boogerboots
Anytime now...

..just make the snow stop!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Larry Canada

Quote:
Wow. Is Hasek really out for an extended period? Hmmmm, wonder how that'll sit with the Sens.
All the talk shows in Ottawa are bringing up the debate about whether they get a vet goalie to replace Hasek while he's injured or just wing it with Emery. There's still no definitive word as to how long Hasek will sit out. There's a few trade rumors flying around about Phoenix who's looking to unload most of their veteran talent like Cujo, Ricci and even Doan. Ottawa may be a suitor for one or even several of these players.

Both Redden and Chara's contracts are up next year and the word is that Ottawa can't afford to re-sign both of them. It's possible that they could deal one of their D-men as well as, currently injured forward, Martin Havlat in a mega deal for Cujo and possibly Shane Doan, a power forward that GM Muckler covets.

Cujo is making 900k and would be a value pickup for any team looking for a vet goalie at the deadline. If Ottawa does persue Cujo, it sets up an ironic situation where he would replace Hasek while he sits out with his "abductor" injury. Hasek replaced Cujo in Detroit a few years back which eventually led to Cujo's departure from the Red Wings.
Boogerboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:05 AM   #796
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerboots
All the talk shows in Ottawa are bringing up the debate about whether they get a vet goalie to replace Hasek while he's injured or just wing it with Emery. There's still no definitive word as to how long Hasek will sit out. There's a few trade rumors flying around about Phoenix who's looking to unload most of their veteran talent like Cujo, Ricci and even Doan. Ottawa may be a suitor for one or even several of these players.

Both Redden and Chara's contracts are up next year and the word is that Ottawa can't afford to re-sign both of them. It's possible that they could deal one of their D-men as well as, currently injured forward, Martin Havlat in a mega deal for Cujo and possibly Shane Doan, a power forward that GM Muckler covets.

Cujo is making 900k and would be a value pickup for any team looking for a vet goalie at the deadline. If Ottawa does persue Cujo, it sets up an ironic situation where he would replace Hasek while he sits out with his "abductor" injury. Hasek replaced Cujo in Detroit a few years back which eventually led to Cujo's departure from the Red Wings.

I wonder if the Senators are dumb enough to take Weekes for Vermette I know it's a pipe dream....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #797
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerboots

I think the sens have the scoring power to over come average goaltending till hasek returns, but it will be interesting to see if the sens have any confidence in emery.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #798
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
sour grapes because it was He (kasper) that setup lindross to be finished off by stevens.

Kasper's great!

Wow, surprising that a Pens fan actually defends the coward. I don't have a problem with a player lowering the hamer on another player. I do have a problem with a player who repeatedly goes for players kneecaps!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #799
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Apparently, The Flyers are close to landing Shane Doan.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #800
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
Apparently, The Flyers are close to landing Shane Doan.

$3.192 million OUCH!