The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #51
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Crosby 10 games: 2 Goals, 12 Assists
Ovechkin 10 games : 6 Goals, 5 Assists

Hell of a race so far. Both youngsters within a couple points of the overall league leader, Jagr in total scoring.
Game 11, goal 7 under 4 minutes in
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:18 PM   #52
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Make that 8 goals for Ovechkin after a gorgeous shorthanded goal, his 2nd of the 1st period against Tampa.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:20 PM   #53
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Speaking of youngsters who're tearing it up, Eric Staal just scored his 2nd of the game against Philly. He's been flat out dominant this season.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:30 PM   #54
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

My mistake, I thought Staal was credited with the first Hurricanes goal. He's only got one tonight, but still, a star is being born in Carolina.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #55
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

OK, now Staal has two goals tonight.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:20 PM   #56
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

2 more goals for Ovechkin.

He's going to league the league in goals if he keeps it up. With 8 in 11, he is on a pace for 60 in his rookie season!!!

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #57
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Actually, I'm disgusted with the NHL so far this season. it's a flat out joke the penalties they are calling. I know every hockey fan see's the calls. I see guys going to the bench for literally, no exaggeration, grazing his stick on the puck carriers body.
This is BS. SWince when is Hockey a halfcourt (basketball term) game? There is absolutely ZERO flow to the game. For 2 minutes, the puck is in one end of the ice, then the next 2 minutes, it's in the other end of the ice due to power plays. This is a sick brand of "Hockey" and I don't like it. The NHL is turning Hockey into Soccer on skates with more scoring. Records that were untouchable will now be laughed at.
Before anyone jumps to conclusions, this has nothing to due with the Flyers. I see this BS all over the league. We now have players that dive when they feel the wind of another player to draw a penalty. Low and behold, the ref throws his arm up and calls a penalty.
This sucks. This isn't hockey. I don't know what the hell it is. It's literally figure skating with sticks and helmets. No contact allowed. You check, you go to the box! You bump, go to the box! You fart, you go to the box. I swear, soon, a player will get 2 minutes for farting. That's the way this league is headed.

All that said, I will continue to watch. I'm a Hockey fan but that doesn't mean I can't voice my displeasure for what they are doing to my NHL!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #58
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
2 more goals for Ovechkin.

He's going to league the league in goals if he keeps it up. With 8 in 11, he is on a pace for 60 in his rookie season!!!

Gagne has 9 goals in 8 games! Like I said above though, records mean absolutely nithing anymore. The way the league is structured, you'll have 10 players with 80 goals a season from now on.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:46 PM   #59
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
Actually, I'm disgusted with the NHL so far this season. it's a flat out joke the penalties they are calling. I know every hockey fan see's the calls. I see guys going to the bench for literally, no exaggeration, grazing his stick on the puck carriers body.
This is BS. SWince when is Hockey a halfcourt (basketball term) game? There is absolutely ZERO flow to the game. For 2 minutes, the puck is in one end of the ice, then the next 2 minutes, it's in the other end of the ice due to power plays. This is a sick brand of "Hockey" and I don't like it. The NHL is turning Hockey into Soccer on skates with more scoring. Records that were untouchable will now be laughed at.
Before anyone jumps to conclusions, this has nothing to due with the Flyers. I see this BS all over the league. We now have players that dive when they feel the wind of another player to draw a penalty. Low and behold, the ref throws his arm up and calls a penalty.
This sucks. This isn't hockey. I don't know what the hell it is. It's literally figure skating with sticks and helmets. No contact allowed. You check, you go to the box! You bump, go to the box! You fart, you go to the box. I swear, soon, a player will get 2 minutes for farting. That's the way this league is headed.

All that said, I will continue to watch. I'm a Hockey fan but that doesn't mean I can't voice my displeasure for what they are doing to my NHL!
Philly, you see that guy in your avatar? Yeah, him, the one who's turning Gagne into a scoring machine. You want him to stay in your lineup and off the injured list? Of course you do. Then you don't want the old hack 'n whack NHL back because if it does he reassumes the bullseye he wore in Colorado for a decade.

The league is still in the feeling out stage. Players are starting to adjust and the referees will too. Give it a little time.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:53 PM   #60
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Philly, you see that guy in your avatar? Yeah, him, the one who's turning Gagne into a scoring machine. You want him to stay in your lineup and off the injured list? Of course you do. Then you don't want the old hack 'n whack NHL back because if it does he reassumes the bullseye he wore in Colorado for a decade.

The league is still in the feeling out stage. Players are starting to adjust and the referees will too. Give it a little time.

Dude, I hear ya. I just can't take what I'm watching. I feel by the quality of your hockey posts, that you know the history of the game. I know you have to know about the broad street bullies. That's the Hockey I love. I know we'll never see that style again but this is horsechit what I'm watching on the ice. It's like making the NFL a touch football league. I don't like it at all.
I only hope that the league, players and refs come to some happy medium. Simply put, this style of Hockey BLOWS!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:31 PM   #61
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Dude, I hear ya. I just can't take what I'm watching. I feel by the quality of your hockey posts, that you know the history of the game. I know you have to know about the broad street bullies. That's the Hockey I love. I know we'll never see that style again but this is horsechit what I'm watching on the ice. It's like making the NFL a touch football league. I don't like it at all.
I only hope that the league, players and refs come to some happy medium. Simply put, this style of Hockey BLOWS!
I know what you're saying and it's being discussed nationally as well. That while people like the scoring chances and goals being up, they're worried that physical play and big hits are being phased out. They seem to be getting the players used to the no hooking/holding/obstruction rules and then I think we'll see them find some common ground as far as the hitting goes.

But I do agree with you 100% that the physical style of the league can't be compromised. The clutch & grab has been taken care of and I love that, but hitting is a part of the game (as is fighting) and it can't be lost in the shuffle.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:44 AM   #62
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

WTF are you talking about. The NHL is better than before.

I do agree with you on the penalties part, but most of them have been fair

Flyers to lose this sunday
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 06:49 AM   #63
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson

Heck they lost last night.....
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:37 AM   #64
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Make that 8 goals for Ovechkin after a gorgeous shorthanded goal, his 2nd of the 1st period against Tampa.
Yeah it was, I just wish the Caps would update their site with the goals from last night. They've still got the 'Canes game up from earlier this week.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #65
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson

How long have you been a hockey fan and who was your team before the Av's (I'm just assuming you're an av's fan).

Most Hockey puriest (pretty much East coast fans) hate what they are seeing.
If you like figure skating with sticks and helmets, more power to ya. I hate the way things are playing out right now. I hold out hope that the refs will swallow the whistle as the year progresses like they normally do. I just can't take the fact that checking is now a penalty.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #66
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Heck they lost last night.....

Gee, I'll bet they'll lose a few more as the season goes on.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #67
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Gee, I'll bet they'll lose a few more as the season goes on.
Easy man...
Old 10-29-2005, 01:16 PM   #68
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Easy man...
No biggie bro. Just a general retort to weak smack. That's all it was!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #69
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
No biggie bro. Just a general retort to weak smack. That's all it was!
It wasn't intended to be smack but stating the fact that they lost nothing more nothing less.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #70
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
How long have you been a hockey fan and who was your team before the Av's (I'm just assuming you're an av's fan).
Been a fan of the Sens for 11 years.

And I don't like the Avs nor the West Conference, but it's a pleasure to watch Detroit play (you'll love me for this).

Isn't it funny when JR was talking **** about how the Phillies were going to beat the sens in the playoffs, yet we blew you away 2 straight years.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #71
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

****ing b****es. Way to blow a 2 goal 3rd period lead and go from 2 points to 0. Damn Pens.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #72
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
****ing b****es. Way to blow a 2 goal 3rd period lead and go from 2 points to 0. Damn Pens.
How you like the 8-0 whoooooooping on the Leafs.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #73
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Most Hockey puriest (pretty much East coast fans) hate what they are seeing.
If you like figure skating with sticks and helmets, more power to ya. I hate the way things are playing out right now. I hold out hope that the refs will swallow the whistle as the year progresses like they normally do. I just can't take the fact that checking is now a penalty.
I swear we are watching different games. When 5 minutes bang off the clock before you blink because if you do you will miss some of the action, that's okay by me. Then when the hits come it's something to be excited about.

I don't miss endless scrums on the boards. The frickin' neutral zone couple skates. The penalties may be up but it's offset by no damn 2 line passes, offsides and icing whistles. Yeah, I miss those endless faceoffs. Especially the ones where the ref keeps picking who he wants to drop the puck for.

Maybe the guys in the east just don't know how to skate without holding each other up.

Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:29 PM   #74
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I would have to agree. It pains me to agree with you, but I really do. I don't like the pussification any more than you do. Gone are the days of a great hit....well the ones without a penalty being called it seems.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #75
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I thought they had that one. The Canes are surprising this year.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote