The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #676
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Oh yeah.......

GO FLYERS!!!!!!!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #677
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Vaananen is not having his best season defensivley dude. If you remmemer correctly, I was FOR the trade for him, as I thought he had potential to be one of the best definsive players in the league. I think he took a step back this year. It still sucks to see him go. I dont want to see any trades though, because we need to keep the little firepower we have.

I think Sauer has a TON of definsive potential. The guy is big, strong, and fast. A decent skater too. Will never do anything offensivley though.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #678
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
Socal you here for your spanking?

Sens pump some iron
Thanks for turning a 2-0 Penguin lead into a 7-2 loss.

For awhile there I was sweating it and was worried that we would blow all the ground we have made up on St. Louis for the best draft position.

Much obliged.

(Yes, its pathetic, but winning is no longer in the team's best interest for the rest of this season since the playoffs are impossible. Its all about draft positioning now.....although I would like to see Crosby continue to rack up points in his race against AO and watching him play has made Center Ice a worthwhile investment despite the losing).

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #679
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
Vaananen is not having his best season defensivley dude. If you remmemer correctly, I was FOR the trade for him, as I thought he had potential to be one of the best definsive players in the league. I think he took a step back this year. It still sucks to see him go. I dont want to see any trades though, because we need to keep the little firepower we have.

I think Sauer has a TON of definsive potential. The guy is big, strong, and fast. A decent skater too. Will never do anything offensivley though.
Ossi had the very difficult task of being partnered with Patrice Brisebois. The fact that Vaananen finished at +10 playing with Brise is a testament to his defensive ability.

Ossi had a slow start to the season adjusting to the new rules, but he picked it up the last month and a half. I hope Sauer can play well after sitting out so long.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:02 AM   #680
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
Yeah, That was amazing. I had the volume down so I didn't hear the description at first.

At first I was thinking it was a penalty shot. If it was, that goal would not have been aloud since he didn't keep his forward progress.
I couldn't figure out what the hell was happening until I turned the sound up.

That is an amazing skill but you'll NEVER see that in an actual game. It takes way to much time to pull off.

The sweetest goal in my book was about 8 years ago I guess, The dude in college who was behind the net, picked the puck up similar to what this guy did, and while still standing behind the net, tucked the puck in the top left corner.
The goal in college you're thinking of was scored by Mike Legg of the University of Michigan in 1996. He actually did it in a NCAA Regional final against Minnesota while the Wolverines were trailing the Gophers 2-1. His goal obviously tied the score at 2 and Michigan would go on to win 4-3 and eventually win the 1996 national championship.

http://www.extremesportclips.com/vie...vid=408&sec=mr (What the hell were the Minnesota defenseman doing?)

A similar goal was scored this season by Robert Nilsson of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the New York Islanders AHL affiliate.

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/pres...ia/nilsson.wmv

Sidney Crosby scored the same way in the QMJHL in 2003 for Rimouski. Crosby did it when the game was already out of hand and Don Cherry was none to pleased, voicing his displeasure on Coach's Corner.

I can't find a good link to Crosby's goal right now.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #681
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Even though im a Kings fan, I am looking forward to the big game......Red Wings vs Avs. I think its the best rivalry in the NHL. Hope to see some fights today.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:16 AM   #682
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
General hockey thread
Ahhhh. General hockey is awesome.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:37 AM   #683
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
For awhile there I was sweating it and was worried that we would blow all the ground we have made up on St. Louis for the best draft position.
So the Pens are going to be penalized right since they picked 1st overall last year? I mean it's only fair that if the NHL penalized Washington and Florida twice for winning the lottery the three previous seasons when they did the Crosby-lottery, they'd continue to do that into the foreseeable future, right?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:53 AM   #684
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
So the Pens are going to be penalized right since they picked 1st overall last year? I mean it's only fair that if the NHL penalized Washington and Florida twice for winning the lottery the three previous seasons when they did the Crosby-lottery, they'd continue to do that into the foreseeable future, right?

yeah but the NHL has to help Mario save the franchise....I see Kessler as Crosby II....whinny little b**** that thinks he should have all the calls
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #685
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

They need Eric Johnson more than they need Phil Kessel
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #686
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
They need Eric Johnson more than they need Phil Kessel
True...I really like the third Staal...I think he will be better then Eric.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:27 AM   #687
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Weren't we comparing shutouts between a certain team in red and some other team from Denver at some point? I noticed Saturday's game passed with nary a whimper from anyone so i thought i'd give the result for anyone who missed it...

Red Wings-3
Avalanche-0

You may now go back to pretending it didn't happen. Thank You.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Hockey Fan
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #688
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27
Weren't we comparing shutouts between a certain team in red and some other team from Denver at some point? I noticed Saturday's game passed with nary a whimper from anyone so i thought i'd give the result for anyone who missed it...

Red Wings-3
Avalanche-0

Sincerely,

A Concerned Hockey Fan

Nice job beating the injury depleted avs whom held you scoreless for 2 periods.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #689
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Let the excuses wash over you, Bronx. Sooner or later, they will make you feel better about being shutout....Really.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #690
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Let the excuses wash over you, Bronx. Sooner or later, they will make you feel better about being shutout....Really.

Typical arrogant wings fan i see, but hey i never took anything away from your wingies you the one that felt it nesessary to be an a** and make a smart a**ed post about the game a couple days AFTER the game.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #691
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

No, you just took a swipe at holding us scoreless for two periods, like it was some great accomplishment of yours or shortcoming of ours. Toss out the 'injury depleted' card instead of just saying, 'Congrats, your team was better on that day'. Whether it was before or after is irrelevant. As a typical Avs fan, you prefer to make excuses and/or make yourself feel better about a shutout by playing the 'arrogant' card which is very puss-like. Besides, the post about the shutout was not aimed at you, it was aimed at some other myopic avs fan who was making the argument that the avs defense was every bit as good as the wings' despite having less shutouts and more goals allowed. But nice of you to try and protect the honor of your team with such moronic, excuse-laden rants that deflect from your team's inability to beat the wings and put the emphasis on some irrelevant and mindless post about arrogance. Weak.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #692
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
No, you just took a swipe at holding us scoreless for two periods, like it was some great accomplishment of yours or shortcoming of ours. Toss out the 'injury depleted' card instead of just saying, 'Congrats, your team was better on that day'. Whether it was before or after is irrelevant. As a typical Avs fan, you prefer to make excuses and/or make yourself feel better about a shutout by playing the 'arrogant' card which is very puss-like. Besides, the post about the shutout was not aimed at you, it was aimed at some other myopic avs fan who was making the argument that the avs defense was every bit as good as the wings' despite having less shutouts and more goals allowed. But nice of you to try and protect the honor of your team with such moronic, excuse-laden rants that deflect from your team's inability to beat the wings and put the emphasis on some irrelevant and mindless post about arrogance. Weak.

lol...asking Avs fans to kiss Redwing ass....get real
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 AM   #693
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

hell, it ain't kissing ass to say another team was better. ass kissing would be something like: 'man, legace was the second coming of patrick roy out there today and that PK of the Wings is more like a PP for them, they're so stingy!' but hey, the season continues and we'll see you in the first round of the playoffs, IF you make it.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #694
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
hell, it ain't kissing ass to say another team was better. ass kissing would be something like: 'man, legace was the second coming of patrick roy out there today and that PK of the Wings is more like a PP for them, they're so stingy!' but hey, the season continues and we'll see you in the first round of the playoffs, IF you make it.
your asking too much...enjoy your win and leave it at that

Last edited by bronco militia; 02-06-2006 at 10:42 AM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #695
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

fair enough.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #696
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Congrats, your team was better...again, damnit. It still sucks though and I'd choke if a kudos to the Wings came to mind.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #697
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Karma getting the preds, it looks like walker might have broke his wrist vs the stars.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:39 PM   #698
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
wait till the playoffs and we will see who is kissing who's ass.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #699
Jori
US Olympian

Nothing wrong with admitting that Detroit was the better team on Saturday. Whether the Avs are healthy or not, Detroit is a bad matchup for them due to their current personnel.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #700
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:

Red Wings-3
Avalanche-0

Sincerely,

A Concerned Hockey Fan
There was a thread on the main board during the game Saturday. You'd like to think we pretended it didn't happen though that's not the case. Colorado fans concede that Detroit is better this year.

Quote:
Besides, the post about the shutout was not aimed at you, it was aimed at some other myopic avs fan who was making the argument that the avs defense was every bit as good as the wings' despite having less shutouts and more goals allowed.
Who said the Avs have a better defense than the Wings? The Avs defense has been mediocre to bellow average all season. Maybe you're talking about the post where you spewed something about the Avs not having many shutouts and I noted the Avs had the same number of shutouts as the Wings (which was true at the time).

The Avs aren't going to win the Cup, that's for sure, but I doubt the Wings will either. Manny Legace isn't good enough to carry a team to the Cup and Detroit isn't as dominant as they were in 1998 with Chris freking Osgood between the pipes.

I have a feeling the Wings will flame out spectacularly like they did in 1995, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2003. I've never seen a good team fall apart like the Red Wings have in the playoffs over the years; swept by the Devils, lose 4 straight to the Avs after being up 2 games to none, wimper out in 5 games to the Avs, lose 4 straight to the Kings after being up 2 games to none (including losing a 3-0 lead with six minutes to go in game 4!!!), and swept away by the Ducks. I won't even count the 1994, 1996, and 2004 teams in the choke catergory even though the Wings were heavily favored against San Jose, Colorado, and Calgary, respectively.

I give the Wings all the credit for winning three Cups this era, but man, when they face the slightest bit of adversity in the playoffs they fold like a cheap tent. The one time they didn't was 2002 and it kills me to this day that they came back against us in the Western Conference Finals. All Colorado had to do was win game 6 at home and they'd have the 3-2 Cup advantage and be 4-1 in the playoffs vs Detroit.