The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #651
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Saw that over at HF, gonna have to be a lot of picks involved to get that to go down.
do you post at HF? I only troll the Rangers board...

once again, Crosby cried like a b**** in his game tonight....The rangers fans started chanting Crosby sucks and Long Live Henrik!...funny....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:15 PM   #652
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle

once again, Crosby cried like a b**** in his game tonight....The rangers fans started chanting Crosby sucks and Long Live Henrik!...funny....
The mods on most of the boards are really picky and give warnings for the stupidest stuff.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #653
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

This is for the Avs fans of which I'm one. I was perusing hockeyfights.com as I have for some time now...and I wondered if Super Joe had ever had a fight. He did, and he dominated. The proof lies in the video. Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.de/files/10488987/...lmour.wmv.html
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #654
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

I wouldn't trade Brad May for Jose Theodore, let alone Laperriere, Hinote and Fritsche.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #655
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
This is for the Avs fans of which I'm one. I was perusing hockeyfights.com as I have for some time now...and I wondered if Super Joe had ever had a fight. He did, and he dominated. The proof lies in the video. Enjoy.

Gilmour got shredded.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #656
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
I wouldn't trade Brad May for Jose Theodore, let alone Laperriere, Hinote and Fritsche.

Theodore does not impress me.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #657
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:

"Killer" gets beat up by a future Lady Byng winner.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #658
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle
I lurk, which makes the trading deadline crappy for me since they shut the board down to only registered users and I don't feel like taking the time to register.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #659
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

I never liked Gilmour, met Joe Sakic and his wife walking around in Las Vegas before the All-star game a couple years back.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #660
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Calgary lost in a shootout vs the jackets tonight...
Old 02-02-2006, 06:56 AM   #661
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Theodore does not impress me.

me neither....He had really one great season and has been riding the wave of that....I think Goalies like Kolzig or Manny Fernadez would be better/cheaper options...
Old 02-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #662
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Sauve and Reinprecht traded to the yotes

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...02_012012_4692

CALGARY (CP) -- The Calgary Flames traded centre Steven Reinprecht and backup goaltender Philippe Sauve to Phoenix for goaltender Brian Boucher and left wing Mike Leclerc on Wednesday.

The Flames announced the deal after their 2-1 loss to Columbus. Reinprecht, the Flames sixth lead scorer, was a healthy scratch for the game.

Reinprecht says he will look back on his time in Calgary fondly.

"I loved it, it's probably one of the best hockey cities in the world," he said. "It's been a blast playing here."

Reinprecht, 29, recorded 10 goals and 19 assists in 52 games this season with the Flames.

Now he's looking towards the future.

"I'm excited, Wayne Gretzky is the best player that ever has played the game," Reinprecht said. "To learn from him is going to be an honour."

The six-foot, 195-pound Edmonton native has played in six NHL seasons with Los Angeles, Colorado and Calgary, recording 69 goals and 122 assists in 321 games.

Sauve's last start in Colorado on Jan. 24 he gave up seven goals on 27 shots in a 7-4 loss. Sutter wasn't happy after that performance and put Sauve on waivers the next day.

"I went through a tough week that's for sure," Sauve said. "The situation here was kind of different. This is going to be good for me."

Sauve, 25, played eight games for Calgary this season, recording a 3-3-0 record, a 3.28 goals against average and an .891 save percentage.

The six-foot, 188-pound netminder is playing in only his second NHL season. He spent the 2003-04 campaign with the Colorado Avalanche, registering a 7-7-3 record, a 3.04 goals against average and an .896 save percentage in 17 games.

"It kind of stuns you at first, but I think I'm walking into a good opportunity," said Sauve. "It's going to be good for me and I'm looking forward to it."

Flames captain Jarome Iginla was also surprised when he heard about the trade.

"It's always a shock, you never expect these things. All the guys, we wish them well. We know they're very good players and great teammates," said Iginla."It's part of hockey and we respect the players that are coming back in the trade."

Leclerc, 29, played in 35 games with the Coyotes this season, collecting nine goals and 12 assists. Iginla is familiar with Leclerc since he has played against him since junior hockey.

"We're around the same age," Iginla said. "He's a good power forward. He's got good hands in front of the net. He scores his share of goals. He can get really hot too which is a good thing."

The six-foot-two left winger has 63 goals and 90 assists in 26 NHL career games with Anaheim and the Coyotes. The Winnipeg native was drafted in the third round, 55th overall, by the Mighty Ducks in the 1995 Entry Draft.

Boucher has a 3-6-0 record, a 3.87 GAA and an .877 save percentage in 11 games this season with Phoenix. The 29-year-old was acquired by the Coyotes in a trade with Philadelphia on June 12, 2002, and has played in three seasons with Phoenix. In his six-year NHL career split between Phoenix and Philadelphia, he has a 74-83-30 record in 199 NHL games.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #663
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

I always liked Reinprecht, I would rather have him then Rucchin on the Rangers...
Old 02-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #664
PatsWin2002
Giggity

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere, but I just got this link in an email.

Check out this goal:
http://www.break.com/index/amazinggoal.html
PatsWin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #665
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Right. It's a stupid trade. Theodore hasn't been decent in a couple of seasons now. Trading away Laperriere and Hinote is basically giving away your grit. You still need chippy players...even in this incarnation of the NHL. Aebischer(sp?) is playing well now. Obviously they need a solid backup, but not at that price. It's too steep...at least for what they'd purportedly be getting back in return.

If Lacroix wants a name goalie...he should throw the bank at the Panthers and try to pry Luongo away. The writing is on the wall in Florida. Roberto wants out. The price would be far greater than Lappy, and Hinote, but you'd be getting a legit stud. Not some guy named after one of the Chipmunks whose family runs a loan-sharking business.

I don't get to see the Avs as much as those of you living in CO, but in my estimation the Avs still need to replace Konowalchuk, and they need a solid defenseman.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #666
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Uh oh. Vaananen out with a broken Ankle.

This might suck. I was just thinking though, Vaananen hasn't really performed this year. I never expect him to score, but his defense hasn't been up to par this year. We need to bring in another good d-man now.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #667
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf

This might suck. I was just thinking though, Vaananen hasn't really performed this year. I never expect him to score, but his defense hasn't been up to par this year. We need to bring in another good d-man now.
I'm sure Sauer will get a chance. He has potential, and he's still young.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #668
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Anyone pining for Theodore hasn't watched him play this season. Montreal can keep their overrated goaltender and his fat contract.

If the Avs trade Lappy I'm gonna break something valuable. All the guy has done is set career highs in goals, assists & points while being a teriffic penalty killer and dropping the gloves when necessary. Why on earth
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:35 AM   #669
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Ottawa's Chara vs Pitt's Recchi in a fight.....who ya got?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:02 AM   #670
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

dang, injuries are killing the Avs. Kono, Turgeon, now Vanannan and Hejduk (though hopeufully not too long). I would just like to see this team healthy.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:56 AM   #671
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A
dang, injuries are killing the Avs. Kono, Turgeon, now Vanannan and Hejduk (though hopeufully not too long). I would just like to see this team healthy.
The Avs haven't had a lot of small, nagging injuries that take guys out of the lineup for a few games here or there, but they've had two major, season ending injuries to Kono and now Vaananen.

The Turgeon shoulder injury was fairly serious, though the Avs have played well without him and Brad Richardson has done well filling in for Pierre.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #672
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Socal you here for your spanking?

Sens pump some iron
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #673
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf

Vaananen has played great what the heck are you talking about? a stay at home defensemen at +10, try watching a game dude.

Last edited by Bronx33; 02-03-2006 at 10:27 PM..
Old 02-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #674
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsWin2002
Sorry if this was already posted somewhere, but I just got this link in an email.

Check out this goal:
http://www.break.com/index/amazinggoal.html

wOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! HOly COw that is a sweet SHOT!!!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #675
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Yeah, That was amazing. I had the volume down so I didn't hear the description at first.

At first I was thinking it was a penalty shot. If it was, that goal would not have been aloud since he didn't keep his forward progress.
I couldn't figure out what the hell was happening until I turned the sound up.

That is an amazing skill but you'll NEVER see that in an actual game. It takes way to much time to pull off.

The sweetest goal in my book was about 8 years ago I guess, The dude in college who was behind the net, picked the puck up similar to what this guy did, and while still standing behind the net, tucked the puck in the top left corner.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote