The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #4576
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
I'm not so sure about that...
I am. Those sheep will now make him the scapegoat for all that's been wrong with the Canchokes for the last two seasons. Watch and see.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:07 PM   #4577
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
I am. Those sheep will now make him the scapegoat for all that's been wrong with the Canchokes for the last two seasons. Watch and see.
If they play well, then yea...why not make him the scapegoat? You can't deny the fact that he was a drag on that team IMO. Although, most, if not all Canucks fans were and will remain Bertuzzi fans, in my estimation.

Great deal for Vancouver though. They get an elite goalie and a nice D prospect for a headcase, a solid defensive defenseman, and an adequate starting keeper. Good deal...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #4578
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
If they play well, then yea...why not make him the scapegoat? You can't deny the fact that he was a drag on that team IMO. Although, most, if not all Canucks fans were and will remain Bertuzzi fans, in my estimation.
Vancouver fans blast everyone who leaves. They loved Burke, but ripped him on the way out. Same with Crawford. Same with many, many players. All of them were worthless or part of the problem and the team is better off without them.

I've said this before, I'll say it again. **** Canchoke fans and **** Bertuzzi. I have no respect for either and never will.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:21 PM   #4579
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Default Jesus christ pal

Quote:
Vancouver fans blast everyone who leaves. They loved Burke, but ripped him on the way out. Same with Crawford. Same with many, many players. All of them were worthless or part of the problem and the team is better off without them.

I've said this before, I'll say it again. **** Canchoke fans and **** Bertuzzi. I have no respect for either and never will.
Ease the f*** up with all the bashing...

In case you haven't noticed, I'm more or less a Canucks fan. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan or diehard, but Van is by far my favorite. Am I that bad? Me thinks not...

You may be right with other players, but IMO you're off target with Burke and Crawford. The impression I got was that the fans were peeved at ownership for making/letting Burke leave...not at Burke for leaving. Crawford was seen as part of the problem this year IMO (and maybe two years ago too), meaning he was bashed beforehand.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #4580
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Penguins at center of draft intrigue

By Karen Price
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, June 24, 2006

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- The rumors were swirling Friday night around the Penguins, their No. 2 pick in today's NHL Entry Draft and whether they would keep it or trade it.
But after leaving the NHL general managers meetings late yesterday afternoon, Penguins GM Ray Shero was keeping his plans to himself.

"Our mandate is we have to be prepared to pick at No. 2, and we have to be prepared for all these different scenarios," Shero said.

The prominent rumor yesterday concerned the Penguins trading the second pick to the Carolina Hurricanes for defenseman Jack Johnson, the defenseman whom the Stanley Cup champions drafted third overall in 2005. The Hurricanes would then use the second pick to select center Jordan Staal, brother of their current star forward, Eric Staal.

"(I told Shero) 'If you're moving the pick, give me a call,' " Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said yesterday.

Shero said speaking to Rutherford was on the agenda for last night.

"As of later ... I'll have talked to everybody including Carolina, and I'll see where we are," he said yesterday. "So we'll see."

Shero wouldn't say whether the prospect of getting Johnson was attractive to him and answered the question by saying they needed to be ready for whatever came along. But Johnson is a highly regarded defenseman who just finished his freshman year at the University of Michigan, and he also happens to be good friends with Sidney Crosby.

The Hurricanes asked Johnson to sign with them after his college season ended and join them for their playoff run, but Johnson declined because he felt he wasn't ready to make the jump to the NHL.

"I'm only 18, and I thought I needed more time," Johnson said by phone last night. "I just don't want to rush things."

Johnson said he'd heard the rumors as well and would be watching today's proceedings closely.

"My allegiance is to the Carolina Hurricanes, but if they want to trade me, by all means trade me," he said. "I want to go some place where they really want me."

Shero inquired about moving up to the first spot overall to select another highly regarded defenseman, Erik Johnson, whom the No. 1 St. Louis Blues said Thursday they planned to draft if they didn't trade the pick. But Shero believes the price to trade up will be too high.

"I talked to (Blues GM) Larry (Pleau on Friday) morning, and he's got to get something really good," Shero said. "I don't think, speaking from Pittsburgh's standpoint, that I can satisfy him in terms of the assets to give up to move up. I would have interest in doing that, just like a lot of teams, but at the end of the day, we've got some decent assets in place and we're going to get a good player at two. I have to keep that in mind."

The draft doesn't begin until 3 p.m. in Vancouver, Shero pointed out, so there will still be plenty of time for negotiations this morning. It was believed that as of last night another team had stepped into play and was making serious offers for the Penguins' second pick as well.

Shero said if they stayed at No. 2, they knew who they were going to draft. He wouldn't tip his hand, although it's believed they are high on center/winger Jonathan Toews. The Penguins staff has met with Toews, Staal, Johnson and fifth-ranked Phil Kessel since arriving in Vancouver.

"I don't think (the Penguins) want to obviously tell me anything so I go ratting out to other teams," Toews said when asked if he thought the Penguins were interested in him. "I think every team wants to keep their cards pretty close in and not let anyone else know what their intentions are on draft day."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_459432.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bring me Jack!

Seems the team is telling each paper something different things. The Pittsburgh Post Gazette says that they are favoring Kessel (which I hope is true) and the Tribune Review here says Toews if the pick is kept.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:35 PM   #4581
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Ease the f*** up with all the bashing...

In case you haven't noticed, I'm more or less a Canucks fan. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan or diehard, but Van is by far my favorite. Am I that bad? Me thinks not...

You may be right with other players, but IMO you're off target with Burke and Crawford. The impression I got was that the fans were peeved at ownership for making/letting Burke leave...not at Burke for leaving. Crawford was seen as part of the problem this year IMO (and maybe two years ago too), meaning he was bashed beforehand.
I'm not easing up on anything. If it bothers you that much, put me on ignore. I developed a very healthy contempt for all things Vancouver throughout the entire Bertuzzi/Moore ordeal and that won't be changing anytime soon.

When I rip Canchoke fans, I'm not talking directly to you unless that's the way you choose to take it.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #4582
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Anyway, if Keenan is feeling generous, someone from the Avs should be on the phone with him right now seeing if they could pry Bouwmeester out of there for a shiny new nickel or a roll of hockey tape. They gave up Luongo for Bertuzzi, so I guess anything's possible.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:48 PM   #4583
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
I'm not easing up on anything. If it bothers you that much, put me on ignore. I developed a very healthy contempt for all things Vancouver throughout the entire Bertuzzi/Moore ordeal and that won't be changing anytime soon.

When I rip Canchoke fans, I'm not talking directly to you unless that's the way you choose to take it.
That's fine...

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't the least bit against Vancouver making an attempt at retaliating. But there were obviously certain things that were out of line in that whole ordeal. First of which was the public threats made by Brad May and others. Then, the way Bert attacked Moore from behind and caused a severe injury. That was way out of line, and no Canucks fan in their right mind should've defended it (I'm sure there were plenty in your eyes, as there were in mine). If you're pissed about the way Vancouver supported him afterwards...I don't know what to tell you. The man was a loved member of the hometown team. Part of me said "damn that was ****ing stupid," but part of me also said "Bert knows he made a big-ass mistake, and I'll support him as a fellow human being."

Anyways, this ****'s been debated already...no need to brew up anymore bad blood IMO.

And, CO, who are you trying to kid. I'm not about to put in you on ignore bro, I was just a little caught off guard by the whole "**** you" comment...I still like you. At least put me in the "other" group of 'nucks fans.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:12 AM   #4584
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
And, CO, who are you trying to kid. I'm not about to put in you on ignore bro, I was just a little caught off guard by the whole "**** you" comment...I still like you. At least put me in the "other" group of 'nucks fans.
No big thing, dude. Just a subject that still hits a nerve with me from time to time. You are certainly in the "other" group of Vancouver fans.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:15 AM   #4585
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
No big thing, dude. Just a subject that still hits a nerve with me from time to time. You are certainly in the "other" group of Vancouver fans.
Hell, I was even cheering for Edmonton in the playoffs. That may put me in the "other" group in the eyes of other 'nucks fans too...

Peace
Old 06-24-2006, 12:47 PM   #4586
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Good to see that HFBoards is down on Draft Day
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #4587
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good chance you'll land Kessel today Herc (although I am hoping we pick him if we can't work out a trade). That would be a scary first line. Too much speed its almost not fair.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #4588
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Good to see that HFBoards is down on Draft Day
Draft day and the trade deadline, never fails.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #4589
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Good chance you'll land Kessel today Herc (although I am hoping we pick him if we can't work out a trade). That would be a scary first line. Too much speed its almost not fair.
Backstrom, Toews, or Mueller are my guesses.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #4590
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Draft day and the trade deadline, never fails.
The trade deadline is usually from an overloaded server, today it seems to be a database error.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:15 PM   #4591
Jori
US Olympian

I'm usually on HF Chat on draft day.

That Jack Johnson to the Pens for the 2nd overall pick may have some legs. If the story about Chicago wanting Toews at #3 is true, Kessel may be sitting there for the Caps.

If this happens, it's a stupid move by the Canes imo. That's an old defense and Jordan Staal is only going top five because of his name.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #4592
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Johnson to Pitt is a joke of a trade for Carolina. Staal is nowhere near the prospect Johnson is.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:27 PM   #4593
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Johnson to Pitt is a joke of a trade for Carolina. Staal is nowhere near the prospect Johnson is.
I just hope Shero doesnt ruin it by getting too greedy. I read he is trying to force Carolina to sweeten the pot by throwing in Ladd because he knows Rutherford desperately wants Staal.

Don't get ****ing greedy, just take JJ and shutup, dont ruin the deal, Ray!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #4594
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Don't get ****ing greedy, just take JJ and shutup, dont ruin the deal, Ray!!!
****ing greedy is simply a straight-up deal
Old 06-24-2006, 03:34 PM   #4595
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

According to TSN, Dallas has traded Niko Kapanen & a 7th round pick to Atlanta for Patrick Stefan & Jaroslav Modry
Old 06-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #4596
Jori
US Olympian

Patrick Stefan? Alrighty
Old 06-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #4597
Jori
US Olympian

Looks like the Pens will hold on to the pick...we shall see.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:08 PM   #4598
Jori
US Olympian

Pens will take Toews or Staal.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #4599
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Pens will take Toews or Staal.
That better be just talk on their part to force more concessions from trading partners.

Kessel or JJ or Weber plus change, get it done, Ray!
Old 06-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #4600
Jori
US Olympian

Pens were asking for too much from Carolina, so it looks like that deal is dead; this according to Pierre McGuire on TSN.