The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2006, 11:49 PM   #4526
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

SoCal, you really have to stop doing these Mock posts so late at night. The loud guffaws that come out of me wake my kids up!
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:51 PM   #4527
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
You get major rep for mentioning Melanie Brodeur going Delta Burke between 2000 and 2001. She was a straight up hottie when the Devils beat the Stars for the Cup and then one year later she looked like she'd eaten a small country. No wonder Marty was diddling her sister.
Ewww, her sister?! That's who it was?! Geez, that's just not right.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #4528
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn
Ewww, her sister?! That's who it was?! Geez, that's just not right.
She wasn't exactly a saint either from what I've heard. After they separated, she used to call him an hour before games and tell him that she was going out on dates and would give some pretty lude accounts of her plans for the night.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 PM   #4529
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

How the hell is it that I never hear all this good stuff you always know on these kinds of things?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:02 AM   #4530
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn
How the hell is it that I never hear all this good stuff you always know on these kinds of things?
Just things you hear over the course of time. Spend some time on other teams hockey boards and you pick up some dirt here and there from fans of other teams.

I was a mod on a hockey site for a few years (I know, hard to believe, but true), so I spent time on every team board and had some very interesting conversations.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #4531
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

you mean when tom barasso's wife stabbed him the leg when he was caught with the baby sitter?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:52 AM   #4532
Tredici
Ring of Famer

I thought it was Broduer's sister-in-law on the other side. Meaning his brother's wife.

And thanks for the great post SoCal. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #4533
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...49491-sun.html

Update on the Pens pick situation.

If all the Pens have to give up for JJ is the 2nd, it's a total theft on their part. I think the Weber (and I'm assuming + other assets) for the 2nd is more realistic.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #4534
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
I thought it was Broduer's sister-in-law on the other side. Meaning his brother's wife.

And thanks for the great post SoCal. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
You could be right, my memory of the situation is a bit fuzzy. Either way, that was a pretty nasty situation all around.

I also want to add that I read yesterday that Phil Kessel's favorite hockey player is Joe Sakic. That's the clincher, trade up for him Franky!!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #4535
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

take him - kessel's a biatch. he's soft.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #4536
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
take him - kessel's a biatch. he's soft.
So's Crosby.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:09 AM   #4537
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Looks like Blakey's acting as his own agent.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...796092,00.html

Rob Blake is handling his own contract negotiations and is hopeful of signing a new, two-year deal with the Avalanche, perhaps as early as next week.

The 36-year-old defenseman, who made $6,364,111 last season, plans to speak with new Avalanche general manager Francois Giguere on Monday or Tuesday, after Saturday's NHL entry draft.

"It's where I want to play, in Denver," Blake said Thursday from his home in California. "I would like to play two more years, for sure. I don't think I would go any longer than two years."

I really like this tidbit.

Blake sounded open to taking a hometown discount, as Avalanche captain Joe Sakic did Tuesday when he signed a one-year, $5.75 million contract, nearly $1 million less than his 2005-06 salary.

Last edited by Clockwork Orange; 06-23-2006 at 11:11 AM..
Old 06-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #4538
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
So's Crosby.

He's not soft, he just biatches. Example: Jagr is soft.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #4539
Jori
US Olympian

It looks like Chicago will take Toews if he's still there at #3.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #4540
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Looks like Blakey's acting as his own agent.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...796092,00.html

Rob Blake is handling his own contract negotiations and is hopeful of signing a new, two-year deal with the Avalanche, perhaps as early as next week.

The 36-year-old defenseman, who made $6,364,111 last season, plans to speak with new Avalanche general manager Francois Giguere on Monday or Tuesday, after Saturday's NHL entry draft.

"It's where I want to play, in Denver," Blake said Thursday from his home in California. "I would like to play two more years, for sure. I don't think I would go any longer than two years."

I really like this tidbit.

Blake sounded open to taking a hometown discount, as Avalanche captain Joe Sakic did Tuesday when he signed a one-year, $5.75 million contract, nearly $1 million less than his 2005-06 salary.

Go Blakey...git r done.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #4541
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
He's not soft, he just biatches. Example: Jagr is soft.
Jagr looks like Scott Stevens compared to Alexei Yashin.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #4542
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
It looks like Chicago will take Toews if he's still there at #3.
The real question is who does Pittsburgh take? That's going to set the dominoes falling.

I want Staal to fall to Washington at #4.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #4543
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:

this i won't refute.

I did find the karmic irony in jagr's should doing him in this year, after that shameless ploy in which mario just kicked him out for having a mangina.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #4544
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
The real question is who does Pittsburgh take? That's going to set the dominoes falling.

I want Staal to fall to Washington at #4.

No word on/from the post-gazette - Sherro seems tight lipped.

I don't think they know who they will draft.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #4545
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
I look like Scott Stevens compared to Yashin.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:16 PM   #4546
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Looks like Havlat is pulling a Luongo on the Sens.

Havlat only wants to sign a one-year deal

If Martin Havlat is going to sign with the Ottawa Senators, it is going to be for only one year.

Havlat's agent Allan Walsh said Friday his client is only interested in a one year contract, which could lead to him being traded out of Ottawa.

''Martin Havlat will be looking to sign a one-year deal and certainly is curious to see what kind of interest exists for him as an unrestricted free agent next summer,'' Walsh said.

Havlat had nine goals and seven assists in 18 games for the Senators this season. He missed 58 games to a shoulder injury and five more with a suspension. In ten playoff games Havlat contributed seven goals and six assists.

In 298 career regular-season games with Ottawa Havlat has 105 goals and 130 assists.
-----------------

Expect him to be shopped, though his value has taken a serious hit with him proclaiming his intention of becoming a UFA next year.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:28 PM   #4547
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

More rumors from TSN.

- Several published reports indicate that the Pittburgh Penguins, desperate for defence, are offering the number two overall pick to Carolina in exchange for last year's number three pick, Jack Johnson. The Hurricanes would then use the second pick on Jordan Staal, the younger brother of 'Canes star Eric Staal.

- The Vancouver Province reports that Oilers D Chris Pronger, along with Canucks LW Todd Bertuzzi, are two of the possible blockbuster trade options for the Florida Panthers should they deal G Roberto Luongo. The Toronto Sun also suggests the Pronger could be moved for a sizeable bounty this summer.

- According to the Columbus Post-Dispatch, Blue Jackets G Marc Denis has been offered to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for LW Ruslan Fedotenko, G John Grahame and a second-round pick. Another package the paper mentions has Denis and the number six pick going to Tampa for LW Fredrik Modin and the number fifteen pick.

- The St. Petersburg Times chimes in suggesting that the Lightning are also interested in Jean-Sebastien Giguere and Evgeni Nabokov, in addition to Denis, with Fedotenko and Modin expected to be the bait. The paper also dismisses the notion that a Vincent Lecavalier or Martin St. Louis-to-Florida-for Roberto Luongo trade isn't very likely.

- According to the Toronto Star, the Leafs' most likely options for starting goaltender are also Giguere and Nabokov. The prime bait would include a young forward like Matt Stajan, Kyle Wellwood or Alexander Steen. The paper also has the Leafs trying to move Ed Belfour and Tie Domi, though their salaries would seem to make that prohibitive.

- While noting that the Ottawa Senators would surely have interest in free agent C Michael Peca, the Ottawa Citizen suggests that Peca would prefer to land in Buffalo or Toronto. Alyn McCauley, Shean Donovan and Steve Rucchin were also mentioned as Senators options.

- The Ottawa Citizen has more Lightning trade options: Anaheim's Jean-Sebastien Giguere, San Jose's Evgeni Nabokov, Buffalo's Martin Biron, Boston's Andrew Raycroft, Montreal's David Aebischer or Vancouver's Dan Cloutier are all possibilities.

- According to the Detroit News, if the Red Wings can't put together an offer for Florida's Roberto Luongo, then Anaheim's Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Buffalo's Martin Biron, Boston's Andrew Raycroft, Philadelphia's Robert Esche, Montreal's David Aebischer and San Jose's Evgeni Nabakov would all be viable alternatives. In order to get Luongo, the paper expects that the Wings would have to offer C Pavel Datsyuk or D Niklas Kronwall with goalie prospect Jimmy Howard. Going further, the Wings might be forced to trade Mathieu Schneider and Robert Lang in order to create room for Luongo's anticipated salary. In an unrelated, though potentially related note, the Detroit Free Press notes that prospect Jiri Hudler, who scored 96 points in the AHL this year, will have to clear waivers if he's going to get sent down again.

- The Los Angeles Times reported that the Kings offered G Mathieu Garon, LW Alexander Frolov and RW Dustin Brown for Luongo.

- The Arlington Heights Daily Herald reports that the Blackhawks may buy out veterans D Jassen Cullimore, RW Matthew Barnaby and C Curtis Brown.

- Rumblings in the New York Post indicate that tight friends Martin Havlat and Patrik Elias could end up in the same locale this summer, with Elias an unrestricted free agent and Havlat a restricted free agent that could be difficult for the Senators to keep.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #4548
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...49491-sun.html

Update on the Pens pick situation.

If all the Pens have to give up for JJ is the 2nd, it's a total theft on their part. I think the Weber (and I'm assuming + other assets) for the 2nd is more realistic.
The JJ rumor might turn out to be true. Canes fans seem convinced that something screwy is going on between he and the organization. I've heard various rumors, from him not wanting to play for Carolina, to the organization being upset that he didn't sign and join them for the playoffs this year to his parents being meddlers along the line of the Lindroses.

Either way, there seems to be some dissatisfaction from Carolina towards their top prospect. If they forsee trouble down the line with him, I don't think they'll hesitate to trade him. His value is sky high at the moment, but once there's confirmation of a rift between he and the organization, his value starts to dip.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #4549
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
More rumors from TSN.

- According to the Detroit News, if the Red Wings can't put together an offer for Florida's Roberto Luongo, then Anaheim's Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Buffalo's Martin Biron, Boston's Andrew Raycroft, Philadelphia's Robert Esche, Montreal's David Aebischer and San Jose's Evgeni Nabakov would all be viable alternatives. In order to get Luongo, the paper expects that the Wings would have to offer C Pavel Datsyuk or D Niklas Kronwall with goalie prospect Jimmy Howard. Going further, the Wings might be forced to trade Mathieu Schneider and Robert Lang in order to create room for Luongo's anticipated salary. In an unrelated, though potentially related note, the Detroit Free Press notes that prospect Jiri Hudler, who scored 96 points in the AHL this year, will have to clear waivers if he's going to get sent down again.
What is up with Chokeytown? I mean how many games did Legace win last season? Getting bounced in round one is now Manny's fault? And why are we leaving out Turek, Belfour and gosh, Potvin is available. Couldn't they re-promote Osgood??!! How about if we throw them Jose and Paris for Linstrom?
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #4550
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
What is up with Chokeytown? I mean how many games did Legace win last season? Getting bounced in round one is now Manny's fault? And why are we leaving out Turek, Belfour and gosh, Potvin is available. Couldn't they re-promote Osgood??!! How about if we throw them Jose and Paris for Linstrom?
Detroit is notorious for being tough on goaltenders.

Speaking of Lidstrom, I wonder if him winning his 4th Norris Trophy has raised his asking price any.