The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #4451
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
I'll offer them the 18th pick, Alex Tanguay + for the 5th pick and take whoever's left of Staal, Toews, Kessel or Backstrom.
I guess we'll find out how aggressive of a GM Giggy will be. I'd be surprised if the Avs moved up, but it certainly would make draft day fun.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #4452
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
I guess we'll find out how aggressive of a GM Giggy will be. I'd be surprised if the Avs moved up, but it certainly would make draft day fun.
That's what I'm looking for. Well, that and a chance to get something for Alex Tanguay. I like Tanguay, but I don't want the Avs ponying up the kind of $$ he's going to demand. Let someone else pay him and use that $$ to shore up the defense.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #4453
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I'll offer them the 18th pick, Alex Tanguay + for the 5th pick and take whoever's left of Staal, Toews, Kessel or Backstrom.
Backstrom will probably be the only one left. From what Herc has said earlier, it appears that Chicago and Washington like Toews alot and Carolina is trying to move up for Staal. Our head scout, Greg Malone, may have inadvertently dropped a hint that we will go with Kessel if we don't trade the pick to Carolina (Shero danced around the Carolina/JJ question a few times in the same interview with Malone) and STL takes EJ.

Colorado doesn't really have to move up to 5 if they want to get a real good forward. Frolik is just as good as some of those guys, he just had an off year and will probably drop to the latter half of the Top 10 or even in the 10-15 area. Shouldn't take too much at all to move from 18 up to around 10 or 12.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:05 PM   #4454
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

You like Tang, CO? Even if he didn't demand the big bucks, you'd still want to keep him around?

I'd like to see him somewhere else and a good defenseman brought in.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:14 PM   #4455
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The story goes something like this. Lindros nailed Brindy's wife. This (needless to say) caused friction in the locker room. Bobby Clarke knew that one of them had to go. Clarke didn't (at that time) want to trade his star player. Clarke shipped out the popular Brind'Amour. The Flyer players weren't happy at all about it. Rick Tocchet coldcocked Lindros in the locker room, softening his skull even further.

Again, this is rumor and urban legend, so take it as you will.
His teammate. That's nice. One more reason Lindros is a sorry puke.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #4456
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Backstrom will probably be the only one left. From what Herc has said earlier, it appears that Chicago and Washington like Toews alot and Carolina is trying to move up for Staal. Our head scout, Greg Malone, may have inadvertently dropped a hint that we will go with Kessel if we don't trade the pick to Carolina (Shero danced around the Carolina/JJ question a few times in the same interview with Malone) and STL takes EJ.

Colorado doesn't really have to move up to 5 if they want to get a real good forward. Frolik is just as good as some of those guys, he just had an off year and will probably drop to the latter half of the Top 10 or even in the 10-15 area. Shouldn't take too much at all to move from 18 up to around 10 or 12.
I'd be happy with Backstrom. From what I've read, he's the most NHL ready of the top 5 forwards in this draft and a line of Wolski-Backstrom-Svatos is pretty inviting.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #4457
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
You like Tang, CO? Even if he didn't demand the big bucks, you'd still want to keep him around?

I'd like to see him somewhere else and a good defenseman brought in.
If he could be had at a reasonable price, I'd be allright with keeping him, but I can't see that happening. I can see him demanding $4.5 million per season or more and I just don't want to commit that kind of cap space to him.

I've always liked Tanguay. He's caught more crap than he deserved in the past while others got a free pass. But when he's healthy, Tanguay has been one of the top 15-20 forwards in the NHL over the last couple of seasons. Unfortunately, he has this nasty habit of getting injured right before the playoffs and not being 100% for the postseason.

With the nice crop of forwards that the Avs have in the system currently, I'd prefer them to focus their free agent dollars on shoring up the back line. The Avs defensive prospects are few and far between, so they've got to address that issue elsewhere and free agency seems like the most logical choice.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:38 PM   #4458
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If he could be had at a reasonable price, I'd be allright with keeping him, but I can't see that happening. I can see him demanding $4.5 million per season or more and I just don't want to commit that kind of cap space to him.

I've always liked Tanguay. He's caught more crap than he deserved in the past while others got a free pass. But when he's healthy, Tanguay has been one of the top 15-20 forwards in the NHL over the last couple of seasons. Unfortunately, he has this nasty habit of getting injured right before the playoffs and not being 100% for the postseason.

With the nice crop of forwards that the Avs have in the system currently, I'd prefer them to focus their free agent dollars on shoring up the back line. The Avs defensive prospects are few and far between, so they've got to address that issue elsewhere and free agency seems like the most logical choice.
I know there are others that have gotten a free pass, but doesn't it just grate on your nerves when the same **** keeps happening year in and year out? I love the guy through the regular season, but he turns into a dip**** in the post season when we need him most. This year was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I just can't stand it anymore. Same ****, different year.

He'd do well somewhere else, just like Chris Pronger would do well in Denver. ( Just imagine him and Blake together. ) Before you guys jump on me, don't tell me you don't just sit there and come up with the most outlandish guys we could sign and dream.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #4459
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hey I just realized something. Melrose actually turned out to be right!

Didn't he pick Carolina to win it originally (albeit over Dallas)?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #4460
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Geez, SoCal....why ya gotta go bring that up?

I've been thinking that all along. Every dog has his day...eventually.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #4461
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
He'd do well somewhere else, just like Chris Pronger would do well in Denver. ( Just imagine him and Blake together. ) Before you guys jump on me, don't tell me you don't just sit there and come up with the most outlandish guys we could sign and dream.
Anything's possible, ive read some crazy NHL rumors lately, although I haven't posted some of them due to the credibility (or relative lack thereof) of the source, lack of confirmation by other sources and most importantly, I don't want to create massive panic and hysteria on this board.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #4462
Jori
US Olympian

Mulletrose picked the Oilers to win 4-2 tonight. Oh and if your a Ducks fan....be afraid...Mulletrose picked Anaheim to win the Cup next year.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:49 PM   #4463
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Anything's possible, ive read some crazy NHL rumors lately, although I haven't posted some of them due to the credibility (or relative lack thereof) of the source, lack of confirmation by other sources and most importantly, I don't want to create massive panic and hysteria on this board.

I read them too. I don't post them because I'm pretty sure they're outlandish and I've already got enough people on this board that think I'm a moron.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #4464
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Before you guys jump on me, don't tell me you don't just sit there and come up with the most outlandish guys we could sign and dream.
Of course I do. Hell, I'll do it right now.

*sigh*

Old 06-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #4465
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Mulletrose picked the Oilers to win 4-2 tonight. Oh and if your a Ducks fan....be afraid...Mulletrose picked Anaheim to win the Cup next year.

But when the playoffs started, didn't he pick them to win it all?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:51 PM   #4466
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Hey I just realized something. Melrose actually turned out to be right!

Didn't he pick Carolina to win it originally (albeit over Dallas)?
Other way around, he picked Dallas over Carolina.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #4467
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Other way around, he picked Dallas over Carolina.
My bad.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #4468
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
My bad.

Oops. Mine too.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #4469
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Ok, so CO really knows how to dream big. Those are more like wet dream material.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:01 PM   #4470
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Ok, so CO really knows how to dream big. Those are more like wet dream material.
Yep, but why not? It's about the only thing they can't tax you for.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #4471
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Good point!

I'm curious as to what the consensus here is now about Luongo. Does he stay or go? Opinions?
Old 06-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #4472
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Good point!

I'm curious as to what the consensus here is now about Luongo. Does he stay or go? Opinions?
I believe he'll be traded, the only question is when. Word has it that he'll only sign a one year deal, which means he'll be a UFA at this time next year. The Panthers aren't going to let him walk for nothing, so they'll likely deal him. Where, I have no idea, but I know it won't be Colorado.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:12 PM   #4473
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I'm really hoping it isn't Philly. That would just burn my ass.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:14 PM   #4474
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I hope that it's somewhere in the Eastern Conference. I'd prefer the Avs to face him as little as possible.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:15 PM   #4475
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Yeah, me too...but not the Flyers.