The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2006, 07:46 PM   #4301
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

This is turning into a very disappointing SCF. No one likes to see a sweep unless it's your team doing the sweeping.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #4302
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Well, my jinx worked like clockwork! 2-0 series lead for the Canes
Old 06-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #4303
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

Default Hockey Talk - Ted Nolan Blackballed No More???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2474856

Ted Nolan may work again, here on Long Island no less. And Neil Smith gets the GM job?? Pretty good day for the Islanders if it's true.
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #4304
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Geez, Pez....you suck.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #4305
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Tonight's game was predictable.

I'm glad Ted Nolan is getting another NHL job. Good for him.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #4306
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
I'd guess Toews since Chicago is supposed to love him. I'd rather stay at #4. With EJ going #1, at least 2 of Kessel, Staal, Backstrom, and Toews would be there to choose from at their spot.
Sweet Jesus, get Phil Kessel. The pure speed of he and Ovechkin on a line together would be astounding.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #4307
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I would very much like to take Kessel at 2. The only drawbacks are things I have read about his attitude and he doesn't have a good relationship with Crosby based on something that happened awhile ago. I really want a monster goal scoring wing. I know he' a center, but he would be an awesome wing to close on the passes from our two playmaking centers. Crosby, Malkin and Kessel on the powerplay would be very powerful, no excuses for anything less than 30% on the PP with that group. EJ is nice and all, but I don't want to wait 2,3 years. E.J. Hradek as well as a second source talked about a hypothetical swap of the pick to Carolina for Jack Johnson, although Hradek framed it as just an idea, while the latter said there are some legs to it. That would be nice. He is already very friendly with Sid and probably can hit the league in about 1 more year. These elite defensemen are nice and all, I just really want a powerful winger or two.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-07-2006 at 10:32 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:32 PM   #4308
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
E.J. Hradek as well as a second source talked about a hypothetical swap of the pick to Carolina for Jack Johnson, although Hradek framed it as just an idea, while the latter said there are some legs to it.
I heard that too. The rumor being that the Canes would use the pick to take Eric Staal's brother, Jordan.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #4309
bcbronc
_evolution

shoot that sucks monkey balls. i was hoping nolan would wind up behind the bench for the canucks.

neil smith would certainly be an upgrade over the mental midget they had over the past few years though.
bcbronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:56 AM   #4310
Jori
US Olympian

If the Canes do that, that would be dumb imo. I think Jordan Staal is being a tad overhyped due to his last name.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:50 AM   #4311
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Yotes hire notorious scumbag Ulf Samuelsson as an assistant coach.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=167955&hubname=

One question, when did Ulf start turning into Gary Busey?

C'mon Ulf wasn't THAT bad.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #4312
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Completely off the subject, but we have located our friend Bronx33 and he is fine. Seems that he moved and just hasnt had computer access in a few weeks. Glad to hear he's ok.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #4313
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
C'mon Ulf wasn't THAT bad.
Tell that to Cam Neely.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #4314
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
The only drawbacks are things I have read about his attitude and he doesn't have a good relationship with Crosby based on something that happened awhile ago.

E.J. Hradek as well as a second source talked about a hypothetical swap of the pick to Carolina for Jack Johnson, although Hradek framed it as just an idea, while the latter said there are some legs to it.

1. Kessel is incredibly shy and comes across as having an attitude in interviews because of that. All his teammates supposedly love him.

2. Kessel's mom has had problems with Crosby in the past, Kessel himself hasn't had any.

3. Carolina gets taken if all they receive is the #2 pick for JJ, especially since they don't have any elite D-men in their prospect system.

and at least originally, the trade rumor was that Carolina wanted the #2 pick. Others then started to throw out JJ as the prospect who could get the deal done.

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 06-08-2006 at 11:00 AM..
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #4315
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...ongo_0608.html

Luongo only wants a one year deal, which would make him a UFA next summer. Let the trade rumors continue, no way Florida lets him walk for nothing.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #4316
Jori
US Olympian

Nice of Luongo's agent to take a jab at Columbus. I'm sure Doug MacLean is thrilled with that comment

Last edited by Jori; 06-08-2006 at 12:03 PM..
Old 06-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #4317
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Nice of Luongo's agent to take a jab at Columbus. I certainly hope none of his clients are currently members of the Blue Jackets
Yes, that was certainly uncalled for. If Rick Nash is ever seeking a new agent, I know who he won't be calling.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #4318
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...mock-draft.htm

Not Red Line's mock, but what they say they've heard from a scouting source
Old 06-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #4319
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Another interview with Tretiak. A decision will be made one way or another on the transfer agreement on Friday. It looks good to me. I was unsure about whether Russian Labor Law applied to hockey players but it seems that it does, so it seems that the Russian clubs have no leverage. Perhaps that is why Malkin said a few weeks ago that it was "100%" that he was coming over this year. Playoffs baby!!

By Elena Vaitsekhovskaya (Sport-Express: June 8, 2006)

Translated by Alexei Belousenko & Ruslan Salikhov of Russian Hockey Digest

Yesterday, FHR president Vladislav Tretiak arrived in Moscow after his visit to North America.

V. Tretiak: I met with the NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, he received me very well during my stay; even though, he highlighted that normally NHL doesn’t meet with national hockey federations’ representatives. Bettman said that they made for exception for Russia because Russia is not just a country, but sports empire with long-term hockey traditions. Among the topics discussed there was, for example, a cooperation between the national teams and as well as clubs - revival of series between Russia and team Canada. From Bettman’s point of view, these days it is hard to organize the games between the national teams, but he proposed to organize joined training camp of several teams from both leagues whether in Russia or America, so that teams could play against each other.
Besides, the main discussion was about the agreement that NHL signed with IIHF, and IIHF signed with European hockey federations. As well known, Russia didn’t sign this agreement. The point of the agreement is that NHL pays certain amount of money for each player, and the amount is always the same, regardless which player it is. Of course, we were disappointed with it, that’s why former president Steblin refused to sign the agreement. We are trying to defend our position on it: if NHL wants to sign players who have active contracts in Russia, they have to deal directly with clubs of these players. NHL defends the point that the agreement is already signed with IIHF, which means that any other questions are not of their business.

Do you think there is a possibility that Russia would sign this agreement after all?
V. Tretiak: This Friday on June 9th we scheduled a meeting with presidents of all Super League’s clubs in order to discuss this issue. There is one detail: Bettman explicitly declared, if Russia does not sign the agreement, none of Russians playing in NHL would be allowed to go for the World Championship 2007 in Moscow.

In other words, some sort of decision must be made…
V. Tretiak: The present agreement will expire next year, and then new one should be signed for another three years. Thus, at the moment we have to decide whether to sign this agreement until it expires, or not to sign. According to labor legislature of Russian Federation, if any player decides to dissolve a contract, there is no way to stop the process. And Americans know this very well. After all, they can take away our players regardless of Russians’ choice to sign the agreement. Therefore, under such circumstances we are really talking about our NHLers’ availability to come for the World Championship in Moscow.

But Ovechkin was allowed to come for the recent World Championship in Riga…
V. Tretiak: Yes. Bettman reminded me about it right away, and told me that this occurred only because of personal respect to me. And such exclusions no longer will take place; he repeated it twice. Therefore, I’m going to discuss this question with the clubs’ presidents.

Does it mean that you didn’t make your decision yet?
V. Tretiak: The decision will be made by Friday.

http://rushockey.com/events.php?i=ii...erviews&id=497

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 06-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #4320
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

RUSSIA TO SIGN TRANSFER AGREEMENT!!!

According to RIA Novosti Russian hockey clubs agreed with the position of the president of the Russian Hockey Federation Vladislav Tretiak regarding the IIHF-NHL transfer agreement. This agreement was achieved today at the meeting held by the Federation for the management of the Superleague clubs. The formal documents will be signed on JUne 16th.

http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?...sl_news&id=498

Welcome to America, Evgeni!!

We are going to ****ing own!!! I am so pumped up after watching this almost 5 minute long Malkin highlight video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVaFG...&search=malkin Playoffs baby!!

woo hoo.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-09-2006 at 10:18 AM..
Old 06-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #4321
Jori
US Olympian

Assuming the Pens improve their defense...then they'll own

I'm glad this has finally been settled. It'll be great to see Malkin in the NHL. He's the clear cut favorite to win the Calder next year.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #4322
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

It's now 1-1 in game 3. The Oilers obviously need this game.

Every time Matt Greene is on the ice for Edmonton either Emerick, Davidson or McGuire will mention that he's from the University of North Dakota. Ok, we get it, guys.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #4323
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

2-1 Oilers. Ryan Smyth gets a typical Ryan Smyth goal. Looks like we won't get overtime just like game 1.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #4324
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Every time Matt Greene is on the ice for Edmonton either Emerick, Davidson or McGuire will mention that he's from the University of North Dakota. Ok, we get it, guys.
Did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?
Old 06-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #4325
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?
What a story! His team also won three on the road...did you know that?
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote