The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2005, 04:15 PM   #401
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Ovechkin nets his 18th of the season.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #402
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

God, look at all those empty seats at the Meadowlands. It looks like an Expos game. I guess an interconference matchup of the 2001 Stanley Cup finalists isn't a big draw. Maybe there's bad weather tonight in NJ?
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:10 PM   #403
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
God, look at all those empty seats at the Meadowlands. It looks like an Expos game.
Better get used to that Marlin fan.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #404
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
Better get used to that Marlin fan.
I was an Expos fan. I'm not a Marlin fan, just Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle.

And the Meadowlands look like Olympic Stadium tonight.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #405
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Avs up 3-0 on New Jersey after one period.

Gotta like the scoring depth we have this year. And if the defense can play like it has the past 4 periods the goaltending will improve dramatically, like we've seen from Kolesnick so far.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #406
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Ovechkin nets his 18th of the season.
Plus an assist on Heward's goal with .3 seconds left in the game.

32 points in 28 games.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:24 PM   #407
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Plus an assist on Heward's goal with .3 seconds left in the game.

32 points in 28 games.
That puts him 3 up on Crosby for the rookie scoring lead.

Marek Svatos had 2 assists tonight, he's 3rd in rookie scoring just 2 points behind Crosby.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #408
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

sat in the corner first row by the class for the sharks game vs the hurricanes, never sat that close before, man that was the greatest game of my life. Im beat ....

GO SHARKIES!!!
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:26 PM   #409
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I feel really bad for Fleury. He was outstanding tonight, stopping 36 of 39 Detroit shots, but its really unfair for any goaltender to be behind this defense. Gonchar gave away a goal for free tonight, just hung his goalie out to dry. I ****ing hate Sergei Gonchar. If we could get Bob's mom in exchange it would be a steal.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:56 PM   #410
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco
sat in the corner first row by the class for the sharks game vs the hurricanes, never sat that close before, man that was the greatest game of my life. Im beat ....

GO SHARKIES!!!

Being up close is great but if i had a choice of seats my favorite is dead center lower bowl about 10 rows up, your right though being up close give you a whole new feel to the game.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:56 AM   #411
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
I feel really bad for Fleury. He was outstanding tonight, stopping 36 of 39 Detroit shots, but its really unfair for any goaltender to be behind this defense. Gonchar gave away a goal for free tonight, just hung his goalie out to dry. I ****ing hate Sergei Gonchar. If we could get Bob's mom in exchange it would be a steal.

Fluery made some UNBELIEVABLE saves. he's showing talent now. I hope we don't 'break' him.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #412
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Gonchar gave away a goal for free tonight, just hung his goalie out to dry. I ****ing hate Sergei Gonchar. If we could get Bob's mom in exchange it would be a steal.
Would Shaone Morrisson, Jeff Schultz and Michail Yunkov be acceptable?

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 12-13-2005 at 05:32 PM..
Old 12-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #413
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Would Shaone Morrisson, Jeff Schultz and Michail Yunkov be acceptable?
Just as I was ready to reply to this post, Gonch slips and falls to the ice leading to a 3 on 1 and goal.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 12-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #414
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Fleury is such a ****ing pimp. What a great save there.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 12-13-2005, 06:23 PM   #415
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

He is playing out of the world right now. This is amazing.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 12-13-2005, 08:43 PM   #416
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

SoCal, you should really have a hockey avatar up or something. I thought for sure you'd be sportin' Sid the Kid sometime.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:15 PM   #417
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
SoCal, you should really have a hockey avatar up or something. I thought for sure you'd be sportin' Sid the Kid sometime.
I had him and Mario up there a few weeks ago. I'll probably have Sid up there again after the official end of the college football season.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 12-14-2005, 07:15 AM   #418
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

man MAF should earn avatar time
Old 12-14-2005, 12:59 PM   #419
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

Quote:

Wasnt it Gonchar that, a couple year ago in the playoffs, mishandled the puck in his own zone and turned it over for the game-winning shot?

This was when he was a Washington Capital, I'm thinking it might've been against the Flyers but it was the game-winning series clinching goal that he just gave to the other team.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:15 PM   #420
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF
Wasnt it Gonchar that, a couple year ago in the playoffs, mishandled the puck in his own zone and turned it over for the game-winning shot?

This was when he was a Washington Capital, I'm thinking it might've been against the Flyers but it was the game-winning series clinching goal that he just gave to the other team.
No, it was against the Pens. Another in a long line of series defeats the Pens have handed the Caps over the years.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:19 PM   #421
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I consider getting gonchar the karmic payback for that
Old 12-14-2005, 06:01 PM   #422
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
I consider getting gonchar the karmic payback for that
Yeah I think Herc was selling us snake oil on purpose as revenge for all those playoff series in 90s, esp. the ones when the Caps were ahead 3-1.(Just kidding, Herc)

Seriously though, the guy has just fallen unbelievably far. He doesnt have any confidence. I dont know what to do about him. Obviously at 5 million a season, no one is going to take him off our hands, even for scrub in return. Sergei is just going to have to fight through it. Just has to keep fighting. BTW Josh, I heard Michel Therrien from WBS is going to take over possibly today or tomorrow and Edzo is finally going to step aside. Still isnt going to make a difference playoff wise, no way we can make up that kind of ground even with several months to go. We just dug ourselves too deep a whole and despite Therrien being a disciplinarian, we still dont have the talent on defense. Its just not there no matter who is behind the bench. Its a good move though. I like Edzo as a person, but the guys arent playing for him anymore and this record is just abominable for the money they invested this year.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 12-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #423
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Thing getting sticky in P town.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=146965&hubname=nhl

SN.ca Staff

12/14/2005 4:01:57 PM

In the wake of last night's 3-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues, rumours continue to swirl in Pittsburgh about the demise of head coach Ed Olczyk.

The speculation that there could be a coaching change in Pittsburgh heated up considerably after last week's 5-0 home-ice loss to the Minnesota Wild, but abated briefly on the weekend after Pittsburgh scored an impressive victory on home ice over the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night.

But last nightís shutout loss to one of the weakest teams in the league has renewed the feeling that Penguins' owner Mario Lemieux and general manager Craig Patrick may be on the verge of making a coaching change.

Sources suggest they have tabbed Michel Therrien, who is coaching the Penguins' farm team in Wilkes Barre, as the new coach if they decide to pull the trigger on Olczyk.

Lemieux and Patrick have been intensely loyal to Olczyk and firing the coach is not something they want to do, but pressure is mounting to do something to get the Penguin team pointed in the right direction. The Penguins have a home-and-home with the Buffalo Sabres on Friday and Saturday.

Sources suggest a coaching change could be made before that, but other sources said that two-game set with the Sabres will be the determining factor in whether to make a move.

Expectations for this team soared in the off-season when Pittsburgh won the Sidney Crosby lottery and then signed a bevy of free agents, pushing the payroll far beyond what anyone anticipated the Penguins would do. But they havenít been getting the results on the ice - Pittsburgh ownership budgeted to make the playoffs this season -- and sources suggest something is going to give.

That something, more often than not, is a coaching change.

Meanwhile, in Boston, the media is questioning the future of Bruinsí head coach Mike Sullivan.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:27 PM   #424
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Cloutier having surgery; out four months

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=146849&hubname=nhl

Canadian Press

12/13/2005 8:38:14 PM

NEW YORK (AP) - Vancouver Canucks goalie Dan Cloutier will miss at least the rest of the regular season because of a knee injury that will require surgery.

Cloutier partially tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee when Anaheim forward Rob Niedermayer ran into him during the first period of a Nov. 20 game. Cloutier finished that game and even dressed as Alex Auld's backup two days later against Chicago.

Cloutier was scratched for the following seven games with the hope the knee would heal on its own. He had been trying to rehab for the last three weeks and was even back on the ice Sunday, but team doctors finally decided the ligament, which is partially attached to the bone, requires surgery.

"We felt that at this time it's something that we couldn't rely on to hold up through the entire season given that he has to go up and down on it all the time," general manager Dave Nonis said Tuesday night before the Canucks played the New York Rangers.

Cloutier will have the operation Thursday and then be sidelined at least four months.

"There is a chance he could be back for the playoffs depending on how quickly he rehabs and what kind of healer he is," Nonis said. "It's a possibility for sure. I know he'll work as hard as he possibly can to get back."

The Canucks did get some good news Tuesday.

Matt Cooke returned to the lineup after missing 17 games with a broken jaw. The forward was injured during practice Nov. 1, but was back on the ice wearing a full face shield against the Rangers.

Markus Naslund also played, despite aggravating a groin injury Friday in a win over Ottawa. Naslund, Vancouver's leading scorer, didn't practise Monday and was questionable for the game.

Auld made his ninth straight start and is in line to play again at Philadelphia on Thursday when the Canucks wrap up a brief Eastern swing. He is 10-6-1 with a 2.61 goals-against average and .907 save percentage in his first full NHL season.

The Canucks also recalled recently acquired Maxime Ouellet from the AHL on Tuesday to serve as Auld's backup. Rob McVicar had been up as the backup, but was returned to Victoria of the ECHL earlier this week.

Canucks coach Marc Crawford said Tuesday that Ouellet is more NHL ready should Vancouver need someone to spell Auld.

"We'll see how things go," Crawford said. "We haven't had a tough schedule the last little while.

"Now we play every second day until Christmas. That would be a little bit of a load if Alex had to play all of that."

Vancouver acquired Ouellet from Washington on Dec. 2 for a fifth-round pick in next year's draft. He was 2-1 in three games with Manitoba before being recalled.

Nonis said the Canucks are not necessarily in the market for a more established NHL goalie. Cloutier was placed on the long-term injury list, giving Vancouver $2.5 million US of salary cap space.

"We're not in any hurry," he said. "I think Alex has proven that he can play at this level and he can play a number of games at this level.

"If something comes along that will help us and make us a stronger team, then we'll do it. We're not going to make a change just to make it."

Nonis also dispelled rumours he has spoken to Florida GM Mike Keenan about a trade that would bring goalie Roberto Luongo to Vancouver.

"That rumour has been out there for a long time," he said. "I can tell you that there is nothing to it.

"Mike has never talked to me about his players."

Nonis said Cloutier's surgery will likely be reconstructive even though the ligament is attached to the bone. Cloutier has not been bothered by the injury recently, and if it weren't for an MRI detecting the problem, he probably would still be playing.

"Dan does feel a little uncomfortable when he gets into certain positions on the ice," Nonis said, "and if he does blow it out completely it could really do more serious damage to the knee joint."
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 PM   #425
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

2 more assists for Ovechkin tonight