The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2006, 11:13 PM   #4001
Jori
US Olympian

Pronger had a few brain cramps when he was with St Louis in those series against San Jose.

Luckily for San Jose, there is a two day break before game six. Talk about a meltdown. San Jose's has a lot of youth on their blueline and that has definately been an advantage for Edmonton. San Jose is a young team and it might not be their time just yet, we'll see what they are made of on Wednesday night.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #4002
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Well they got jealous of LA getting to boo blake so they just kinda started doing it to be cool.
Yeah, that was my guess too.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #4003
Octop***Y
Just Drafted

taco sucks
Octop***Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #4004
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Dude, quit ruining our hockey thread. PM TJ and tell him if you're so inclined and quit fouling up our thread. He won't see it here anyway.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #4005
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=260514018

But Edmonton's us-against-the-world energy undoubtedly got a boost shortly before the opening faceoff, when many fans loudly booed "O Canada," insulting the Oilers and the 10 Canadians wearing teal uniforms.

Sharks fans who pulled that bull**** should be ashamed of themselves. Forget for a minute that the top players on your own team are Canadian, it's wrong to boo during anyone's anthem. It's not the opposing teams fight song, you pinheads.

It was wrong when it happened in Vancouver, Montreal & Long Island, it's wrong now. I only wonder how much of that was actual fans booing and how much of it was piped in.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #4006
Jori
US Olympian

It certainly is disrespectful, but this type of booing has gone on for years. Wouldn't shock me to see the US anthem get booed on Wednesday night.

Sharks should have been booing their team for taking dumb penalties instead of Pronger and the Canadian anthem.

On a side note, the fact that an 8th seed can knock out Detroit and potentially knock out a dark horse in San Jose says that the new cap system will add a lot more parity to the league. Sandy Clough brought up an interesting point this morning...yes, the Avs were overmatched against Anaheim, but is Edmonton a far superior team to Colorado?

I think what this means is that the Avs don't have to blow up the team in order to compete in the new NHL. Yes, they need to get younger, faster, tougher and more skilled, but they do have a solid base of young players to grow around. What it means is that if you make the right moves, you can turn a team around very quickly. I'm not saying the Avs will win the Cup next year or the year after, but if the Avs make the right moves in the offseason, they can be better.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:55 AM   #4007
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Dude, quit ruining our hockey thread. PM TJ and tell him if you're so inclined and quit fouling up our thread. He won't see it here anyway.
Probably one of the kids from chefs planet.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #4008
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=260514018

But Edmonton's us-against-the-world energy undoubtedly got a boost shortly before the opening faceoff, when many fans loudly booed "O Canada," insulting the Oilers and the 10 Canadians wearing teal uniforms.

Sharks fans who pulled that bull**** should be ashamed of themselves. Forget for a minute that the top players on your own team are Canadian, it's wrong to boo during anyone's anthem. It's not the opposing teams fight song, you pinheads.

It was wrong when it happened in Vancouver, Montreal & Long Island, it's wrong now. I only wonder how much of that was actual fans booing and how much of it was piped in.

I just don't get it (why and how) can fans be so freaking stupid when they have canadian players on their own team.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #4009
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Blame poor geography scores.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #4010
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

And an over inflated housing market...dman
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM   #4011
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I certainly would like to see Canada take it back finally...
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #4012
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Canada always has the cup - a frenchy canadien blew up in the SC finals last time around and showed everyone how good he can be -
Old 05-15-2006, 07:48 PM   #4013
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I hate the fact that Canada thinks they own all rights to hockey and that makes me want to root against the lone remaining Canadian team, but I won't.

How much of that is hype though? The Canadian media sure is biased, they don't try to hide it. It's funny to go look at TSN or Sportsnet. Not one Canadian team could make the playoffs, but they'd still put a Canadian team based article right there in front.

I wonder if the majority of the Canadian people feel the same way? Hockey wouldn't be much without it being in the US too.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:49 PM   #4014
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
I certainly would like to see Canada take it back finally...

Why?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #4015
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I hate the fact that Canada thinks they own all rights to hockey and that makes me want to root against the lone remaining Canadian team, but I won't.

How much of that is hype though? The Canadian media sure is biased, they don't try to hide it. It's funny to go look at TSN or Sportsnet. Not one Canadian team could make the playoffs, but they'd still put a Canadian team based article right there in front.

I wonder if the majority of the Canadian people feel the same way? Hockey wouldn't be much without it being in the US too.
Well, in TSN's defense, it is by definition a Canadian based organization, so Canadian teams should get extra special coverage even through there are only a few of them in the NHL now.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #4016
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I have no beef with Canada at all....actually, everytime I've ever crossed the border, I've had a blast. That's on the outs though because of this new passport thing.....$90 smacks for that and a weaker buck lessens the appeal quite a ways you know.

That said, I'm still going with Buffalo...they beat my team, took out a team I didn't want to see make it and if any city is in absolute need of a big league championship of any kind, it's Buffalo.

That's good enough in these parts.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:03 PM   #4017
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Not sure who I am rooting for....probably San Jose.

I dont want Edmonton or the Ducks to win it. Edmonton is an 8 seed, it would be grossly unfair for them to overturn a whole season of mediocrity merely by getting hot in a month and a half. And ofcourse, the Ducks are a local team and the fans down here don't deserve to enjoy anything (especially the bandwagoners).

Go Canes!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:02 PM   #4018
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

http://live82.ihwc.net/hydra/stats/s...1_85B_1_0.html

Go Canes!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #4019
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Good job socal
Old 05-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #4020
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I want Edmonton to take it all.

It will be Edmonton over Buffalo
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:19 PM   #4021
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
I have no beef with Canada at all....actually, everytime I've ever crossed the border, I've had a blast. That's on the outs though because of this new passport thing.....$90 smacks for that and a weaker buck lessens the appeal quite a ways you know.

That said, I'm still going with Buffalo...they beat my team, took out a team I didn't want to see make it and if any city is in absolute need of a big league championship of any kind, it's Buffalo.

That's good enough in these parts.
no way dood, the fact that buffalo beat the flyers is more reason not to watn them to win.

Now onto the canadian thing, i am canadian, my favorite team, the flyers are not, i never chear for a team just because they are canadian, and i believe people who do that are watching the wrong tournament, they should be watching the IIHF championships not the stanley cup.

That being said, i think that the people in edmonton will show that they have more class then the people in sj, they will cheer the us anthem more. I cannot explain the booing from vancouver during the world championships, but montreal, everybody knows how much class they have.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:46 PM   #4022
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I just don't get it (why and how) can fans be so freaking stupid when they have canadian players on their own team.
They are from the Bay area. They would be a soldier watching the game. SJ is going down just for that crap. It is worse karma than the Melrose jinx! I am just sitting here waiting for my Ducks next opponent. The Register actually has to write feel good stories about hockey. "Get to know the players" articles before the big parade to Disneyland (i Hope!). Bump back to 1st page. BTW: Bandwagon in full effect here in OC. Game one and two sold out in 7 minutes. Cant wait to make $ off of the Wagonners that think JSG is still in goal. Actually, some dont even know who that is!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #4023
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
They are from the Bay area. They would be a soldier watching the game. SJ is going down just for that crap. It is worse karma than the Melrose jinx! I am just sitting here waiting for my Ducks next opponent. The Register actually has to write feel good stories about hockey. "Get to know the players" articles before the big parade to Disneyland (i Hope!). Bump back to 1st page. BTW: Bandwagon in full effect here in OC. Game one and two sold out in 7 minutes. Cant wait to make $ off of the Wagonners that think JSG is still in goal. Actually, some dont even know who that is!

Oh that is so freakin pathetic!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:16 PM   #4024
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Oh man! I thought game 6 was on tonight. What a letdown. I'm bored here.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #4025
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Oh man! I thought game 6 was on tonight. What a letdown. I'm bored here.
Give the kid the car keys and see what happens mt. That should be enough action to hold you over.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote