The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #3901
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
That's why I really, really do not want the Ducks to win it. I just know im going to see everyone come out from the woodwork here, as usual.

Instead of Laker flags all over the freeway on every car, its going to be Duck flags. Lo and behold, everyone is suddenly a die hard hockey fan.
Wow, I hate this area more than ever now. Mini, sure is a convienent time for you to make your first appearance in either of our two hockey threads. Weak brother... just weak.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #3902
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
That's why I really, really do not want the Ducks to win it. I just know im going to see everyone come out from the woodwork here, as usual.

Instead of Laker flags all over the freeway on every car, its going to be Duck flags. Lo and behold, everyone is suddenly a die hard hockey fan.

I feel for ya, bud.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #3903
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Hmm, methinks it might be time to hang Mini with this avatar

Old 05-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #3904
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Apparently it's an added sound effect by OLN...let's bring the glowing puck back while we are at it

Is it? How'd you find that out? So the horn isn't being sounded at the arena when the oppo scores? How many more questions can I squeeze into this post?
Old 05-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #3905
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Is it? How'd you find that out? So the horn isn't being sounded at the arena when the oppo scores? How many more questions can I squeeze into this post?
Yeah, OLN has been doing it since the playoffs started. Just a terrible idea.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #3906
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
How can you say it was an abberation? They played damn good hockey and owned the Stars. We were the better team. In this series, we weren't. I don't consider them getting out of the first round by finishing off the #2 seed an abberation at all. They earned it.
The Avs are a better playoff team than the Stars, no doubt, but I think that says a lot about how bad a playoff team the Stars are and not much about how good a playoff team the Avs are. The Avs and Stars have some of the same problems (their core players are too old, not enough speed and energy), so it was a good matchup for the Avs. I just think that if the Avs wound up playing any of the other WCF teams, other than Nashville perhaps, they don't make it out of the first round, so I don't think it's unjustified to call it an abberation. Maybe this series has left a bad taste in my mouth... I've never seen the Avs get so badly dominated in a playoff series. They were out of it from game 1. Changes have to be made.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #3907
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Yeah, OLN has been doing it since the playoffs started. Just a terrible idea.

Ahhh. I kept seeing it happen on other games and was irritated with it. Then when it happened with my own team, I was pissed.

That is just a super gay idea.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #3908
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X
The Avs are a better playoff team than the Stars, no doubt, but I think that says a lot about how bad a playoff team the Stars are and not much about how good a playoff team the Avs are. The Avs and Stars have some of the same problems (their core players are too old, not enough speed and energy), so it was a good matchup for the Avs. I just think that if the Avs wound up playing any of the other WCF teams, other than Nashville perhaps, they don't make it out of the first round, so I don't think it's unjustified to call it an abberation. Maybe this series has left a bad taste in my mouth... I've never seen the Avs get so badly dominated in a playoff series. They were out of it from game 1. Changes have to be made.

Yeah, they are a better playoff team than the Stars, but they also looked way better against the Stars than they did against the Ducks. More energy, more scoring. They match up better against the Stars. Age against age, I guess. Those young whippersnapper Ducks were just too much for our experienced vets.

I was ready to call the Ducks getting out of Calgary an aberration, but that is CLEARLY not the point.

Aberration is just not the word I think of when I think of round 1 for the Avs. That just doesn't sit well with me, but each to his own.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #3909
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Aberration is just not the word I think of when I think of round 1 for the Avs. That just doesn't sit well with me, but each to his own.
Well, like I said, I just have a bad taste in my mouth over how this series went. Let's just say that the Avs were VERY VERY lucky to get a matchup with Dallas for round 1.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #3910
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Well, the draft is in June (after my vacation, which I need now more than ever), the Avs currently hold the 18th pick. I really liked what they did at the draft last year, so I'm encouraged. Hopefully this years draft is heavy on defense, the farm system could use an infusion of youth on the blue line.

Free agency begins on July 1st. Hopefully plans are being made for that date as we speak.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:58 PM   #3911
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Q deserves a lot of the blame too. There's enough to go around. Why in God's green earth Breezeblow was out there tonight after last night pissed me off, but I can handle it. But GOOD LORD MAN, he kept putting him out time and time again after he made bad play after bad play!

Breeze must have some nasty pics of Q or something. That's the only reason I can think of for continuing to let the waste of space play.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:04 AM   #3912
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Q deserves a lot of the blame too. There's enough to go around. Why in God's green earth Breezeblow was out there tonight after last night pissed me off, but I can handle it. But GOOD LORD MAN, he kept putting him out time and time again after he made bad play after bad play!

Breeze must have some nasty pics of Q or something. That's the only reason I can think of for continuing to let the waste of space play.
Breezeby is one of Lacroix's "boys." Perhaps there was a directive from upstairs that Breezeby was not to be scolded or benched no matter how brutal he was on the ice.

Hell, Mike Evans from 950 The Fan acted appalled that some of us had the nerve to call him out after game 3. I mean, he said he was sorry! What else do you want from the poor guy who's making $2.25 million and hasn't been held accountable by anyone for any of his mistakes since he got here?
Old 05-12-2006, 12:06 AM   #3913
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Ok, so the pics are of Q and Pierre.

Fans should be appalled that damn radio station was appalled. I just had to explain to my son the other day that sorry just doesn't always cut it.

That goes for you too, Patty Breezeblow. However, if you give your upcoming salary back next year ( cuz unfortunately we seem to be stuck with your dumb ass ), we'll consider accepting the apology.

And for the record, Melrose should be hunted down and shorn. Jackass.

Last edited by Mtbrncofn; 05-12-2006 at 12:13 AM..
Old 05-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #3914
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Huh, didn't really see this one coming:

Report: Maurice to be Leafs head coach

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=165629&hubname=nhl

Quote:
Maurice boasts an NHL career coaching record of 239-258-91 in nine seasons with the Hartford Whalers and Carolina Hurricanes.
Don't know that I'd exactly want to be boasting about that record.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 AM   #3915
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Huh, didn't really see this one coming:

Report: Maurice to be Leafs head coach

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=165629&hubname=nhl

Don't know that I'd exactly want to be boasting about that record.
He took the Canes to the Finals in '02 (which is farther than the Leafs have gone in 39 years). He's a good coach and he's reportedly done a fine job with the Leafs farm team.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:18 AM   #3916
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
Wow, I hate this area more than ever now. Mini, sure is a convienent time for you to make your first appearance in either of our two hockey threads. Weak brother... just weak.
I am glad to be the real sole rep of the Ducks. Thanks Pez for the congrats. I think you will see more flags than CB24 and others in LA as you are alot closer to the Pond of Anaheim. Bring on the bandwagoners like Mini. I wont make every game so that means i can sell my tixs for alot more $. My tickets are only $9.50 each for the regular season, $16.50 for Western Conference Finals and $19 for Stanley Cup Finals! What other sport gives you Championship tickets for under $20? Plus, I snuck into 2 Stanley Cup Finals games in 2003 so maybe i wont need a ticket anyways. Well, proud of my Ducks and amazed on their rookie and sophomore players. I hope most AVS fans root for the Ducks. Just like wanting the Steelers to beat the Seahawks because I want to lose to the best. Hope there is good hockey talk here even if the Avs are gone. I think many here have good insight and I enjoy your opinions. Im extending my celebration from 24 hours to the start of next series. Go Oilers #8 seed.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:20 AM   #3917
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
He took the Canes to the Finals in '02 (which is farther than the Leafs have gone in 39 years). He's a good coach and he's reportedly done a fine job with the Leafs farm team.

Yes, I remember that. I just expected a higher profile name to land there.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:43 AM   #3918
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Ok, so the pics are of Q and Pierre.
Eww.....what kind of operation are you guys running there, anyway?

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:31 AM   #3919
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Damn man, the Avs just got steamrolled in this series. sucks
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:16 AM   #3920
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

The Avs need too look at me. I'm young and fast. With Q as a coach, I could be an all-star.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:35 AM   #3921
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

Blakey will be gone also...he's from the toronto area, I'm guessing he'll be suiting up with the leafs. The AVS DO NOT have the cap room to given they (I should say , Pierre) have screwed up with Boosbois, and Turgeon.....they will be going nowhere for the next couple of years...dman
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:17 AM   #3922
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

*shaking head in resignation* reality bites.

congrats to the quackers--they're lined up to be a power for a few years. condolences to the cadaver-lanche. the window is officially closed in denver. i'm anxious to see if lucky pierre has worn out his rabbit's foot or not.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #3923
Jori
US Olympian

The Avs cap situation is better then it was last year. They can afford to keep Blake, but if he gets an outrageous offer from somebody else, he'll be gone. Toronto isn't in any position to add salary. They are in a worse position then the Avs are. Belfour is gone and what will they do...probably bring back Cujo. There is a reason why they haven't won a Cup since 67.

The Avs have to make changes and it may take more then one offseason for this team to be a strong contender again. It isn't Detroit, Dallas and Colorado any more. You have to build your team like Anaheim, San Jose and Buffalo. Youth, skill, toughness and speed.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:15 AM   #3924
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by defenseman
Blakey will be gone also...he's from the toronto area, I'm guessing he'll be suiting up with the leafs. The AVS DO NOT have the cap room to given they (I should say , Pierre) have screwed up with Boosbois, and Turgeon.....they will be going nowhere for the next couple of years...dman
Everyone was saying the Avs were done before this season. Yet, drubbing to Anaheim aside, they still managed to land in the final 8, further than Detroit, Dallas, Philly and, ahem... Toronto. It all depends on what Lacroix does to improve the team, but to say they are in a more difficult position next season then they were before this season started is not an educated opinion.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #3925
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote