The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #3751
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

the sens choking in the playoffs...cough cough

again
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #3752
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Trading Drury and Ballard were probably Lacroix's worst two moves. Ballard is a stud and would look wonderful on our blue line right now.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Dowd back. Lappy is under contract next season. I think he's injured. From the start of the playoffs, Quenneville inexplicably stopped using on the PK. Unless he's in the dog house for peeing in Q's cereal, something smells fishy.

In terms of prospects, don't expect much help. The Avs best prospects are in college and are a couple years away. This team has no quality defensive prospects and I would expect them to use the next couple of drafts to shore up the blueline depth. Tanguay could be used to acquire a young defenseman if contract talks get nasty.

I think and hope that Turgeon will retire. I don't hate the guy, but clearly, he needs to hang up the skates.

I'd like to see May and Brisebois shipped out. Boughner wont be resigned. Sauer is young, but too slow for the new NHL. Liles is a liability, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. The Avs will use their cap room to improve the blueline. Luckly, this is a good free agent crop for defenseman.

Lappy is one of the best character/lockeroom players in the business IMO or a asset on a serious cup run.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #3753
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
The buy out/ no cap hit was only for last summer so that teams could get under the new cap system. Now if you buy out a player, it's a cap hit. What I don't know for sure is if the full amount of the player's salary will count against the cap or whether it's a percentage.

However, there is another option. You can waive the player, if that player is claimed by another team, the new team would be responsible for the salary. If the player clears waivers, you can send them to your AHL team and while you still have to pay the player at an NHL salary, it wont count against the cap. I believe this rule is for players who have one way contracts. A guy like Richardson has a two-way contract, but he would only get an AHL salary if he were to play in Albany next year (and in his case, wouldn't have to clear waivers).

A perfect example:

Jocyln Thibeau
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #3754
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia
the sens choking in the playoffs...cough cough

again

The canes are playing very well even without cole.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #3755
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

I'm liking the sabres and the canes. However, the sharks will come out of the west and give either of these a run for their money. I'd lay odds on buffalo though. I'm liking them offensively more and more..dman
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #3756
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
If you weren't the Man with handling my Diego tickets, I'd slap you for that one. I've taken that loss rather well I think although I can't speak for the rest of my Flyer brethren.

That said, I'm taking great pleasure in watching Buffalo deal on Ottawa

F' THE SENS!!!!
The best part about the flyers loss was that i didnt get to (or have to) watch it, damn tv at disney showed the carolina montreal game, thank got montreal is gone, now if only buffalo could beat out the sens, then lose to carolina, they do have 3 x flyers on them so im rooting for them, come on get brindamour a ring.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #3757
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Sens will win tonight . . . I guarantee.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #3758
Jori
US Olympian

Forsberg out until January!

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2611.asp

Man on man, if only this guy could stay healthy
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #3759
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
lol! now that was way over the top.....

give me a break
They're perfectly built for the salary cap and new rules with all of their young talent and speed. I'd like to hear why you think they won't be a perennial Stanley Cup contender with their current group.

Quote:
hey, how was the crowd around you?...for one of the best hockey games I've watched all year, it looked like on TV that half the lower bowl would rather be doing something else after each colorado goal or TV timeout......I can't remember ever seeing this in a playoff game at the Can.
The crowd was the same as it's always been in the playoffs the past 10 years.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #3760
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
Clutch scores.....
Old 05-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #3761
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I get a real kick out of people pining for Chris Drury. I swear, to listen to some people around this town, you'd think that the Avs would have won the last three Stanley Cups if only they hadn't traded the legend that is Drury.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #3762
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Noooooo! Ah well, just got back from Vegas where I went on the annual debauchery festival with some buds. We watched the game at the Tilted Kilt in the Rio and ran across more plastic Ducks fans. It was hilarious to have to explain to those "fans" what the blue line offsides play stoppage meant. Gotta love them SoCal bandwagoners. Quack!

Onto game 3, I thought it was by far the most open we played in this series. Getting a 5-3 advantage and walking away empty-handed was just a killer in that first but at least we found a way to break through at long last eh? I really feel like this team is at a crossroads again with that first line. At times, the old flashes of the great former Avs lineups show through, but it just never feels like we could steal a game just on willpower anymore. Our defense is showing the same cracks that I've been worried about all year. Man oh man, what I wouldnt do to get Footer back in an Avs jersey. Its amazing how much we miss his playoff presence on that ice sometimes.

Obviously, any hopes of winning this series are impractical but I still have hope we make a great showing and win game 4 at home with honor. And if we do go make it to game 5, you better believe I'll still be at the Pond in increasingly growing enemy territory rooting on my Avs with my gear in tow CaliJohn! Go AVS!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #3763
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

950 The Fan is such a ****ing joke. It's comical to listen to these shills refuse to hold anyone from the Avs accountable. It was especially amazing to hear Mike "Whiny Biatch" Evans and Joe "What Color Is The Blue Line?" Williams sitting there going on about what an overall good game Breezeby played. Almost sounds like these jerkoffs are reading from a script approved by Pierre Lacroix.

It kills me because I've heard people from 950 criticize other radio stations (specifically 850 KOA) for being Bronco homers, yet here they are acting as the Avs organizational mouthpiece.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #3764
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
950 The Fan is such a ****ing joke. It's comical to listen to these shills refuse to hold anyone from the Avs accountable. It was especially amazing to hear Mike "Whiny Biatch" Evans and Joe "What Color Is The Blue Line?" Williams sitting there going on about what an overall good game Breezeby played. Almost sounds like these jerkoffs are reading from a script approved by Pierre Lacroix.

It kills me because I've heard people from 950 criticize other radio stations (specifically 850 KOA) for being Bronco homers, yet here they are acting as the Avs organizational mouthpiece.

We are in need of a real hockey wise radio show/ hosts.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #3765
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
We are in need of a real hockey wise radio show/ hosts.
Not to worry, Evans just revealed that he's been around Breezeby and thinks he's a nice guy and a stand up guy. Oh yeah, and he also said he was sorry for what happened. I guess that makes it allright.

That pisses me off because that little **** stain Evans is the first one to jump all over Jake Plummer the second he makes a mistake, despite the fact that, by all accounts, Plummer is a nice guy and a stand up guy too. But then 950 isn't the Broncos flagship station, so I guess that gives them the green light to be critical of them while being complete Avalanche suck ups.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #3766
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Not to worry, Evans just revealed that he's been around Breezeby and thinks he's a nice guy and a stand up guy. Oh yeah, and he also said he was sorry for what happened. I guess that makes it allright.

That pisses me off because that little **** stain Evans is the first one to jump all over Jake Plummer the second he makes a mistake, despite the fact that, by all accounts, Plummer is a nice guy and a stand up guy too. But then 950 isn't the Broncos flagship station, so I guess that gives them the green light to be critical of them while being complete Avalanche suck ups.

They like getting invited to all the avs parties we need somebody that doesn't care what they think and speak the truth.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #3767
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
So much for that guarantee
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #3768
Jori
US Olympian

It's 2-2 going into OT
Old 05-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #3769
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:

They were defending Brisebois on Avs Talk last night too. Sandy Clough said that Brisebois was the Avs second best defenseman last night
Old 05-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #3770
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
I get a real kick out of people pining for Chris Drury. I swear, to listen to some people around this town, you'd think that the Avs would have won the last three Stanley Cups if only they hadn't traded the legend that is Drury.
Perhaps fans are overexaggerating, but the Avs haven't found any consistent secondary scoring in the playoffs since he left. In 02-03 and 03-04 only Sakic and Forsberg consistently produced for the Avs during the post season. This year, the Avs top line was great in the Dallas series, but Tanguay (outside of game three) was nowhere to be found. The Ducks shut down the Sakic line and Tanguay continues to be non-existent. Yes, Drury will always be an average regular season player, but there is no denying he stepped up in the playoffs. It was up to guys like Tanguay and Hejduk to fill the void and they have not stepped up to the plate.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #3771
Jori
US Olympian

Buffalo wins!

Sens and Devils join the Avs in the down 0-3 club. Will Edmonton be next? Gotta love the NHL playoffs.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #3772
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

If I were on Chiefsplanet, I believe "Heh" would be the appropriate word.

This serves the poster Al_Wilson right for being an arrogant jackass all year.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #3773
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default sj vs oil game

Anybody watchin?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #3774
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A
Avs homepage shows that Vanaanan will be back for game 4. Now all we need is Svatos back by game 7 .

That's great news and all, but it kind of worries me. That was a horrible injury and it seems a bit quick to come back from it. I hope he doesn't reinjure it and ruin his career.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #3775
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Hey, welcome to the 0-3 club! Nice guarantee.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote