The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #3701
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

bummer, 0-3...

you guys are forgetting that this avs team is a 7th seed for a reason....

hell, not many of you (or me) gave the avs a shot going into the playoffs....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #3702
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia
bummer, 0-3...

Yeah, you're right, militia. I had them getting in for sure, but I also for sure they were a first round exit. But after they dominated Dallas, they got our hopes up and now it's hard to see them go down like this.

Whatever happens, they weren't expected to do this well and we should be proud of them for what they did do.

Stupid ****ing Melrose.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #3703
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn

Stupid ****ing Melrose.
lol...now PL needs to pull his head out of his ass and get some young talent in hear this upcoming offseason....and sombody get Theo a bigger catcher!! Holly crap! Ole!

Last edited by bronco militia; 05-09-2006 at 10:40 PM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #3704
DBruleU
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Nonsense. Scott Hannan was allowed to ride piggy back on Peter Forsberg's back up and down the ice. He neutralized the best two way player in hockey (when healthy) without being able to skate. The Sharks constantly interferred with Aebischer with no calls...whilst an Avalanche player got called for interence (Forsberg) while in posession of the puck and scoring a f***ing goal.

You're welcome to your opinion...but you're flat out wrong on this. There is a reason that people wanted to see teams like the AVS, red wings, senators and even the canucks play prior to the lockout (there were a few others like the lightning, but they escape me)...it's because they played fast paced...skilled hockey. The NHL allowed teams like the Devils...the Wild...and even the Ducks in their run to the finals to erase fantastic skill with open ice muggings...with or without the puck...it didn't matter. It was to the league's detriment, and they've finally realized that. They've been rewarded with a fast paced exciting Stanley Cup playoffs this year.

Actually you may have a point...both the Wild, and the Sharks were better at playing pig slop hockey than the highly skilled, Avs, red wings...and even Toronto was able to out muck the Senators for years.

It was bull **** hockey...that the league has taken significant steps to rectify.
Dude, they probably did play the kind of slop hockey that you're talking about, but they did outplay the Avs, and were a better team in that series hands down. You dont go up 3-0 against a great team like the Avs by just playing dirty and slop hockey like you say. You have to have some hard work and skill thrown in there to go up by that much in a series.
DBruleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:43 PM   #3705
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I think Tred mentioned she was going to this game. Hey Tred, was there a rioting throng outside the locker room waiting to trample Breeze? If so, I'd hope you were in it.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #3706
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Brisebois has done the impossible...

He's made Martin Skoula look good.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:46 PM   #3707
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia
bummer, 0-3...

Yep, still hurts though i really feel for theo who played just fantastic.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:47 PM   #3708
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X

Oh man...how right you are
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:50 PM   #3709
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X

Insert rimshot.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:10 PM   #3710
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Man, if we could find a way to get Demitra, Kobasew and now Lupul, we'd be set. Then they wouldn't have to chance to kill us anymore.

Who's posting on the HF boards? I see Bronx and Jori, anyone else over there? I went to register but it won't take my email addy, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to register an email addy with my ISP provider.

Also, I'll feel a bit better if someone else goes down 3 too.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #3711
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Where to start...At least it was a great game. I just got back from Pepsi Center after sitting in the best seats I've ever had for an NHL game. 13 rows back right on one of the bluelines. They were perfectly placed above the glass. I've sat in a bunch of nice seats at the Can and other NHL arenas and I'd have to say this is the best place to be -- a great view of the ice at all times.

Alex Tanguay played one of the worst games an NHL skater can play. You could take a tape of tonight's game and show it to young kids on how not to play hockey. Bad passes, terrible turnovers, tyring to be too cute with the puck, avoiding contact instead of clearing the puck out of your own zone, etc etc etc.

Tanguay, Brisebois and Turgeon's names were definitely used with a lot of curse words by the crowd tonight. I heard a lot of anti-French stuff leaving the stadium, which I guess is unfair to Theodore . I really hope we can trade Tanguay for something useful. Oh yeah, Kurt Sauer was just as bad as the French trio of futility. You could just see how tired our 5 defeseman were during overtime because Sauer couldn't be trusted to play. He's just too slow for the new NHL.

The crowd went pretty wild after Hinote's goal. God knows we'd been waiting forever for something to cheer for.

The Ducks are going to win multiple Stanley Cups with their current nucleus. They're young, fast as hell, big as hell, and have the best defenseman in the league (by far, Lidstrom fans). Joffrey Lupul, Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner, Corey Perry, oh my. Penner is a monster out there. Scott Neidermayer is a joy to watch, even when he's quietly killing your team. He is the exact opposite of Patrice Brisebois.

Well, it was a fun team to watch this year and I've already said that getting past the first round was an accomplishment. At least we didn't choke like the Red Wings and Canucks.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #3712
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Awesome pics, Breck.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #3713
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Awesome pics, Breck.
I agree and i have sat there before it's just perfect IMO i just wished the game would have ended better for ya.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:41 PM   #3714
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

I can't believe that Brad May came into the lineup and provided a real spark with his hitting and energy, while Pierre Turgeon came back and took 3 real dumb penalites and was a liability all night. You'd think the guy who's best known for putting a bounty out on a player would be the one taking dumb penalites and the guy who's scored over 500 NHL goals would provide a spark.

Since the start of 2006 I've attended a handful of games featuring my favorite teams. My record;

Broncos 0-1 (AFC Championship loss)

Avalanche 0-4 (including one in Calgary)

DU Hockey 0-4 (including shocking playoff loss to Minnesota St.)

Rockies 0-3 (did get to see Mr. Popular hit #709 at Coors)

Sometimes it sucks being a sports fan.

Last edited by Breck Bronc; 05-09-2006 at 11:43 PM..
Old 05-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #3715
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Awesome pics, Breck.
Thanks, just wish I had a digital SLR like Pez .
Old 05-09-2006, 11:45 PM   #3716
Jori
US Olympian

I think San Jose and Anaheim will be the two best teams in the west the next half dozen or so years.

This will be an interesting offseason in Colorado. Will Lacroix be able to get rid of any of the dead weight? Tanguay's a nice guy, but it may be time to move on. If the Avs could find a team that would be willing to part with a good young skating defenseman, the Avs should pull the trigger. Tanguay has some trade value. He's young and he would have a manageable salary. Svatos might be another guy on the block because of his injuries, but that's another story. Guys like Wolski and Stastny are the future. The Avs have to start thinking youth.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:07 AM   #3717
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
I think San Jose and Anaheim will be the two best teams in the west the next half dozen or so years.

This will be an interesting offseason in Colorado. Will Lacroix be able to get rid of any of the dead weight? Tanguay's a nice guy, but it may be time to move on. If the Avs could find a team that would be willing to part with a good young skating defenseman, the Avs should pull the trigger. Tanguay has some trade value. He's young and he would have a manageable salary. Svatos might be another guy on the block because of his injuries, but that's another story. Guys like Wolski and Stastny are the future. The Avs have to start thinking youth.
I agree about the Ducks and Sharks. They both were lucky that they had 2 1st round picks in the 2003 draft. So much talent in that draft and they got 2 players each. I'm sure you'll agree with me that it will be more tolerable to see Matt Carle and Sharks win the Cup rather than Burke and the Ducks.

I really hope Rob Blake will sign a reasonable contract with us this summer. He was awesome after the Olympic break. He looked like he had no gas left in the tank in tonight's overtime; he really played great tonight in a losing effort. I bet Rob's not a big fan of Brisebois and Tanguay right now.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #3718
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Tremendous pics Breck.

Yeah San Jose and Anaheim look like they could be the new Red Wings/AVS. It could be even more intense as they're in the same division. Highly skilled swift skating teams.

Assuming the Ducks go ahead and end this series, and the Sharks win theirs...the Conference finals will be tremendously fun to watch.

Good call about the future for the AVS Jori...they may have to take a step or two back...in order to get back up into the elite. A youth movement is in order for sure.

They definitely need to start stockpiling the blue line with some legit young talent. Easier said than done of course, but it's key.

(Edit: Both Blake and Sakic have gone on the record...and said they'd take less to stay in Colorado. We'll just have to see how much less really is...in regards to Blake. He's not the same player he was in his prime, but he's still capable of being dominant from time to time.)

Last edited by Pendejo; 05-10-2006 at 12:12 AM..
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 AM   #3719
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBruleU
Dude, they probably did play the kind of slop hockey that you're talking about, but they did outplay the Avs, and were a better team in that series hands down. You dont go up 3-0 against a great team like the Avs by just playing dirty and slop hockey like you say. You have to have some hard work and skill thrown in there to go up by that much in a series.
History, and the permanent record will both agree with you. I, however, simply won't. It's my honest opinion. Take it for what it is. It doesn't matter to me.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #3720
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default i love it

Oh I love the down and out and the pi$$ed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Just so everybody knows (duck fans are a**holes)
Hmmm, never heard this one before. I thought we were just passive, bandwagoners. How can we be like Flyer fan? The anger of being down 3 to 0 must really get you angry. Dont do a Orange 4 Lfe/Cutler thread on us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBruleU
How about all of em? I cant believe we let a team like the freakin Duck's take a 3-0 lead on us. Seriously....the Mighty Ducks? C'mon Avs pathetic.
Yeah, the Ducks? Just a team that was a seed higher than the Avs and one of the hottest teams since the olympics ended. Maybe come around a little more often and you would know that the Ducks (no Mighty anymore) have been good. Thanks for taking the team lightly. Maybe the name threw you off. You should have looked more deep into the actual players. A lot of rookie and sophmore players. Get to know them as they will be around for a long time!
Thank God the regular posters put down their own team not berating the Ducks. I respect their vast knowledge of not only their team but other teams. You know who you guys are and thanks!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:26 AM   #3721
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
Selective reading. Most of the consistent Avs fans/Hockey posters have given the Ducks their due. It's stupid not to with the way they've played since the olympic break.

They're playing great hockey.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:26 AM   #3722
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Hmmm, never heard this one before. I thought we were just passive, bandwagoners. How can we be like Flyer fan? The anger of being down 3 to 0 must really get you angry. Dont do a Orange 4 Lfe/Cutler thread on us!

Yeah, the Ducks? Just a team that was a seed higher than the Avs and one of the hottest teams since the olympics ended. Maybe come around a little more often and you would know that the Ducks (no Mighty anymore) have been good. Thanks for taking the team lightly. Maybe the name threw you off. You should have looked more deep into the actual players. A lot of rookie and sophmore players. Get to know them as they will be around for a long time!
Thank God the regular posters put down their own team not berating the Ducks. I respect their vast knowledge of not only their team but other teams. You know who you guys are and thanks!

Ummmmm no just been dealing with em on other boards..

Don't know what to tell you guys....
bigserg2 Posted: May 09, 2006 10:36 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

...except that it's been fun.

Ducks in 4

And

7-1 Shots Advantage = Anaheim
bigserg Posted: May 09, 2006 05:36 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

wow...what a Power Play!!! It's 5on3 lets pass it around the umbrella....pathetic.

Last edited by Bronx33; 05-10-2006 at 12:29 AM..
Old 05-10-2006, 12:39 AM   #3723
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Selective reading. Most of the consistent Avs fans/Hockey posters have given the Ducks their due. It's stupid not to with the way they've played since the olympic break.

They're playing great hockey.
I guess you had selective reading as i commended those that have been posting here as regulars. Dont hit "Reply" until you read the whole post.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:01 AM   #3724
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
I guess you had selective reading as i commended those that have been posting here as regulars. Dont hit "Reply" until you read the whole post.
Touche.

Just figured it was another usless post from a typical whining ducks fan...so I didn't read the whole thing.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #3725
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Touche.

Just figured it was another usless post from a typical whining ducks fan...so I didn't read the whole thing.
First, I AM THE ONLY DUCKS FAN HERE! second, nothing to whine about. We might have b****ed about Kariya bolting after the Stanley Cup run. Oh, we did have to walk inside the arena when it rained at a few games this year. Boy, that really sucked out loud.