The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #3576
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Eventually the puck is going to take a good bounce and maybe getting one past Bryzgalov will change the series.

Our powerplay has been as bad as any team I've ever seen. No puck possesion whatsoever. The Anaheim PP is the exact opposite.

The most encouraging thing is Jose Theodore. I thought he was great today. I couldn't believe how many guys were in front of him on the second Ducks goal; 4 Avs and 1 Duck were in a straight line in front of him.

Maybe Rob Blake's huge hit at the end there will give the team life. Inserting Cody McCormick, Bob Boughner or even Brad May might be an option to get more physical and give the team some energy. Brett McLean and Alex Tanguay should be the one's to watch game 3 from the pressbox.

This series isn't over, but it's definitely close. The Avs have come back from worse, like in 1999 vs. Detroit, but Forsberg, Drury and Roy are not on this team.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:17 PM   #3577
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

It's also encouraging that the 3rd period of this game was the Avs best of the series thus far. Tanguay flubbed a bouncing puck (I give him credit just for getting that knuckler on net) that got gloved. If the puck sits flat, he fires that one in. They hit the crossbar on a shift shortly thereafter. They've shown that they're not gonna mail it in despite the fact that they're down and have been completely outplayed. This team hasn't quit all year, they won't start now.

As Jori mentioned, let's see how having the last change will effect things in game 3. The Ducks won't be able to get the matchup they want after every stoppage, so let's see how well the Avs adjust. Again, the Ducks deserve a lot of credit, they've played two outstanding games thus far. They're on a roll right now.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #3578
Jori
US Olympian

Getting the first goal on Tuesday night is key. Listening to Quenneville's press conference, he mentioned about turning the momentum. Nothing would be better then getting the first goal in front of a rowdy crowd and building it up from there.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:22 PM   #3579
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Sigh, well that was horrific. And I so wanted to talk smack to these SoCal bandwagoners at the game. Geez, that kid was a brick wall out there in goal wasnt he? I dont know how it came off on the tube, but you could see the Avs were just totally out of sync from the getgo yet again tonight.
I agree Clocky, at least when we started playing scrappy in that third period, we finally managed to get some good quality shots together. Up until about that last two minutes of the first period though.. we had 3 miserable shots. Yuck.

Calijohn, where were you? I kept waiting for your call again ya bastage!
On a sidenote, at least the Ducks managed to sell out this game and pack the house unlike game one where there were still empty seats to be found all over the upper bowl.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #3580
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

San Jose holds off Edmonton, 2-1.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #3581
Jori
US Olympian

Sharks fans have good things to look forward to...that team is scary good and is only going to get better.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #3582
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
Hockey is dead here now that the Lightning are out.
I didnt think hockey was THAT BIG to start in Florida. Unless u count all those 70 plus old farts from the cold New England States retired down to the panhandle.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:06 AM   #3583
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
Calijohn, where were you? I kept waiting for your call again ya bastage!
On a sidenote, at least the Ducks managed to sell out this game and pack the house unlike game one where there were still empty seats to be found all over the upper bowl.
Sorry Pez but I was getting in line for my new basketball team, the LA Clippers since the Lakers are out and my former fav team, the Bulls, just dont have that star power anymore. Plus I was selling my Angels tickets since they are in 3rd place and buying Padres tixs since they are on a 8 game winning streak. Thank God I bought these playoff tickets when I left the Kings as a fan when they were eliminated. Actually, i gave my season seats to the other guy who is 1/3 of my tickets. I have the next two if needed.
While you are b****en about fairweather fans, MY DUCKS ARE UP 2 GAMES TO ZILCH. Zilch as in how many goals has the Avs have in this series. My 24 hours of celebration started around 3pm. I think the difference in game one and game 2 for theodore is that he took out the springs in his pads.

breck:"I got pretty drunk after watching the abortion of last night." You must be in a stooper then tonight. I believe Avs will take at least one in denver. Last count One ducks fan, CB24 rooting for one series , sheeeat load of AVS fans and one choking Red Wings honk not showing us his teams shutout wins this year anymore. Enjoy Monday! It is midnight.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #3584
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

Got to score a goal, hopefully first goal of game 3. Very important. In addition, much more nastier play is required. I'd sit Lapierre and bring in Brad May to smack them around. Especially Selanne and Neidermeyer if you can get a whack on him. Oh yeah, Friesen needs to chill, he earned every bit of that getting laid out hit by blake. Watch his game and you'll see why he earned it.....Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Avs tear it up and even up the series in Denver...dman

*I'm still waiting for an Av to level the young Duck defenseman (legally of course) who cheap shotted Brunsie...
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #3585
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by defenseman
*I'm still waiting for an Av to level the young Duck defenseman (legally of course) who cheap shotted Brunsie...

I'll have to disagree on that one...if that was a cheap shot , then the Steve Moore's hit on Naslund and Clarks hit on Madonno were cheap shots as well.

screw the rough stuff...the Avs suck at it anyways. Just get more shots on goal and try to do a better job with puck possession. They have yet to challenge the rookie goalie.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #3586
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman

Seriously? That is about ultra lame.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #3587
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Seriously? That is about ultra lame.
'Duck' fans booing Rob Blake is the clincher
Old 05-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #3588
Jori
US Olympian

It's not Ducks fans booking Blake, it's Kings fans with nothing better to do
Old 05-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #3589
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
It's not Ducks fans booking Blake, it's Kings fans with nothing better to do
there's no such thing as a "Duck fan"

king/duck/laker/clipper/angel/dodger/raider/ram fan

Old 05-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #3590
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia

No fans whatsoever. Are you retarded militia? We have over 2.3 million at Angels stadium, 3 million at Dodger stadium, clippers and lakers sell out every game (since clips moved to Staples center) and rams and raiders havent been here in 10 years yahoo. Why didnt game 1 sell out? Tickets were starting at over $45. As a season ticket holder, my seats were only $12 for the exact same seats. Yes, more will be looking for upcoming games. I cant defend the Ducks bandwagon this year.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #3591
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
No fans whatsoever. Are you retarded militia? We have over 2.3 million at Angels stadium, 3 million at Dodger stadium, clippers and lakers sell out every game (since clips moved to Staples center) and rams and raiders havent been here in 10 years yahoo. Why didnt game 1 sell out? Tickets were starting at over $45. As a season ticket holder, my seats were only $12 for the exact same seats. Yes, more will be looking for upcoming games. I cant defend the Ducks bandwagon this year.
lol.....you're pretty much fighting a nation wide perception of the SoCal sports market.

I grew up in soCal...I know how it works down there.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:02 PM   #3592
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Dodgers sell out almost every game regardless of how the teams doing. Yes, we like to support winners like every town. 10 years ago, Saints at Denver ---SELL OUT----- BUT 10,000 no shows. It even happens in Denver. Check out the Rockies games. As they keep winning, watch how the stadium fills up.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #3593
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia

haha!

hatermyth!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #3594
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

GO CANES...

Im worried Brodure will come back in this series with a vengance after saturday but im pretty sure Cam Ward has enough confidence in himself that we can hold them to two goals and put three good shots past that Pig Brodure.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #3595
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

marty is awesome - don't hate.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #3596
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
Your right there are no bandwagoners in LA. People just like putting flags on their cars en masse for awhile and then take them down all at once, never to be seen again....its all just a coincidence. Where are all the flags? I used to see them on almost half the cars on the freeway coming home and now I dont see anything. This city is full of the most pathetic, worthless bandwagon fans you could find. Nobody gave a **** about hockey until the Kings got to the 93 finals against Montreal and then you saw Ronald Reagan at games among other celebrities. I dont recall the Coliseum being full to the brim when Mike Van Raaphorst was the QB, or even Brad Otton and Kyle Wachholtz. There is very little "hardcore" sports fans here. Just garbage bandwagoners. I see the likes of these people literally all the time. I see it in social gatherings, I see at work, literally everywhere. I find it amusing for the Governor calling for 2 teams for LA, the fans of this city are simply undeserving of even a single football team. They simply dont deserve to have the enjoyment and benefit of even one team.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #3597
Jori
US Olympian

What a performance by Ryan Miller tonight; 43 saves in a 2-1 win for Buffalo.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #3598
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

NJ stuns the Carolina faithful with the winning goal with 20 seconds left in the game. Parise's shot goes off Gomez and the post for the GW goal.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #3599
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Dullvilles get a flukey goal to take the lead with 20.7 to go.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #3600
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Hey Sens fan, join the 0-2 crowd. Sucks, eh?
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote