The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #3526
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
The Avs look like s**t. I can understand that they came out a little flat in the first period considering the layoff, but they are playing with no heart. I'm so pissed off at Tanguay words cannot describe. The Ducks are skating circles around this team. They aren't going to come back and win this game, but show some damn heart in the third period at least!
I know that he had the knee injury near the end of the season, but that's no excuse for how poorly Tanguay has played in the playoffs. Not just tonight, but the entire playoffs. He's been floating out there. No energy, no skating, no hustle. Tonight he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

Pathetic performance all-around by the Avs and a strong one for Anaheim. This is looking a lot like two years ago when the Avs breezed through Dallas in round one and then got their clocks cleaned in round two by San Jose.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #3527
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

This blows. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

Thanks a lot, Melrose...you bastard.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #3528
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
This is looking a lot like two years ago when the Avs breezed through Dallas in round one and then got their clocks cleaned in round two by San Jose.
I honestly still have nightmares about that damn series. I don't know if I could handle it happening again!

I think JSG needs to get his job back.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #3529
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Either way, it's just game one. It was a laughably bad performance and the Ducks handed them their asses in every phase of the game, but it's still just game one. If they can come out and right the ship in game 2, they go home with a split, which is what you want as the road team.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #3530
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Either way, it's just game one. It was a laughably bad performance and the Ducks handed them their asses in every phase of the game, but it's still just game one. If they can come out and right the ship in game 2, they go home with a split, which is what you want as the road team.

Did you cut and paste that from a couple of years ago when I started to panic early on, against the Sharks? I do recall having to keep coming back here for reassurance, and I would feel way better.

Carry on.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #3531
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Did you cut and paste that from a couple of years ago when I started to panic early on, against the Sharks? I do recall having to keep coming back here for reassurance, and I would feel way better.

Carry on.
No, it's just how I feel about it. Had the Avs won this game 5-0 instead of losing 5-0, I'd feel the same way. Good or bad, it's just game one.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #3532
Jori
US Olympian

Win game two and it lessens the sting of tonight's performance.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #3533
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn

Carry on.
The problem with that is .... I remember how that series ended.

And it was a LONG time before they played hockey again.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #3534
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

It doesent matter. They werent going to win this game.

The Av's are 4-0 in playoff games that I've seen. And now 0-2 in games that I have missed due to hockey practice.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #3535
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Sorry, but this was really, really bad .... I don't care if the first one was a BS call - Theodore melted down in the 2nd period.

I say Budaj in goal for game 2.

It doesn't have to be a "benching" .... Jose didnt play for a pretty long while there, and Budaj was nails after the trade. Put Budaj in - just Game 2, and take it from there ...

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 05-05-2006 at 11:01 PM..
Old 05-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #3536
Jori
US Olympian

The entire team melted down in the second period, it wasn't just Theo. Putting in Budaj wont solve things unless the team plays better in front of the net. The Avs were out hustled, out muscled, and out chanced tonight. It was a poor performance top to bottom. If anybody gets benched it's that soft paper tissue Alex Tanguay. I'm really getting tired of his crap.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #3537
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

When did the Ducks get Niedermeier?
Old 05-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #3538
Jori
US Olympian

They signed him during the offseason. I believe it was to a five year deal. Brian Burke may be a POS, but he can build a team. He got rid of dead weight and has brought in some exciting talent. The Ducks are on the rise. Even though I thought they should have drafted Jack Johnson over Bobby Ryan, they have some great young players on the team and throughout their organization.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #3539
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

It hurts to be at the game and watch these idiot russian defensemen actually try to play defense.

Honestly, what the **** was that garbage. Meszaros, learn how to ****ing pass the puck. And Volchenkov, what a dumbass.

Redden can't even take one guy out of a 2 on 1 break.

Just pathetic. Ray Emery shouldn't be blamed...not his fault a bunch of idiots didn't allow him to make a save.

Sabres were lucky they had Meszaros on their team, cause they can't get a single shot on us.

I'm confident Sens will win the rest.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #3540
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Anyone else notice that things were going well until Faderproof came in with his "good luck"

We got home pretty early last night, after making a sad exit about 5 minutes before the game ended but all in all it was a great atmosphere in the Pond last night. If only the Avs would have put up some better effort. CaliJohn, did you try to call last night? Let me know if you are set up for game 2 so we can grab some brews before the game!

Onto game 2... lets hope we can turn it around damn it
Old 05-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #3541
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff1

I get the feeling you are one of those 'only watch the playoffs' kinda guys?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #3542
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
Anyone else notice that things were going well until Faderproof came in with his "good luck"
Way to go, DF. You're as bad as Melrose.

Nice to see you around, bud.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #3543
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Gotta just forget that one and focus on game 2, any word on bruno?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:03 PM   #3544
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff1
Where you been? the polar ice cap?
Old 05-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #3545
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Well both teams that had some time off are geting there arses handed to them..... devils being raped 4-0 by the canes and they are running marty over every rush.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #3546
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

I'm surprised the Hurricanes are beating New Jersey so handily -- it's 4-0 now. Also, Peter McNabb called the game last night in Anaheim (which ended at 12:30 am EST) and flew all the way across the country to call the Carolina/New Jersey game (which started at 2:00 pm EST). What a warrior .

I got pretty drunk after watching the abortion of last night. Our star players need to pick it up again. Milan Hejduk was not only directly responsible for the first two Anaheim goals with two terrible breakout passes, he also got Andrew Brunette knocked out with a suicide pass. Joe Sakic did not play very well, either. The turning point of the game for me, other than the Beauchemin hit on Brunette, was Sakic getting stoned by Bryzgalov on that early 2-on-1 rush.

Alex Tanguay does nothing but go offsides, take dumb penalties, turn the puck over and make stupid decisions all over the ice. At this rate I wouldn't mind seeing the Avs give him his outright release after game 4 when this series ends. Now that's an overreaction, but I'm so frustrated watching this immensely talented player's awful performance right now.

The worst thing last night was not losing 5-0, it was watching one of our most important players get knocked out and no one even going after Francois Beauchemin. Lappy fighting Moen does nothing; going after Beauchemin would have at least sent some sort of message. I just hope Bruno is Ok. If not we'll need Pierre Turgeon to step out of the doghouse and start producing. Or maybe we put Cody McCormick or Bob Boughner back into the lineup to add some physical play and go after Beauchemin.

Ilya Bryzgalov looks huge in nets and the Avs are going to have to start making him go side to side instead of letting him go down early into the butterfly. I'm confident they will figure him out; it's the little part of stopping the Ducks from scoring that I'm not sure we can accomplish.

A win tomorrow and Friday night is a distant memory.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #3547
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Just get the split.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #3548
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27
yup, this loss was a tough one to swallow. on the plus side, we just may see Kenny Holland lose his job.
Enjoy the ducks last coach as he bolted to detroit. Seems Ducks are doing pretty well without him.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:35 PM   #3549
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
It doesent matter. They werent going to win this game.

The Av's are 4-0 in playoff games that I've seen. And now 0-2 in games that I have missed due to hockey practice.
CAN i send you out for some lunch in aspen MightySmurf? Why all the log faces around here? I am thrilled. Isnt everyone here Ducks fans? Oh well, I will have my party to myself. Ducks have the 10 minute rule of celebrating the win for 10 minutes after the game. I use the 24 hour rule as a fan. BTW: Pez was nowhere to be seen in 204 Row D. It would have been easy to find as there wasnt that many Avs fans as Pez would have you believed. Rest for Avs? Looked more like Rust. Sunday high noon.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #3550
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn
CAN i send you out for some lunch in aspen MightySmurf? Why all the log faces around here? I am thrilled. Isnt everyone here Ducks fans? Oh well, I will have my party to myself. Ducks have the 10 minute rule of celebrating the win for 10 minutes after the game. I use the 24 hour rule as a fan. BTW: Pez was nowhere to be seen in 204 Row D. It would have been easy to find as there wasnt that many Avs fans as Pez would have you believed. Rest for Avs? Looked more like Rust. Sunday high noon.
I waited with baited breath for your phone call last night after the Ducks took that 2-0 lead. I have to say, your fellow bandwagoner Orange county crowds sure know how to back a winner. I swear between them slipping on their Clippers gear and Ducks gear last night, I dont know how they kept up

No worries, you know where to find me for game two CaliJohn. The first beer is on me if you dare be seen with an Avs fan