The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 10:30 AM   #326
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

There have been rumblings about the Avs interest in Luongo for weeks. I don't think anything is imminent. The Avs have injury concerns with Turgeon and Konowalchuk. Turgeon's injury is more of a day-to-day thing, but Konowalchuk looks to be headed to surgery on his wrist. All this means is that the Avs can't afford to move any forwards in a trade right now without getting a forward in return or making a separate transaction if the Panthers don't take Aebischer in the deal which has been reported by Larry Brooks. Then again, Brooks is the same guy who was claiming the Avs would ship Sakic to the Rangers for Petr Nedved all those years ago.

Last edited by Jori; 11-27-2005 at 10:33 AM..
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #327
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Well its bad news for the Avs, Konowalchuk out for the rest of the season:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=144775&hubname=nhl
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #328
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain
 
Breck Bronc's Avatar
 
The Gunslinger

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Well its bad news for the Avs, Konowalchuk out for the rest of the season:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=144775&hubname=nhl
Well, so much for this season. ****ing ****.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #329
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Damn. That's a tough pill for the Av's and their fans. Steve is a real solid veteran who not only produces while on the ice, he's a great guy to show the young players the ropes. Great player, and great leader.
Sorry for the loss fella's.
Now, go get Luongo so I don't have to see him in the East!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:59 PM   #330
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,007

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Maybe if we can keep it up, we can add Kessel to the mix next year. This is getting to be beyond pathetic. 4-0 to Philly's 'Ning in the 3rd right now after helping Florida break out of their slump 6-3 a few nights ago.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:08 PM   #331
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain
 
Breck Bronc's Avatar
 
The Gunslinger

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Maybe if we can keep it up, we can add Kessel to the mix next year. This is getting to be beyond pathetic. 4-0 to Philly's 'Ning in the 3rd right now after helping Florida break out of their slump 6-3 a few nights ago.
At this point for the Pens you've still got to like the fact that Crosby, Fleury and Malkin might soon be joined by Phil Kessel or Jonathon Toews. That's a damn nice core to build around.

Forget about the Recchi's and LeClair's at this point and forge ahead with the youth.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:10 PM   #332
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,007

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
At this point for the Pens you've still got to like the fact that Crosby, Fleury and Malkin might soon be joined by Phil Kessel or Jonathon Toews. That's a damn nice core to build around.

Forget about the Recchi's and LeClair's at this point and forge ahead with the youth.
I hear they are trying to ship a veteran (Gonchar or Palffy) likely the former since Palffy has turned it on lately so that they can free up a little more money so that they can afford to bring up Fleury for good in the next couple of weeks. Its blatantly obvious now that he is the best goaltender on the team. Almost everytime they have brought him up, he has had a quality start. He's the only one of the three who's NHL GAA is below 4 and the only one who's save percentage is above .900. He has nothing more to accomplish in the AHL. He has won 16 of 18 games down there and his GAA is well below 2.00. Its all about money now. They didnt want to add another 3 million but now theyve figured out that they are never going to be more than a 3 or 4 game below .500 team this season with Caron and T-Blow.

Good point on the youngsters vs. the vets. Ive been far more impressed with the youngsters this year. Obviously Crosby has been a beast. Christensen has been a fine center as well. Whitney is probably our best defenseman and he was just called up a few weeks ago. Murley has played well tonight. Malone and Orpik have been disappointments so far though. There's alot of young talent though, there is a great young defenseman at WBS in Noah Welch, I cant wait to see him play. Maybe they can turn it around but its unlikely right now. Havent really been impressed with any of the vets lately, except for Palffy who finally got off his ass.
__________________

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 11-27-2005 at 05:17 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #333
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
The loss to Florida today was galling. I only got to see the first ten mins of the game before I had to go, unfortuneatly they had already scored 4 goals by that point. Playing the Pens can cure any ailment! I dont know about you Josh, but im getting fed up with Edzo.

This did bring a smile to my face though, from Malkin's coach in the Russian Super League:

"He's just been dominant," Magnitogorsk coach Dave King said. "I've coached [Eric] Lindros and I've coached other young people [such as Rick Nash] and this guy is something special. In one-on-one drills, he just evaporates as he goes past a defender. He has the ability to see the plays in front of him and also sense the pressure coming from behind. It's almost Gretzky-like. He's really the best player in the league."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...=all&print=true
I am not so sure it's "just" edzo - To be honest, i think they have the 'wrong' mix of people on the roster. I'm so in favor of moving gonchar.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #334
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
I hear they are trying to ship a veteran (Gonchar or Palffy) likely the former since Palffy has turned it on lately so that they can free up a little more money so that they can afford to bring up Fleury for good in the next couple of weeks. Its blatantly obvious now that he is the best goaltender on the team. Almost everytime they have brought him up, he has had a quality start. He's the only one of the three who's NHL GAA is below 4 and the only one who's save percentage is above .900. He has nothing more to accomplish in the AHL. He has won 16 of 18 games down there and his GAA is well below 2.00. Its all about money now. They didnt want to add another 3 million but now theyve figured out that they are never going to be more than a 3 or 4 game below .500 team this season with Caron and T-Blow.

Good point on the youngsters vs. the vets. Ive been far more impressed with the youngsters this year. Obviously Crosby has been a beast. Christensen has been a fine center as well. Whitney is probably our best defenseman and he was just called up a few weeks ago. Murley has played well tonight. Malone and Orpik have been disappointments so far though. There's alot of young talent though, there is a great young defenseman at WBS in Noah Welch, I cant wait to see him play. Maybe they can turn it around but its unlikely right now. Havent really been impressed with any of the vets lately, except for Palffy who finally got off his ass.

Malone has started playing better after his benching - and brooks is probably our Second Best D - he gets alot of penalties - but i don't find it THAT bad IMO. We need someone to be tough out there.

But T-bo & Gonchar have to go
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:15 PM   #335
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
I highly doubt MT is happy Forsberg is hurt. She is a vicious, vicious woman, though, so I might be wrong.

I take that as a compliment you know. I'm not happy Forsberg is hurt, not surprised either though.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:16 PM   #336
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
Well, she went out of her way to make fun of Turner Stevenson's injury. She basically said she was happy he was hurt.
Then, in another post, she said she "hated" Forsberg now. So, putting 2 and 2 together, I'd imagine that she is happy Peter is out (even if it's only 1 or 2 games).
I know, that's sad!

Boo hoo for you. Get over it, whiner.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:24 AM   #337
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Boo hoo for you. Get over it, whiner.
Just proving what a low life fan you are. That's all I was doing. I quoted YOUR words right? I didn't make that up somehow did I?

It's not whining in the least. Just stating the obvious.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:37 PM   #338
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
They didnt want to add another 3 million but now theyve figured out that they are never going to be more than a 3 or 4 game below .500 team this season with Caron and T-Blow.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=144967&hubname=

Pens put Thibault on waivers today.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:45 PM   #339
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

I knew that was coming after reading Fluery was called up
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #340
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
Just proving what a low life fan you are. That's all I was doing. I quoted YOUR words right? I didn't make that up somehow did I?

It's not whining in the least. Just stating the obvious.

Again, boo hoo.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:17 PM   #341
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Again, boo hoo.
Again, low life, scumbag fan!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #342
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Again, whining b****, ****head fan.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:51 PM   #343
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

What's the matter hoe? You can't take the truth? Don't be a focking scumbag, lowlife fan if you don't want it to come back attcha.
Seems to me that you are the only one whining about it. I made a statement. If your scumbag lowlife comments came back to haunt you, who's fault is that?
It's called "responsibility" TWAT!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:52 PM   #344
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain
 
Breck Bronc's Avatar
 
The Gunslinger

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,049
Default

The NHL's new unbalanced schedule has been such a success so far I think it should be tweaked even further next season.

Gary Bettman and company would be smart to have each team play a division rival 82 times a season, then switch the teams every year. So instead of Colorado playing Vancouver or Minnesota 8 times a year, they'd play Vancouver 82 times in 2006-'07 and Minnesota 82 times in 2007-'08. Imagine the rivalries this would create! It would also really cut down on travel for Eastern Conference teams even more. The Islanders and Rangers wouldn't have to get on a plane for an entire regular season in the year they play each other!

To make it even better, OLN could then just show one matchup all season, instead of their current rotation of Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New York Rangers, and Boston. Nobody wants to see any teams west of the Mississippi anyway, so I think it would be just fantastic if they broadcast the Flyers vs. the Rangers 30 times a season.

Last edited by Breck Bronc; 11-29-2005 at 04:59 PM..
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #345
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
The NHL's new unbalanced schedule has been such a success so far I think it should be tweaked even further next season.

Gary Bettman and company would be smart to have each team play a division rival 82 times a season, then switch the teams every year. So instead of Colorado playing Vancouver or Minnesota 8 times a year, they'd play Vancouver 82 times in 2006-'07 and Minnesota 82 times in 2007-'08. Imagine the rivalries this would create! It would also really cut down on travel for Eastern Conference teams even more. The Islanders and Rangers wouldn't have to get on a plane for an entire regular season in the year they play each other!

To make it even better, OLN could then just show one matchup all season, instead of their current rotation of Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New York Rangers, and Boston. Nobody wants to see any teams east of the Mississippi anyway, so I think it would be just fantastic if they broadcast the Flyers vs. the Rangers 30 times a season.
Dude, every player on every team would be dead halfway through the season. Talk about hatred! jesus!
I do like the idea though. A better idea would be for OLN to progress to this century. that channel and their hockey coverage freaking blows.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #346
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 971
Default

All you Avs fans put on a Sens Jersey.

It's not too late.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:34 PM   #347
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Isn't this fabulous? I've done us all a favor and put philly on ignore.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:00 PM   #348
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain
 
Breck Bronc's Avatar
 
The Gunslinger

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
All you Avs fans put on a Sens Jersey.

It's not too late.
??

Ottawa is the best team in the league, by far, IMO, but the Avs are no slouch themselves.

I suggest you go buy an Ottawa Renegades jersey and move on to another board. It's not too late.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:52 PM   #349
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
I suggest you go buy an Ottawa Renegades jersey and move on to another board. It's not too late.
That was weak
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #350
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson
All you Avs fans put on a Sens Jersey.

It's not too late.
The Sens are impressive this season, no doubt. But call us when you've actually won something that matters.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Denver Broncos