The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #3376
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Seems sharkie fans want us for some reason..

http://hfboards.com/poll.php?do=show...s&pollid=19355
Maybe because its a quicker way to the finals?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #3377
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Maybe because its a quicker way to the finals?
What would a Queens fan know about the path to the Finals?
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #3378
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
What would a Queens fan know about the path to the Finals?
Ill have to ask Barry Melrose.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #3379
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Maybe because its a quicker way to the finals?
Read this thread some of these folks are completely stupid.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...4&page=1&pp=25

Example:

Originally Posted by Spacemania
Dallas didn't really try in 3 of their games, Detroit played a good game though.

Colorado is good but Edmonton has a lot more heart and energy
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #3380
Tredici
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
You think wrong....I'm unconcerned about such things.

Ummm.. Hogie? That was humor. You know. Nut Sack. Peter.

Little play on words...

Okay.

Never Mind.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #3381
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

I'm not surprised that Sharks fans have already anointed their team the 2006 Western Conference champs. Why not? They're playing well. We'll never know if Vokoun would have made a difference, but they did handle the Preds. Offensively they're not as dynamic as Ottawa, but they're pretty darn good...and Toskala isn't too shabby in the nets.

They're a good team, and will be tough for the Avs to beat if that's the hand their dealt. But what the hell? This tournament is for the Stanley Cup, so it's pretty pointless to try and dodge teams. Might as well show up at the rink, and skate hard...the rest will take care of itself...for good or ill.

As far as dallas not trying...that's nonsense...they tried...they just weren't good enough. The AVS simply outplayed the stars.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #3382
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Ill have to ask Barry Melrose.
Tell him I said thanks for picking Dallas when you talk to him.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #3383
Tredici
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Read this thread some of these folks are completely stupid.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...4&page=1&pp=25

Example:

Originally Posted by Spacemania
Dallas didn't really try in 3 of their games, Detroit played a good game though.

Colorado is good but Edmonton has a lot more heart and energy
Ya gotta love fans. My favorite new evaluation comes from a fellow named Larry Noe who drove all the way into Detroit from Shelbyville Township to the watch game 6 with the faithful at the Hockeytown Cafe. His assessment after the game:

"What do we need?" pondered Noe when it was finally over. "We don't need new players. We don't need a new coach. We need more goals."

--That about sums it up.

Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #3384
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Check it out. Forsberg needs more ankle surgery...again, and may not even be well for the beginning of the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=164771&hubname=nhl

If the Philadelphia Flyers' first-round exit from the Stanley Cup playoffs wasn't enough bad news, the team now faces the possibility of beginning next season without their top player.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that centre Peter Forsberg will need surgery on at least one, if not both, ankles and could miss the start of the 2006-07 season, according to trainer Jim McCrossin.

According to Flyers reporter Tim Panaccio, Forsberg will seek a second opinion from a doctor in Houston next week but he seems committed to having surgery this summer.

"If I want to keep on playing at the level I am, I have to get (surgery)," he said.
"I think I have to come back healthy...I have to take care of it and I have to do it this summer."

Forsberg reportedly has loose ligaments in his ankles that were more uncomfortable than painful. The condition affected his balance, put added stress on his legs and made it difficult to keep his right foot in his skate.

Forsberg could lead a lengthy list of Flyers that need surgery, including Derian Hatcher (knee), Michal Handzus (shoulder) and Sami Kapanen (shoulder).

Last edited by Mtbrncofn; 05-03-2006 at 06:53 PM..
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #3385
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Forsberg has had ankle problems for years. He had two surgeries done on his ankles while he sat out the 01-02 regular season.

Just one more circumstance that suggests that next season will be his last. His body has taken an absolute beating over the years.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #3386
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Forsberg has had ankle problems for years. He had two surgeries done on his ankles while he sat out the 01-02 regular season.
Just one more circumstance that suggests that next season will be his last. His body has taken an absolute beating over the years.

Yep, that's why I put the 'again' in the post.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:58 PM   #3387
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Yep, that's why I put the 'again' in the post.
In a period of about 8 months (May 2001 to January 2002) Forsberg had his spleen removed, two surgeries on his ankles and major foot surgery. He then came back and put up 27 points in 20 playoff games for the Avs. And to think, some people at the time were questioning his dedication.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #3388
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

They're saying on 950 The Fan that if Anaheim wins tonight, the Avs/Ducks series will start on Friday night. If Calgary wins, the Avs/Sharks series will start on Saturday afternoon.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #3389
Jens1893
Ring of Famer
 
Jens1893's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: People´s Republic of Bad Cannstatt
Posts: 9,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Yep, that's why I put the 'again' in the post.
Will Kono be fit?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #3390
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Kono has been skating for months. Though, there will be an adjustment to game speed.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #3391
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
They're saying on 950 The Fan that if Anaheim wins tonight, the Avs/Ducks series will start on Friday night. If Calgary wins, the Avs/Sharks series will start on Saturday afternoon.
An advantage for Colorado if the Ducks win, not a lot of rest time. May Anaheim win in triple OT
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #3392
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quacks score!
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #3393
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Tell him I said thanks for picking Dallas when you talk to him.
He told me he is picking Colorado next round.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #3394
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bigfork, MT
Posts: 8,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
He told me he is picking Colorado next round.

A pox on you and your team!
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #3395
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,944

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Read this thread some of these folks are completely stupid.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...4&page=1&pp=25

Example:

Originally Posted by Spacemania
Dallas didn't really try in 3 of their games, Detroit played a good game though.

Colorado is good but Edmonton has a lot more heart and energy
here is another post by spacemania......


Quote:
That and Modano got crushed in the 2nd and didn't come back for awhile, wearing out other key players in the process. Turco was great, but Theodrore was better.
uh what games was he watching?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:34 PM   #3396
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,080

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

We'll see if Carolina can continue to overcome the Melrose curse.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #3397
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Quacks score!

quack quack 2-0
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #3398
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Check it out. Forsberg needs more ankle surgery...again, and may not even be well for the beginning of the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=164771&hubname=nhl

If the Philadelphia Flyers' first-round exit from the Stanley Cup playoffs wasn't enough bad news, the team now faces the possibility of beginning next season without their top player.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that centre Peter Forsberg will need surgery on at least one, if not both, ankles and could miss the start of the 2006-07 season, according to trainer Jim McCrossin.

According to Flyers reporter Tim Panaccio, Forsberg will seek a second opinion from a doctor in Houston next week but he seems committed to having surgery this summer.

"If I want to keep on playing at the level I am, I have to get (surgery)," he said.
"I think I have to come back healthy...I have to take care of it and I have to do it this summer."

Forsberg reportedly has loose ligaments in his ankles that were more uncomfortable than painful. The condition affected his balance, put added stress on his legs and made it difficult to keep his right foot in his skate.

Forsberg could lead a lengthy list of Flyers that need surgery, including Derian Hatcher (knee), Michal Handzus (shoulder) and Sami Kapanen (shoulder).


Well is PL smelling like a rose again? and hatcher wow! what a suprise. (s)
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #3399
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

If the flames keep going like this we get the ducks and the oil and the sharks get to kick the crap out of eachother.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #3400
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

There's the empty netter to seal it, Anaheim wins 3-0. All 4 of the top seeds in the Western Conference are eliminated.

Avs/Ducks series starts on Friday night!!
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Denver Broncos