The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #3201
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
Looks like they're both wearing the Bauer Vapor XX skates... you'd think they'd update to the Nike Bauer Supreme One-90s....

I've always wondered why those skates have been so popular. I owned a pair of Bauer Supreme 4000s back in Colorado. They were decent, but the Nike's I have now just blow those ones away.

I really like Jim Dowd. I think he really is doing good things for this team. The guy played a very solid game today. Very solid series actually.

If they like them then why change.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #3202
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
The Canes are now a win away from round 2.
The barry melrose whammy jam has yet to take hold.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:05 PM   #3203
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

While we're on the subject, what is the Jason Allison curve?

Getting a new stick... and I dont know what Allisons curve is, but his stick is a really good deal. I'm used to the Jagr model.... how does it compare?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #3204
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

A slight heel slant with a gentle curve
Old 04-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #3205
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

So not too different from the Jagr model.... I've always thought my curve was too inverted anyway.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:17 PM   #3206
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

That said, who do you think the Av's will play next round?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #3207
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Man, you should hear all the crying on the news down here.

Oh, the poor Stars, how could they be so good all season and go out in the first round? Booo fricken hoo.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #3208
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
That said, who do you think the Av's will play next round?
After San Jose finished off Nashville tonight, it's between them, Detroit and the Ducks.

If Detroit comes back to beat Edmoton, the Avs face the Wings. If Edmonton beats Detroit and Calgary beats Anaheim, the Avs face San Jose. If Edmonton beats Detroit and Anaheim beats Calgary, the Avs face the Ducks.

San Jose scares the crap out of me and I'm not talking about Thornton, Bernier and Cheechoo are beasts. Toskala is another stud out of the San Jose goaltending factory (wanna bet Nabokov is in another uniform next year....hello Tampa Bay!). San Jose's speed is killer. I think the only weakness is that there is some inexperience on their blueline. For the Avs to matchup...Tanguay needs to get his head out of his arse...the Avs need some production from the second line because you know teams will focus on the *new* JAM line (Joe/ Andrew/ Milan).

Best matchup for Colorado....the Ducks. I have a lot of respect for Anaheim, but nothing would be better then sticking it to that POS Dr. Brian Burke.

Worst matchup? Detroit. No need to explain further.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:36 PM   #3209
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Well I think Detroit will lose.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #3210
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
After San Jose finished off Nashville tonight, it's between them, Detroit and the Ducks.

If Detroit comes back to beat Edmoton, the Avs face the Wings. If Edmonton beats Detroit and Calgary beats Anaheim, the Avs face San Jose. If Edmonton beats Detroit and Anaheim beats Calgary, the Avs face the Ducks.

San Jose scares the crap out of me and I'm not talking about Thornton, Bernier and Cheechoo are beasts. Toskala is another stud out of the San Jose goaltending factory (wanna bet Nabokov is in another uniform next year....hello Tampa Bay!). San Jose's speed is killer. I think the only weakness is that there is some inexperience on their blueline. For the Avs to matchup...Tanguay needs to get his head out of his arse...the Avs need some production from the second line because you know teams will focus on the *new* JAM line (Joe/ Andrew/ Milan).

Best matchup for Colorado....the Ducks. I have a lot of respect for Anaheim, but nothing would be better then sticking it to that POS Dr. Brian Burke.

Worst matchup? Detroit. No need to explain further.

Ya watched SJ tonight boy they look solid.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #3211
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades
Man, you should hear all the crying on the news down here.

Oh, the poor Stars, how could they be so good all season and go out in the first round? Booo fricken hoo.

Just wait till the wingies go down.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:13 PM   #3212
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

I just got home from a great day of watching the Avs win yet another OT game and then enjoying this beautiful Spring weather. Is there anything more exciting in sports than seeing your team win an overtime game in the Stanley Cup Playoffs? I'd say there isn't anything better aside from winning a championship, and we got to witness three OT wins in the last seven days. Awesome, just awesome.

At the start of the regular season I was just hoping to keep our playoff streak alive and maybe win a series. Now that that's been accomplished everything else is gravy. If the Wings lose tomorrow night it will be an even better season, particularly with the Canucks choking so bad to miss the playoffs and Crawford getting the boot (and Bertuzzi being a jinx to Team Canada and Vancouver).

At the trade deadline we had a lot of Avalanche fans throwing in the towel when Lacroix swapped Aebi for Theo and only added Jim Dowd to the forward corps. Well, Dowd was great in this series on the penalty kill and scored an important goal today in the second period to get us on the board and stop Dallas‘s domination up to that point. Theo hasn’t lit the world on fire since coming back from injury but he's been good enough to win. His play since the second period of game 4 has been very encouraging. I'm glad we have him rather than Aebischer; Jose has a much higher ceiling (and salary, regrettably).

I've written a lot of positive things about Brett Clark this year and then he goes out and throws a devastating, clean check on Mike Modano. That sure came out of nowhere from the usually non-physical Clark. He's been a revelation all year and almost scored another short hander with 6 minutes to go in the third period. All this production for Frederick Cassivi.

Tanguay's been rightly criticized for his play all series, but I thought Ian Laperriere was just as bad. Lappy was an awesome addition for us in the regular season so I'm sure he can turn it around, just like Tangs can. What I find odd is that Lappy has not spent even one second killing penalties this series after being one of our two best PK guys all year along with Antii Laaksonen. Milan Hejduk and Brad Richardson are getting his minutes on the penalty kill. I really have no answer for why that is.

Finally, I have to give credit to chadta for calling me out on my playoff picks. He was right that I'm a homer; I picked the Avs to win in 6 and they obviously won in 5. I admit I was wrong, chadta.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #3213
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
I just got home from a great day of watching the Avs win yet another OT game and then enjoying this beautiful Spring weather. Is there anything more exciting in sports than seeing your team win an overtime game in the Stanley Cup Playoffs? I'd say there isn't anything better aside from winning a championship, and we got to witness three OT wins in the last seven days. Awesome, just awesome.

At the start of the regular season I was just hoping to keep our playoff streak alive and maybe win a series. Now that that's been accomplished everything else is gravy. If the Wings lose tomorrow night it will be an even better season, particularly with the Canucks choking so bad to miss the playoffs and Crawford getting the boot (and Bertuzzi being a jinx to Team Canada and Vancouver).

At the trade deadline we had a lot of Avalanche fans throwing in the towel when Lacroix swapped Aebi for Theo and only added Jim Dowd to the forward corps. Well, Dowd was great in this series on the penalty kill and scored an important goal today in the second period to get us on the board and stop Dallas‘s domination up to that point. Theo hasn’t lit the world on fire since coming back from injury but he's been good enough to win. His play since the second period of game 4 has been very encouraging. I'm glad we have him rather than Aebischer; Jose has a much higher ceiling (and salary, regrettably).

I've written a lot of positive things about Brett Clark this year and then he goes out and throws a devastating, clean check on Mike Modano. That sure came out of nowhere from the usually non-physical Clark. He's been a revelation all year and almost scored another short hander with 6 minutes to go in the third period. All this production for Frederick Cassivi.

Tanguay's been rightly criticized for his play all series, but I thought Ian Laperriere was just as bad. Lappy was an awesome addition for us in the regular season so I'm sure he can turn it around, just like Tangs can. What I find odd is that Lappy has not spent even one second killing penalties this series after being one of our two best PK guys all year along with Antii Laaksonen. Milan Hejduk and Brad Richardson are getting his minutes on the penalty kill. I really have no answer for why that is.

Finally, I have to give credit to chadta for calling me out on my playoff picks. He was right that I'm a homer; I picked the Avs to win in 6 and they obviously won in 5. I admit I was wrong, chadta.

I was amazed Modano came back, he thought he was batman there for awhile, as far a clark is concerned he has filled in amazingly and is playing 30 mins a game so i guess you can say Q is happy with his play. The mighty jim dowd what else can one say about the guy and again PL comes out smelling like a rose with another killer FA pick up.

Last edited by Bronx33; 04-30-2006 at 10:21 PM..
Old 05-01-2006, 01:21 AM   #3214
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Oh, the poor Stars, how could they be so good all season and go out in the first round?
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:35 AM   #3215
Jori
US Olympian

I have to think Lappy is hurt...it doesn't make sense why he isn't killing penalties.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #3216
hades

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Oh man, the papers, news, everyone is dogging the Stars, it's great! Got this from the Dallas Morning News, I was LMAO when I read it, Peyton Syndrome!

FIVE DECISIONS
Here are issues the Stars will have to address after their first-round playoff exit:

Dave Tippett: He's won all three seasons but has delivered just one playoff series win. He got an endorsement from captain Mike Modano and has a contract that runs through 2008.

Marty Turco: He's developing Peyton Manning Syndrome as a great regular-season performer who underachieves in the playoffs. He's signed for four years on a hefty contract, but several teams with goaltending problems might be interested.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #3217
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Oh man, the papers, news, everyone is dogging the Stars, it's great! Got this from the Dallas Morning News, I was LMAO when I read it, Peyton Syndrome!

FIVE DECISIONS
Here are issues the Stars will have to address after their first-round playoff exit:

Dave Tippett: He's won all three seasons but has delivered just one playoff series win. He got an endorsement from captain Mike Modano and has a contract that runs through 2008.

Marty Turco: He's developing Peyton Manning Syndrome as a great regular-season performer who underachieves in the playoffs. He's signed for four years on a hefty contract, but several teams with goaltending problems might be interested.

I find it funny the press doesn't call out the defense but only turco or jason arnott whom had zero points in this series or the offense not being able to score in OT.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #3218
anthonypacino
off season mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I find it funny the press doesn't call out the defense but only turco or jason arnott whom had zero points in this series or the offense not being able to score in OT.
I am in Charlotte right now and watched the last two games at a sports bar, I haven't seen one Hurricane fan since I've been here.
Back to the point, you are right Turco didn't play like Brouder but it was a weak effort all around, I really missed spitting beer everytime they focused on a shot of the Stars bench this year since Captain Kangaroo is gone.
GO AVALANCHE!!
anthonypacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #3219
hades

Quote:

It's Turco's fault the offense didn't score, he needs to keep the puck outa his net so they have more chances!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #3220
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Where is philly?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #3221
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Hopefully folks are noticing possession hockey, pretty passes and fancy play is not winning games, heart and hard work win games being outshot and outplayed means nothing, what's on the scoreboard is what counts meat and potato plays crashing the net and chip in the garbage..

Go avs!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #3222
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What happened to the media's trumpeting of ZUBOV! ZUBOV! ZUBOV!!!

Seems to have been slightly overshadowed by that blake blake blake.

It's good to get past one series. Especially since no one gave the Avs a shot. (Little pun there, Ha.)
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #3223
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici

It's good to get past one series. Especially since no one gave the Avs a shot. (Little pun there, Ha.)

I really didn't want to sweep (too much rest could be a bad thing) but i do want the other teams to beat the crap out of eachother before we have to play them.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #3224
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
the two talking heads in the booth yesterday were homerific...they were almost as sickening to listen too as reading a orange 4 life post about Jake Plummer

Last edited by bronco militia; 05-01-2006 at 01:57 PM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #3225
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:

Tred, even as much as I've dogged Blake for his mediocre regular season, I have to give props to him for coming alive and playing his best hockey of the year during the Dallas series. He showed flashes of why he can be such a fantastic defensemen and I hope it carries to the second round.

I still am hoping for a Ducks miracle so that we dont have to face San Jose. I'm sooo not wanting to face San Jose in that second round. Then again, I still think Detroit is probably going to find a way to push their series to 7 games and make this speculation fodder.