The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2006, 10:53 PM   #3151
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I have a feeling MT is not wearing her lucky jersey......
Do I look guilty? Were you wearin' yours, Bronx?

K, I admit....it was hanging in the closet.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:55 PM   #3152
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I certainly hope that this doesn't let those damn Stars think they have a shot now. I agree with the rest of you guys, highly disappointing....although as CO pointed out, not too surprising.

I don't think I cared for Q switching up lines.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:56 PM   #3153
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Now 1-6 in their last 7 games in which they can eliminate an opponent.

Same old story.
The thing that really irked me tonight was the lack of production on the boards. We also gotta start winning some more faceoffs as we're just getting crushed off the drop. Sigh... I was looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend and hoping to have this series wrapped up before the draft...
Old 04-28-2006, 10:58 PM   #3154
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Do I look guilty? Were you wearin' yours, Bronx?

K, I admit....it was hanging in the closet.

I KNEW IT!!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:58 PM   #3155
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
The thing that really irked me tonight was the lack of production on the boards. We also gotta start winning some more faceoffs as we're just getting crushed off the drop. Sigh... I was looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend and hoping to have this series wrapped up before the draft...
The thing that really bothered me tonight was the Avs getting away from what had worked for them in the first three games. In games 1-3, they constantly threw the puck towards the net with people in front, tonight they seemed as though they were trying to make too many pretty plays and too many extra passes.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:00 PM   #3156
12th man
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
To quote RhymesDU..

The Avs tonight were as the French put it "Le Suck"
yeah they did. but turrco played a great game. we couldn't score anthing, and couln't score on any of our Power plays, and we looked real sloppy tonight. oh well, the Stars are still screwd. the AVS will still win the series. Im not worried. the stars had one good game when their backs where up against the wall and a game where we could let up. so what. the avs will win the next seris. dallas is screwed.
12th man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:39 PM   #3157
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Obviously the AVS let a golden opportunity slip away tonight, but I don't think they sucked. They generated quite a few great scoring chances...they missed an open net on a couple...and had some pucks bounce over their sticks on others. It happens. The AVS played their worst game of the series, and the stars played their best.

I thought Tay-o-door had his best game of the series. He looked pretty strong in the crease to me. The goal he gave up to Lehtinen was pathetic, and I thought he could have stopped Hagman on his breakway, but overall he seemed a lot sharper in his nets. Saying that...I think that the next time he ventures out of the crease to play a puck he should immediately be deported. He is flat out terrible when he plays the puck. At one point tonight according to a graphic on OLN...he'd played the puck 23 times and turned it over eight.

Also...the stars were a completely different team on the PK. They were active, and the AVS didn't adjust...they were slow with the puck...and Turco made them pay.

The AVS took the stars' best shot tonight, and lost...but they're certainly not outclassed...not in this series anyway. The good guys are still in control, and while they've given the stars life...it's only temporary. It'll go six games at the most...
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #3158
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

If you would have told me two weeks ago that we'd be up 3 games to 1 in our first round series I would have taken it. Now I don't feel too confident about winning that final game.

This franchise has been great for a decade now. They've given this community so many good memories. We've seen tons and tons of excellent players wearing an Avalanche sweater over the years. But the one thing this franchise hasn't done well, at least since 1998, is put teams away when they have the chance. Only the '99-'00 team showed killer instict between the '98 choke against Edmonton and today. Things are going to get real interesting (and scary) if we don't win in Dallas on Sunday.

The big guns need to step it up again. Only Rob Blake played well tonight out of our experienced players. Alex Tanguay is frustrating the **** out of me. He hasn't done much in the playoffs since his great performance in the 2001 playoffs (and I suppose his game 7 heroics against New Jersey gives him immunity from my full wrath). Even Alex's two goals in game 3 did not go in the net off his own stick.

Joe Sakic also played one of his poorest playoff games since the 2000 Western Conference Finals. I'm not worried one bit about him picking up his game again on Sunday.

Jose Theodore changed the complex of the game by letting in a weak goal to Lehitnen. I think if the Avalanche could have built a 2-0 lead the Stars would have folded. Instead Theo gave them life and the Avs never really recovered. He did look better in the second and third, but the damage was done.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:47 AM   #3159
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

Aright Flyers!!! Esche is playing really well right now. Forsberg is a beast, and we're starting to get the second tier scoring we need. The D is stepping up as well.
dbroncos31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:06 AM   #3160
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I find it offensive that I heard the Flyers fans referred to as the Orange Crush tonight. There's only one of those.

Get your own cool nickname!
Old 04-29-2006, 01:16 AM   #3161
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Breck...you predicted the series would end in six, and I think it still will (If not in 5).

The AVS weren't pathetic tonight...they just lost to a desperate stars team.

Your boy Tay-o-door played stronger tonight. He gave up a weak ass goal, but it's only what his...9th or tenth game with the team? He just needs some time to adjust...WE MUST GIVE HIM TIME!!!

The AVS had the goals necessary to win on their sticks...they just didn't bury them. They didn't get mauled. If Tay-o-door stops the first two goals like he should have...we're looking at a 1-1 game...and that's with the boys blowing several scoring chances.

They'll rally, and win the series.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:34 AM   #3162
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Breck...you predicted the series would end in six, and I think it still will (If not in 5).

The AVS weren't pathetic tonight...they just lost to a desperate stars team.

Your boy Tay-o-door played stronger tonight. He gave up a weak ass goal, but it's only what his...9th or tenth game with the team? He just needs some time to adjust...WE MUST GIVE HIM TIME!!!

The AVS had the goals necessary to win on their sticks...they just didn't bury them. They didn't get mauled. If Tay-o-door stops the first two goals like he should have...we're looking at a 1-1 game...and that's with the boys blowing several scoring chances.

They'll rally, and win the series.
I just get tired of seeing this team blow opportunities to finish teams at home.

We didn't get any bounces, that's for sure.

Theo isn't my boy (Budaj is). I hope Billington can help him with his glove-hand problems. He looks fine down low, which is a good sign.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:47 AM   #3163
dbroncos31
Ring of Famer

RIP D-Will

Yeah I know, but it's cool that one of my favorite teams stole my other favorite team's slogan. It's not really stelaing to me, because I love both teams. I just need the University of Miami to start calling their fans the Orange Crush and I'm set.
dbroncos31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #3164
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
I find it offensive that I heard the Flyers fans referred to as the Orange Crush tonight. There's only one of those.

Get your own cool nickname!

That's only been going on for the past 3 playoff seasons and you just caught on tonight? You're one of those real bright rednecks aint ya?
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #3165
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Jay Cutler just scored for the Oilers, giving Edmonton a 2-0 lead halfway through the game. Jay Cutler hasn't looked good in nets for Detroit.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:43 PM   #3166
Tredici
Ring of Famer

How about the Stars spending Thursday in the mountains? Then again, don't those turds practice in Vail? I say if you want to skate around in the Rockies put on a burgandy sweater with swooshes.

How 'bout them Oilers?
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:45 PM   #3167
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Whew, that was an interesting finish for Detroit. One more til my master plan is launched! Go Oilers!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 04:55 PM   #3168
Tredici
Ring of Famer

This from "hockey town"??!!

One of the loudest cheers came in the second period when the Tigers' 18-1 victory over Minnesota was shown on the video board and announced to the crowd.

Now that's funny right there.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:26 PM   #3169
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

1 down, 3 to go.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #3170
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Jay Cutler just scored for the Oilers, giving Edmonton a 2-0 lead halfway through the game. Jay Cutler hasn't looked good in nets for Detroit.

What am I missin here?

Legace is stinkin 'er up.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #3171
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Way to go, Ducks. Down 3-0. That is precisely why I want Calgary gone. They are almost invincible at home.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:47 PM   #3172
Tredici
Ring of Famer

The MIGHTY Jim Dowd...

5 on 3

LET'S GO!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:50 PM   #3173
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker