The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2006, 10:11 PM   #3076
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Wings go ahead 4-2

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #3077
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Wings go ahead 4-2
Sweet!! Zetterberg with a huge goal.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #3078
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Why does it feel dirty in here?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #3079
Jori
US Olympian

4-2 Sharks after two, Matt Carle with two assists.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:20 PM   #3080
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Game Over

Huge win for the Wings.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #3081
Jori
US Olympian

That was a big win for Detroit, considering the absence of Yzerman.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:34 PM   #3082
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
Game Over

Huge win for the Wings.

Bleck...
Old 04-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #3083
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
That was a big win for Detroit, considering the absence of Yzerman.
If they went down 3 games to 1, they would have been in big trouble.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #3084
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Not a good night for the officials in Edmonton. It's starting to look like the preseason in some of these playoff games. The circumstances that led to Detroit's third and game winning goal tonight were laughable.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #3085
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Not a good night for the officials in Edmonton. It's starting to look like the preseason in some of these playoff games. The circumstances that led to Detroit's third and game winning goal tonight were laughable.
The Oilers got the benefit of some crappy calls as well.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:27 PM   #3086
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
If they went down 3 games to 1, they would have been in big trouble.
The team that scores the most goals wins.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:01 AM   #3087
ClevelandBronco

Looks like Avs fans can start thinking about a series with the Wings. To tell the truth, I'd rather do it that way than the way we'd have to do it if EDM won the series with DET. If that were to happen, we'd get (probably) the Sharks (maybe the Preds if we got really lucky), then (may the hockey gods be willing and may we prove to be worthy) the Flames after they put away the Oil.

At any rate, it's the Wings or the Flames up next (may the hockey gods be willing and may we prove to be worthy). I'd rather have the Wings now, and then deal with the winner of the Flames/Sharks (or Preds) series than I'd like to deal with the Flames in round 2, then almost inevitably face the Sharks in the WCS, once they take the Oil down.

Weirdest case scenario is still very much alive, though. Round 1: Avs over Stars, Oil over Wings, Sharks or Preds (wouldn't matter to the Avs in this scenario) and Flames over Ducks.

2nd round: Colorado over the San Jose/Nashville survivor and Edmonton over Calgary (or even an unlikely Anaheim. It wouldn't matter).

Western finals: No.7 Colorado vs. No. 8 Edmonton.

It'd take a lot of bouncing pucks to make it happen, but it's not an unrealistic possibility.

Problem is, if that pipe dream somehow becomes a reality, Stanley almost certainly goes East. (Unless, of course, the hockey gods are willing and we prove to be worthy.)
ClevelandBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:05 AM   #3088
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco
Looks like Avs fans can start thinking about a series with the Wings. To tell the truth, I'd rather do it that way than the way we'd have to do it if EDM won the series with DET. If that were to happen, we'd get (probably) the Sharks (maybe the Preds if we got really lucky), then (may the hockey gods be willing and may we prove to be worthy) the Flames after they put away the Oil.

At any rate, it's the Wings or the Flames up next (may the hockey gods be willing and may we prove to be worthy). I'd rather have the Wings now, and then deal with the winner of the Flames/Sharks (or Preds) series than I'd like to deal with the Flames in round 2, then almost inevitably face the Sharks in the WCS, once they take the Oil down.

Weirdest case scenario is still very much alive, though. Round 1: Avs over Stars, Oil over Wings, Sharks or Preds (wouldn't matter to the Avs in this scenario) and Flames over Ducks.

2nd round: Colorado over the San Jose/Nashville survivor and Edmonton over Calgary (or even an unlikely Anaheim. It wouldn't matter).

Western finals: No.7 Colorado vs. No. 8 Edmonton.

It'd take a lot of bouncing pucks to make it happen, but it's not an unrealistic possibility.

Problem is, if that pipe dream somehow becomes a reality, Stanley almost certainly goes East. (Unless, of course, the hockey gods are willing and we prove to be worthy.)
The Avs can't play Calgary in round 2. If Detroit beats Edmonton, the Avs are the lowest remaining seed and have to play the highest remaining seed (Detroit). If Edmonton beats Detroit, both the #1 & #2 seeds will be eliminated, leaving Calgary as the highest seed left and Edmonton as the lowest. Under that scenario, the Avs would play the winner of the Sharks/Preds series.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:29 AM   #3089
ClevelandBronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
The Avs can't play Calgary in round 2. If Detroit beats Edmonton, the Avs are the lowest remaining seed and have to play the highest remaining seed (Detroit). If Edmonton beats Detroit, both the #1 & #2 seeds will be eliminated, leaving Calgary as the highest seed left and Edmonton as the lowest. Under that scenario, the Avs would play the winner of the Sharks/Preds series.
You're absolutely correct. The Avs (#7) would be up against the Preds/Sharks survivor (#4 or #5) and EDM (#8) would take on CAL (#3).

That still leaves the weirdest case scenario alive: EDM d. CAL and COL d. SJS or NAS, leaving #7 against #8.

(Thanks, Clockwork. I read my post twice and still missed my miscalculation of the pairings.)
ClevelandBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:49 AM   #3090
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Spezza to Havlat to Heatley; what a pretty goal. Spezza and Havlat are going off so far these playoffs.

I hate to say it, but Denver-boy John Grahame is not a very good goalie.
You may hate to say it but apparently his Coach doesn't - on National TV.

Guess if he didn't think Grahame could hold them in he might've done something about it in trade - like the Oilers did. It doesn't matter who the player is for a coach to humiliate them in public makes me wince. Everything about that press conference made it clear Tortorella thinks his team is done.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #3091
Jori
US Olympian

Grahame has never been a number one goaltender. I understand not wanting to pay Khabibulin the cash, but doesn't management deserve some of the blame for relying on two backup goaltenders (at this point in his career, Burke is a backup)? Luckily for Grahame, he's a UFA, he'll be somewhere else next year...that's for sure.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:54 AM   #3092
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

What a bunch of MORONS. I've seen primadonnas before, but these "wingie" fans take the cake. Not surprising, everytime I watch a hockey game, and Maltby and his bunch are out there with "s**t eating" grins on their faces, or the "you can't be serious trying to beat us" look on their faces, I just want to take a slap shot on their noggins. The ONLY two I really like are Stevie Y, and Shanahan. They actually appear down to earth for the most part......On that note, I am the self proclaimed "anti-christ" of all red wing fans. I truley despise them, however, I do respect their hockey talent. Keep in mind, the Oiler / WINGIE series is tied. Anything can happen in two or three games. Love to see the oilers send them home packing. Maltby and Draper crying in their beers..!!!!!!! Dman
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:15 PM   #3093
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Cruise control. Too bad, I thought we were going to sweep them. 5 games isn't too bad.

Funny how Tortorella says that Emery is our weak point . . His backup goalies seem to be doing well.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:22 PM   #3094
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by defenseman
What a bunch of MORONS. I've seen primadonnas before, but these "wingie" fans take the cake. Not surprising, everytime I watch a hockey game, and Maltby and his bunch are out there with "s**t eating" grins on their faces, or the "you can't be serious trying to beat us" look on their faces, I just want to take a slap shot on their noggins. The ONLY two I really like are Stevie Y, and Shanahan. They actually appear down to earth for the most part......On that note, I am the self proclaimed "anti-christ" of all red wing fans. I truley despise them, however, I do respect their hockey talent. Keep in mind, the Oiler / WINGIE series is tied. Anything can happen in two or three games. Love to see the oilers send them home packing. Maltby and Draper crying in their beers..!!!!!!! Dman
I will give you a run for you money in the wing hatin dept.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #3095
anthonypacino
off season mode

I am very happy that the Avs showed up and suprised me. I think Edmonton has a good shot at taking down the Wings, we actually might have a chance at this.
anthonypacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #3096
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I will give you a run for you money in the wing hatin dept.
that's too bad cuz we LOVE you...
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #3097
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06116/685117-61.stm

Three possible GM candidates surface as Penguins start hunt
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #3098
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06116/685117-61.stm

Three possible GM candidates surface as Penguins start hunt
I understand Cuban is interested in the Guins as well as the Pirates.

For as much as a flake he is, it would be nice to have a guy with some jack step in and take control of those teams......for a change.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #3099
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11
I understand Cuban is interested in the Guins as well as the Pirates.

For as much as a flake he is, it would be nice to have a guy with some jack step in and take control of those teams......for a change.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06115/684858-61.stm

Cuban also has eye on Penguins
Tuesday, April 25, 2006

By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Although there is no indication Dallas billionaire Mark Cuban will be buying his hometown Pirates anytime soon, he could be coming to a new arena near you as a limited partner in the Penguins' new ownership group.

"I have told several people who have contacted me that, although I wouldn't be the lead, or largest investor, I would kick in some money if it would help," Cuban wrote in an e-mail interview.

___

damn straight hogan, i don't have a problem with cuban, he's a bit nuts but he likes to win.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:48 PM   #3100
Tredici
Ring of Famer

It's fun to have a rivalry. And I look at it this way. Part of the whole reason Bettman had to break up the NHL was because of the whining of the have nots. The whole idea to break up "elite" clubs like Colorado and Detroit and spread the talent around the league was supposed to be some kind of magic fix.

Umm.. okay. Been there. Done that. Ex Avies and Wingies in all kinds of new unis.

But who is that in the SC Playoffs? Yup. Colorado and Detroit. And if we actually see those two teams meet up? Goes to show you just can't knock down terrific organizations. So all the whiners sick of "seeing Redwings and Avs" can continue to be sick of it.

Long live the greatest feud on ice!

Last edited by Tredici; 04-28-2006 at 02:50 PM..
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote