The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2005, 08:01 AM   #276
Disco Man
Style n Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
Remind me to put you in a headlock sunday...
.are you sure you want to **** with a Hanson??
Disco Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #277
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Nice job by your Pens last night SoCal and Josh.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:45 AM   #278
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Man
With enough beer in me............yes.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:48 AM   #279
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
Nice job by your Pens last night SoCal and Josh.

Hey we win every other game or so -

Besides, the battle of PA is always fun - it's a shame that between the AHL teams there isn't a better rivalry - I remember back when the bears where the flyers baby team, and then the avs, now they are the caps -
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:52 PM   #280
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Now being a pens fan - i'm going to give this vote:

Alexander Ovechkin is the Calder winner this year - he's more valuable to WSH at this point than to the pens - stats might be close to a 'push' - and as much as i love crosby (I think ovechkin is a better goal scorer, i think crosby is a great playmaker) - but i think ovechkin is it this year.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:38 PM   #281
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Mark it on your calendar, Tuesday night at the Igloo. Caps vs Pens, Crosby & Ovechkin go head to head.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:39 PM   #282
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Svatos is gettin no love?! Bummer, too bad he couldn't have broken in as a rook like he was supposed to be able to last year. Might have had a better shot.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #283
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I was kind of mad that the bears were able to keep svatos and send the rest of the bears packing
Old 11-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #284
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Mark it on your calendar, Tuesday night at the Igloo. Caps vs Pens, Crosby & Ovechkin go head to head.

this should be good -

for the guy who was #2 behind ovechkin:

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...rts/1462.0.php

Pittsburgh Penguins fans hope to see Evgeni Malkin play in the Steel City next year.

Well, in this Steel City anyway.

Malkin, the Penguins’ 2004 first-round pick (No. 2 overall), is tearing up the Russian Super League for Metallurg Magnitogorsk. The 19-year-old center was named the league’s Player of the Month for October. He had 22 points (10+12) in his first 22 games, which ranked second in the league. However, his 10 goals were tops in the league.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:56 PM   #285
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Nice to see the Caps come back from a 6-1 deficit to make it 6-4 at the end of 2. Even better was killing off a 7 minute penalty, and actually getting a shorty on it too. Ovy is 1 and 1 so far. Even if they lose, not giving up when down by 5 shows a lot.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:09 PM   #286
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

1 goal, 1 assist for Ovechkin thus far.

What's going on with Chris Drury? His team has six goals tonight and he not only doesn't have so much as a single point, but he's a -1 in the game.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:21 PM   #287
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
Now being a pens fan - i'm going to give this vote:

Alexander Ovechkin is the Calder winner this year - he's more valuable to WSH at this point than to the pens - stats might be close to a 'push' - and as much as i love crosby (I think ovechkin is a better goal scorer, i think crosby is a great playmaker) - but i think ovechkin is it this year.
I dont think either of them have clearly seperated themselves from the other. AO has more goals and is certainly a better pure scorer but as you said Crosby is a better playmaker, has superior vision and has more total points. Even his goal scoring has really begun to take off. He had 2 in the first 14 games or so, the last 7, 8 games he has scored 7 goals. Right now, its basically a draw, very small advantage in my admittedly homer opinion to Crosby since he is younger and has a few more points. Still more or less a wash though. AO is an excellent player and will probably score 60 goals this season. If it keeps up this way, I dont think anyone can complain either way it turns out. I wouldnt complain if AO wins it if it ends up being a relative wash like it is now, He is also deserving, but I think Crosby is a little better. He was amazing last night. If Christensen and Palffy sealed the deal on a couple of those pretty passes, Crosby would have had 5 points. As it was he had 3 against a great team. This will be a great competition all year long.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:33 PM   #288
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
What's going on with Chris Drury? His team has six goals tonight and he not only doesn't have so much as a single point, but he's a -1 in the game.
Because Brent Johnson has made the Sabres 4th line look like the Sens 1st line.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:21 AM   #289
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
I dont think either of them have clearly seperated themselves from the other. AO has more goals and is certainly a better pure scorer but as you said Crosby is a better playmaker, has superior vision and has more total points. Even his goal scoring has really begun to take off. He had 2 in the first 14 games or so, the last 7, 8 games he has scored 7 goals. Right now, its basically a draw, very small advantage in my admittedly homer opinion to Crosby since he is younger and has a few more points. Still more or less a wash though. AO is an excellent player and will probably score 60 goals this season. If it keeps up this way, I dont think anyone can complain either way it turns out. I wouldnt complain if AO wins it if it ends up being a relative wash like it is now, He is also deserving, but I think Crosby is a little better. He was amazing last night. If Christensen and Palffy sealed the deal on a couple of those pretty passes, Crosby would have had 5 points. As it was he had 3 against a great team. This will be a great competition all year long.
Well i see ryan malone came out strong after being scratched. I really like that kid. IMO - i think he has 'hero' written all over him. Last 'year' when the pens played, he had a TON of big game goals. He's also a native PITT guy as well.

I think Ovechkin is more electryfying to watch in terms of his goal scoring. I'd put him up there with Illya Kovolchuk in terms of pure goal scoring ability. And i mean that in terms that i think Ovechkin is where Kovolchuk is at now.

I love crosby, and having seen what ovechkin can do, makes me full of anticipation for Malkin!
Old 11-19-2005, 09:45 AM   #290
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Not only is Ovechkin a goal scorer, he's a fighter. I thought it was cool to see him defend his goalie.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:19 AM   #291
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Not only is Ovechkin a goal scorer, he's a fighter. I thought it was cool to see him defend his goalie.
Yep, but ill bet the coach said that's great vech! just don't do it again!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:34 AM   #292
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I would imagine so, but man that was cool of him.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:20 AM   #293
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Flyers improve to 10-1-1 on the road this year with a 6-3 thrashing of the lowly Pens.
Gagne adds his league leading 19th and 20th goals last night.

As far as Crosby goes, no doubt the kid has skills. That said, he better learn to respect the game a little more before every player in the league starts to disrespect him. No player likes a diver. Crosby is a bonified diver. Not only that, when he gets called on it by Forsberg, he sprints over to Forsberg and starts yelling "F" this and "F" that at Peter.
I know Eddie Olchyk had a meeting with him about his mouth and the disrespect he is showing to both the Refs and opposing players but it obviously isn't working. Super Mario better do a better job of reigning the kid in or he will quickly become a player with alot of skill but zero respect from his peers.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:48 AM   #294
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
Flyers improve to 10-1-1 on the road this year with a 6-3 thrashing of the lowly Pens.
Gagne adds his league leading 19th and 20th goals last night.

As far as Crosby goes, no doubt the kid has skills. That said, he better learn to respect the game a little more before every player in the league starts to disrespect him. No player likes a diver. Crosby is a bonified diver. Not only that, when he gets called on it by Forsberg, he sprints over to Forsberg and starts yelling "F" this and "F" that at Peter.
I know Eddie Olchyk had a meeting with him about his mouth and the disrespect he is showing to both the Refs and opposing players but it obviously isn't working. Super Mario better do a better job of reigning the kid in or he will quickly become a player with alot of skill but zero respect from his peers.
I'm just glad they actually held a lead and finished for a change.....honestly, I'm tired of seeing teams come back against the Broncos and then when I get the Flyers on the screen here, they're doing the exact same thing, it pisses me off.

As for Crosby, I couldn't agree more Philly.....that was some display by him, not exactly what the NHL wants with it's newest marketing tool I suspect.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #295
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

No one likes a diver....Sean Avery.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:33 AM   #296
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

well i didn't see the game - i was in mass this weekend - but i'll take the kids word from what i've read.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:11 AM   #297
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Man
Is that Hanson or Heenan your talking about. Put on your Jean Believeu jersey and go Canadians.
ol number 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:12 AM   #298
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol number 7
Is that Hanson or Heenan your talking about. Put on your Jean Believeu jersey and go Canadians.
Hey Disco, remember watching the Canadiens outdoor game like 2 years ago?
ol number 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:56 AM   #299
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2232154

Forsberg laughed about the exchange of words, saying, "It looked kind of suspicious to me. That's all I said."

However, he seemed to acknowledge the Flyers' talk about Crosby is all a ploy, saying, "I know I was [accused of it] in my first couple of years, too."
Old 11-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #300
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Ovechkin vs. Crosby Chapter 1

Pens lead 1-0 on a Palffy goal in the 1st.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote