The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2006, 12:14 AM   #2901
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Devastating loss for the Red Wings. They celebrated and thought they won it in the first overtime only to see that the puck went under the net and wouldn't count. Then they lose for real in the second overtime.

Roloson vs. Legace is the difference.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:15 AM   #2902
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

OLN sucks! right after the game they go right to a suck mark messiers ding ding (how i brought the cup to NY) instead of showing the players and the interviews.

L-A-M-E!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #2903
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Freaking sweet! Sorry SmilinAssassin27, that one has to sting a bit. But give credit to that scrappy Oilers club, they really have fought well in this series so far.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #2904
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Devastating loss for the Red Wings. They celebrated and thought they won it in the first overtime only to see that the puck went under the net and wouldn't count. Then they lose for real in the second overtime.

Roloson vs. Legace is the difference.

Rolo is killing the wings.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #2905
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
OLN sucks! right after the game they go right to a suck mark messiers ding ding (how i brought the cup to NY) instead of showing the players and the interviews.

L-A-M-E!
yeah WTF is that all about? Im telling you this is the worst playoff coverage Ive ever seen. After a great game like that you dont cut right to a BS Messier show.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #2906
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

I'm not happy OLN cut away so soon after the Edmonton goal, but at least they showed the entire game. With OLN you've got to accept all of their bad traits and try to enjoy the on-ice product.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:27 AM   #2907
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
yeah WTF is that all about? Im telling you this is the worst playoff coverage Ive ever seen. After a great game like that you dont cut right to a BS Messier show.
I emailed them..

http://www.olntv.com/article/view/74...erArticles.tpl
Old 04-26-2006, 12:29 AM   #2908
Pezman
Livin the dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
I'm not happy OLN cut away so soon after the Edmonton goal, but at least they showed the entire game. With OLN you've got to accept all of their bad traits and try to enjoy the on-ice product.
Like I said, I'm just happy we are seeing games at all. I'm sure their product will improve next year when they expand their coverage and the network grows. But for now, mediocre telecasts are to be expected. Lets hope we dont have to suffer these growing pains as viewers for much longer though.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:31 AM   #2909
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Haha b****es...I get Canadian TV!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:33 AM   #2910
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
Like I said, I'm just happy we are seeing games at all. I'm sure their product will improve next year when they expand their coverage and the network grows. But for now, mediocre telecasts are to be expected. Lets hope we dont have to suffer these growing pains as viewers for much longer though.
They should just simulcast all the CBC Hockey Night in Canada games like they've been doing with Calgary/Anaheim and Edmonton/Detroit. Now that's a hockey broadcast.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #2911
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Come on Wings, gotta win this game.

I absolutely hate to see 8s beat 1s (that I dont otherwise hate). Ive never been comfortable with the whole idea that you can make up for a crappy season in one series. If an 8 should be allowed to beat a 1 and basically overturn the entire regular season, there should be a heavy burden, i.e. all 7 games at the 1's home ice, and the 1 starts out with a 2 goal lead in each game. If the 8 seed can overcome all that too win the series than fine.
I dunno. There are so many other factors to consider. Especially in hockey where it can be just a matter of a few points separating the best from the worst. It's not like .500 teams regularly make the Stanley Cup playoffs which is why they are considered some of the best in sports.

No way around the fact Detroit gained a bunch of points playing against some real weak links in their division while the Oilers had to battle more quality opponents. So being number one isn't necessarily an indication of dominance or a gaurantee of a pass out of round one. Plus, with long seasons injuries can play a part in where a team finishes and getting healthy players back at the right time can salvage the season with a few playoff wins.

There can be all sorts of reasons for a "crappy season" I like that a team can have an opportunity to overcome that. Hey, if you are really the best? Take the shots and come out standing.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #2912
Tredici
Ring of Famer

More bad news for the Wings...

But then the Wings lost Yzerman, and then they lost the game, falling, 4-3, in the second overtime, and falling behind, 2-1, in their first-round, best-of-seven series. Yzerman injured himself two shifts into the first overtime; the Wings would only say it was an upper body injury, but as is often the case, the enemy camp said more.

"I heard it was his back," Oilers coach Craig MacTavish said, "but I haven't heard anything further."

The Wings thought they had the game with 5:29 left in the first overtime, when Jason Williams appeared to score from a hard angle. But the puck went in under the side of the net, disallowing it; officials responded by replacing the net. The Wings had already celebrated, and MacTavish was happy to see them have to put their arms back down.

"The thing that struck me almost instantly was the euphoria the Red Wings were going through," he said. "And it seemed to me a little uncharacteristically high for a team with that experience. (Manny) Legace did the jig out to the red line. It was like the weight of the world was off his shoulders. I'm sure it was a long skate back for him."

The Wings were mum on Yzerman's status. But their recent playoff history without him has not been pretty: The Wings were tied, 2-2, with Calgary in 2004 when Yzerman got hurt in Game 5; the Wings lost the series the next game. In 2001 against Los Angeles, the Wings didn't have Yzerman past the first game, and lost the series.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #2913
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

I ****ing loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:49 AM   #2914
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

looking bleak. we've got the most talented players in the world and not one heart between them. relying on a 40+ year old to carry a team is a bad way to fly.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #2915
Jori
US Olympian

Heart and soul players are what make the playoffs great and Yzerman is one of those guys. I hope he is able to return.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #2916
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

the wings look old and slow again...I thought this it what we would see in the regular season.

in addition, goaltending is letting the wings down again....the Wings have only led in the series twice and one of those was the OT winner in game 1.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #2917
Pezman
Livin the dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia
the wings look old and slow again...I thought this it what we would see in the regular season.

in addition, goaltending is letting the wings down again....the Wings have only led in the series twice and one of those was the OT winner in game 1.
Just thinking out loud here, but if both Dallas and Detroit fall in the first round, will both clubs be dismantled for next year?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #2918
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Just thinking out loud here, but if both Dallas and Detroit fall in the first round, will both clubs be dismantled for next year?
I would think it all depends on their cap situation....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #2919
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Oooo, bummer about Stevie.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:49 AM   #2920
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

That Bobby Clarke, what a piece of work he is.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163915&hubname=nhl

GM Clarke slams Leafs for Quinn firing

4/26/2006 7:09:37 AM

Philadelphia Flyers head coach Ken Hitchcock isn't the only one on his team who can go on an animated tirade.

The Flyers may be down 2-0 in their first-round playoff series with the Buffalo Sabres, but it hasn't stopped colourful general manager Bob Clarke from voicing his opinion on hockey matters, notably the state of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

In an interview Tuesday with the Toronto Sun, Clarke said he spoke to recently-fired Maple Leafs head coach Pat Quinn and did not hide his displeasure at the way the two-time Jack Adams Award winner was treated in his final days with the club.

"He got (expletive) in Toronto," Clarke told the Sun. "That was really wrong."

"He is a lot more classy than I am. His goalie (Ed Belfour) was hurt. His centre (Mats Sundin) was hurt. Even with that, his team just missed the playoffs."

Quinn, who coached Clarke for four NHL seasons in Philadelphia, had a winning record in each of his seven years behind the bench in Toronto and only missed the playoffs twice in his 19 years as a head coach.

"Look at the tradition he had built there, and this is how he gets treated?" Clarke told the Sun. "There has got to be some kind of loyalty out there.

"You look at what (expletive) happened there and you have to wonder: Who would want to work in Toronto? What's going to happen next year? Are they going to fire the new coach if he doesn't make the playoffs?

"What the (expletive) is going on in our business with all these coaches and GMs being fired? A lot of good teams didn't make the playoffs this year. And by next week, a lot more good teams will be out, too."

Clarke then compared Quinn's firing to putting the family pet down.

"It's like taking the dog down to the vet. (Say) goodbye," Clarke told the Sun.

"Listen, even if they thought Pat needed to change his coaching style or something, they could have offered to make him the team president or something. Look at his track record there. Look at the (expletive) success he had there."

Clarke also told the Sun he did not place the brunt of the blame on Maple Leafs general manager John Ferguson, all but indicating that he was pointing further up the front office ladder.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #2921
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I actually missed the end of the Oilers/Wings game because I flipped the channel after Detroit scored what appeared to be the winning goal. Oops.

So SoCal, do you think that #1 seeds should get a bye? If a #1 seed is legit, shouldn't they be able to handle a team that squeaked into the playoffs as a #8 seed? I'm just not following why you have a problem with this.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #2922
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

If the #1 seed is so great, they shouldn't have any problems with a #8 seed. We're not talking one game of luck here. You have to win 4.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #2923
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
If the #1 seed is so great, they shouldn't have any problems with a #8 seed. We're not talking one game of luck here. You have to win 4.

I always thought giving the One Seed the Eighth Seed was the greatest advantage to being the One Seed. But heck, if Number One playing Number Two makes more sense, then by all means...
Old 04-26-2006, 11:52 AM   #2924
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco
I ****ing loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!
Great stuff watching the Wings and Stars both looking like dog doo so far!
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #2925
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
I don't know if they'll be dismantled, but they will both probably try and fix their goaltending problems. Turco piles up the regular season wins and totally falls apart in the playoffs. Legace is as mediocre as it gets.