The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #2876
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
So Quinn to Vancouver and Craw to Toronto? He has to love a guy like Darcy Tucker.
Paul Maurice seems to be the leader in the club house for the Toronto job. TSN just mentioned Alain Vigneault as a possible candidate for Vancouver.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:44 PM   #2877
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

"I was a rock-solid defensive defenseman for the Avs who drew the opposing teams top line every game."

"I pinch."
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:22 PM   #2878
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Kicking ass is what we do.

REV UP THE RED BABY
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #2879
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

You'd think that Chris Dingman, being a veteran and a member of two Stanley Cup winning teams, would be smart enough to avoid getting suckered into handing the opposition a 7 minute power play. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:38 PM   #2880
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Come on Wings, gotta win this game.

I absolutely hate to see 8s beat 1s (that I dont otherwise hate). Ive never been comfortable with the whole idea that you can make up for a crappy season in one series. If an 8 should be allowed to beat a 1 and basically overturn the entire regular season, there should be a heavy burden, i.e. all 7 games at the 1's home ice, and the 1 starts out with a 2 goal lead in each game. If the 8 seed can overcome all that too win the series than fine.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:42 PM   #2881
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco
Come on Wings, gotta win this game.

I absolutely hate to see 8s beat 1s (that I dont otherwise hate). Ive never been comfortable with the whole idea that you can make up for a crappy season in one series. If an 8 should be allowed to beat a 1 and basically overturn the entire regular season, there should be a heavy burden, i.e. all 7 games at the 1's home ice, and the 1 starts out with a 2 goal lead in each game. If the 8 seed can overcome all that too win the series than fine.
Better that an 8 beats a 1 in a series rather than in just a one game playoff though bro. Personally, if an 8 seed wins a 4 game series, they've earned it outright in my mind, despite their regular season record.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #2882
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I'd love to see the Wings knocked out.

I think the Tampa goal horn guy was drunk or something tonite. For the first 4 Ottawa goals, they were sounding the horn. I've never seen that done for a visitor. After they piled on a few more, I noticed they quit though.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:47 PM   #2883
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman
Better that an 8 beats a 1 in a series rather than in just a one game playoff though bro. Personally, if an 8 seed wins a 4 game series, they've earned it outright in my mind, despite their regular season record.
Gotta disagree with ya there bro. Its still just 4 games. 4 games dont make up for 82 games of mediocrity. Ive never bought into this whole "playoff games are the real season"..baloney. Its one game just like any other game is one game, same rules, same everything, the only reason its worth more is because we say it is. The buildup is purely artificial. If a team that went 41-41 beats a team that went 62-20 in 4 games, their 45-41 against 62-24....still nothing has changed. I realize that this would make it impossible to ever have teams significantly lower than the higher team advance which is why im ok with 8s beating 1s but only if the series is tilted strongly in favor of the 1 beyond a mere slight home court/ice/field advantage. Every game must be at the 1, and the 1 has to start out with a fairly substantial lead. The 8 should have to overcome many huge obstacles to advance.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 04-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #2884
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Detroit is not lookin so hot. Damn shame.

I must also remark on what restraint Zdeno Chara showed when he had Vinny on the ice, fist c0cked. He could have beat the **** out of him, but thought better of it and didn't deliver the final blow. Kind of reminded me of Mr. Miyagi out there.

Last edited by Mtbrncofn; 04-25-2006 at 09:34 PM..
Old 04-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #2885
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Detroit is not lookin so hot. Damn shame.

I must also remark on what restraint Zdeno Chara showed when he had Vinny on the ice, fist c0cked. He could have beat the **** out of him, but thought better of it and didn't deliver the final blow. Kind of reminded me of Mr. Miyagi out there.

The wingies easy season just changed, wheres SA been?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:52 PM   #2886
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Gotta disagree with ya there bro. Its still just 4 games. 4 games dont make up for 82 games of mediocrity. Ive never bought into this whole "playoff games are the real season"..baloney. Its one game just like any other game is one game, same rules, same everything, the only reason its worth more is because we say it is. The buildup is purely artificial. If a team that went 41-41 beats a team that went 62-20 in 4 games, their 45-41 against 62-24....still nothing has changed. I realize that this would make it impossible to ever have teams significantly lower than the higher team advance which is why im ok with 8s beating 1s but only if the series is tilted strongly in favor of the 1 beyond a mere slight home court/ice/field advantage. Every game must be at the 1, and the 1 has to start out with a fairly substantial lead. The 8 should have to overcome many huge obstacles to advance.
What about when a 7 seed wins 2 straight games against a 2 at the 2's home? Then they win the series either 4-0 or 4-1? Then they turn around and kick the crap out of the 1 seed? Is that fair?

**** the dead wings and stars!
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:58 PM   #2887
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
The wingies easy season just changed, wheres SA been?

Oh he'll be around. Him and I have been going back and forth for years now, and I'll give him a lot of credit, he will sack up when needed.

Manny and Marty = two peas in a playoff pod.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #2888
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

The oil are soaking up up anything the wings throw at em.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:32 PM   #2889
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Well all except those last 2. Damnit.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:35 PM   #2890
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Typical chelios almost killing hemsky
Old 04-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #2891
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

what a punk
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:28 PM   #2892
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Detroit appears to have won in OT. Similar to last night. Great missed chance on one end, a few seconds later, a goal on the other end. It is being reviewed. Question if it went under the net.

No Goal called. Game continues.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 04-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #2893
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You are in rare form tonight.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:34 PM   #2894
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
You are in rare form tonight.
Ive just always had a problem with the 1/8 upset thing. JMO. Never been comfortable with it.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 04-25-2006, 11:47 PM   #2895
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Detroit appears to have won in OT. Similar to last night. Great missed chance on one end, a few seconds later, a goal on the other end. It is being reviewed. Question if it went under the net.

No Goal called. Game continues.

Under the net it went and going into the 2nd OT.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #2896
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Earlier this year the Avalanche actually "scored" a goal in the same exact way that Detroit "scored" and had overturned in overtime. The Avalanche "goal" was never reviewed and ultimately made the difference in a one goal Colorado win over Minnesota. It also came against Dwayne Roloson when he was with the Wild. Weird stuff.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #2897
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Earlier this year the Avalanche actually "scored" a goal in the same exact way that Detroit "scored" and had overturned in overtime. The Avalanche "goal" was never reviewed and ultimately made the difference in a one goal Colorado win over Minnesota. It also came against Dwayne Roloson when he was with the Wild. Weird stuff.

Remember that break away that wasn't called a penalty shot after he got hooked. (he was clear)
Old 04-26-2006, 12:09 AM   #2898
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Goallllllll!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:10 AM   #2899
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Oilers lead series 2-1, I stand corrected when I made the prediction (In the general hockey thread) that the Red Wings usually suck in the first round.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:10 AM   #2900
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

What a shame...