The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #2601
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
The color analyst is right when he said, "Dimitrakos put Umberger on the trolly tracks."

Everything had to go wrong (from a Flyer perspective) for a clean, devastating hit like that to happen. Niko Dimitrakos led Umberger into a bad situation (ala Brian Griese to Ed McCaffrey on 9/10/01) with that little breakout pass, Umberger kept his head down a split second too long, and Brian Cambell read the play and was in perfect position to lay R.J. out.

It was a great hit, but I never like seeing players look like Umberger did after the fact.

That really is a killer/funny analogy.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #2602
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I saw the replay of the hit. Looked clean as can be to me, and WOW! what a hit it was!
It's so ironic that someone who's lauds the "Broad Street Bullies" is whining about an awesome hit.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #2603
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

That was a nice hit. It was clean too.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #2604
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

sorry philly your on your own on this one, im with the rest of the guys, it was a clean hit, as for rj being out for the season, didnt you see the wings game today, they were saying in the intermission that he wanted to go back out there that game, he is fine, hell be back, maybe not next game, but hell be back on the ice in philly for sure, also captain keith is talking about coming back sooner rather then later, i fully expect him to be back on the ice, maybe as soon as game 3 as well.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:40 PM   #2605
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
I absolutely mean it.

You can bet that someone will take a nasty run at Campbell. I wait with anticipation.

I think it's laughable that everyone here claims Umberger is at fault because he had his head down. He didn't have his head down. He was looking back for the pass. Campbell waited like a cat anticipating lowering his shoulder pad into Umberger's face. Campbell got the job done. He achieved what he set out to do. He ended the season of a totally defenseless player. it's all good though. I've had time to think about the hit.

Pendejo- I see no difference between a shoulder pad to the face of a player and an elbow. Both leave mountains of damage to the opposing player. I can give plenty of examples. It's one thing to go shoulder to chest, shoulder to ribs, or shoulder to shoulder. It's very damaging when you go shoulder pad to bare face.
If it was Gauthier hitting Afiniganov that way, I would have loved it. It's still a chicken ****, cheap shot hit though. That said, I don't think I'd be cheering as the dude laid motionless on the ice. Funny how Egirl fan is thought of as scum bags because they cheered when Michael Irvin laid motionless on the field, yet, no mention of Sobbers fans doing the same thing.

Retribution is on it's way. I can't wait.

BTW- Whoever used the lame ass "booing Mike Schmidt" reference..... Every superstar in every city gets booed at one time or another. Just ask John Elway.
If you absolutely mean you want Steve Moore retribution then so be it. Take a good look at your son. And then you can hope someday someone will pile drive his head into the ice. Breaks his neck. Causes permanent damage. But what the heck? You'll be a proud Dad for his contribution to "old style" hockey.

To wish that on anyone is beyond stupid. So let it be your son.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 06:51 PM   #2606
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I dont see what the big ***ing deal is. That was a clean hit.

Philly is going to have an annureism. It really bothers me about what he said about Moore though. This is remniscent of the Canucks after Moore's clean hit on Bertuzzi.

Philly is like Bertuzzi.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #2607
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i can honestly say that im alittle bothered by what he said myself, im kinda embarrased to admit that i cheer for the same team as him, that just wasnt cool philly, wishing harm on anyone, hell even if it was a cheap shot you dont wish harm on him, you want somebody to go kick the **** out of him yes, but to wish an injury on somebody, thats just not cool.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:00 PM   #2608
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I thought it may have been charging at first...but yeah, it was clean....vicious yes, but clean nonetheless.

I wouldn't want to see any necks broken or anything but if they could make a statement by knocking Campbell into next year, I'd be more than fine with it. Seeing a little fire out of that team and having another line besides the Forsberg one actually show up would be nice......for a change.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:08 PM   #2609
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

If you absolutely mean you want Steve Moore retribution then so be it. Take a good look at your son. And then you can hope someday someone will pile drive his head into the ice. Breaks his neck. Causes permanent damage. But what the heck? You'll be a proud Dad for his contribution to "old style" hockey.

What Philly said was really nasty and stupid and uncalled for...but I can't believe you would stoop to something as mean as this as payback, Tred.

Last edited by Sassy; 04-23-2006 at 08:13 PM..
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #2610
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

For cryin out loud, the guy isn't even hurt! He took a lickin and kept on tickin'.

Nice to see other Flyers fan can man up and say it was a good hit.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #2611
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy

What Philly said was really nasty and stupid and I disagree...but I can't believe you would stoop to something as mean as this as payback, Tred.
It's not a stoop. It's a reality. If you are willing to wish that type of harm on anyone's child, then you are willing to say it's okay if it happens to your own. If you can look at your own child with love and protection and never wanting to see any harm come to him, then you should be able to understand everyone else feels the same way about their child.

It's a frickin HOCKEY game for cryin' out loud. To be someone sitting on a couch watching TV and actively wishing REVENGE on someone is just beyond me. Steve Moore's family is still living with the reality of that careless statement by Philly.

If letting people get away with that kind of thinking is taking the high ground then I'm willing to grovel along in the mud.

This is the same guy cheering for Peter Forseberg's line. But he seems to forget Peter lost a spleen during a playoff game. Did he whine like a little baby? Did he need some other Av to be an enforcer and inflict harm on another player? The whole idea of that is just stupid. -- And it doesn't have to have a place in the sport.

The only thing the Flyers should be concentrating on is lifting the Cup. Anything else is horsepucky.

Last edited by Tredici; 04-23-2006 at 08:20 PM..
Old 04-23-2006, 08:21 PM   #2612
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Ahh.... he was just hitting Philly close to home. Im sure Campbell has a father too.

I took a puck to the balls yesterday, but after the game all I was interested in after that was the player from Czechoslovakia who shot it.

Im sure the players feel the same. It's a game, and you take that risk when you hit the ice. It was a clean hit, it just came hard.... two players in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I dont blambe him for not trying to slow it down. It can be war out there at times.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #2613
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I'm not disagreeing with you in theory, Tred.
Philly was wrong...
But I guess I can't believe you actually said that.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #2614
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
I'm not disagreeing with you in theory, Tred.
Philly was wrong...
But I guess I can't believe you actually said that.
Well, knowing what Steve Moore's life has become I can't believe Philly actually said that. -- And I don't think Todd Bertuzzi's life took any turns for the better, either.

Sometimes I get sick of the whole smack mentality. These are just people playing games. A little perspective, please.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #2615
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Well I can't believe anyone would call for 'Steve Moore retribution' at all either, and certainly not for something like that! Again, this is a fan of a team who took joy in hurting people back in the ol Broad Street days that he loves to yap about, and lookee now.....

LAME.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #2616
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
Well I can't believe anyone would call for 'Steve Moore retribution' at all either, and certainly not for something like that! Again, this is a fan of a team who took joy in hurting people back in the ol Broad Street days that he loves to yap about, and lookee now.....

LAME.
Careful now.....do not break the Commandment:

Thou shall not take the legacy of the Broad Street Bullies in vain.

This has been a public service announcement, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #2617
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
I saw the replay of the hit. Looked clean as can be to me, and WOW! what a hit it was!
It's so ironic that someone who's lauds the "Broad Street Bullies" is whining about an awesome hit.

It all depends on who is on the other end of the hit.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #2618
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Come on, Hogan....that's a good point though, huh?!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #2619
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
It all depends on who is on the other end of the hit.
If it would have been an Avs player, I would still call it a good hit. No, I would call it an awesome hit and be bummed that it was our player, but I wouldn't be mad about it.

As a hockey fan, that was just wicked awesome.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #2620
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Ducks and the flames are having a good game, the quacks ran up a 3 goal lead before the end of the 2nd but the flames got a shg from iggy and another later from regeher*. 3-2 at the end of the 2nd.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:45 PM   #2621
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Who's in goal for Anaheim?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #2622
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Who's in goal for Anaheim?

jiggy..
Old 04-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #2623
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Here we go...from his own mouth:

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Speaking of pain, Flyers forward R.J. Umberger spoke to the media Sunday and said he bears no ill will toward Sabres defenceman Brian Campbell for the open-ice hit in the first overtime of Game 1.

He said it was a clean hit and didn't expect a player like Campbell to lay one out of that magnitude.

Having said that, he was suffering some short-term memory loss and didn't feel he was knocked unconscious.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:09 PM   #2624
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Third under way..
Old 04-23-2006, 09:10 PM   #2625
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Here we go...from his own mouth:

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Speaking of pain, Flyers forward R.J. Umberger spoke to the media Sunday and said he bears no ill will toward Sabres defenceman Brian Campbell for the open-ice hit in the first overtime of Game 1.

He said it was a clean hit and didn't expect a player like Campbell to lay one out of that magnitude.

Having said that, he was suffering some short-term memory loss and didn't feel he was knocked unconscious.

He didn't go sleep but he was being visited by the where the he11 iam i fairy.