The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2006, 08:10 AM   #2576
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i hate to say it but the hit was clean, it was really nice too, and that hit will be the reason that the flyers win the series, i wasnt sure if they would win before but now i am.

as for them replaying the hit on the jumbotron, i agree with hitchcock that was bush league, but i would bet that it gets replayed in philly before the games, just to get the crowd and the players going. Which is just what we need, last night was a good learning expierence, if our guys dont play physical we are screwed cuz buffalo is alot faster then us, as long as we keep hitting them, we can just pound them into submission like the little b****es that they are.

As for the refs, i have but one question, opening goal, how is it that you can hook a guy to cause a turnover right infront of the net and it be a goal not a penalty ?
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #2577
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Did the Av's play Saturday.... they played right?

Anyone tape the game so they can send it to me?

I played last night and we got killed 6-2. I did block 4 shots and got a goal though. I'm starting to think that I'm just the Definsive Foward that the Av's need. I blocked a shot with my balls yesterday. Good thing I wore a cup. I have a bruise on my inner thigh now. It went by so quick.... I'm standing in front of the net and this one guy from the Czech Republic slaps it from the blue line. I hear a thud from my cup, and I thought "did that just hit where I thought it hit." Then when I started to skate away, I felt a pain in my inner left thigh.

I downloaded the Av's game from Center Ice Forums, but it's no working for some reason.

Go Av's
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #2578
LDB
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf

I played last night and we got killed 6-2. I did block 4 shots and got a goal though. I'm starting to think that I'm just the Definsive Foward that the Av's need. I blocked a shot with my balls yesterday. Good thing I wore a cup. I have a bruise on my inner thigh now. It went by so quick.... I'm standing in front of the net and this one guy from the Czech Republic slaps it from the blue line. I hear a thud from my cup, and I thought "did that just hit where I thought it hit." Then when I started to skate away, I felt a pain in my inner left thigh.

I downloaded the Av's game from Center Ice Forums, but it's no working for some reason.

Go Av's
Sorry, I don't have it for you. I did watch it though. All I can say is the Avs played the most solid game (after those 2 goals) that I have seen them play this year. Theo was a little shaky but got better.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #2579
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
**** em. I want that dude dead. Once again, the Flyers dominate the OT period and the Refs tried to give the Sobbers another PP.

I want Steve Moore retribution.

Really mean that? So another kid has a broken neck and no future? Then a Philly player, coaches and GM's can be tied up in lawsuits? Then you can have a locker room schism. Have a great player who after one irrational act will never, ever, have a clear or respected career. Be stuck with the guy because no one will touch him in a trade. And best of all? End up in the 9 hole next year.

Who really got hurt in that "retribution".
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:03 PM   #2580
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

NBC coverage map ...

http://cdn.nhl.com/cupcrazy/2006/042306.pdf
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #2581
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Todays fun fact..

Marty turco has allowed 23 goals in six playoff games against the Avalanche.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #2582
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

The oil get 2 late 2nd period goals to make it 3-2 with 20 to play.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #2583
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
Really mean that? So another kid has a broken neck and no future? Then a Philly player, coaches and GM's can be tied up in lawsuits? Then you can have a locker room schism. Have a great player who after one irrational act will never, ever, have a clear or respected career. Be stuck with the guy because no one will touch him in a trade. And best of all? End up in the 9 hole next year.

Who really got hurt in that "retribution".

I absolutely mean it.

You can bet that someone will take a nasty run at Campbell. I wait with anticipation.

I think it's laughable that everyone here claims Umberger is at fault because he had his head down. He didn't have his head down. He was looking back for the pass. Campbell waited like a cat anticipating lowering his shoulder pad into Umberger's face. Campbell got the job done. He achieved what he set out to do. He ended the season of a totally defenseless player. it's all good though. I've had time to think about the hit.

Pendejo- I see no difference between a shoulder pad to the face of a player and an elbow. Both leave mountains of damage to the opposing player. I can give plenty of examples. It's one thing to go shoulder to chest, shoulder to ribs, or shoulder to shoulder. It's very damaging when you go shoulder pad to bare face.
If it was Gauthier hitting Afiniganov that way, I would have loved it. It's still a chicken ****, cheap shot hit though. That said, I don't think I'd be cheering as the dude laid motionless on the ice. Funny how Egirl fan is thought of as scum bags because they cheered when Michael Irvin laid motionless on the field, yet, no mention of Sobbers fans doing the same thing.

Retribution is on it's way. I can't wait.

BTW- Whoever used the lame ass "booing Mike Schmidt" reference..... Every superstar in every city gets booed at one time or another. Just ask John Elway.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #2584
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf

Go Av's
Works perfectly for me with VLC Player.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:03 PM   #2585
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
The oil get 2 late 2nd period goals to make it 3-2 with 20 to play.
theyre due a win ... the sharks have a comfortable 3-0 lead over the preds after 2 ... cheechoo is doing his best wolski impression as he has a goal and 2 assists
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #2586
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Good job, Oilers. I loved Roloson's little baseball swing to clear the puck there at the end.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:40 PM   #2587
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Good job, Oilers. I loved Roloson's little baseball swing to clear the puck there at the end.

Fun game to watch.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #2588
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
I absolutely mean it.

You can bet that someone will take a nasty run at Campbell. I wait with anticipation.

I think it's laughable that everyone here claims Umberger is at fault because he had his head down. He didn't have his head down. He was looking back for the pass. Campbell waited like a cat anticipating lowering his shoulder pad into Umberger's face. Campbell got the job done. He achieved what he set out to do. He ended the season of a totally defenseless player. it's all good though. I've had time to think about the hit.

Pendejo- I see no difference between a shoulder pad to the face of a player and an elbow. Both leave mountains of damage to the opposing player. I can give plenty of examples. It's one thing to go shoulder to chest, shoulder to ribs, or shoulder to shoulder. It's very damaging when you go shoulder pad to bare face.
If it was Gauthier hitting Afiniganov that way, I would have loved it. It's still a chicken ****, cheap shot hit though. That said, I don't think I'd be cheering as the dude laid motionless on the ice. Funny how Egirl fan is thought of as scum bags because they cheered when Michael Irvin laid motionless on the field, yet, no mention of Sobbers fans doing the same thing.

BTW- Whoever used the lame ass "booing Mike Schmidt" reference..... Every superstar in every city gets booed at one time or another. Just ask John Elway.

You sound like a nucks fan.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:44 PM   #2589
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
You sound like a nucks fan.
So be it. All fans whine when they think they're player was wronged. I remember alot of Av's fans whining about a year ago as well.

Think Isle's fans whined after Dale Hunter laid out Pierre Turgeon? Think Duck fan whined when Karya was laid out by Stevens? Think Devils fans whined when Domi laid out Neidermeyer? Well, bad example. There aren't any Devils fans so scratch that one out of the example.
All fans whine. If it was Joe Sakic and not RJ Umberger, you would be whining too.

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 04-23-2006 at 01:48 PM..
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:44 PM   #2590
LDB
Just Drafted

Quote:
Fun game to watch.
That was a hell of a game. Good on the Oil for taking it to the Wings.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:53 PM   #2591
Jori
US Olympian

I have to admit, I thought Edmonton would get rolled after they lost in double OT. I think a potential short series is going to turn into a longer one.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #2592
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
I have to admit, I thought Edmonton would get rolled after they lost in double OT. I think a potential short series is going to turn into a longer one.
I think the oil found out something today about the wings, lets see if Mctavish is paying attention.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #2593
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
So be it. All fans whine when they think they're player was wronged. I remember alot of Av's fans whining about a year ago as well.

Think Isle's fans whined after Dale Hunter laid out Pierre Turgeon? Think Duck fan whined when Karya was laid out by Stevens? Think Devils fans whined when Domi laid out Neidermeyer? Well, bad example. There aren't any Devils fans so scratch that one out of the example.
All fans whine. If it was Joe Sakic and not RJ Umberger, you would be whining too.

After a clean hit........................................nope i would be telling my boy that he needs to pay a little more attention rolling up ice like that, umberger was one step ahead of where he should have been. (And you saw the results)
Old 04-23-2006, 02:38 PM   #2594
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
I absolutely mean it.

Yes. It is very damaging to take a shoulder to a bare face. That's why you skate with your head up. It's either that or Campbell is 6'10". You're the only person on this thread who thinks it was a dirty play.

I just hope the Flyers players are smarter than you. Stepping on the ice with revenge on your mind is a good way to go down 2-0 in a series toot sweet.

Snivel all you want...it doesn't change the fact that the hit was clean, and the Flyers let a brilliant performance by Esche be wasted.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #2595
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Yes. It is very damaging to take a shoulder to a bare face. That's why you skate with your head up. It's either that or Campbell is 6'10". You're the only person on this thread who thinks it was a dirty play.

I just hope the Flyers players are smarter than you. Stepping on the ice with revenge on your mind is a good way to go down 2-0 in a series toot sweet.

Snivel all you want...it doesn't change the fact that the hit was clean, and the Flyers let a brilliant performance by Esche be wasted.

Ask lindros and primeau and kariya the keep your head up alert goes off big time during the playoffs.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #2596
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Here is another view of the hit....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y7z6tXm5ocQ&search=umberger
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #2597
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle

Man i just don't see what philly is b******* about, if philly is smart they will just come out a play hockey and beat em on the score board. Retribution doesn't win you **** just ask the nucks.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #2598
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle

The color analyst is right when he said, "Dimitrakos put Umberger on the trolly tracks."

Everything had to go wrong (from a Flyer perspective) for a clean, devastating hit like that to happen. Niko Dimitrakos led Umberger into a bad situation (ala Brian Griese to Ed McCaffrey on 9/10/01) with that little breakout pass, Umberger kept his head down a split second too long, and Brian Cambell read the play and was in perfect position to lay R.J. out.

It was a great hit, but I never like seeing players look like Umberger did after the fact.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #2599
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Man i just don't see what philly is b******* about, if philly is smart they will just come out a play hockey and beat em on the score board. Retribution doesn't win you **** just ask the nucks.

skate with your head down and pay the price...clean hit....funny, they did not do that for Lindros when Stevens layed him out....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #2600
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
The color analyst is right when he said, "Dimitrakos put Umberger on the trolly tracks."

Everything had to go wrong (from a Flyer perspective) for a clean, devastating hit like that to happen. Niko Dimitrakos led Umberger into a bad situation (ala Brian Griese to Ed McCaffrey on 9/10/01) with that little breakout pass, Umberger kept his head down a split second too long, and Brian Cambell read the play and was in perfect position to lay R.J. out.

It was a great hit, but I never like seeing players look like Umberger did after the fact.
Bingo. At first you get excited by the hit...but then when you see that the kid is in Oz you just hope he'll be alright.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote