The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #976
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Rockies get another brilliant performance from Jennings, but he didn't get the win as the game went to extras. I'm sure he doesn't care much at the moment as the Rockies pulled out a 2-1 win in 11. The Rockies are now 7-1 in extra inning games this season.

The Rockies starters haven't walked a batter in the first two games of this series. I wonder if the whiners and conspiracy theorists (Jeff Cirillo qualifies as both) will start crying that the Rockies are bringing the humidor on the road with them.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #977
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

In fact, by being kept in a humidor before games to counteract the effects of Colorado's thin and dry air, they're the only baseballs in the game that exactly duplicate the standards of baseball manufacturers.

“How about foot-in-mouth?” said MLB executive Jimmie Lee Solomon, asked if the complaints of the A's were made tongue-in-cheek. “I don't know why people would say things without knowing the facts. (The Rockies) have balls stored at Rawlings' suggested storage level of 70 degrees and 50 percent humidity. It's the same levels that Rawlings stores the balls at its plant in Missouri.
“I think this is the wave of the future. We will talk about (putting humidors in other parks) at our major league operations meetings. I think the Rockies are ahead of the times.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...s25bbhorn.html
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #978
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
In fact, by being kept in a humidor before games to counteract the effects of Colorado's thin and dry air, they're the only baseballs in the game that exactly duplicate the standards of baseball manufacturers.

How about foot-in-mouth? said MLB executive Jimmie Lee Solomon, asked if the complaints of the A's were made tongue-in-cheek. I don't know why people would say things without knowing the facts. (The Rockies) have balls stored at Rawlings' suggested storage level of 70 degrees and 50 percent humidity. It's the same levels that Rawlings stores the balls at its plant in Missouri.
I think this is the wave of the future. We will talk about (putting humidors in other parks) at our major league operations meetings. I think the Rockies are ahead of the times.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...s25bbhorn.html
Not to mention the fact that the Rockies have been using the humidor since 2002. Now that they've got some decent pitchers throwing those baseballs, people are making excuses and crying about it. Pretty weak.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #979
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Not to mention the fact that the Rockies have been using the humidor since 2002. Now that they've got some decent pitchers throwing those baseballs, people are making excuses and crying about it. Pretty weak.
I couldn't care less if the Rockies were soaking the balls in pudding before the games. They all play with the same balls. To me making the balls heavier is no different than muddying up the dirt around home plate, or trimming the infield grass to different lengths depending on who you're playing. It's part of baseball.

It's another non-story being perpetuated by the non-story factory that is ESPN. It's silly.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:37 AM   #980
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

It's funny that most non-Colorado players, fans and media complained about the high scoring at Coors Field (Jim Rome calling it Williamsport and others Coors Lite) between 1995 and 2005. Now that it's playing like a neutral ballpark many non-Colorado players, fans and media are still complaing about Coors Field.

I guess it goes back to the fact that Americans love to complain.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #981
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

The Detroit Tigers are currently 2 games ahead of the pace set by the 1984 championship Tiger team and they are 8 games in first place. I never thought I'd ask the question this year, but......

BUY or SELL:

The Detroit Tigers getting to the World Series? How about winning the WS in 2006?
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:09 AM   #982
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

they've struggled in matchups vs NY and boston so i dont know if you can put im there yet
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:18 AM   #983
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Buy.

Only because if I had to pick one; It'd be them.

Anyone think there's any hope at all for the Blue Jays?

No?

Not even a dwindling, fading distant light?

Damn.

Last edited by Killericon; 08-06-2006 at 03:45 AM..
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #984
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
It's funny that most non-Colorado players, fans and media complained about the high scoring at Coors Field (Jim Rome calling it Williamsport and others Coors Lite) between 1995 and 2005. Now that it's playing like a neutral ballpark many non-Colorado players, fans and media are still complaing about Coors Field.

You forgot Coors Canaveral.

The most complaining I've heard about a single park in the past few years came from Phil Nevin about PetCo. He was constantly whining that the park was too big. What's funny is legit sluggers have no problem with the dimensions. In a classic tirade he hit a typical Nevin Bomb...you know a fly ball that dies about 3 steps IN FRONT of the warning track. He stood on first base staring up a the G.M.'s box...and subsequently got his **** handed to him after the game by K.T. in Bochy's office. Thank gawd that punce is gone. Ryan Klesko was a close second with his helmet slamming and propensity for letting F bombs fly after a routine pop out.

Back on topic...Coors Field is fine. It was fine before they started humidifying the balls...it's fine now. Who the f*** cares was Jeff Cirillo thinks anyway...besides ESPN of course. I personally thought the football like scores that used be put up there on a semi-regular basis were fun. Pitching duels are great, but every once in awhile I like the surge of offense.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #985
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

White sox win another series over weekend. Tigers were losing 2 of 3 games late when Clevelands closer blows Friday & Saturday nights Saves & instead of picking up a game on Tigers they end up losing ground!

Oh well keep winning series & they will win the wildcard & have a chance to knock Tigers out of playoffs...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #986
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

My Tigers are now 40 games over .500 at 76-36 after beating the Twins tonight.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #987
Bronco Billy
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven
White sox win another series over weekend. Tigers were losing 2 of 3 games late when Clevelands closer blows Friday & Saturday nights Saves & instead of picking up a game on Tigers they end up losing ground!

Oh well keep winning series & they will win the wildcard & have a chance to knock Tigers out of playoffs...

If the Sox win another, it'll have to be from a wild card berth. Detroit has been on fire all year. Assuming the Tigers slow down and go .500 the rest of the way, the Sox will still have to go 37-15 to win the division.
Bronco Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #988
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The White Sox better watch out or they may miss the playoffs entirely.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #989
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc

Nobody loves to complain more than I, but I'm thrilled to see Coors playing like a neutral ballpark now.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #990
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
My Tigers are now 40 games over .500 at 76-36 after beating the Twins tonight.
I didn't know you were a Tiger fan! I lived in Michigan for most of my life. How did you get to be a fan of the Tiggers?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #991
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway
I didn't know you were a Tiger fan! I lived in Michigan for most of my life. How did you get to be a fan of the Tiggers?
I grew up in NW Ohio, only 45 minutes from Detroit. A few years back I moved back to the area. Where did you live in Michigan?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #992
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Go Dodgers! 10 In a row

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #993
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie
I grew up in NW Ohio, only 45 minutes from Detroit. A few years back I moved back to the area. Where did you live in Michigan?
I lived in Grand Rapids, western side of the state.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #994
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man

Check My Style Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
Go Dodgers! 10 In a row

11 now. On a freaking tear
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #995
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man

Check My Style Out

SD lost tonight in NY

A win over teh Rox tonight puts LA in first place in the west
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #996
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Yeah the madres finished the first half strong, but have faded since the break. Two tough losses in a row to the Mets.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #997
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Jeff Francis with yet another strong performance. You can just see his confidence growing.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:54 PM   #998
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Great game tonight for the Rox
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #999
Jori
US Olympian

Hopefully Hawpe is starting to break out....somebody on this team needs to. I hate that this sh***y offense is wasting all of this great pitching.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #1000
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Manuel Corpas continues to shine, but Hurdle still doesn't trust him enough. The kid has inherited 10 runners in his brief major league career and none of them have scored. He hasn't allowed a run since his debut, but he's still only being utilized in short stretches. Seems ridiculous to me, he's been the Rockies best reliever since he came up, but Hurdle has this love affair with Joe Table and Ray "Burger" King.

Case and point, Hurdle goes to Corpas in the top of the eighth and he strikes out Jeff Kent. Hurdle immediatly pulls him to go get King......who abruptly gives up a home run to break the tie. I could weep.

Let the kid pitch, Hurdle, you dumb ****.